Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:09   #76
BHPian

Re: My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City

It's actually hard when you have this car and want to upgrade nothing even comes close ��
The other day we were having a casual discussion about getting a car for my wife. We thought that instead of buying a hatchback like the expresso or kwid she could use the Honda City as there is nothing wrong with it and I could get maybe something like a Thar!
But honestly at this price point there is nothing that appeals to the heart and head both the way this one does.
Hamza123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:35   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post
Nice knowing people still own this car. Since there are almost no ownership reviews of this car on the forum unlike other cars of that era like Baleno, it seems that this model is long forgotten. Also, the fact that Teambhpians hate it for its looks and performance makes matters even worse.

On the contrary, having owned this car for 15 years and 1,10,000 kms, I have deep respect for it. In fact, this August I will extend its registration and continue using it for the next five years. I can confidently say that this car has been the best purchase of my life.

What more can you expect from a car,
Hi,
Very true. To be honest the drive of the car is not to an enthusiasts liking and even I would get bored of it. I even wanted to sell it off around a couple of years back and buy something fun but then a couple of BHPians advised me that as we have other cars with us which are fun to drive we should let this car be the beater car. It does its job perfectly without complaining, it is complete peace of mind to own and amazing to drive in the city just like its name suggests. It just doesn't make sense to use it to drive in a manner which it isn't built for.

A couple of long term ownership threads made me fall in love with this car again (more like appreciate the car for what its worth mainly durability and outstanding city smoothness) and we made a decision to keep it for as long as possible.
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:24   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
Long term review of 3rd gen Honda City VTEC MT: 11 years and 130000 km
I have a 3rd gen City, bought pre-used last year. While reading your post, I could relate to nearly every point on ride, handling, ground clearance and other car attributes. Very nicely written!

Last edited by warrioraks : 23rd June 2021 at 12:33.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 16:37   #79
BHPian

Fabulous review and captivating shots.

The car is a breeze to drive and a gem to possess! Looks afresh and a head turner for sure. In love with the aggressive stature and clean design without any mess or criss cross lines which are common on every car these days.

Even today, there's no replacement to this piece of machine.

Wishing you many countless and delightful miles

Here's mine to delve in:
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-1-5-copy.jpg  

metropolis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 00:25   #80
rkw
BHPian

Dad's Honda City will turn 12 in a few months (2009, 3rd gen). Done about 80k. Plan to keep it beyond 15 years as the car still feels as good as new. Parts durability & build quality are truly remarkable. Till now only oil & regular filters have been changed besides tyre set & battery. That too fuel filter has been changed only once if I recall correctly.
rkw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 00:42   #81
rkw
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza123 View Post
Been a while since I updated this post!
Got this puddle light again off Amazon. Looks very sharp and works off battery so no touching the wiring.
Attachment 2105251
Is it not connected to the door switch? And is it powered by button cells?
Old 5th July 2021, 07:35   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkw View Post
Is it not connected to the door switch? And is it powered by button cells?
There is a magnet that is to be stuck near the door which acts like an on off switch. It works on AAA batteries.
Hamza123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 10:38   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragbagur View Post
Dear Hamza,
Your head unit installation has come out very well. My close friend is buying either a Pioneer or Sony HU for his City (same 3rd gen 2013 model; S MT) and needs the frame/ fascia urgently. We are unable to source the same here in Bangalore. I will be very grateful if you can share the details of the source from where you got the OEM frame. I can PM you separately.
Did your friend get this setup installed? I am thinking of going for something like Sony XAV 5000 and I guess I will face the same issue with sourcing the frame in BLR.
Old 13th July 2021, 15:11   #84
BHPian

Cross posting this from the Honda Service thread since this seems to be the popular thread on City AT on the forum (also responsible for finally making me pull the trigger on this car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Any recent reviews on the service at Dakshin Honda, Hosur Road. I need to do the 50k service and replace the ATF fluid on a 2013 Honda city S AT. The previous owner didn't do this as per service history.

If anyone knows any decent SA at this outlet who can get the job done without any issues please let me know.

Reading stuff like this (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nsmission.html (Honda dealership fills the wrong oil in my City's CVT transmission!)) which I don't really have the technical know how to understand and hence avoid is actually the cause for my concern.

If there are any SA in Honda's Bengaluru service centers or even an independent competent FNG that can do this job properly that would be fine too.
Old 29th July 2021, 22:01   #85
BHPian

Hi Hamza123,

I recently bought a pre-owned 2012 city automatic, your review thread helped a lot!. I too need to replace stock headlamps, can you share product names/links used for your headlamps upgrade?

Thanks in advance!
Old 29th July 2021, 23:27   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer05 View Post
Hi Hamza123,

I recently bought a pre-owned 2012 city automatic, your review thread helped a lot!. I too need to replace stock headlamps, can you share product names/links used for your headlamps upgrade?

Thanks in advance!
M glad I could be of help.
I have swapped the bulbs with philips led bulbs.
Old 2nd August 2021, 21:16   #87
BHPian

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on these AC knobs for Honda city (screenshot attached)? It's available on Aliexpress (might as well be from Mars) since the packages will never reach here.

Is there a local India reseller or some accessories shop in Bengaluru that I can try my luck at.

NOTE: Pic is taken from a Honda City thread in the automotiveindia forum (my-new-honda-city-in-white-the-albus)
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-hondacityacknob.jpg  

JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 15:32   #88
BHPian

Can anyone share what is the correct wiper size for the 3rd gen City? I feel the bigger one is 24" and the smaller on is 14"?
Will order a pair online as Honda was quoting quite a bit for normal framed wipers.
Old 29th December 2021, 01:55   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Can anyone share what is the correct wiper size for the 3rd gen City? I feel the bigger one is 24" and the smaller on is 14"?
Will order a pair online as Honda was quoting quite a bit for normal framed wipers.
For your and everyone else's future reference:

https://oriparts.com/47/732/67630

The above OEM catalogue states 600 mm ( ~ 23.6 inch ) for driver's side and 375 mm ( ~ 14. 7 inch ) for passenger side
ibisbrew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 08:08   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibisbrew View Post
For your and everyone else's future reference:

https://oriparts.com/47/732/67630

The above OEM catalogue states 600 mm ( ~ 23.6 inch ) for driver's side and 375 mm ( ~ 14. 7 inch ) for passenger side
What a great website you shared, thank you!
Are the spares on here OEM or sourced from some other non OEM vendor?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks