Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 20:08   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift AMT : Ownership Review

Hi Snan, yes the AMT of TATA is more sluggish that MSIL. You may want to drive in M mode for "better" control over tranny.

Going by pictures, since its much Humid air, the responsiveness and power generated is lesser as there is less oxygen percentage in intake.
Hope you will enjoy your car more after Monsoon. Thanks

City mode: The default City mode is fine for most runs. Issue I have is that the 120 BHP is never felt. It takes its sweet time to get going thanks to the very average AMT system.

Some more points

1. There is clearly difference in performance based on ambient air temperature. It is obvious given the small turbo but since I drove it at around 40 deg Celsius and at around 18 deg Celsius, the performance difference was material and observable. Is that normal ?!
Lightning2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 08:38   #32
BHPian

Very Nice Review and those are some awesome clicks!

I had seen the facelifted Nexon in February and taken the TD too for a friend but it was MT. I agree with you that this is currently the best looking and most proportionate CSUV. There were many serious clients in the showroom for Nexon and it is a given that Tata has done a really good job with the facelift to attract genuine customers. The price tag makes it VFM.

My friend still hasn't done the booking due to Covid. I would like to know your take on FE of the AMT. He is still confused about the MT and AMT. I drove the MT and found the performance adequate. The 3-cylinder is not know for any refinement but still it is much better in comparison to other 3-cylinder engines.
Old 27th August 2020, 18:43   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
Very Nice Review and those are some awesome clicks!

I would like to know your take on FE of the AMT. He is still confused about the MT and AMT. I drove the MT and found the performance adequate. The 3-cylinder is not know for any refinement but still it is much better in comparison to other 3-cylinder engines.
Though I cannot vouch for the FE of non AMT, my sense from talking to some others is that it won't be much better than AMT. Around 11-13 can be considered very good for a 70-30 city/highway ratio. I don't think that is a variable he should prioritize while deciding MT/AMT. If it is AMT and he loves driving, I don't see him shifting away from Sports mode into city / eco. So from that point of view, he might get slightly better mileage in MT. But otherwise I wouldn't foresee much of difference.
snan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 08:51   #34
BHPian

Lovely review and awesome pics Snan!

By the way, the seating looks beautiful! Can you post a few more pictures of them please? Looks real neat! Where did you get them done from?

Praveen
Old 31st October 2020, 13:14   #35
BHPian

Excellent car and beautiful locations. Presently am using the Tiago XZ 2016 model and am looking to upgrade to the Nexon AMT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks