Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2024, 14:07   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruiser08 View Post

But then, the constant power BATT terminal cannot be fuse tapped into the Roof Light which is only 5A, so the WB wont be able to draw any more than 5A from F36?

I think I dont know what am talking about now LOL ... here's a picture of the fuse box layout.

I need an auto electrical expert to weigh in on this before I burn shit down
No, I think you're correct with respect to 20A/ 15A logic. What's the rating of the fuse in the constant power tap?

Both the dashcams I use (70mai earlier and Red Tiger now) use 5A fuse - I'll figure it out when I get to installing this, or take your experience forward
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 16:55   #242
BHPian

Re: Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
No, I think you're correct with respect to 20A/ 15A logic. What's the rating of the fuse in the constant power tap?

Both the dashcams I use (70mai earlier and Red Tiger now) use 5A fuse - I'll figure it out when I get to installing this, or take your experience forward
Yeah, it seems logically correct but am not sure how technically sound it is

Both fuse taps (ACC and BATT) have 15A fuses preinstalled. When are you installing yours? I think I should wait and follow your lead LOL
Old 12th June 2024, 22:50   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruiser08 View Post
Yeah, it seems logically correct but am not sure how technically sound it is

Both fuse taps (ACC and BATT) have 15A fuses preinstalled. When are you installing yours? I think I should wait and follow your lead LOL
Don't hold your breath

I'm traveling to end of month, and have a few pending actions for my Thar - hopefully by first week of July!
Old 13th June 2024, 10:12   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Don't hold your breath

I'm traveling to end of month, and have a few pending actions for my Thar - hopefully by first week of July!
Ok, then I will research this further on what fuses to tap for a 15A load; in the meanwhile if you can check with anyone you may know that's knowledgeable, drop me a line. I am reluctant to take it to the auto electrical shops (I recently got some aux lamps mounted at a local shop and them fellas are bigger idiots than I; barely had a clue as to what they were doing).
fjcruiser08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed