Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2020, 08:58   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: My 2020 Flash Red VW Polo Trendline 1.0 MPi comes home - Initial Ownership Experience

Congratulations on your purchase! A very wise and well thought out choice that will serve you well for years to come.

Felt a sense of Deja-Vu reading your ownership report. I wrote my first ownership report on Team BHP about a Flash Red Polo Trendline too!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...trendline.html (Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline)

It is such a solid and VFM car, with a timeless design that still evokes attraction after all these years. It is great to see the car is still sought after, evidenced by the nearly 50 likes on your thread! It still beats its rivals on the build quality, level of engineering and attention to detail!

What is more, the VFM factor on the Trendline is amazing, you can today get one with all must-have safety features like twin airbags, ABS and rear parking sensor, and an even better engine (1.0 MPI versus the 1.2 MPI) at nearly the same price as when it was initially launched in 2010 (around 5.5 lakhs). The shock factor is that the Polo Diesel Trendline I bought all those years ago for 6.1 lakhs had none of these safety features. Yet, it performed very well on a near miss occasions I had trying to brake from nearly 110 KMPH when a truck entered the highway laterally and would not stop for me - even without ABS, the brakes had amazing stopping power.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 15th November 2020 at 09:06.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 11:05   #32

Re: Review: My 2020 Flash Red VW Polo Trendline 1.0 MPi comes home - Initial Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations on your purchase! A very wise and well thought out choice that will serve you well for years to come.

Felt a sense of Deja-Vu reading your ownership report. I wrote my first ownership report on Team BHP about a Flash Red Polo Trendline too!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...trendline.html (Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline)

It is such a solid and VFM car, with a timeless design that still evokes attraction after all these years. It is great to see the car is still sought after, evidenced by the nearly 50 likes on your thread! It still beats its rivals on the build quality, level of engineering and attention to detail!

What is more, the VFM factor on the Trendline is amazing, you can today get one with all must-have safety features like twin airbags, ABS and rear parking sensor, and an even better engine (1.0 MPI versus the 1.2 MPI) at nearly the same price as when it was initially launched in 2010 (around 5.5 lakhs). The shock factor is that the Polo Diesel Trendline I bought all those years ago for 6.1 lakhs had none of these safety features. Yet, it performed very well on a near miss occasions I had trying to brake from nearly 110 KMPH when a truck entered the highway laterally and would not stop for me - even without ABS, the brakes had amazing stopping power.

Thanks 84.monsoon!
When I was doing research for my Polo and buying that in RED color, I came to your post multiple times to see how the RED color looks in Trendline because this was the only post talking about a RED Trendline I could find on the internet.
Old 14th December 2020, 13:50   #33

Hello Everyone,

I have received a lot of requests from South Indian folks asking for an English version of Polo MPi engine drive review.
Below is the drive review of Polo 1.0 MPi engine in English

himanshumor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:33   #34
BHPian

Congrats! I didnt know one could get this for 6 laks. . How is the front seat comfort and under thigh support? And same for the rear seat - how is the under thigh support? Would a passenger seated on the rear seat be comfortable on a 200km drive?
sinhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 19:56   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Congrats! I didnt know one could get this for 6 laks. . How is the front seat comfort and under thigh support? And same for the rear seat - how is the under thigh support? Would a passenger seated on the rear seat be comfortable on a 200km drive?
Thanks sinhead!

Front Seat Comfort:
1) Fabric seats are appropriately cushiony
2) Under thigh support is ok for people up to 5'8 or 5'9. (I find it ok as my height is 5'8). But for folks taller than 6 feet will find the under thigh support a bit less in front seat.
3) Driver seat height adjustment really makes it easy to find the best driving position.
Small cabin of Polo definitely makes me feel touching my head in roof when driver's seat has been adjusted to highest position.

Rear Seat Comfort:
1) Under thigh supports a bit lacking for me (5'8) but not that bad, I can travel easily while being in the rear seat.
2) I find the seat backrest angle as ok.
3) for journeys of 200km, people up to heights of 5'6 or 5'7 should be most comfortable, ok ok for people like me at 5'8 or 5'9 and not comfortable for 6 footers.
4) As the car is too low, entry and exit in the rear seat feels a bit uncomfortable and definitely a problem for elders.

Regarding the price @6 lacs, I was able to catch this deal by availing all offers and registration cost is low for cars under 6 lacs(ex-showroom) in Haryana + I availed the insurance from Coverfox to save some money there as well.
himanshumor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 18:00   #36

Update on VW Polo Headlights performance at Night--
I find the headlights of Polo adequate on highway drives. Dedicated bulbs for Low Beam and High Beam really help a lot. The only issue I face is during turns when there is no streetlight as my Trendline does not have Foglamps. Polo’s fog lamps with static cornering light really help a lot while taking turns.
In Short:
1) Polo Headlights' frontal visibility for highways is sufficient.
2) Static cornering lamps are helpful during turns (I will post an update as I install the fog lights).

Below is a brief video showing headlights performance in Hight:

Old 21st June 2021, 22:47   #37
BHPian

Please post a update/ your experience on the ac cooling performance too. Have you had a chance to drive in a hot afternoon?

Thanks

Last edited by sinhead : 21st June 2021 at 22:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks