Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2021, 10:52   #31
BHPian

Re: American beauty from Italian parents | My Grey Arrow | Jeep Compass 1.4 Multiair DCT Review

The color - Magnesio Grey looks different in different time of day. Evenings when sun is almost down it looks really stunning ! What say?

American beauty from Italian parents | My Grey Arrow | Jeep Compass 1.4 Multiair DCT Review-1_4.jpg
Roadster17 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 02:14   #32
BHPian

Re: American beauty from Italian parents | My Grey Arrow | Jeep Compass 1.4 Multiair DCT Review

Hi Roadster 17,

Have followed your posts diligently along with few others since three years. It has been a great educative experience.

Seeking guidance here - Have booked JC 2021 Petrol DDCT - Techno Green , due delivery this weekend. Need guidance- on need of PPF and whether it is worthwhile going for only prone areas and bonnet or whole body?

Also any watch for signs or tips would be helpful.Looking forward to your response.
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
Hi Roadster 17,

Have followed your posts diligently along with few others since three years. It has been a great educative experience.

Seeking guidance here - Have booked JC 2021 Petrol DDCT - Techno Green , due delivery this weekend. Need guidance- on need of PPF and whether it is worthwhile going for only prone areas and bonnet or whole body?

Also any watch for signs or tips would be helpful.Looking forward to your response.
Thanks buddy! Well first of all Congratulations on an excellent purchase. I am sure you will love the experience.

The paint quality on Jeep is very good, might not be in VW league but definitely better than Tata,Maruti,Hyundai, Kia,MG etc. So, overall you will be happy with the finish.

I will suggest you to go with self healing PPF at least on Bonnet and front bumpers. That is the show stopper view you want to keep shining. For other areas, you can chose to apply a normal PPF if budget is not a constraint. Else You can simply go with any good ceramic coat. My personal advise for keeping ht brilliant green color you chose would be to get bonnet and bumper in self healing and rest in normal PPF.

+ Be very careful with the quality of installer. The Film is cut on the metal frame itself, so any mistake will have a fine scratch on the car paint. Hence, talk to the installer and get it done only from experienced ones like may be 3m.

Enjoy!
Roadster17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 08:35   #34
BHPian

Great thread, I had not read this previously and chanced upon this today. I have purchased a brilliant black petrol Longitude AT this week. I hope the petrol AT numbers continue to increase for Jeep ! Do you recommend PPF or ceramic coating ? I'm not very well versed with aftermarket polishes. Will a regular polish every 6 months or so at a 3M dealer suffice?

Last edited by bangaloreguy : 2nd April 2022 at 08:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks