Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2022, 13:53   #31

Re: Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic

Hi DIPDAWIZ I followed the steps as mentioned in the link and got the USB done.
When I connected the USB to my system it started playing the audio files rather than updating the MAPS.
I am using the KIA SELTOS 2022 made. Am I missing a trick
Old 16th March 2022, 14:36   #32

Hi I have the 2022 KIA Seltos GT+ and the application ID of my car is SP2_21MY.IND.KMC.210713.dfdb2d4
Maps Data Version: IN.14.41.41.480.3

When I tried to update the maps via USB following your link above it just plays the music files on the usb that got installed via the update software and nothing happens.

Let me know if I am making a mistake?
Thank you in advance.
Old 17th March 2022, 15:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palace35mm View Post
Hi I have the 2022 KIA Seltos GT+ and the application ID of my car is SP2_21MY.IND.KMC.210713.dfdb2d4
Maps Data Version: IN.14.41.41.480.3

When I tried to update the maps via USB following your link above it just plays the music files on the usb that got installed via the update software and nothing happens.

Let me know if I am making a mistake?
Thank you in advance.
Can think of one thing only - existing version does not warrant for an update. Like your map's existing version is 14.41.41.x.x and available updated map's version is 14.41.44.x.x. May be that bump from x.x.41 to x.x.44, for the system, not necessary to update.

However I may be wrong, try following things
- format (exFAT, if possible to FAT32) the pen-drive yourself once, before selecting it in the smart update manager (though app would format again);
- whether you are using a large capacity pen-drive (say 128gb or 256gb), use a 16gb drive, because not sure how AVN system behaves with large storage;
- I hope you had started the engine before inserting the pen-drive in USB port of car;
- even if it starts playing audio, go to Setup > General > System Info > "Version Info/Updates" and see if the Update button is enabled, if yes, stop playing, and click update

If all fail, you can check with service center, they would update it for you if its available.
Old 11th June 2022, 13:12   #34
BHPian

It's long time, could not update this thread. Specially after Hampi, drove very less - only couple of 100km round trips; in Jan 2022 it covered only 35km. Now standing just above 13000km in 22 months. That too, thanks to the trip to Kolkata. In Feb 2022 decided to go to Kolkata by car, due to short notice and I wanted to have this experience for long time now. On 17th Feb night, after a call with family decided to visit Kolkata to enjoy whatever winter/spring still left; so started from Bangalore on 19th Feb early morning.

Whole trip was mostly incident less. Everyday started as early as possible, hit the highway, decided the place to stay around 3-4pm, booked through MakeMyTrip. Made sure the hotel has parking, rooms are clean and decent look and feel - observed photos from real users and google than what hotel management uploaded (sometime they photoshop and make it presentable). Gave two breaks each side - Rajahmundry and Bhubaneshwar on the way to Kolkata; Cuttack and Vizag on the way back. Everyday tried to reach hotel before 9pm, however never had to drive past 7~8pm. Except on the last day, drove Vizag to Bangalore - started at 5am reached home at 10pm - 1015km.

While in Kolkata, went to Durgapur and Mayapur - two long drives there. While coming back gave 'darshan' to Puri Jagannath ji (Started early morning from Cuttack to Puri, after visit, drove to Vizag same day). Otherwise due to heat specially while returning, did not stay or plan for any place or vacation.

One incident to mention, had got to replace all 4 tyres. mentioned about it here (Kia Seltos : Official Review) already. Got quite good service in a tyre shop in Visakhapatnam. Got OEM spec Yokohama Earth 1. Wrote about it here (Sri Sai Lakshmi Tyre World - Tyre store in Visakhapatnam).

Average fuel economy I got was 16.9kmpl tank full method for total 4000km. Expected approximately 18~19km but could not achieve for some reason (fuel adulteration in highway bunks or my driving habit on highway). Could able to maintain 90-110kmph in most of the stretch, specially most part of AP and WB. Roads in most part of Odisha were under (re)construction, so lots of diversion and bad patches of road. Expected that in a year or so they would be as good as others. Surprised to see 100kmph speed limit boards in both AP and WB.

Overall enjoyed the drive thoroughly. Seltos has once again shown commendable performance, road manner and provided comfort for long stretches. On the day we drove from Vizag to Bhubaneshwar, after the tyre replacement, we were late leaving Vizag at 1:30pm. We were not intended to do, but we drove it continuously 6 and odd hours without engine being stopped once. Took break for a minute or two to get down and stretch the muscles every hour - engine was always on. No engine heat up nor any drivability issue nor any surprise nor any light blinked in console. Otherwise in whole trip did not drive more than 2~2.5 hours at a stretch.

One more thing, now not sure if it is because of run-in or we got used to it; but we feel that MY20 Seltos' suspension after driving 10k Km+ is quite livable, specially after changing the tyre to Yoko earth 1. Its ride quality is significantly better than before.

PS. figured out that, even though I love photography, I barely do so while on move. So of the last 5k KM of drive, did not find any photos (apart from selfies and sorts) that I can share now.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 11th June 2022 at 13:15.
Old 11th August 2023, 15:35   #35
BHPian

If you have an active subscription or used the connected car tech features, can you tell me of the car ever gave you the alert for the car door being left unlocked after getting out of the car?
Old 13th August 2023, 08:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTfanatic View Post
If you have an active subscription or used the connected car tech features, can you tell me of the car ever gave you the alert for the car door being left unlocked after getting out of the car?
No, on 2020 model it does not send any alert to the Kia Connect app if the car has been left unlocked.
Old 13th November 2023, 11:36   #37
BHPian

3 years and little more than 21500 Km later thought of updating this thread. Done 3rd year service from Advaith Kia Bansankari. Service experience is decent, used their pickup drop facility as it is 15km from my home. I avoided JSP Kia that is just 4km from my home based on experience of two of my friends.

Yokohama Earth 1 performing better than before. Suspension is softer. Mileage in Bangalore is between 10~12kmpl. On highway runs its 17-18kmpl. Kia connect subscription got over, did not reactive it this time considering the functionality - actually the lack of it. Took Kia's RSA though, for 3 years at 3499.

Got DPF regenerate warning at 21400km. Luckily it was in service center, so they initiated it. Asked about it, looks like even though it is not in 2020 Seltos' manual, same procedure like Creta works on Seltos. Giving the procedure here from Creta manual
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-screenshot_20231002_113242crop.jpg
Sorry for the long image

For me out of 21K Km, 80% drive is on highway, but looks like couple of months in city clogs up DPF real fast.

After 3 years, the unfortunate happened while on a trip in Kerala. The hotel I was in, has parking in a tall grass land. So parking sensor was beeping all around. It was raining and evening time, while backing up there was a protruding tree branch; I backed on it and that put a dent on the tail gate and broke the tail light. Gone my last 8 years 50% NCB
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20231022_172713.jpg

Moral of the story, if you are distracted, try to calm down a bit while in tight situation.

So again, it went to Advaith Kia, Bansankari. As it was there for body shop work, asked them the price for dual tone conversion, it was some 17k odd they told. Tried to negotiate, they said they would see if they can reduce, later they did it for 14k. 90% happy with the quality of workmanship. Though it is good on casual look, you can bring out some issues here and there both for repair and painting, but paint quality feels good. There is nothing better than factory fitting. Do not get me wrong, it is as good as you get for the service quality we get here in India for any other thing.
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20231111_185642.jpg

Ps. Do not know what regular dual tone Seltos is written in RC card. Basic color is white so did not bother to change RC card yet.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 13th November 2023 at 12:03.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 12:49   #38
BHPian

It's already 4 months, this incident needs to be logged.

Last December I decided to drive to Kolkata from Bangalore. And started our journey on 10th December. Plan was same as my previous journey - day 1 till Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), day 2 till Bhubaneshwar and finally reach Kolkata on day 3.

As usual, I started at 4am on 10th December. Journey was as usual till Vijayawada. Then the mishap happened.

In one of the traffic signal when I just stopped in red signal, a MG ZSev rear ends my car. It was not too high impact, but the protruding number plate in MG ZSev puts a dent on my car's boot.
Name:  VID20240419WA0004g.gif
Views: 271
Size:  4.54 MB

The dent
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20231211_135242.jpg

The thick skinned gentlemen started explaining me that in his 25 years of driving this happened many times with him and blah blah. As I had to reach the destination, the boot was opening without issue, I did not spend much time there and left the place. Rest of the journey till Kolkata was excellent, most of the under construction road I saw in 2022 was ready by now and toll till Kolkata became 2900 one way. Only some diversions were there due to road construction, before and after Balasore.

Long post, would try to be to-the-point.

The story I want to tell starts now. I reach Home on 3rd day around 1:30pm. And decided to give the car for repair that day itself (12th December). My plan is to stay for a month so I thought it is enough to get my car back. So, nearest Kia service center is Eastern Kia. Took the car same day around 4:30pm. Service advisor was assigned within 10 min and he took all details and some photo of the car. And we finished initial insurance paperwork same day. I was assured to get the car in 8-9 working day maximum. Now one thing to remember, they do not have body shop in Newtown service center, so they send it to their body shop that is 30km from there. Service advisor told it would be sent there next day that it 13th Dec. And all update I would get in whatsapp group they creates.

On 13th there was no update, evening I called up, service advisor tells that too many cars in queue, so he would do it next day. And 14th I get an whatsapp message that car is taken in their body shop and images of the car.

Good thing, a whatsapp group created with escalation matrix given and all communication (or lack of it) would happen through that. All members of escalation matrix are in that group.
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-kiaepotome2.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-kiaepotom.jpg

Now to make long post short,
1. The insurance approval took 5 working day.
2. In between I used to hear from service advisor of body shop that insurer asked to repair it. I was fine with it.
3. They never commit approximate date of delivery. Every time service advisor would say - "I'll give date once car goes in painting" as there may be cars come with reference from bosses or VIP cars, they would be attended first, so cannot commit.
4. I had to call up always to get update, no proactive update given until I called up their Head of body shop.
5. I got my car back on 29th December (It was ready only by 27th December, I was not in station, so collected on 29th)
6. Even though every one there in the group - from service advisor to his manager to CRM to body shop manager; no one takes action if requested in that whatsapp group.

I would like to add some more points - the body shop service advisor went on leave for his brother or cousin's wedding without a backup, even service center was not bothered to assign someone else. And he used to tell me that all work is going on where as nothing done. Not even insurance approval. Then after a week they said that insurer actually asked to replace the boot, and as they just got approval, store ordered the part after that. Had to escalate to expedite the procurement. Till the end they could not give a approximate delivery date.

I had to leave for two days on 27th. Some how they promised to give it on 26th. On 26th afternoon they says, paint needs to be polished a bit in some parts so they would deliver in evening directly at home. At 6 they call they need some more time and would deliver at 10pm. I denied, then in 30min they call again and asks me to clear the insurance payment of 1000 and driver would bring the car next day early morning at 5:30am (as I told them I have a train to catch at 6). This was totally not acceptable and I asked them to send the car to New Town service center and I would collect from same place I have given it. He tried to convince me how trusted the driver is and he would definitely bring the car, I had to message in the group so that this does not happen.
I had to escalate to Body shop manager couple of times to get things done.

In India customer service is taken for granted by the service providers, but Kolkata takes it many levels higher (generalizing a bit, but in many cases I faced it, not only Kia; it's compared to what service I got in various service center's in Bangalore for many products).

No update from service center makes the wait seems longer, at the end it was like I should get the car back asap whatever they do. I regrated that I gave the car there when it was functional and could have been fixed on my return to Bangalore.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th April 2024 at 14:07. Reason: As requested.
dipdawiz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 11:22   #39
BHPian

I think I got into a box. Everything is delayed. But better late than never.

After the incident while going to Kolkata last December, it was quite a long workcation for me. So while I was coming back, decided to come via a different route and take a real vacation before joining work in Bangalore.

Hence the route was from Kolkata via Bodh Gaya, Banaras, Bandhavgarh, Nagpur, Hyderabad, to Bangalore.

I'll be brief - we started on 17th January reached Bangalore on 26th January, covering approximately 2700KM.

Highways in Jharkhand, Bihar and UP were heavily under expansion. All 4 lanes were now becoming 6 lane or were getting repaired. So average speed was quite moderate. Otherwise drive was peaceful. MP has the best highway among all. Lots of uneven surface and potholes in MH highways. AP/Telangana highways were decent.

And car performed excellent as usual. After 15~20k KM, suspension is now softer, so comfort increased but also has that edge for sharp bendy roads. Enjoyed the trip thoroughly. Got an avg of 17kmpl on the whole trip.

Some of the pictures of the trip (guilty of not clicking any photo of the highways ).

Bodh Gaya + Nalanda
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240117_1550062.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240117_160435.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240118_111302.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240118_132814.jpg

Banaras
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240119_163633.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240119_164333.jpgReview: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240120_103427.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240119_183136.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240120_100358.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240120_094509.jpg

Sarnath
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240120_151718.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-ashokapillar.jpg

Bandhavgarh
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240122_155801.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-ddw_8154_ai.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240122_074515.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-ddw_8489.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240122_152634.jpg

Nagpur
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240123_174722.jpg

Hyderabad
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240125_132900.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240125_133244.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240125_130218.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240125_124227.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240125_145912.jpg
Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic-20240125_163616.jpg

Last edited by dipdawiz : 28th August 2024 at 11:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks