Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 12:00   #226

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futhead View Post
May I know from which dealer have you received this message.
Its done from Kerala. Here the dealer is phoenix cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futhead View Post
I’m not facing issue related to that though
Even I was not facing any issues. Regarding the seat belt replacement, there was a global recall from VW for a few t-rocs manufactured in feb 21.

https://www.autoinsider.co.uk/recall...lkswagen-t-roc

Better to check your VIN and consult your SC.
Old 3rd January 2022, 13:12   #227
BHPian

My windshield has cracked as some stone fell on the bottom left corner of the glass while driving and unfortunately cracked it ! Now to get a replacement, I placed an order through dealer in Bangalore and looks like the part has to come all the way from Germany ! ETA is 28th Feb.
Any pointers to speed this up or any suggestions on what my options are than waiting till end Feb ? Any idea to reach out to VW ?
Old 9th January 2022, 08:22   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by amithsebastian View Post
?
Sorry to hear that. Will you let us know the cost of the part once its fitted and any other incidentals that the dealership may charge you.
I went to give my car for change of rear brake pads after I was called by the dealership for the same( I had told them about the TPI for rear brake pads that i found on this thread) , but on the D-Day was told that brake pads were not covered under warranty after a year of purchase.
Old 9th January 2022, 09:24   #229
BHPian

As of now the quoted amount is 25k for the windshield. Shall let you know once I get it done eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Axis View Post
Sorry to hear that. Will you let us know the cost of the part once its fitted and any other incidentals that the dealership may charge you.
I went to give my car for change of rear brake pads after I was called by the dealership for the same( I had told them about the TPI for rear brake pads that i found on this thread) , but on the D-Day was told that brake pads were not covered under warranty after a year of purchase.
Old 9th January 2022, 13:11   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by amithsebastian View Post
As of now the quoted amount is 25k for the windshield. Shall let you know once I get it done eventually.
Hi,
I had to replace the windshield on my troc as well yes 25k is the price which I have paid along with installation. Please ensure to remove your fast tag and other stickers.
I had to get another fastag due to dealer negligence.

Mine was replaced in 5 working days, as the part was available in VW Tumkur warehouse.
Cheers,
Aditya
Old 17th January 2022, 23:15   #231
BHPian

So TROC not completely ruled out for 2022, Ashish Gupta mentions in the interview that they are still looking into getting it through CBU route, no CKD though.

Strangely he mentions that they did underprice the car and might bridge the price gap between Taigun and Tiguan.

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 09:01   #232
BHPian

If they try to bridge the gap between Tauhin and Tiguan by TROC and increase the prices, not sure how value for money it will be. Already TROC lacks 2nd row space, moreover we now have more options in 20 30 lakh bracket which offers more space and VFM. It doesn't seem they are keen to bring in TROC anytime soon.
Old 23rd January 2022, 12:02   #233

What is the price of a new set of wipers for the T roc? agency and aftermarket(if available)
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:46   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Axis View Post
What is the price of a new set of wipers for the T roc? agency and aftermarket(if available)
The stock will cost you around 3000 for the front pair and around 800 for the rear one.

There is one from bosch that many t roc owners are using. Attaching the link below. It'll cost you around 2000 on Boodmo (including delivery fee) for the front pair. I've ordered one, should get it in a week or so.

see the part number here
https://www.boschaftermarket.com/xrm...t_11-06-20.pdf

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-wiper_blade-1369546/
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-wiper_blade-1369551/

Also, many fellow owners have claimed a warranty for the front wiper as it was making loud noise too soon after the purchase. So it might be worth trying that option as well if your car is relatively new.
ambabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 10:53   #235

Yes, 95 Octane petrol is recommended and it has a definite advantage over the nomal petrol when used in T-ROC
Old 2nd February 2022, 18:37   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by reghun View Post
Yes, 95 Octane petrol is recommended and it has a definite advantage over the nomal petrol when used in T-ROC
what difference did you observe ?
Old 2nd February 2022, 20:12   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
So TROC not completely ruled out for 2022, Ashish Gupta mentions in the interview that they are still looking into getting it through CBU route, no CKD though.

Strangely he mentions that they did underprice the car and might bridge the price gap between Taigun and Tiguan.
TROC CKD would have probably only made some sense in the absence of the Taigun.

I regret not springing for the TROC when it was in stock - so this is very welcome news. I have no issues with higher prices as long as they bring in additional features - for the last batch they hiked up prices and I believe they deleted some key driver assist features. I hope they add powered driver seat adjust this time around.
Old 4th February 2022, 13:48   #238

i have been facing a peculiar problem with my Troc, the clock and trip meter are resetting by itself.
went to the service center and they couldn't find any specific error code after the scan, the battery is also ok, has anyone faced a similar issue ?
Old 4th February 2022, 14:49   #239

Can anyone confirm if it's possible to code the assist systems on the 2021 variant? Apparently the radar hardware is present according to my service guy.
Old 4th February 2022, 19:18   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram. View Post
Can anyone confirm if it's possible to code the assist systems on the 2021 variant? Apparently the radar hardware is present according to my service guy.
Hardware is not present in 2021 model.
Camera is missing in windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhur_chhabra View Post
i have been facing a peculiar problem with my Troc, the clock and trip meter are resetting by itself.
went to the service center and they couldn't find any specific error code after the scan, the battery is also ok, has anyone faced a similar issue ?
You are not alone. It is very common issue. VW has issued TPI ( technical product information) for this issue. Software need to be updated.
tristis2008 (2020 T Roc) has updated this software. He will further guide us very soon.

Last edited by sagwal : 4th February 2022 at 19:25. Reason: Multi thread
sagwal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks