Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2022, 11:56   #136
BHPian

Re: Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki9009 View Post
There were lot of apprehensions with the new insurance providers like Acko, digit etc on the insurance thread here in Team BHP. Looks like you had a smooth claim without any problem.
Yes even I was not 100% confident when I purchased Acko. I went ahead anyway because my usage was less. The claim process was pretty smooth, I would highly recommend Acko to anyone. Having said that, few issues related to Acko insurance claim process
  • The surveyor initially got confused and reached wrong service center? There is only 1 Jeep authorized service center in Hyderabad. Not sure what the mixup was.
  • The Acko app asked me to upload RC and DL copies, when I tried uploading it gave me "unauthorized" error. I then emailed to their customer service email.
  • There is no way to contact Acko call center, you will have to raise call back request from App. They will respond back promptly.
ramnaresh_2000 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 14:04   #137
BHPian

Finally got a call from my SA on 25th that my vehicle is ready. I told him that I will collect it on 26th as I was out of town. Also requested him to keep it ready as I will have to go back to my town as soon as I take the delivery.

Reached Pride Jeep at 10:30 AM, the agony

• The rear quarter panel was not repainted even when my insurance gave a go ahead. Noticed the scratches, they were not deep but I really was not in a mood to accept this.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220426_111657.jpg
  • Grease marks on door handles. 1000 bucks were charged for vehicle washing, now I have to clean the interiors all over again myself.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220427_073331.jpg

Called the service manager, no response. I then called the Pride GM Mr. Prem who responded that he was in a meeting and called me in after sometime. Shown him the approval email from Acko, he called bodyshop manager and enquired. We forgot, was the response I got. They promised to repaint by evening and arranged for a donor vehicle. Had to wait another 30 minutes as they were cleaning the donor vehicle. Fiat Aventura, what a machine. Was in love with it (story for another time). Went home and waited patiently for an update.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220426_133137.jpg

As promised received a call from SA by evening that vehicle is ready, they arranged for a driver to do door delivery and take back the donor vehicle. It was evening when the vehicle was handed over and it was dark so did not notice much.

The agony continues, noticed the repainted panel in the morning and I will let the pictures do the talking.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220427133122_gallery.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220427133037_gallery.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220427133012_gallery.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220427132949_gallery.jpg

Masking tape was not used properly to cover the panel edges and the whole rubber beeding edges are now painted in red.

Immediately sent the pics to Pride GM and below is the response.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220427095420_whatsapp.jpg

The SA called me today morning, I gave him a piece of my mind. He asked to bring back the vehicle to service center. I told him I already reached my hometown. He said they are planning some workshops in my hometown and they will get it rectified when they do the workshop. I have zero confidence in them.

Started looking at alternatives to Pride Jeep as my warranty expires in August, no plans to go with extended warranty as the price has gone up from 38k to 60k.

I will also be escalating this to FCA, but again not much hopes from FCA as well.
ramnaresh_2000 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 11:24   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I will also be escalating this to FCA, but again not much hopes from FCA as well.
Sad to see this, i think this is the same across dealerships. I had an issue with KHT Prime and escalated to FCA customer care mentioned in website. The only thing they did was to route it back to the dealership. Sorry state of service...
niki9009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 12:46   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got a call from my SA on 25th that my vehicle is ready. I told him that I will collect it on 26th as I was out of town. Also requested him to keep it ready as I will have to go back to my town as soon as I take the delivery.

Reached Pride Jeep at 10:30 AM, the agony

Started looking at alternatives to Pride Jeep as my warranty expires in August, no plans to go with extended warranty as the price has gone up from 38k to 60k.

Please go for extended service. You never know what goes wrong and then repent later. Unless you plan to sell it over next couple of years its always advised to go for extended warranty. I had the 5 years (3+2 extended) warranty fro my Punto and in those 5 years I don't remember spending a penny from my pocket on anything other than regular service and wear and tear parts. The only part I paid for was the starter motor which conked off in sixth year after the warranty had expired. Every thing that broke down during warranty period was promptly replaced.

Last edited by nibedk : 28th April 2022 at 12:47. Reason: Correction
nibedk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 14:20   #140
BHPian

Quote:
The agony continues, noticed the repainted panel in the morning and I will let the pictures do the talking.…..
From my personal experience Ramnaresh, I will advise you to move on provided technical work is done as per satisfaction and colour is matched well. These service centers can’t do a decent job in painting, forget about the factory finish. .
abhi_tjet is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 14:52   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
From my personal experience Ramnaresh, I will advise you to move on provided technical work is done as per satisfaction and colour is matched well. These service centers can’t do a decent job in painting, forget about the factory finish. .
I am not expecting a factory finish, but expected atleast that they would have removed the panel and repainted it instead of doing a messed up job. The beeding around the quarter panel is covered with the paint. Only a trained eye can locate that, but my OCD kicks in everytime I see it.

Let me not talk about the orange peel effect on it. The newly painted rear bumper has a chip on it? Seriously disappointed with the work done. I do agree they did a good job in matching the color though. Will get the car detailed in a month, hopefully they will fix it.
Old 4th May 2022, 17:29   #142
BHPian

As it was holiday yesterday on the occasion of Eid, I wanted to explore a newly constructed park in my hometown. Tried to start my vehicle and noticed the battery gave up, the MID was glowing like a christmas tree with all error messages thrown up. Realized batttery went dead, the volts reading was showing as 8.0 volts.

Called local Jeep showroom and as expected they didn't have any batteries in stock, but suggested a store outside. Called them and shared the battery pic, went ahead with the same configuration as previous battery i.e 70ah. Many owners suggested 74ah, but mechanic said it might impact the starter. Costed 8.8k, with 55 months warranty.

MID errors and voltage reading

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220504_111933.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220504_111859.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220504_111850.jpg

Old battery - Exide 70ah, manufactured in 2019.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220504_161118.jpg

The new one

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220504_164212.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 15th June 2022 at 18:16. Reason: Removing social media reference.
ramnaresh_2000 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:19   #143
BHPian

Recently installed anti rat gadget in my Compass. Here is a small review

Price: Free
Installation: Free
Maintenance: Zero (maybe some milk as bribe occasionally to make it feel at home)

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220508_104803.jpg

Fun aside, after changing the battery I am getting 4 error messages on the MID (service hill hold, service DST, service ESP and engine check light). Upon contacting service center they informed that they need to clear the errors and this is expected behavior after changing the battery. Need to get the errors removed. The SA also assured that it is safe to drive the vehicle.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220505_105242.jpg
ramnaresh_2000 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 17:20   #144
BHPian

Pride Jeep held a service camp in my hometown on 15th May, the SA said I can bring my vehicle to get the errors cleared. Took the vehicle there, on my way to service center noticed that the errors went away on their own. I still went ahead just to make sure.

The mechanic test drove the vehicle for 5 minutes and the errors did not resurface. He said this maybe due to not enough current flowing in to the sensors. When we start driving enough current flows and errors got rectified. So far so good, no errors popped up
Old 15th June 2022, 18:06   #145
BHPian

First challan after 1.5 years of ownership for wrong parking . Went to attend a function and the function hall was jam packed, had to park on road. Challan is better than vehicle being towed I guess.

Recently getting this itch to upgrade headlights to HID and to install a 9"inch touch screen as warranty is about to expire in Aug'22. Trying hard to resist any suggestions on how to resist this urge? Stock headlights are pathetic, I always avoid night travels on highway, but recently had to do few trips and this is getting my nerves.
Attached Thumbnails
Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220615175010_chrome.jpg  

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220615175527_chrome.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 19:41   #146
BHPian

It was time for the 45k 4th year service. The odo was at 24k only. Luckily got a call from Mody service which was recently opened in Hyderabad, moosapet location. They were fully operational. It was like music to my ears. The domination of Pride Jeep is over.

I booked a slot for today, requested pick up and drop service as I was not feeling well. They said it was a paid service of 250 bucks, happily obliged. I requested pick up at 10:00 AM morning, the driver called me at 9:15 AM and said he was outside. Well done Mody Jeep. Driver quickly checked for any damages and scratches, gave me the receipt and took the vehicle.

Got a call from SA after an hour, he gave an estimation of 16k. I was shocked, my previous bill was 18k. Told him to go ahead. Vehicle was handed over to me by 6:20 PM by the same driver. Checked everything and was fully satisfied. The total bill was 15,087/-. Overall fully satisfied with Mody Jeep who also has Ford service center in Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220728192503_gallery.jpg  

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220728192412_gallery.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 16:51   #147
BHPian

It is time for insurance renewal, went ahead with Acko as I was fully satisfied with the claim I made this year. The quote was 24k this year with IDV of 14 lakhs. Extra car protect also includes RSA (my Jeep RSA expires this month).

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20220821163939_adobe-acrobat.jpg

All that is covered in the insurance

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-smartselect_20220821164944_adobe-acrobat.jpg

My office FHPL insurance was also Acko, made a total of 2 minor claims, and both were processed seamlessly. I would highly recommend Acko to anyone any day eyes closed.
Old 29th August 2022, 11:54   #148
BHPian

Hyderabad traffic welcomes you. The amount of negligence in traffic jams and signals is growing day by day. Biker caused the below scratches when I was waiting at a signal. The gap between my car and the car beside me was not enough for a bike to pass through, yet the biker went through causing scratches on my rear door right side and scratches on adjacent car left side front door. Luckily he escaped before we got down from the vehicle to access the damage.

Doesn't look like deep scratch, buffing might help hopefully.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220828_095203.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220828_095207.jpg
Old 24th September 2022, 19:56   #149
BHPian

Initially my night driving was very limited. Never had any reason to upgrade headlights. These days my night driving on highways increased and had to upgrade them. We all know how pathetic the headlights throw of pre-facelift Compass is. The warranty also ended, so went ahead with HID's.

Visited Car Sonics shop located at Minister Road, Hyderabad. Watched a lot of their YouTube videos and decided to check them out. As it was Saturday, they had crazy amount of vehicles. The overall experience was underwhelming.

As soon as I reached the location, I was approached by a person and he asked about my requirements. He gave quotation of just 1 model i.e. Aozoom HID's. As it was unknown brand I asked for Phillips or Osrams. He said not in stock anywhere in Hyderabad, I also asked in few other shops and got same response few days back.

They were pretty busy as it was Saturday, almost 10 vehicles undergoing work. Went ahead with installation, zero bargaining. He claimed this is best price in Hyderabad. The installation was done in a shabby way. The headlights got scratches which really pissed me off, gave the installer a piece of my mind, so he was careful on other headlight.

They gave me bill (which didn't have GST or stamp on it) and warranty card was given with stamp and signature. I wanted to pay with Credit Card, they insisted on Gpay or cash. I decided not to pay on Gpay and insisted on Credit Card payment only. No extra charges on card payment which is good. After this experience decided not to visit them anymore as I had many other upgrades planned.

In all his YouTube videos the owner claims excellent installation and finshing. It is just tall claims and in reality the quality of work is too shabby if you don't oversee the installation. Too much business might have gone over their head. There was zero quality checks made by anyone from the management after installation was done.

Let the pictures do the talking.

Installation started, he tried installing directly but failed. He then removed the clips and then removed headlights.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220924_121739.jpg

HID's. The quality was good at first glance.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220924_121752.jpg

Ballast, sold separately.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220924_121759.jpg

HID's installed inside headlight

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220924_123316.jpg

Scratches on my left side headlight

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220924_153356.jpg

Testing at night. I was unable to find a street without streetlights. Headlights off.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220924_190949.jpg

Headlights turned on and booting up.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220924_190954.jpg

After 2 seconds, full glory of HID's in action

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-20220924_191019.jpg

Brand: Aozoom
Warranty: 2 years replacement
Cost: 14,500 with installation

LED's for fog lamps is recommended, but they gave an exorbitant quotation of 9k to 12k based on brand. I politely declined, they then said let's install cheaper quality ones for 6k. Refused again firmly this time.

Overall happy with the throw. I kept an eye on battery voltage for 30 minutes, no drop noticed. Need to test on highways at nights. I would give final verdict after few highway drives. As of now apart from scratches, happy with overall performance.

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 24th September 2022 at 20:11.
ramnaresh_2000 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 16:06   #150
BHPian

Hi
Thanks for sharing, looks like a great upgrade.
Can you please check with them if they have any presence in Mumbai, and if yes, can they share the creds... I'm looking for headlight upgrades for my CR-V.
Thanks
Ameet.
pineapple_ameet is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks