Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2020, 01:53   #16
BHPian

re: Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up

First Service:

First service was scheduled before 1500Kms.
- All pandemic routine care and sanitization was done while car was taken for service. But they charged me 266 INR for it.
- Routine check up and top up of fluids
- Bangalore service centres have restrictions on water usage. Hence, they wiped the car instead of a proper wash (car badly needed a wash though).
- They do use some sort of interior polish which leaves a sticky (oily?) feel on interiors for few days post service. Have to ask them to not do the same next time.
- Service associate did try selling me paint protection coatings. But did not push me or cause inconvenience.
- They agreed to me being there while service was happening.
- Hyundai provides service updates in whatsapp with lots of pics.

Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up-img_20200923_100036.jpg

Next service is scheduled for 10K Kms or 1st year anniversary.

Last edited by srikanthmadhava : 27th December 2020 at 23:50.
srikanthmadhava is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 04:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 07:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Awesome thread- I guess I was a bit lazy to start one for my Creta D-SXO AT . But you have covered everything and more perhaps.
One of the main factors for my choice of Creta over say, Seltos was the rear seat comfort. With regards the ride and handling, I got a sense that the ride was ok, but the handling is between 3.5-4 (out of 5) at high speeds. I tend to back off on high speed curves at say, 90-100 kph, but perhaps it is also out of the mental awareness that I am driving a high GC car, and the steering doesnt weigh up as much as say, a Linea at those times.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 09:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your first car. Excellent review! You have covered each and every aspect of the car. Enjoyed reading it. The 1.5L Diesel Engine combined with the Torque Converter AT is a match made in the heaven. Wish you many more happy and safe miles with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
- They do use some sort of interior polish which leaves a sticky (oily?) feel on interiors for few days post service. Have to ask them to not do the same next time.
Hyundai and Kia service centers use Wurth range of products for exterior and interior cleaning/polishing and they leave a very greasy layer on the interior plastics. The entire interior turns into a dust magnet. I strictly ask my SA not to use them during service visits.

Quote:
Next service is scheduled for 10K Kms or 1st year anniversary.
Isn't there another checkup at 5K kms? Seltos has it. I thought both Hyundai and Kia follow similar service intervals.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 29th December 2020 at 09:18.
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 11:03   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car! In my opinion, white on any vehicle looks good, and makes the vehicle look bigger, than in other colors.

You have explained the lighting(headlamps) part very well, and corners look scary in Creta, they could have thought out something better for this expensive car. It is not that scary in my polo though, need to notice it better next time I take corners during night
amods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 11:25   #21
BHPian

Fantastic ownership review with very comprehensive details showing peer to peer features' comparison across multiple options available in indian car market.

Many congratulations.
Ankur@VNS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 11:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Nice review. Honestly speaking wasn't a fan of the new Creta, but the review has changed my perspective towards it.

About the headlights and the issue you are facing in the bends with the high beam, is pretty common for almost all mainstream cars. Except the Superb and Octavia, no car below Rs.30 L gets the adaptive lights.

Some cars (XUV500, Old Creta, Tucson) do get the Cornering lights, (Not the cornering Fogs), which help the matters much more. IMO a very underrated safety feature.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 12:59   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Srikanth for the ownership and what an excellent and super detailed review it is. Like you I have also installed DDPAI Mola N3 (non GPS) in my Crysta and I am impressed with the camera overall. However in low-light and night with not much ambient light around the captures are not that great and leaves room for improvement. But for the price it is pretty good especially coming with capacitors instead of batteries and the f/1.8 lens. My detailed impression with this camera is mentioned here (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread). I do take out the SD card for file copying as this is faster but I do carry 4 - 5 sd cards with me all the time so that if one runs out of space I can plug in the other.

I am using the Turtle Carnuba Wash and Wax and its pretty good. Turtle car care products chosen based in TBHP feedbacks seems to be really acers.

I see you have invested in a bottle sprayer, I think in a longer term you should switch to pressure washers for saving time with car wash.

Tissue holder boxes always need to be juggled around, what would be the best place to keep them. Put them on the rear parcel shelf but one day you are driving car alone and feel the need at the front. So the best solution seems to me of the likes of these which can sit inside cup holders or door pockets for bottles very easily and can be placed one at the front and another at the back.

Last edited by haisaikat : 29th December 2020 at 13:01.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 14:52   #24
BHPian

Congratulations Shrikant on the purchase, the car looks wonderful in white. Excellent review and analysis by the way. My in-laws are planning to but one and I will surely refer your thread to them.
grosserimperial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 18:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Excellent thread with detailed coverage of various aspects right from the car selection. The PDI and Panoramic Sunroof Open or Close suspense really caught my attention and the humor of finishing up the Laddus due to delayed delivery was fun! The Creta vs Harrier portion would be useful to a lot of people as well.

Wishing you many safe and happy miles with your new possession!
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 19:37   #26
MUJ
BHPian

Excellent and a Wonderful written review. Congrats on your first car. I am not a great fan of the exterior styling of the newer Creta but it seems neutral in the shade of White rather than a Black or Silver. I'd agree with you, that TATA must provide a XTA Variant in the Harrier to make the masses move towards them. Keep the thread updated.

Wishing you many more happy miles
MUJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 23:30   #27
BHPian

The attention to detail is just something else in this thread. What a beautifully written, cracker of a review sir! Here's wishing you lots and lots of years and miles with this beauty.
We have a 2018 1st generation Creta with the 1.6L petrol engine and I must say, Hyundai makes the most refined cars this side of 20 lakhs. I have also driven the 1.6L diesel verna too, and that engine is supremely silent once it is warmed up, feels like a petrol at 100km/h.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 09:24   #28
BHPian

Thank you for writing such a beautiful account, covered all aspects of the car purchase and initial car ownership.

Did you search for any non-chinese dash cam?
iamkapilb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 13:15   #29
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the wishes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Awesome thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congratulations on your first car. Excellent review!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Congratulations on the new car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankur@VNS View Post
Many congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Nice review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Congratulations Srikanth for the ownership and what an excellent and super detailed review it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by grosserimperial View Post
Congratulations Shrikant on the purchase, the car looks wonderful in white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Excellent thread with detailed coverage of various aspects right from the car selection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUJ View Post
Excellent and a Wonderful written review. Congrats on your first car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
The attention to detail is just something else in this thread. What a beautifully written, cracker of a review sir! Here's wishing you lots and lots of years and miles with this beauty
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
Thank you for writing such a beautiful account, covered all aspects of the car purchase and initial car ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Isn't there another checkup at 5K kms? Seltos has it. I thought both Hyundai and Kia follow similar service intervals.
For Creta, 2nd service is at 12 months or 9K-10K Kms. Is the 5K one for Seltos a general check-up kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
About the headlights and the issue you are facing in the bends with the high beam, is pretty common for almost all mainstream cars. Except the Superb and Octavia, no car below Rs.30 L gets the adaptive lights.

Some cars (XUV500, Old Creta, Tucson) do get the Cornering lights, (Not the cornering Fogs), which help the matters much more. IMO a very underrated safety feature.
It is comforting to know that the headlights are normal in the bends. But they should not have removed the cornering lights in the new Creta, that is a backward step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
I think in a longer term you should switch to pressure washers for saving time with car wash.

So the best solution seems to me of the likes of these
Yes, cleaning with the bottle sprayer does take time, but the pressure washers cost at least 6K INR and I might not get approval from higher up (wife) for the same.
And access to water for car washing is restricted in our apartment in Bangalore. Hence I use the bottle sprayer for rinse-less car wash.
At my hometown, the car goes through a proper shampoo wash, using a pipe and hose.
I am trying to get my hands on a 'foam' sprayer and that too is difficult to find.
Tissue box inside cup holders is a new one for me, will try that out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
Did you search for any non-chinese dash cam?
Did not specifically search for non-chinese, but I did look around most of the options.
And the encyclopedia for reference was of course - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...vr-thread.html (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The PDI and Panoramic Sunroof Open or Close suspense really caught my attention and the humor of finishing up the Laddus due to delayed delivery was fun!
Nice to know you liked those sections. Those were eventful days!! All's Well That Ends Well.
srikanthmadhava is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 13:46   #30
BHPian

Great review Srikanth. So much detailed and humor

I owned the first generation Creta Diesel 1.6 SXO and it had cornering lights which was very useful while turning. I think it is a great feature which manufacturers needs to add as basic safety feature.
pk1972 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks