Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 11:01   #751

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Thank you, Shashi Ji, for such an informative thread on XL6. This is my first post on Team-BHP and I thank Team-BHP support for approving my membership. Highly influenced by this thread, I booked XL6 Zeta Automatic Magma Grey from Thane on October 21. Though I stay in Mumbai, booked a car from Thane as it was the only dealer which had the car available in transit and offered some discount. Rest all dealers had asked for a waiting period of 4-6 weeks without any discount. I am graduating from the i10 manual after driving it for 9 years.

The vehicle arrived in Mumbai on October 25 (as informed by the person managing the stockyard of the dealer). I took the day off from the office and carried out a pre-registration inspection of the car on October 28 in their stockyard at Bhiwandi. The car looked fine overall with a few minor issues like the bonnet opening knob came out when I tried to open the bonnet. The person at the stockyard fitted it properly. Tried to carry out detailed inspection as per the elaborate checklist provided in this esteemed forum. Checked the VIN of the car and it was manufactured in October 2021 (MK).

Since I am in a transferrable job, waited for the new BH series registration to be implemented in Maharashtra. As it is implemented now, I have asked the dealer to register the car under the BH series. However, dealers are still unaware of the process for registration of the car under the BH series which is taking time. Now, expecting to get the delivery by Friday. After completion of the pre-registration inspection, I ordered a Jopasu duster, Meguire’ Supreme Shine microfiber towel and Softspun microfiber clothes (340 GSM) from Amazon.

I also ordered Manatec’s TPMS through the contact given on this thread. 5 sensor TPMS was not available with them and they said it will take another 2-3 months for it to be manufactured due to chip shortage. Thus, ordered 4 sensor TPMS (Model TC13E-4) for Rs 5,750/- and received the product on the very next day. The box, user manual and the product do not have any badging of Manatec or Tyremate. The charging cable and 12V socket adapter are also missing from the box. Doubting its authenticity, I enquired from the Manatec about the missing badging, cable and adapter. They replied that this is an advanced version and they do not provide any label on the box or product since they are supplying it to many OEMs who prefer their own label. Also, cable and adapter are discontinued as the display unit can be solar charged. During the nighttime, it can be charged through a mobile charger. They gave an assurance that a warranty of 1 year will be available from the date of invoice.

Orchis, Vikhroli has quoted Rs 3,000/- for steering wheel leather wrap and Rs 750/- for gear knob wrapping. They have also quoted prices starting from Rs 2,600/- onwards for interior door handle leather wrapping. They have informed that the prices have increased in last two months.

I observed more than enough tyre noise during my two test drives of XL6. Thus, I am planning for tyre change of XL6 immediately after delivery. However, none of the dealers in Mumbai or Thane have stock of P4ST or XM2 in 195/65/15 size. Few dealers have the stock of XM2 185/65/15 available with them and are ready to exchange the stock Ecopia tyres for Rs 3000-3500 extra per tyre (Cost of XM2 quoted is Rs 6,500/- per tyre). Continental UC6 tyres are available at Rs 2,550/- per tyre after exchange. Members are requested to guide me if I should go for XM2 185/65/15 or Continental UC6. Members are also requested to advise if any known dealer in Mumbai/Thane may have stock of P4ST or XM2 in 195/65/15 size.

I tried to discuss the fitting of the engine guard (guard used in New Dzire with Dualjet engine, as carried out by Shashi Ji) before taking the delivery, but the SA and workshop managers refused to fit the guard as it does not pertain to XL6. Any member in Mumbai who carried out such fitting of the engine guard, please guide about the place and how the 2cm gap can be effectively bridged in the front panel with engine guard.

I am also planning for ceramic coating of the vehicle, but am not able to finalize the dealer. Go Mechanic is quoting Rs 20K for Meguire’s Ceramic coating and 18K for 3M ceramic coating. I am not very confident about the services of Go Mechanic as before booking they do not disclose the name of the workshop in which the work will be carried out. Max shine, Thane has quoted a price of Rs 30K for complete ceramic coating. The Buff shop, Santacruz has quoted a price of Rs 42K + GST for ceramic coating and PPF on front and back bumpers and ORVMs. They have also quoted Rs 30K + GST for ceramic coating alone. I am a little apprehensive about PPF coating as few reviews indicate yellowishness after some period of coating and paint removal issues after removing the PPF coating. Honestly, I do not have much information on the benefits of PPF or ceramic coating and I am solely relying on the information available on the internet. The price quoted by Ceramic Pro, Mahalaxmi is exorbitant (60K for Silver, 80K for Gold and 1L for platinum packages and 18% GST extra). As reviewed by many members, the Ceramic pro brand though effective is not worth the price asked. I personally feel that spending 7-8% of the value of the car for the coating may not be worth it. Members are requested to advise if any other reliable dealer can provide authentic ceramic coating in Mumbai at reasonable prices. Please share your experience with Max shine or The Buff shop and the long-term reliability of their ceramic coatings. Is it advisable to go for PPF along with ceramic coating considering the issues observed in PPF over the long term? New XL6 will be mostly parked under direct sunlight near the seashore.

I once again thank esteemed members for their valuable inputs in this forum and request further guidance on the above issues.

Thank you!!
DeepG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 14:47   #752
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Maihar Garden Resort, there is no online booking option but they reserve a room for you over whatsapp. This property is ~4 km away from the temple premises, but is well connected by E Rickshaws, reserved ones cost you around 50 Rupees. The only reason we chose this over other nearer hotels was because of the huge parking they had. I hate unsecured parking spots. Other hotels offered road side or far away parking spots in some vacant places which were a strict no no for me.

Regards,
Shashi
Hey Shashi, next time you visit deoghar, try hotel Rajkamal. It's about a km from the temple just beside Big Bazar. It has its own parking and also there is Motimahal restaurant in its campus. You can easily get e rickshaws from there for the temple.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 15:14   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepG View Post
I tried to discuss the fitting of the engine guard (guard used in New Dzire with Dualjet engine, as carried out by Shashi Ji) before taking the delivery, but the SA and workshop managers refused to fit the guard as it does not pertain to XL6. Any member in Mumbai who carried out such fitting of the engine guard, please guide about the place and how the 2cm gap can be effectively bridged in the front panel with engine guard.
Hi,
You can order the part via Maruti and take it to any local garage and they will fit it for you. It’s hardly a 15 min job. My driver got it done some where in Vasai west( my factory is in Vasai east.)
Maruti service center is useless in this regard. Unless you know the people over there, they will not do anything apart from the regulars.

I blasted them when they called me for a feedback regarding this but I know it’s not going to be of any use.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 17:12   #754
BHPian

Hello Shashi and others.

Last few weeks has been quite eventful in terms of some small updates to my white XL6. To start with she already went through her first service, nothing eventful though it took 3hrs to complete, while I waited and connected to my office work sitting in the customer lounge. I went to an Arena Dealer Service Center as it was less than 2 kms away and I knew someone there, so we were treated well. However the “small” updates are more interesting, here goes:
  • Got these Door Ajar warning lights from Amazon. At INR 500 for 4 pieces I thought it was worth a try and I think this is something ever carry should ideally have (My Linea at least had a reflective red sticker on the inside of the doors). Installation was fairly easy but only after you find the right place to stick it. What I mean is that you need to find a place on the car door which can accommodate its thickness (including the magnet) after the door is closed. From my pics you can see where it is installed and that seems to be an ideal place. Not sure how long the batteries will last (CR2032 button cell, one each). However, since the LED lights are off most of the time, I hope it last a few months. IMHO every car owner should install this. I’ve seen a few cases where the open door was not visible by others on the road leading to accidents.
  • Puddle lights: Again from Amazon. Around INR 500 fort 2 pieces, so at the moment I’ve installed it on only the front doors, need to check the reliability and how long the battery lasts before I go for 2 more for the rear doors. Though I bought the one with Suzuki logo I removed the same (it is a small plastic piece that can be easily removed) and now it only had a round white light on the floor. The other day after I parked the car on a road side I stepped into a pit on the road, so a puddle light was something on my mind. This serves the purpose, gives a bright light when the door is open so that you can see where you keep your feet when you step out. Though it has an on/off switch it doesn’t really help, because once it senses the magnet it goes back to “On” state once the door is open. My initial idea was to keep the switch off during the day, which wont work anymore due to this strange “feature”. However like the warning lights (point 1) the lights are off most of the time I hope the batteries (3 AAA size in each) will last long. In any case I would not like to fiddle the car wiring and connect it to the car battery, so this arrangement is ok for me. You can see pics after the installation.
  • Finally managed to get the under body engine cover fixed at Swatsikaa (Bangalore, thanks to Procrj for this lead) though I didn’t got for the under body coating yet. This was a much needed update and I have been carrying the under body cover since a few weeks, but found time only recently to get it installed. Went to the same place where Procrj got it installed to save time in explaining what to do.
  • Spoiler is still in the car boot, yet to get it fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-carpics.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 10th November 2021 at 19:20. Reason: Formatting, spacing
B-Taurus is offline   (7) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th November 2021, 14:35   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hi,
You can order the part via Maruti and take it to any local garage and they will fit it for you. It’s hardly a 15 min job. My driver got it done some where in Vasai west( my factory is in Vasai east.)
Maruti service center is useless in this regard. Unless you know the people over there, they will not do anything apart from the regulars.

I blasted them when they called me for a feedback regarding this but I know it’s not going to be of any use.
Thank you for the details. Will surely try to get it fitted from any local garage near Prabhadevi.

Meanwhile, I request members to guide me regarding the tyre replacement. Should I go for Michelin XM2 185/65/15 or Continental UC6. The price difference between the two would be about 500-1000 per tyre.

Thank you!!
Old 11th November 2021, 21:42   #756
BHPian

Quote:

Fogs are made by Nitto Denko , a Japanese firm. The fogs are also sealed units, and cost ₹2,550 on the day of compilation. These can be installed on most of the Marutis. They are housed deep inside a sturdy cover:
A very informative thread for all current and future XL6 owners. I have currently bought a pre-owned 2019 S-Cross delta diesel which does not have fog lamps. Will this LED fog lamp seen in XL6 suit the S-Cross? Possible to share the part number?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th November 2021, 21:54   #757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
A very informative thread for all current and future XL6 owners. I have currently bought a pre-owned 2019 S-Cross delta diesel which does not have fog lamps. Will this LED fog lamp seen in XL6 suit the S-Cross? Possible to share the part number?

Thanks in advance.
Since yours is a Delta, it won't have switch or harness till fogs. So I'd recommend getting Brezza's MGA kit which comes with Harness, Switch and fogs.

Pics:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200806_151718.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200806_151728.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200806_151658.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200806_151732.jpg

If you want only fogs, get Brezza's LED fog which is cheaper @ Rs. 1990 per piece. Part number: 35500M85S01.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 22:41   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Since yours is a Delta, it won't have switch or harness till fogs. So I'd recommend getting Brezza's MGA kit which comes with Harness, Switch and fogs.

Pics:

Attachment 2231294

Attachment 2231295

Attachment 2231296

Attachment 2231297

If you want only fogs, get Brezza's LED fog which is cheaper @ Rs. 1990 per piece. Part number: 35500M85S01.

Regards,
Shashi
Wow, thanks a ton. Guess I would be requiring the complete kit. Will check in Boodmo. Am hoping these LEDs will go a long way in improving my low beam visibility!

Just curious; now while checking in Boodmo for new Brezza, there are two LED fog lamps kits mentioned, one with part no 990J0M82P11-130 and another with part no 990J0M82P11-140. Any idea what is the difference? Both seem to cost the same at Rs.5790/-.

Last edited by vshankarhere : 11th November 2021 at 22:47.
vshankarhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 09:10   #759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Am hoping these LEDs will go a long way in improving my low beam visibility!
Dont have very high hopes on this front as the LED fogs dont really help in rain/fog you would be better off with halogen fog lamps OR HID 4300K aftermarket projector headlamps.
Do check this thread by DBHPian Laluks for more details on LED fog lamps - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4982333 (DIY : LED Foglamps (S-Cross))
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 09:40   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Fixed the Headlight woes, well to a large extent. I had 2 qualms with the headlight output, both were related to focus being too down.

Headlamps have two adjustments, vertical and horizontal. I fiddled with only vertical adjustment. Easier way of spotting vertical adjustment screw is locating the HL leveler motor.

For HL, I found my ideal focus after rotating the screw exactly one full turn.
For fogs, I had to adjust it as per my preferred visibility from driver's seat.

Attachment 2114744[/center]

Adjusting knob for headlight's vertical output:

Adjusting knob for fogs:

Leoshashi, About these adjustment screws, should we turn them one turn clockwise or anti clockwise to raise the beam?
I've been feeling that the headlight focus on my XL6 too is set a little low. Same case with the fog lights too. I located the screws and thank you so much for this post but I'm not sure which way to turn it for raising it a bit.
jalex77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 11:54   #761

I have finally made the booking for a Brave Khaki Zeta AT XL6!

One of the line items in the invoice was “My Nexa Card”. Can anyone please tell me what this is and if it is really worth it?

Also, the dealer is saying that the reverse camera will cost ₹6000 and it includes the camera and the wiring. From what I remember, Shashi had mentioned that it costs ₹3990. I am not sure if the dealer demands are correct here.
I am also interested in getting the door wood finish garnish. Should I get it from Nexa or get it from dealers outside?

Would really appreciate if someone could suggest good floor mats as the ones available at Nexa are very flimsy. I am not sure if we should get floor lamination done as the left passenger seat has the Lithium Ion battery.
AviC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 12:45   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex77 View Post
Leoshashi, About these adjustment screws, should we turn them one turn clockwise or anti clockwise to raise the beam?
Please do ensure that you turn them gently and adjust height against a wall
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-screw-loc.jpg  

procrj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 12:52   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Please do ensure that you turn them gently and adjust height against a wall
Thank you so much. I will be careful and do as you said.
Old 12th November 2021, 14:43   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepG View Post
Thank you, Shashi Ji, for such an informative thread on XL6. This is my first post on Team-BHP and I thank Team-BHP support for approving my membership.
Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Highly influenced by this thread, I booked XL6 Zeta Automatic Magma Grey from Thane on October 21. Though I stay in Mumbai, booked a car from Thane as it was the only dealer which had the car available in transit and offered some discount. Rest all dealers had asked for a waiting period of 4-6 weeks without any discount. I am graduating from the i10 manual after driving it for 9 years.
Congratulations on your latest acquisition.

Quote:
I also ordered Manatec’s TPMS through the contact given on this thread. 5 sensor TPMS was not available with them and they said it will take another 2-3 months for it to be manufactured due to chip shortage. Thus, ordered 4 sensor TPMS (Model TC13E-4) for Rs 5,750/- and received the product on the very next day. The box, user manual and the product do not have any badging of Manatec or Tyremate. The charging cable and 12V socket adapter are also missing from the box. Doubting its authenticity, I enquired from the Manatec about the missing badging, cable and adapter. They replied that this is an advanced version and they do not provide any label on the box or product since they are supplying it to many OEMs who prefer their own label. Also, cable and adapter are discontinued as the display unit can be solar charged. During the nighttime, it can be charged through a mobile charger. They gave an assurance that a warranty of 1 year will be available from the date of invoice.
If the charging port is micro USB or USB C type, then you can charge it with regular mobile cable too. In older models like mine, it has a proprietary round pin type charging hole, hence they have provided a separate cable for that.

Usually USB charging isn't needed unless your car was parked in dark for a week or so, and you head out at night. In 1.5 years of ownership, I had to do that just once.

Regarding the Display issue, Yes manatec has been facing issues regarding displays and thus the product isn't listed on Amazon now. They are barely able to supply to OEMs. I'd recommend getting an extra sensor and install it in your spare tyre. That's what I've done and in case you rotate or change wheels, you just need to initiate the re-learning procedure and you are done.

Quote:
I observed more than enough tyre noise during my two test drives of XL6. Thus, I am planning for tyre change of XL6 immediately after delivery. However, none of the dealers in Mumbai or Thane have stock of P4ST or XM2 in 195/65/15 size. Few dealers have the stock of XM2 185/65/15 available with them and are ready to exchange the stock Ecopia tyres for Rs 3000-3500 extra per tyre (Cost of XM2 quoted is Rs 6,500/- per tyre). Continental UC6 tyres are available at Rs 2,550/- per tyre after exchange. Members are requested to guide me if I should go for XM2 185/65/15 or Continental UC6. Members are also requested to advise if any known dealer in Mumbai/Thane may have stock of P4ST or XM2 in 195/65/15 size.
Tyre change after delivery-I'll wholeheartedly support it. Go with 195/65R15s they do make a good difference to the ride quality of the MPV compared to stock size.

If fresh tyres are available in Michelin, then it makes a bit of sense to opt for them at those prices(they are charging quite a premium). Else go with Continental UC6 in 195/65R15 size. They are as good as Michelins as per feedback of owners.

Quote:
Any member in Mumbai who carried out such fitting of the engine guard, please guide about the place and how the 2cm gap can be effectively bridged in the front panel with engine guard.
This (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review) is the way I've done it, and am more than happy with it.

Few members have screwed it in the plastic cover of that member, but do note that the engine guard will have to be periodically removed for jobs like coolant change etc. For the first time, threads made in plastic will hold nicely. But it won't last the distance if it's opened couple of times or more.

Recently during ISG change, the other workshop could easily remove and refit the guard and never did they realise that anything was a jugaad here.

Quote:
Is it advisable to go for PPF along with ceramic coating considering the issues observed in PPF over the long term? New XL6 will be mostly parked under direct sunlight near the seashore.
For your requirement, go with the good old Wax. Invest in a good durable wax like Collinite 845 and apply every 2 months or so(DIY will be best) and your car will have a sufficient protection from the elements. Also strongly recommend getting underbody coating done now, when the car is new.

My XL6 is Ceramic coated(Carpro), and I sometimes feel the Wax was a better bet at protection. Ceramic Coating gives tremendous shine, but I found the protection part a bit underwhelming.

Also, since your car will be parked out in the open, get it's air vents properly secured like this (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review) since your car may face rodents attack. Also get the cowl cleaned every year since it is a common rusting spot for cars parked near sea shore. The area gets dirty very easily, and holds moisture. For cars parked near shore, it's moisture plus salt which accelerates the rusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Taurus View Post
Hello Shashi and others.
Interesting upgrades, however the regular replacement of batteries and fear of losing the magnet are the reasons why I never considered these.

Quote:
Am hoping these LEDs will go a long way in improving my low beam visibility!
Don't be too optimistic. I have a mixed feelings about these LED fogs. When adjusted properly, they are a good addition for normal days. But the setup absolutely sucks in dense fogs like the ones we face in Northern India.

Quote:
Just curious; now while checking in Boodmo for new Brezza, there are two LED fog lamps kits mentioned, one with part no 990J0M82P11-130 and another with part no 990J0M82P11-140. Any idea what is the difference? Both seem to cost the same at Rs.5790/-.
The 130 part is for MT which gets different switch than 140 which is for AT and it gets clubbed switch arrangements since in AT Brezza, all switch positions are occupied, while in MT, there is a blank switch. You need to order 130.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex77 View Post
I've been feeling that the headlight focus on my XL6 too is set a little low. Same case with the fog lights too. I located the screws and thank you so much for this post but I'm not sure which way to turn it for raising it a bit.
BHPian ProcRJ's post beautifully explains it. Thanks RJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviC View Post
I have finally made the booking for a Brave Khaki Zeta AT XL6!

One of the line items in the invoice was “My Nexa Card”. Can anyone please tell me what this is and if it is really worth it?
Congratulations. IMO, the NEXA card/Loyalty is a monumental waste of money. 90% of the times it won't work when you need it to. I intend to make a separate thread for it, since I feel cheated about the Rewards program.

Quote:
Also, the dealer is saying that the reverse camera will cost ₹6000 and it includes the camera and the wiring. From what I remember, Shashi had mentioned that it costs ₹3990. I am not sure if the dealer demands are correct here.
The part priced less than 4k is MGA and of supposedly inferior quality than the one priced 6k(comes OE in Alpha). In MGA camera, there have been a lot of complaints (Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)) and replacements.

Part number of MGA Camera is 990J0M72S21-020 and costs Rs. 3720.

Part Number of Alpha's Camera is 39970M72R00 and costs Rs. 6587. Ask dealer to show what they are installing with proper packaging. If its MGA, ask them to order Alpha's camera or you may order from any MGP store/MASS and get it installed later.

I agree the floor mats are pretty flimsy. I have put PVC NEXA mats at front, while rear seats have deluxe mats from NEXA installed. Since only mom and dad sit there, maintenance is easy. Also mom has a habit of taking off her footwear, so a rich feeling carpet mat is desirable. I'm not aware of aftermarket options. You may try with Elegant mats.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 15:54   #765
BHPian

I have finally got the delivery of my XL6 Zeta AT Auburn Red. I have used it for about a couple of months now and the following are my impressions. I have included the updates done in my car as well.

Updates (thanks to many members of this thread for all the inputs)
1. Interior Styling Kit
2. Vinyl Flooring (was offered this free of cost by the Dealer)
3. Chrome Window Garnish
4. Yoko BluEarth GT 195/65 R15 - 4 tyres
5. Sensairy TPMS (without in vehicle display) set of 5.
6. Elegant Carpet Mats

Total Distance Covered: 3600 kms (includes 2000 on highways & 1600 in city)
Car Delivered on 22nd Sept '21

Overall Mileage: 14.5 km/L
City: 11 - 12 (with AC)
Highways: 14 - 16 (100 - 120 kmph - with AC, 2 adults + 2 kids most of the time).

Pros
1. Very easy to drive in both city and highway - My wife moved to this car after staying away from driving for 3 years and she was very impressed at the ease of driving. The steering effort, pedal positions, driver posture are all tuned for a very effortless driving experience.

2. Very matured Ride and Handling package (especially once tires are upgraded). Does not feel like typical Japanese/Korean cars. I was pleasantly surprised by the highway manners. It is very composed and has a good steering feel up to 120 kmph. This is a great balance to have along with the ease of driving mentioned in the first point. Only after 130kmph you will find it a bit floaty and not planted.

3. Extremely spacious - Especially the last row & boot space. I feel it is among the best 3rd rows in the market under 25lakhs. The boot space is very practical and fits a lot of luggage.

4. Good Engine response at lower speeds in City. Quite quick off the blocks for a vehicle of this size.

Cons
1. Cabin Noise & Rattles - Engine is very silent but tire & road noise seep in a lot. I find small rattles on one or the other door/tail gate almost every time. You cannot store anything loose in the door pockets, I started using a cloth around bottles and other stuff I put inside door pockets to address this. The doors rattle if volume of speakers is high as well. This car needs damping. Waiting for Shashi to post his damping thread!!

2. Engine Response at higher speeds - The engine is not very responsive between 2000 - 3000 rpm, you need to keep it below or above this range to get good response. 4 speed AT plus a tendency to shift up too quickly amplifies this problem when overtaking on highways.

3. Cruise Control - This is tuned too aggressively I feel. The car shifts down for small increase in gradient unnecessarily at high speeds. Cruising at 100-110 down shifting suddenly revs the engine to 4k+ and this can surprise you if you are not prepared.

Overall I am very happy that I went for XL6. I was ready to spend up to 20Lakhs and test drove Morazzo, Safari, Alcazar & MG Hector before zeroing down on XL6. I am indebted to Shashi/Procrj and others in this thread for helping me with this decision.

I owned a Tata Manza diesel for 11 years and used it for 1.7 lakh kms before this.

Regards,
Spals
Spals is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks