Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 13:30   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

Congratulations! That’s a very well-written review; and great set of pictures to go with. Great choice of color too!

A couple of lakhs less would have made the Karoq look more attractive (especially when compared with the T-Roc) but you look at it as a replacement model for the Yeti, the pricing is not so bad. If I remember correctly, the Yeti had a sticker price of around 23 lakhs. 3 years later, and 2 lakhs extra looks reasonable.
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 13:46   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Mr. Perera!!! trying hard not to make a crocodile joke

And congratulations on the new Karoq.

Looks like quite a few Skoda firsts of recent in TVM.
All started with that Kodiaq media drive.

If planning to use the Karoq just like how the City was used, not an issue with the more than expected pricing. Since your dad seems to love the car!!!

Skoda seems to outdo themselves with the small nifty features. Especially the rear view camera wash feature, first time am seeing it. Quick Google and looks like it's Nissan, as most of the time, came up with this feature in 2013.

Just like how the Karoq is a mini-Kodiaq, let's hope the upcoming VisionIn is a mini-Karoq, or atleast is a watered down Kamiq.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 13:54   #33
Team-BHP Support

Hello Mr. Perera!

Dude, congrats on the baby Kodiaq! Loved the report and the car. And your Team-BHP handle! Drive safe and have fun.

I hope Skoda goes the CKD route and reduces the prices. Would love to see the numbers in the upcoming months' sales charts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
The boot opening lever is located on the bottom left side and is difficult to open from the drivers seat. And to pull that the passenger door needs to be opened.
Attachment 2020073
You meant the bonnet there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Hope boot is big and have enough equipments to take your pet crocodiles Johny and Pinky for outings.
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 14:00   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on acquiring the new Karoq and a very detailed first impression.
I have been driving a Yeti for 7 years and am still very much in love with it. I had been looking forward to the arrival of the Karoq and the description, has me drooling. However the on the road price is something, I am still a bit concerned about. Moreover, at that price, it's sad that haven't put in the Varioflex rear seats and the virtual pedal for boot opening.
Pynummoottil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 14:06   #35
BHPian

Voted 5 stars, very well articulated. Super impressed with the effort you've made of clicking the babe, especially those dynamic shots! I am all for Interiors>Exteriors , ultimately you're going to be inside the car for 99% of the times you're around it. Also completely agree with your dad on the CBU being superior for the simple reason that all those parts are of the European standards. As much as I enjoyed driving our Rapid, I am of the club which suffered the wrath of the poor ASS Skoda (maybe used to) offer. But boy do these cars drive like a car should. Wishing you miles of joy ahead bud!
Karan_n8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 14:11   #36
BHPian

Congratulations Mr. Perera for your your lovely purchase!
Wishing you many happy miles in the Karoq.
Crisp review and lovely photographs. Especially loved the rolling pics. Was about to ask if they were taken by a professional, but you seem to have anticipated the query in advance. for your photographer friend as well. Pics like these make reviews even more fun!
StarBoard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 14:46   #37
BHPian

Congratulations on your acquisition! Outstanding photography mate!
akshye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 15:02   #38

Congrats Mr.Perera !

Loved your review. The Karoq is quite a looker in black!
Wishing you a happy ownership.
neeln8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 15:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to you and your dad Mr.Perera on the Karoq. You definitely got yourselves a beauty and I love the way the Karoq looks in Black! Looks absolutely sinister (If I may say so!) with the Blacked out grille.
The pictures of the car are fantastic and the way it looks is a stunner.

Even though we own a Volkswagen in the family, I really do not like the looks of the T-Roc. It's a bit too European and lacks a bit on space, especially for the Indian Market. The Skôda is a more rounded package and I'm happy to see that the Petrolhead's intuition has stuck in your family (First, the VRs and then the Karoq! ).

Last edited by akash_v12 : 25th June 2020 at 15:20.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 16:00   #40
BHPian

Congratulations and Happy mile crunching! I had the opportunity to observe the Karoq up close and it screams premium no doubts about it. I can only guess How peppy the 1.5 TSI would be when the 1 liter on the Rapid is doing pretty well.

Absolutely loved the color! Some thoughtful additions from Skoda in many places.
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 16:03   #41
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. The vehicle looks stunning and seems to be a VFM proposition considering how sturdy Skoda's are usually.

And btw kudos to Rishikesh for clicking some superb pictures. His IG seems to suggest he is a real talent when it comes to automobile photography !!
rijo_tj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 16:07   #42
BHPian

congrats Mr Parera & family... she looks lovely and excellent pictures.

I genuinely like the car and was impatiently waiting for the release and specs. But at this price point I am disappointed they haven't included VarioFlex seats, auto tailgate and wireless charging. VarioFlex is the main USP for Karoq model and should have been standard at this price. I shall take the wait and watch approach.
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 16:28   #43
BHPian

Hello Mr. Perera!

Congrats for that smoking hot Car. Looks stunning. Your review is also top rated and well detailed that it gave an added flavor and a virtual drive itself!

And for that catchy handle name of yours. Your handle name selection is superb just like the Skoda cars you have currently.

Wishing you and your family long wonderful happy years of handling and driving pleasure from the Beauty!
Thanos-VV is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 17:00   #44
BHPian

Hello Mr. Perera,

Congratulations! btw, like someone mentioned, the car pictures look crisp and the photography is refreshing. Easy to drive and the proportions make it a boon in Kerala.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 17:20   #45
BHPian

Fantastic Review !!!!
For a very long time I had been contemplating an alternative to Jeep Compass, Your Review and especially the images convinced me that I should look for Karoq as my next buy.
anilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks