Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 22:24   #211
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadbe View Post
Can someone help me out of the dilemma of CBU TROC vs Taigun GT+. I test drive both and obviously TROC feels premium, and have more boot space compared to Taigun. Only sore point is long term reliability and maintenance. Taigun obviously will have lesser maintenance .I am ok for the upfront higher cost for TROC and also OK with 25 to 35% higher maintenance cost, but have a fear what if I have to encounter BIG maintenance expense few years down the line. Obviously with TROC I have already given up on good resale value .But future expenses gives me worry and put a second thought of going with Taigun gt+. Can the existing owners help , how they perceive the car and their anticipation on how the car will age.
I had the same conflict while choosing between the Kushaq and the T-roc. Honestly, the major factor behind choosing the Kushaq was that T-roc is no longer available in India and there is no news about when the next lot may arrive here. If you can wait for some more time to hear something concrete about the T-roc arrival dates, I would suggest that over the current VW SUV twins.
CeeBeeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 22:46   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help me out of the dilemma of CBU TROC vs Taigun GT+. I test drive both and obviously TROC feels premium
Where in Pune did you test drive T-Roc? I had enquired T-Roc with VW Shivaji Nagar and he did have one demo vehicle but he refused test drive saying it is already sold.

Are you promised any new T-Roc? I thought it is sold out. As for selecting between T-Roc and Taigun, the Team-BHP mod Crazy Driver listed reasons to choose either one in the Taigun review thread. You can refer to that.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st December 2021 at 19:13. Reason: As requested.
Old 1st December 2021, 18:03   #213

Quote:
Can someone help me out of the dilemma of CBU TROC vs Taigun GT+. I test drive both and obviously TROC feels premium, and have more boot space compared to Taigun. Only sore point is long term reliability and maintenance. Taigun obviously will have lesser maintenance .I am ok for the upfront higher cost for TROC and also OK with 25 to 35% higher maintenance cost, but have a fear what if I have to encounter BIG maintenance expense few years down the line. Obviously with TROC I have already given up on good resale value .But future expenses gives me worry and put a second thought of going with Taigun gt+. Can the existing owners help , how they perceive the car and their anticipation on how the car will age.
I faced the same dilemma and ended up waiting two months for the T-Roc, i agree Taigun is a good product but it didn't have the appeal of a more premium built T-Roc.

there are going to be issues in resale value and maintenance (expecting 20% higher) but it will be worth it
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:01   #214
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-422804

If true this is a bad move by VW India, they should continue with limited units of the T-Roc atleast if not Tiguan All Space as the 5 seater Tiguan is coming this month and also 7 seater Skoda Kodiaq will be launched in Jan 2022. The facelifted T-Roc has soft touch interiors unlike the current one and looks a proper VW with no cost cutting when compared to the locally assembled Taigun.
Old 3rd December 2021, 11:32   #215
BHPian

@shipnil. I took the test drive few weeks back through VW pune wakad. It was a demo Trick grey coloured
Old 13th December 2021, 21:08   #216

Hi everyone!

I've been following this thread for a year and a bit more now. It's been quite helpful actually. The brilliant reviews here helped me choose the T-Roc. Got it last year in Yellow and love every bit of the car, it's just amazing how we'll put together it is.

I've got a passing question to the other owners here please. What was the first paid service figure like?
Old 15th December 2021, 07:49   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh_ank View Post
Hi everyone!

I've been following this thread for a year and a bit more now. It's been quite helpful actually. The brilliant reviews here helped me choose the T-Roc. Got it last year in Yellow and love every bit of the car, it's just amazing how we'll put together it is.

I've got a passing question to the other owners here please. What was the first paid service figure like?
₹8-9k for first service(15000 km) It excludes sunroof lubrication
Old 18th December 2021, 14:38   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
₹8-9k for first service(15000 km) It excludes sunroof lubrication
Wow I've paid nearly double that! My car had done only about 7.5k in one year. What service centre did you go to?
Sh_ank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 11:33   #219

My service advisor told me that the sunroof needs to be lubricated everytime it is serviced, costs around 3k, is it so?
Old 20th December 2021, 13:50   #220

I have been using 3 series for the past 5 years and I haven't paid a penny or heard about sunroof lubrication, is it something specific to Panoramic Sunroofs ?
madhur_chhabra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:13   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help me out of the dilemma of CBU TROC vs Taigun GT+. I test drive both and obviously TROC feels premium, and have more boot space compared to Taigun....
TROC is certainly a premium car compared to Taigun, actually TRoc Test drive last year convicned me that I will be buying 1.5, Evo+DSG combination.

.. it lacks Cruise control, which was a deal breaker for me. You pay 27 lakhs, and without this key feature.it also has lesser rear space, but that is compensated with larger boot space, not a deal breaker.

Also TROC has under bonnet insulation, that reduces the noise, at the same time i feel, its not good for heat dissipation. It is primarily built for colder European markets, has heated seats etc, so I thought Taigun which is specifically built for Indian conditions may survive better, especially given unreliability experience of DQ200.
Old 28th December 2021, 19:43   #222

Hello! Can someone help me understand the performance difference and mileage with 91 vs 95RON fuel. I can't seem to figure out any real world performance difference except for the fact that 95RON has been returning horrendous fuel economy figures.
abhiram. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 17:54   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram. View Post
Hello! Can someone help me understand the performance difference and mileage with 91 vs 95RON fuel. I can't seem to figure out any real world performance difference except for the fact that 95RON has been returning horrendous fuel economy figures.

I guess the 95 RON fuel is required for engines with higher power output and has high burning rate as to generate power thereby preventing engine knock, but in regular engines like in T-Roc it is related to smooth functioning.

Rest I would request for more informed members to elaborate the same.
madhur_chhabra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 00:07   #224

I haven’t received any such messages from my PPS dealer or from the service centre folks. I’m not facing issue related to that though. May I know from which dealer have you received this message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambabu View Post
My dealer has already called my 2021 T-Roc for two VW campaigns. One to strengthen the splash guard and the other to change the driver side seat belt. SA said both came as mandatory changes for T-Roc 21 model from VW. Curious to know if other dealers are also following the same. Did any of you have a similar experience?
Old 30th December 2021, 11:19   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambabu View Post
My dealer has already called my 2021 T-Roc for two VW campaigns. One to strengthen the splash guard and the other to change the driver side seat belt. SA said both came as mandatory changes for T-Roc 21 model from VW. Curious to know if other dealers are also following the same. Did any of you have a similar experience?
They have replaced the under body protection and installed breather pipe in the 2021 variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks