Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2024, 20:56   #46

Re: Update 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
Some more updates:

1) Like mentioned in my last post, I did get a BMC airfilter in stock location. Also, the air channel has been cut to let in the cold air from outside- just like the euro spec air channel. Saved some money there.
Just wanted to ask - did you change the downpipe too after adding the BMC filter?

Last edited by KarthikK : 7th July 2024 at 21:23. Reason: Fixed the broken quote tags
Old 7th July 2024, 23:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post

Could you please share some leads on where you sourced your brake pads and brake discs from? Also your views on both the parts in comparison to their stock components would also be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Hi,

I did source the Brake pads from GT tunerz, Gurgaon. And the disk from Auto Kannan. I did not like the service of Kannan guys, have to follow up multiple times for updates. I think German Cart can help you with both the items. Just check with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post

P.S. Those bronze alloys go really well with the carbon steel shade.
Thank you! I am thinking of getting a clear coat on top to make it a little shinny. Right now, it matte bronze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracross_7 View Post
hello
what are the figures after remap and also did you dyno your car ??
I was quoted 135 HP and 320 NM of torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh Saini View Post
Just wanted to ask - did you change the downpipe too after adding the BMC filter?
No, I did not. I am thinking of getting those by next year with a stage 2 map on top of that. Let's see.
Tuisha110HP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 00:07   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
No, I did not. I am thinking of getting those by next year with a stage 2 map on top of that. Let's see.
But the difference between the stage 1 and 2 is very little, around 15HP, but then stage 2 will allow you to have power in the top RPMs as compared to the surge in the initial RPMs, but the gains are pretty small. Plus it may require an intercooler upgrade as well, and which does not come without the hassle, as there is not much options of bolt on fitments of intercooler for the Rapid. Plus ideally one needs to upgrade the intercooler when you are upgrading the turbo, as there are other numericals like volume and all involved in it.

Great build, please log the EGTs on the third gear, if you have the access to a VCDS cable. This will allow you to have a clear picture of what the turbo is doing in general.

Happy Motoring!
Bsilver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 20:10   #49

Re: 45000 km with a Czech Beauty | My Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI | Now Remapped to Stage 1

Can anyone suggest a good FNG in Chandigarh or Jalandhar. Not satisfied with quality of service provided by ASC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks