Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2021, 12:45   #136
rkw
BHPian

Re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 year / 20,000 km upda

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Thank you. The horn pad is in the middle of the steering wheel. To hit it, one needs to take their hands off the steering wheel and exert a decent amount of force.
Thanks for sharing! The steering wheel design is same as that of my 2019 Creta. You are right, horn pad is stiff & needs some pressure to be applied. But I am able to do it with my thumb / lower palm with the hands on steering wheel.
Old 8th November 2021, 16:52   #137
BHPian

Re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 year / 20,000 km upda

Wishing you many more happy miles QuadraticAmoeba!

Had a couple of questions :
1. You'd mentioned Pirelli Scorpion Verde - 225/55/R18 as your new set of tyres. This is the same as the OEM Nexen tyres. Last I checked in Chennai, only Bridgestone Turanza's were available in this size. Pirelli Scorpion Verde was available in 235/55/R18 and 245/50/R18 which had negligible differences in speedometer when compared to the OEM size. Can you please confirm if 225/55/R18 is available in India/Bangalore from Pirelli?

2. Did you check the engine oil spec during your second service? Was it 0W20? My service folks in Chennai used 0W20 over 0W30/40 or 5W30/40 or 10W30/40 as mentioned in the service manual.

Thanks in advance.
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 18:42   #138
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
You can try the PUC centre in the Bharat petroleum bunk near Leela Palace hotel. Last November I tried the club HP in front of it first and was told their system was not updated for BS6. Next I checked the BP guy and he had the setup. He could give the certificate for my car.

Bharat Petroleum Corporation ltd
098450 53636
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KwZSPtCEwAbMqSZB6
I got mine from the HP COCO on the Old AirPort Road for my BS6 C-220D and it is valid for 1 year. Last year in 2020 when I checked there, their PUC machine was not updated for BS6, so I had to go search a bit and finally got it done from Indian Oil bunk near Domlur.
Old 8th November 2021, 20:48   #139
BHPian

Really satisfying review! We are also looking to upgrade from our dear old WagonR to something from the Hyundai lineup. And reading your review, Sir, has given me confidence that Korean giant won't disappoint. Cheers!
Old 8th November 2021, 23:07   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
I got mine from the HP COCO on the Old AirPort Road for my BS6 C-220D and it is valid for 1 year. Last year in 2020 when I checked there, their PUC machine was not updated for BS6, so I had to go search a bit and finally got it done from Indian Oil bunk near Domlur.
Thanks, planning to go this week and get the PUC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkw View Post
Thanks for sharing! The steering wheel design is same as that of my 2019 Creta. You are right, horn pad is stiff & needs some pressure to be applied. But I am able to do it with my thumb / lower palm with the hands on steering wheel.
I tried one handed, but I am not able to - guess I need to build my hand muscles. I need to take my right hand off the steering wheel and push it hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen_pinaki27 View Post
Really satisfying review! We are also looking to upgrade from our dear old WagonR to something from the Hyundai lineup. And reading your review, Sir, has given me confidence that Korean giant won't disappoint. Cheers!
Thank you. Please take a test drive with your family. In my case, my wife was the one who decided that this car is the one and as usual, she was right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
1. You'd mentioned Pirelli Scorpion Verde - 225/55/R18 as your new set of tyres. This is the same as the OEM Nexen tyres. Last I checked in Chennai, only Bridgestone Turanza's were available in this size. Pirelli Scorpion Verde was available in 235/55/R18 and 245/50/R18 which had negligible differences in speedometer when compared to the OEM size. Can you please confirm if 225/55/R18 is available in India/Bangalore from Pirelli?

2. Did you check the engine oil spec during your second service? Was it 0W20? My service folks in Chennai used 0W20 over 0W30/40 or 5W30/40 or 10W30/40 as mentioned in the service manual.
Hi Ramprakashr, you are correct! Pirelli Scorpion Verde that I put in is 235/55/R18. 225/55 is not available. Thanks for catching this.

I did not check the engine oil spec used, I used the pickup and drop service. All I can say is that the engine oil used by Hyundai has not given me any issues (so far). Next service, I will check for this.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 12:20   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post

Thanks in advance.
Beware of usage of wrong engine oil by hyundai service personnel. Recently my Tucson's catalytic converter and PM sensor were damaged due to usage of wrong engine oil in my 2020 Tucson.
LONG_TOURER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:44   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
Beware of usage of wrong engine oil by hyundai service personnel. Recently my Tucson's catalytic converter and PM sensor were damaged due to usage of wrong engine oil in my 2020 Tucson.
Can you share more details like what spec of engine oil was used that lead to the issues and how was the root cause narrowed down to wrong engine oil? That would be very helpful. Thank you.
Old 16th November 2021, 09:07   #143
BHPian

Took few test drives of Harrier, Safari, Jeep Compass & Hyundai Tucson... Of all of these Jeep Compass & Hyundai Tucson are the best interms of comfort, coziness, driving dynamics, body roll..etc

Looking to mostly finalise between Tucson & Compass.. Considering I already have XUV500 W8 AWD, my mind is inclined towards all wheel drive option for both the vehicles.

Difference between Tucson top end 2WD & 4WD is around 1.7Lakh where as difference between Compass top end 2WD & 4WD is almost 4.5lakh.

Currently Tucson is in the forefront. Hoping I get some discounts so that I can buy the vehicle in next couple of weeks if not it will be pushed to next year.
Old 21st November 2021, 11:13   #144
BHPian

Good luck @rave20 for a new car.

Just completed a 1300 kms drive to Goa and back.

As always the car drove very well.

To journey, 630 kms, 9 hrs driving time, 14 km/l. Drove fairly in the 100-120 range with the occasional burst to 140 and beyond.

Return journey 630 kms, 10.15 hrs, 13 km/l.

Suffered a windscreen crack due to a stone hit, took it to the service centre and they have recommended to drive on until it grows bigger. Any suggestions for any patch repair, have posted the detailed query here,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5198936 (Windshield cracked. Need replacement)

Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2021 at 00:48. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots... like... this... Affects readability. Thanks.
monish_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 14:54   #145
BHPian

I had a windscreen crack on my XUV due to a falling rock. No option but to replace the Windscreen. If you are having Bumper to Bumper insurance, then its taken care. You may need to pay some 1000Rs as processing fees.

One of the problem I had was this happened couple of months after I put sunfilm on the windshield. That investment got wasted due to this.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2021 at 00:47. Reason: Capitalising.
Old 21st November 2021, 15:05   #146

Took delivery of a Phantom Black GLS Diesel 2WD model from Pavan Hyundai Kanakapura Road three weeks ago, thoroughly enjoying the car (coming from a 2014 Fluidic Verna Petrol AT).

20 Days since delivery, completed a 900Km BLR -> Velankanni -> BLR, and a 700Km BLR -> Connooor -> BLR trip, the car handles very well. Coming from a Hyundai, the car seems familiar, but we’re still getting used to the many features.

My wife and I both drive the car, and we love the practicality, power and convenience of the car.

Thanks to @quadraticamoeba for the ownership review, we even took the car to Krithi Car Care straight from the showroom and got full PPF done. Happy to answer any questions if someone here is considering the Tucson.
Bangaloreyoda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 00:41   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
Was this the reason you had some DPF issues on your ladakh trip? I got my Tucson GLS AWD in October and i am a bit concerned about DPF issues on high altitude roads.
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:34   #148
BHPian

I'm in the market for mid size SUV and test drove Tuscon yesterday.

- The engine is a gem. Refinement is closer to a Petrol engine than a Diesel. It has more than enough power, better than Safari, Jeep and even XUV700 (without Zap/Sports mode).
- TC gearbox is very well tuned to this engine. Coming from owning DSG car for years, this obviously felt a little slow, but it's way better than any other Torque converter car till date.
- Fit & finish is extremely satisfying.
- Infinity audio is supereb. Jeep's Alpine, Tata's JBL or Korean's Bose system is no match. Only Hector's Infinity system comes close.
- Seat comfort was plush. Way better than XUV or Jeep.
- Suspension is tuned for comfort, but it never felt bouncy on the highway at higher speed.
- No bugs found during test drive. Everything worked really well and how it's supposed work.
- The exterior design and interiors are dull for my taste (no offense to the owners). I don't think, the exterior/interior ages well like VAG cars.
- I would describe the car as a "No nonsense all rounder". Nothing is into your face, nothing flashy and at the same time, nothing is super exciting. It scores 8 or 9 out of 10 in all the departments and nothing is missing or rated low. But as I said, nothing is exemplary.

The dealer is offering about 1.2 lakh discount on the top end GLS AWD.
Question to the current owners -
- Is the discount similar/in the range that others could get?
- Does it make sense to buy current version at 32 L OTR or wait for updated version with ADAS at expected 37 L OTR?

Thanks in advance!
dh.harshal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 14:48   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh.harshal View Post
I'm in the market for mid size SUV and test drove Tuscon yesterday.

The dealer is offering about 1.2 lakh discount on the top end GLS AWD.
Question to the current owners -
- Is the discount similar/in the range that others could get?
- Does it make sense to buy current version at 32 L OTR or wait for updated version with ADAS at expected 37 L OTR?

Thanks in advance!
I just booked GLS AWD few days and i can provide some inputs on the situation in Bangalore.
- on road price quoted for the top end diesel is 34,99,000Rs.
- Final price i got is around 33.3Lakh which is almost 1.6 lakhs less..
- If you are getting your own insurance then you can save another 50K on this.

With respect to waiting for the new model, I also had this dilemma but there was no official word on when the new model will be launched in India. Sales executive was saving Q2/Q3 of 2022. Even when it will be launched it will be atleast 2 lakh more expensive than the existing model. That would put Tucson in the territory of Gloster / Fortuner which didn't make sense.

This didnt work out for me, hence i decided to go with existing model which met most of my requirement.
Attached Thumbnails
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-screenshot-20211123-2.44.21-pm.png  

rave20 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 15:08   #150
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
I just booked GLS AWD few days and i can provide some inputs on the situation in Bangalore.
- on road price quoted for the top end diesel is 34,99,000Rs.
- Final price i got is around 33.3Lakh which is almost 1.6 lakhs less..
- If you are getting your own insurance then you can save another 50K on this.

This didnt work out for me, hence i decided to go with existing model which met most of my requirement.
Congrats for your new one! Would you be able to share some info related to what color you shortlisted and from which dealership in BLR along with expected delivery timelines?

Am in a confused state whether to go for current gen Tucson, new Compass, wait for Tiguan/new Tucson. Meanwhile did a TD of Tucson Diesel automatic 2 days back and was very impressed with the TC gearbox which was so smooth. My preference was more towards GLS 2WD AT Diesel. Do 4WD give any distinct advantage in day to day city or highway drives as Tucson is anyway more of a soft-roader?

Last edited by pms : 24th November 2021 at 15:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks