Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2020, 15:10   #61

Re: Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review

Hello, I own a Figo 1.5 L AT petrol, Sept 2019 model. I picked it up because of Bangalore traffic. Now I am planning to relocate to a smaller city not sure if an AT is required. Need your suggestions if it is wise to dispose it off as I already have a Verna with which I can manage in a tier 2 city and lesser traffic.
Splendor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 09:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendor View Post
Hello, I own a Figo 1.5 L AT petrol, Sept 2019 model. I picked it up because of Bangalore traffic. Now I am planning to relocate to a smaller city not sure if an AT is required. Need your suggestions if it is wise to dispose it off as I already have a Verna with which I can manage in a tier 2 city and lesser traffic.
If you are sure of letting this car go, then selling this car to a fellow bhipan might be a good idea, used cars dealers and average buyers might quote rock-bottom price IMO. Blue oval and petrol engine might scare away the average buyer.

If the Verna is a diesel, then I don't see any reason to hold on to the Figo, barring FTD factor.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 09:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brands like Ford, Fiat, Nissan etc (not so popular brands) have a horrible resale value. In order to make sure the money invested in these cars are fully recovered, better to hang on to them for 7 years minimum. You would be surprised that the resale value you get now and after 5 years will not have a big difference. Moreover you would have that satiation of having enjoyed, cared and driven the car for a longer period of time.
Figo AT is a boon in any tier city. It is easy to drive around with the size, peppy petrol engine and AT GB.
VWAllstar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 06:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
In the same boat as you. Living in a village since Mrach.
This car makes a lot of sense even here. And the fun to drive factor comes out in narrow and twisting roads.

If you are planning to sell, please sell it in Bangalore.
AT cars have good release value in large cities. You can also check the price with companies like Spinny. I sold my WagonR AMT to them for a good sum.

In general, second had car value and sales have increased post COVID.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:19   #65

Thank you for your response. It's a diesel Verna so planning to retain it for some more time and go for an upgrade. Though the resale value of Figo maybe almost the same after 2 years, I am still considering the factors like insurance, maintenance and parking space as I will be moving to a place which has just 1 car park.
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:48   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
If you are sure of letting this car go, then selling this car to a fellow bhipan might be a good idea, used cars dealers and average buyers might quote rock-bottom price IMO. Blue oval and petrol engine might scare away the average buyer.

If the Verna is a diesel, then I don't see any reason to hold on to the Figo, barring FTD factor.
Thanks for your suggestions. It's a diesel Verna that I have. I am moving to a place where there is just one spot for parking. So one car should be parked outside, on the road. Though the resale value after 2 years may fetch the same amount, factors like insurance, maintenance and cons of parking the car outside is pushing me to consider to part with Figo.
Splendor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 09:24   #67
BHPian

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20200817_165534__01.jpg
Figo AT in white.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 13:24   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can't PM (newbie status) or e-mail you (you appear to have disabled that option).

If you do decide to sell, I'll be glad to consider it for my father who's looking to switch to an automatic.

You can email me from my profile if you'd like to discuss further.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th November 2020 at 13:27.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 08:22   #69

Hi, you can reach me at chethanmanohar@gmail.com
Old 18th July 2021, 16:17   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quick update 1 :

Car has crossed 26k on the odo. Biggest change so far is that I have relocated to the suburbs, as a result running has increased considerably BUT most of my commute is on open state highway I am just enjoying every single km I clock, no traffic signals, no huge traffic jams, just plain open highways and little bit of country side roads.

Car has been performing flawlessly under all road conditions, couldn't have asked for anything more in terms of driving experience. Hope Ford lets me keep this beauty running as long as my needs don't change.
Few more updates on the way !

Last edited by giri1.8 : 18th July 2021 at 16:19.
giri1.8 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 10:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quick update 2 :

1. Did the 30K oil service and the bill turned out to be reasonable at 3900/-
2. Door rattles were my only issue that needed to be addressed, thankfully they have managed to solve it.
3. Running has continued to be on highway most of the time, no complaints here.
4. Our local government has cut petrol price by 3 Rupees, decided to use the sports mode for couple of highway runs, completely transforms the overall driving experience.
5. Ford should have given the sports suspension from the Blu/Figo S, softness can be felt while pushing the car in S mode.
6. Steering, brakes work flawlessly, surprised to see brake pads still holding up. Traditional AT box is said to put more strain on the brakes.
7. Pure highway mileage has been consistent 15+ on the MID.
8. Front right tyre developed slight bulge due to some pothole, guess the side walls are not as strong as our desi make. Slightly softer compound so understandable! Has to rush to my usual tyre dealers as we the 15 day lockdown from the next day.

Few pics for viewing pleasure :
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20210825_102221.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20210825_102327.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20210825_102255.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20210825_102207.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20210825_102149.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20210825_102347.jpg  

giri1.8 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 19:00   #72

Nice to hear that you are getting 15kmpl. My vehicle has not given me more than 11 on highway and I get 10 in city drive. Vehicle has run 8700 kms and is due for 3rd service. Any tips to get a better FE.
Old 13th September 2021, 17:38   #73
BHPian

My Figo 1.5 AT reached 10k mark today.
And immediately after, I sold the car to Spinny.

I got moderately decent value (not good) considering current market conditions.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 18:19   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
My Figo 1.5 AT reached 10k mark today.
And immediately after, I sold the car to Spinny.

I got moderately decent value (not good) considering current market conditions.
What was the reason? And if you dont mind can you share the deal details (buying & selling price)

I hope you havent sold it due to the fact that Ford has shut production.
Old 13th September 2021, 18:29   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
What was the reason? And if you dont mind can you share the deal details (buying & selling price)

I hope you havent sold it due to the fact that Ford has shut production.
I had to face ~30% depreciation.

This car became redundant after we moved to our native village. Was planning to sell this from a month and the closure was a catalyst.

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th September 2021 at 06:12. Reason: As requested
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks