Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 10:33   #181

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Dear All, I found T-ROC is no longer listed on the Book Online page of Volkswagen India website. Does this mean "Khatam, bye-bye, tata, good-bye, gaya" for T-ROC in India? Any insights on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-bookonlinevw.png  

Old 10th November 2021, 10:40   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiyaanchinnu View Post
Dear All, I found T-ROC is no longer listed on the Book Online[/url] page of Volkswagen India website. Does this mean "Khatam, bye-bye, tata, good-bye, gaya" for T-ROC in India? Any insights on this?
Here is the probable reason :

VW T-Roc Sold Out For 2021, Bookings Stopped.

Quote:
The company is yet to reveal if the same model will be continued the next year or a revised version will be introduced. Volkswagen might relaunch the T-Roc in its facelifted avatar when it makes its global debut next year
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 13:56   #183

Quote:
Dear All, I found T-ROC is no longer listed on the Book Online page of Volkswagen India website. Does this mean "Khatam, bye-bye, tata, good-bye, gaya" for T-ROC in India? Any insights on this?
I doubt if they're going to bring it back anytime soon. With MQB A0-IN being their primary focus and CKD Tiguan, All Space and Kodiaq lined up for launches, I don't really see much economic sense for VAG group in showing more love to the T Roc.

But this is definitely worrying for me as I booked one 2 weeks before the media agencies started publishing news about bookings being stopped. The dealer was sounding confident about the delivery and now he's just buying time to give me an answer.
Old 10th November 2021, 22:57   #184
BHPian

A dealer in Bangalore mentioned they don't anticipate any more batches of T-Roc to arrive before June next year. Of course, the same dealer also said the Tiguan facelift will be here by November. That prediction certainly didn't turn out correctly. My feeling is that it is indeed end of the road for the T-Roc, thus following in the footsteps of its siblings, the Karoq and the Q2.
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 19:29   #185

My dealer has already called my 2021 T-Roc for two VW campaigns. One to strengthen the splash guard and the other to change the driver side seat belt. SA said both came as mandatory changes for T-Roc 21 model from VW. Curious to know if other dealers are also following the same. Did any of you have a similar experience?
ambabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 23:33   #186
BHPian

Interesting. I have a 2021 T roc purchased in July in Bangalore. I have not received any such messages from my dealer. I would also be curious to hear from other T roc owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambabu View Post
My dealer has already called my 2021 T-Roc for two VW campaigns. One to strengthen the splash guard and the other to change the driver side seat belt. SA said both came as mandatory changes for T-Roc 21 model from VW. Curious to know if other dealers are also following the same. Did any of you have a similar experience?
Old 13th November 2021, 00:05   #187
BHPian

Did a quick search on google and found this.
https://car-recalls.eu/recall/volksw...elt-retractor/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
Interesting. I have a 2021 T roc purchased in July in Bangalore. I have not received any such messages from my dealer. I would also be curious to hear from other T roc owners.
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 09:36   #188

Quote:
Its sold out, one Bangalore dealer was offering a demo car for Rs 24.5l though!
Old 13th November 2021, 19:29   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthp3 View Post
Its sold out, one Bangalore dealer was offering a demo car for Rs 24.5l though!
Demo Car is being offered around 23L - grey color - 7000km.
My friend is giving an offer for 17-18L.

Anything he should be careful about in case they agree on the price?
Old 13th November 2021, 19:40   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambabu View Post
From the link shared by CarSprit_ssk, I was able to find the article detailing the fault on https://ec.europa.eu/safety-gate-ale...etail/10003787
It says "The affected vehicles were manufactured between 24 February and 10 March 2021."

How exactly did they strengthen the splash guard? Hope its not like my Wagon R dealer putting 2 more screws to hold them firmly
Old 14th November 2021, 07:36   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl666 View Post
From the link shared by CarSprit_ssk, I was able to find the article detailing the fault on https://ec.europa.eu/safety-gate-ale...etail/10003787
It says "The affected vehicles were manufactured between 24 February and 10 March 2021."

How exactly did they strengthen the splash guard? Hope its not like my Wagon R dealer putting 2 more screws to hold them firmly
I do not recall the exact part name. But it definitely not just screws. They fitted some additional part inside the splash guard.

And regarding the driver side seat belt, yes as per the above article affected vehicles were manufactured between Feb 24th and 10th March 21. And it also says that around 3604 cars were affected globally. I wonder what fraction of it have come India.

After replacing the seat belt, I noticed it getting locked even when the car is stationary. This happened a couple of times and the brake pedal was not depressed. My first oil change service is due in another 500KM, I am planning to get it checked then.
Old 14th November 2021, 12:39   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl666 View Post
Will update once I get a response from them.
Did you get any update on the android auto screen and the Scandinavian DRL? My first service was done at the dealership where they did a complete scan of the car for any possible errors along with the mechanical checks.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th November 2021 at 17:57. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 15th November 2021, 14:26   #193
BHPian

Hi All,
Is there any T-Roc India owners club or anything like that. I would be more than interested if the majority of the T-Roc owners can connect and discuss about the drives or any issues that we need to be cautious about.
BikeDevil44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:31   #194
BHPian

That's a good idea indeed.

May be we can initiate a thread to start one ? - Any thoughts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeDevil44 View Post
Hi All,
Is there any T-Roc India owners club or anything like that. I would be more than interested if the majority of the T-Roc owners can connect and discuss about the drives or any issues that we need to be cautious about.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th November 2021 at 09:27. Reason: Mention of WhatsApp group deleted
Old 17th November 2021, 09:31   #195
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : Please refrain from posting references to WhatsApp groups on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks