Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2022, 23:03   #241
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhur_chhabra View Post
i have been facing a peculiar problem with my Troc, the clock and trip meter are resetting by itself.
went to the service center and they couldn't find any specific error code after the scan, the battery is also ok, has anyone faced a similar issue ?
I had come to know that in some of the T-Rocs, the clock automatically resets. Along with it reset various driving data in some cases. Although this issue did not occur very frequently in my car, but 5 to 6 incidents since purchase had already started bothering me. Any such resets could also mean some critical data may also be getting lost, which we might never know.

Incidently, it had happened within the first month of the purchase itself and I had ignored it, thinking that I might have reset the clock while playing around with settings. Subsequent occurrences prompted me to get details about the issue from https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

Thankfully it was already a known issue and there was a corresponding TPI, namely 2061141/*.
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-screenshot-20220205-21.25.25.png
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-screenshot-20220205-21.27.27.png
Sadly, no fix was known for this issue as stated in v6 of the TPI and VW was still working on it.
But then it was clear that it has something to do with specific series ( 9S0 ) of instrument clusters.

Since November 2021, there is a new version 8 of the TPI and a fix seems to have been identified.
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-screenshot-20220205-21.29.18.png
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-screenshot-20220205-21.34.34.png
But then this TPI redirects to 2063456/2. Not sure why another TPI has been created !
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-screenshot-20220205-23.12.56.png
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-screenshot-20220205-21.33.04.png
So the fix is to update the active info display or instrument cluster software to version 4310.
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-screenshot-20220205-21.48.12.png
I have deliberately shared these details instead of just pointing to the latest TPI, as some of the service centers may not find the right TPI for this. Although I had indicated about 2061141/* to my service center, they never came back to me saying that there is an update to the TPI and that a fix has been identified. Even during the most recent visit they took time to realize that there is a fix for this issue and were still looking at old data. So having all this information helped me in pursuing them and getting it done. So those of you who have noticed this issue kindly approach your service centers directly with TPI 2063456/2.

Mine got updated just two days ago. I hope the issue won't be reproduced again.

Snapshot of version update history from my car.
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-p_20220203_200238s.jpg

Last edited by tristis2008 : 5th February 2022 at 23:17.
tristis2008 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 23:36   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post

Attachment 2268936
Dealer try to waste our time by misguiding and they do not try to get latest information. Well drafted solution
Thank you so much
Old 8th February 2022, 15:09   #243
BHPian

@Zenith Axis : Finally got the replacement windshield post almost a month of wait as the part wasn't available in the plant. But they were able to give me updates on the shipment and expected timelines. Once the part was available, insurance claim and work was carried out within 2 days. As mentioned earlier, around 25k for the windshield. After insurance claim, I had to shell out 2.5k from my pocket including the car wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Axis View Post
Sorry to hear that. Will you let us know the cost of the part once its fitted and any other incidentals that the dealership may charge you.
I went to give my car for change of rear brake pads after I was called by the dealership for the same( I had told them about the TPI for rear brake pads that i found on this thread) , but on the D-Day was told that brake pads were not covered under warranty after a year of purchase.
amithsebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 00:08   #244
BHPian

Quote:
I had come to know that in some of the T-Rocs, the clock automatically resets. Along with it reset various driving data in some cases. Although this issue did not occur very frequently in my car, but 5 to 6 incidents since purchase had already started bothering me. Any such resets could also mean some critical data may also be getting lost, which we might never know.

Attachment 2268936
Can you please let me know which service center in bangalore fixed this. I have the same problem and need this sorted.
Old 14th March 2022, 22:22   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Can you please let me know which service center in bangalore fixed this.
This issue is known across service centers in Bangalore. PPS Motors , Nagawara was the SC in my case. Having interacted with Rajajinagar technicians, I know that they are also aware of the issue and the fix.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 11:17   #246
BHPian

Quote:
This issue is known across service centers in Bangalore. PPS Motors , Nagawara was the SC in my case. Having interacted with Rajajinagar technicians, I know that they are also aware of the issue and the fix.
Thanks for the info, PPS is very close to me, and they also did my first annual service. At that point, they were not aware of the issue. That being said, where can I find the instrument cluster number, Although I checked the display and I could find any series which had 950 in them.
Old 30th March 2022, 13:26   #247
BHPian

After some amount of globe-trotting, I was able to get the software update. Although my part number was different but when checked there was an eligible update with same kind of issues and fixes that I had seen in my T-Roc from day 1.
Old 4th April 2022, 12:42   #248

Which SC could fix it ?
Old 5th April 2022, 12:38   #249
BHPian

Quote:
where can I find the instrument cluster number
I could not find any way to know the version from the composition media. However if you access https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do , and vehicles details against your car's VIN, then you will know.

Quote:
After some amount of globe-trotting, I was able to get the software update. Although my part number was different but when checked there was an eligible update with same kind of issues and fixes that I had seen in my T-Roc from day 1.
What was your part number ? Good to know that the update was done for you. Suggest you to cross check by accessing logging information via Menu <Long press> , Updates /Versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reghun View Post
Which SC could fix it ?
In my case, it was PPS, Nagawara.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:55   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reghun View Post
Which SC could fix it ?
Nagawara was of no use to me, I went directly to Rajajinagar service center and got the software updated.
Old 10th April 2022, 19:16   #251
BHPian

Just got the 2nd service - 6 month 5000km done.
Just basic checks done, brakes - aircon - etc serviced/cleaned.

Discussed a few issues::
1) The car completely switches off after some kms when in P mode and the driver door opens 2-3 times. Unfortunately couldnt replicate it there and the car switched off immediately on reaching home
2) The clock had abruptly reset once in between so they did a version update. The new software has hardly any options to tweak things.
3) Wanted the android auto navigation on the dash instead of the screen. He said that was possible and will help me on a video call.
4) Wanted either the car to lock when key moves away or wanted to disable the proximity sensor to unlock the car. Seems both is not possible.

Has anyone tried the OBD11 on the T-ROC. Does it raise a fault code later?
The service manager was quite helpful but didnt seem to know much about it.

Am supposed to go for an outstation trip on tuesday. Will update more then.
Old 11th April 2022, 01:48   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl666 View Post
3) Wanted the android auto navigation on the dash instead of the screen. He said that was possible and will help me on a video call.
4) Wanted either the car to lock when key moves away or wanted to disable the proximity sensor to unlock the car. Seems both is not possible.

Has anyone tried the OBD11 on the T-ROC. Does it raise a fault code later?
Hey, Ive read a lot on this and i shared your entusiasm when i first got my car and it was in the first lot the 2019 ones. I didnt get to drive it around much initially but i did spend a lot of time reading and apparently one has to change the MID to verison 3, i think its the one you got in the tiguan all space, to get the maps to work on the dash.

As for the obd 11 i got it and have used it to make good tweaks it doesnt give a fault code and if it does that can be reverted and i would say its worth it.
Old 18th April 2022, 15:37   #253

Hello all!
I have been running my T-Roc since August 2021 and thankfully (Touchwood) I have not observed any issues until now. The service experience has also been very smooth thanks to PPS Hyderabad.

I have a couple of queries - Is it possible to upgrade the Cluster display to enable Navigation display as well like in the Audi? I am not entirely satisfied with the Audio quality. Have any of you done any modifications to the audio system? I am open to any suggestions. Thanks!
Old 24th June 2022, 12:43   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Axis View Post
Also, if someone is in delhi area and wishes to use my ob eleven, most welcome to do so, a few tweaks are quite useful, for eg. turning off the drl's when car is in parking mode.
I'd be really grateful if you'd allow me to do that.

Please let me know I may be able to contact you.

Thank you!
Old 16th July 2022, 09:54   #255
BHPian

A couple of outstation trips & local driving in the past few months, this is what i have noticed::
1) The drive was pleasant and effortless.
2) Went to Nashik and the ghats were handled well.
3) Body roll almost absent.
4) Potholes on the Thane/Bhiwandi/Wada section were handled well.
5) The uneven bumps are what cause an issue and the suspension tends to creak sometimes.
6) The wipers are utter rubbish. Front ones are already making a hard noise with uneven pressure. Rear wiper gets lifted from the far end and has to be realigned manually every so often.
7) Absolutely no driver or passenger fatigue in 3-3.5 hour drive.

I tried both 95 octane and normal unleaded with recommended tyre air pressure.
The acceleration burst when needed is perfect with 95 octane and it takes 1-2 sec more with unleaded (you can feel the delay between pedal press & acceleration).
The car gave a decent 13-15kmpl on highway and 8-10kmpl in city with recommended tyre pressure. However, I decided to listen to someone and reduced the pressure by 2 points then recommended (for better breaking in potholed roads) and mileage has dropped drastically. Can feel the heaviness in the car. However breaking improved significantly as expected on the bad road.

Decided that I am going to stick with 95 octane as much as possible and maintain recommended tyre pressure in the city and maybe experiment once again with 1 point less this time on highway.

If anyone else has tried any of the above and has any recommendations/advice please let me know.
dvl666 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks