Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2024, 12:20   #196
BHPian

Re: Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review

Got my battery changed under warranty:

When I took my car delivery from service center, the SA hinted to get the battery checked and changed as there were signs of delayed start during cranking up engine. I have not noticed any, and hence ignored his advice. I thought maybe they are trying to extract more money, I just nodded and took delivery.

After few days I noticed that the initial starts were getting delayed, the MID showed healthy reading of 14.2 during running and 12.6v before cranking. I then visited nearby Exide showroom, they tested using a meter and recommended battery change. Below is the print out report from the meter.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240713_130907.jpg

The Exide showroom guy asked for the warranty card, I had it handy in the glovebox. Thankfully it was still under warranty. He said they don't have this battery in stock but can get it within a week. They have to send the old battery and then will get a new one. They did not have any loaner battery.

Exide provides 30 months warranty.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240713_130846.jpg

I had no choice, hence obliged. He asked me to share my location and a technician will come to my home and pickup the battery and will charge 400 bucks for fixing the new one. I was fine with it.

The technician visited my house later that night, after a couple of follow ups and took the old battery and also took my warranty card as well. After 5 days, I followed up and they confirmed that they received the battery, but as it was raining heavily the technician was not working. Finally after 3 days the technician came and fixed new one.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240721_111428.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240721_111629.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240721_111649.jpg

After fixing the new battery the MID showed "Parksense service required, contact service center" message. However, after riding for few kms it disappeared and did not come back.

Hopefully this new battery will last for another 3 years

During the claim process, they made no fuss. Did not ask for bill, just the warranty card was fine. The whole process would have been even more smoother if they had a loaner battery in stock.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 11:48   #197
BHPian

Got new tires and TPMS:

Stock Firestone tires served me well till 49,200 kms. These were 2018 manufactured and came with the vehicle. They still had decent thread left and could easily pulled another 5k kms, however, as they were 6 years old, I could feel the rubber got harder and ride was getting a bit bouncy.

I had my eyes on Goodyear AT tires (same used by arun_josie sir link here), Tyresnmore site listed them for 11k each. 225/60/R17 had limited options, and only Goodyear was offering AT in the stock size. I did not want to upsize the tyres and hence went with Goodyears.

I went ahead and placed the order on 23rd Jul early morning at 08:30 AM and also included JK Tires Treel internal TPMS, which were having a good 50% discount and costed 3k. Additional 1k for fitting.

Got a call from Tyresnmore team at 09:30 AM and they asked to share my location via Whatsapp. They confirmed my slot for 05:00 PM to 06:30 PM for sameday. At exactly 04:30 PM the technician called and said he will reach my location by 05:00 PM.

Parked my vehicle outside as I had limited space at my parking. I then asked them regarding the TPMS, and the guy went blank. He was not given any instructions regarding TPMS installation. I then showed him the bill, he then coordinated with his manager and got the TPMS delivered via Rapido bike in 30 minutes (their Hyderabad office was nearby my locality). Installation started at 05:30 PM and they completed within 45 minutes.

The technician guided me on TPMS registration process and left for the day. The registration process was pretty simple and straight forward. Download the app, register yourself, enter car details and scan each of the QR code. We can set max and min psi and the warning notification will be triggered based on that.

Price breakdown below

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240723_191841_gmail.jpg

Exchanged all my 4 old tires and got a merely discount of 400 bucks. Another 1% discount for paying online.

Their setup in a small van. They had a generator which was powering their tools. I guess they can easily save on real estate and can reach many customers all over the city, smart setup. I was having a casual chat with the technician, he said that on any given day they do around 1 to 5 installations.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240723_171340.jpg

Peakaboo of new tires. All of them were 2024 manufactured and were "Made in India".

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240723_171354.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240723_171607.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240723_180723.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240723_182257.jpg

Wheel alignment being done (free of cost).

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240723_183155.jpg

They worked on the left side first, front left tire one of the nut was very tight. They struggled to open it, they claim it got bulged and if they try harder it might break. As we had no option, I gave them a go ahead. Luckily it did not break and they were able to fix it back (problem for another day I guess).

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240723_182314.jpg

Job well done. I would highly recommend Tyresnmore, the service was quick, not much fuss. Only had the TPMS hickup, which they resolved quickly. Fully satisfied with their work and service.

I enquired regarding warranty and the technician claimed that they will take care of the warranty registration process and I will get an email with warranty card as pdf.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240724_103235.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240724_094154.jpg

TPMS:

The "SmartTyre Car & Bike" (they need a better name), app requires location access (why?), bluetooth access, notification access, and battery saving should be disabled (again why?). As soon as the app detected my TPMS the warranty messages kicked in, full 5 years warranty.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240723_191756_smarttyre-car-bike.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240723_191750_smarttyre-car-bike.jpg

I am yet to check the accuracy of the readings, I will compare it with my tyre inflator readings, hopefully they will match. The only disadvantage is, this app doesn't support Android Auto.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240724_075325_smarttyre-car-bike.jpg

I have noticed that the steering felt light after driving with the new tires. I felt a significant change in the ride comfort, it felt less bouncy.

Next step, obd gps tracker installation. I placed the order today on Amazon. Expecting delivery tomorrow. I initially wanted to go woth Jiomotive, but the issue with it is that the device was very bulky and it would easily get damaged by my right foot, as the OBD placement in Compass is just right above acceleration pedal. This brand is 2,000 buck cheaper than Jiomotve and comes with an OBD extender cable and the actual reader comes with double-sided tape and I can easily stick it at a place where it will not touch my foot. Stay tuned for more updates.
Old 29th July 2024, 17:02   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
The only disadvantage is, this app doesn't support Android Auto.
Hi sir,

The app does support Android Auto, you'll have to uninstall the version downloaded from the Play Store and download the APK from a Google Drive link.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5630021 (Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review)
Attached Thumbnails
Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240521_165628.jpg  

NA-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 23:58   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
Hi sir,

The app does support Android Auto, you'll have to uninstall the version downloaded from the Play Store and download the APK from a Google.
This is why I love this forum. Thank you so much, I installed the file, let me check tomorrow.

Ajjas OBD GPS Tracker:

Installed the Ajjas OBD GPS tracker. Below are my observations:
  • Installation is pretty simple and straight forward
  • Quality is 3/5
  • App configuration 3/5
  • Installation ease 4/5
  • Accuracy 2.5/5

Installation is plug and play, no issues here. The registration process is simple, however, the cost does not include sim activation charges. I had to recharge 699 bucks to get it activated? This is valid for 1 year. Next year it is 1399? The app support is also for 1 year, not sure about charges for next year.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240725_093302.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240725_093308.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240725_093339.jpg

Coming to accuracy, it works when it works. It gives accurate information of your trips, however, when parked and ignition is turned off, it still thinks vehicle is under motion?

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240729_233410.jpg

I raised an issue with the support team, so far no resolution. I ordered via Amazon, unable to return it. Only has option to order replacement unit.

An OBD device which does not give you option to read vehicle health? What a waste of resources. It only has GPS functionality and nothing else.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240729_234757.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240729_234941.jpg

Some features like mileage log and top speed can be accessed only if upgraded to Pro? Additional charges of 709 per year for 1st year. Total rip off.

Final thoughts: A big no go from my side.
Old 2nd August 2024, 11:52   #200

Hi @ramnaresh_2000

I feel you when something amazing ordered from Amazon but it turned out to be pretty stupid.
If you are an amazon prime subscriber and ordered this product from same account. I will recommend you call the amazon customer care and ask them to return the product. You need to explain the product does not do what it is advertised.

They sometimes agree to return the product. I have had several failed and success attempts at this.

I will suggest you go for Onelap GPS, My experience with Onelap has been better. I have ordered from their Sales Representative, you can get this from Amazon also.
The GPS is pretty accurate. It gives you notification of engine ignition ON, Safe zone Enter and Exit and A daily summary of previous day running with kilometers and time.
The best feature of this Onelap GPS device is it's ability to turn off Engine from Mobile Application.
If you feel that your car is stolen, you can kill engine and the car if Running will wait for the drive to come idle and then turn off the engine. The engine will not ignite after that untill you turn it ON from your application.

It does seems a bit expensive but it works very well. I opted for Airtel SIM instead of Vodafone.
Attaching some pictures from the application:
Attached Thumbnails
Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240802113257511_in.onelap.gpstracker.jpg  

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240802113218313_in.onelap.gpstracker.jpg  

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240802113339413_in.onelap.gpstracker.jpg  

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240802113234727_in.onelap.gpstracker.jpg  

Iva1311 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 22:09   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva1311 View Post
Hi @ramnaresh_2000

I will suggest you go for Onelap GPS, My experience with Onelap has been better. I have ordered from their Sales Representative, you can get this from Amazon also.
The GPS is pretty accurate. It gives you notification of engine ignition ON, Safe zone Enter and Exit and A daily summary of previous day running with kilometers and time.
The best feature of this Onelap GPS device is it's ability to turn off Engine from Mobile Application.
If you feel that your car is stolen, you can kill engine and the car if Running will wait for the drive to come idle and then turn off the engine. The engine will not ignite after that untill you turn it ON from your application.

It does seems a bit expensive but it works very well. I opted for Airtel SIM instead of Vodafone.
Attaching some pictures from the application:
+1 to that. I have been using Onelap for 2 years in both my cars now and it is pretty good.

Initially it came with Vodafone sim, which had massive network issues. I then ported to Airtel & it has been functioning well. Onelap’s customer support is responsive & I have had no major issues with them.
kapilsharma80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 17:06   #202
BHPian

A few updates, Thanks to Bhpian NA-Driver, I can now access TPMS via AA

The only issue is, it doesn't show air pressure of spare tyre, not a deal breaker. I can live with that.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240730_085751.jpg

Ajjas GPS vows continues, I did a small 3 kms trip on Friday evening and I got almost 30 notifications of vehicle vibrations and vehicle on/off. I was so irritated that I had to turn off the app notifications and bluetooth. Raised an issue with support team. They called today and asked to stick OBD device facing upwards of sky. Maybe for better GPS signal or network.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240809_191005_one-ui-home.jpg

We had a Jeep owners meet at La Forest resort near Vikarabad. It was a 2.5 hours drive from my house. Almost 13 Compass/Meridian owners met. We had a lovely day. Just some nice chit chat, site seeing, trekking and nice food.

There was small stream nearby, clicked some pictures in the wild.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240812_164901_gallery.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240812_164906_gallery.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20240812_164912_gallery.jpg

Resort entrance:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240810_122415.jpg

Dine area:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240810_122423.jpg

Nice swimming pool:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240810_122608.jpg

View from our balcony:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240810_131620.jpg

View from inside our room:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240811_081550.jpg

Bonfire:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20240810_215949.jpg

Water stream nearby:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-img20240811wa0007.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-img20240811wa0026.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-img20240811wa0027.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-img20240811wa0047.jpg

On Day 2 few members went on a trek to some 800 years old temple. We were tired and did not join. It was 1.5 hours walk, while returning they all came back in a Bolero pickup truck.

Almost all owners were confident that Jeep might exit India soon. I was still positive, Jeep still has chance and can bring a plug-in hybrid or Compass pass EV.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 19:34   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few updates, Thanks to Bhpian NA-Driver, I can now access TPMS via AA
What brand TPMS it is? How did you setup on AA? Pls share details.
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 20:33   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
What brand TPMS it is? How did you setup on AA? Pls share details.
I am using Treel Internal TPMS and purchased it online via Tiresnmore site along with my new tires.

Purchase link: TPMS

Price is 3k for 5 TPMS and 2.4k for 4, installation will be done at home (if available in your city) for 1k.

AA setup was done by downloading the apk file provided in previous post by fellow Bhpian. Just install the apk file, give all necessary permissions and once you connect to AA the app appears in the HU.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 05:25   #205
BHPian

For accessing the spare tyre pressure, use the small right arrow on the right side of the screen, the one besides rear right temp reading

Last edited by gharika : 15th August 2024 at 05:26. Reason: Spellings
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 16:59   #206
BHPian

Quote:

We had a Jeep owners meet at La Forest resort near Vikarabad. It was a 2.5 hours drive from my house. Almost EV.
How is the food and accommodation at the resort? is it good enough to take toddlers?
sirius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 12:43   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
For accessing the spare tyre pressure, use the small right arrow on the right side of the screen, the one besides rear right temp reading
Thank you for the details, I did not notice that previously. It is working. I can now see the spare tyre readings as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius View Post
How is the food and accommodation at the resort? is it good enough to take toddlers?
The resort is just 5 weeks old, which is spread across 3 acres of land. Some mi or works are still going on. The rooms we stayed were newly constructed and they were still fitting AC and fixing washroom taps.

The food is good, very limited menu, but homely food. As it located in deep forest, there are many mosquitoes, bugs etc around the rooms and resort. Evening time the bugs enter rooms if not closed/locked properly. The resort doest not provide any mosquitoe repellents or sprays. Better to cary your own and use mosquitoe repellent creams for toddlers.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 16:10   #208
BHPian

An unpopular opinion,

The Jeep Compass Sport, with its current discounts, is the best 5 door, diesel SUV in the market right now.

Superior to the Roxx.

Now if you wanted a convertible, and a but if style, then the Thar 3 door, is your car.

Nucliomaniac is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks