Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2020, 14:27   #61
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Yes, they ask for it but did they enter and stamped the seal in the booklet during delivery? I initially opted for the 4Yr/50000 during delivery but changed it to 5Yr/40000 during first service and thats when they actually put it into their system.
No in my case, it was stamped on the delivery date itself.
Old 3rd March 2020, 23:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
You should talk to the service people. They would should be knowing about this as they would have done it for other cars that have this variable warranty plan.
Actually I think there is a lot of confusion regarding this so called wonder warranty. I have been emailing and talking to Hyundai customer care for the past 1 week. Twice I have got reassurance that within 48 hours I will be contacted by the concerned department. Nobody has contacted so far. Tonight I called the customer care again and I was told it has already been changed in their system to 5yr/40000 Kms, but when I asked why I haven't received any documentation or communication regarding the change the person had no definite answer. He told me he would make sure I get contacted by the concerned department within 48 hours. Hope this gets settled soon.
Night Raven is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 01:16   #63

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS AMT issue

Hi All

Hope you all are having a great day. I purchased Gi10 NIOS AMT 2 months back in Bangalore. The car is fantastic and is a great city car. However, I am facing a weird issue. Here are the details.

This happens only occasionally (3 out of 10 times). When the speed is around 55KM, the gear automatically shifts to D5. At this point, if I press the accelerator lightly, the speed doesn't increase. Rather I hear a weird engine noise each time I press the accelerator pedal. The steering also vibrates at this point. However, if I hard press the accelerator pedal the gear shifts down to D3 (from D5) and the noise goes away. During the first service (1.5 months back), I told the service center staff about this issue. They drove the car, but couldn't reproduce. Finally, I thought it might be a temporary glitch and moved on. But the issue is still there -- it keeps popping up and is a bit irritating.

What should I do? Since it doesn't happen always, how should I convey it effectively at the service center? Any advice will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot!
Sandeepg33k is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 08:42   #64
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS AMT issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeepg33k View Post
This happens only occasionally (3 out of 10 times). When the speed is around 55KM, the gear automatically shifts to D5. At this point, if I press the accelerator lightly, the speed doesn't increase. Rather I hear a weird engine noise each time I press the accelerator pedal. The steering also vibrates at this point. However, if I hard press the accelerator pedal the gear shifts down to D3 (from D5) and the noise goes away. During the first service (1.5 months back), I told the service center staff about this issue. They drove the car, but couldn't reproduce. Finally, I thought it might be a temporary glitch and moved on. But the issue is still there -- it keeps popping up and is a bit irritating.

What should I do? Since it doesn't happen always, how should I convey it effectively at the service center? Any advice will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot!
Take a friend or family member for a drive. Ask them to record a video while you drive. If the problem is a recurring one, it will get recorded after few attempts.

Also do share the link of video here. Some expert BHPian may give you a lead on the possible reasons and areas you should be looking at.

Do share an update on this.

I hope it's nothing big.

Cheers.
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 07:58   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
We got Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT (Titan Grey) in our family on September 8, 2019.
Dear Rahul,

Thanks a lot for your thread, loved it and i just got my Nios Asta AMT petrol yesterday. Had read your review almost 3 times during the decision phase.
Will compile my own review thread shortly.

I have two quick questions for you if you can help
- horrible lock unlock sound - did you or any other BHPian get any solution how to turn this off ? The whole basement resonates with the sound. I want to disable somehow.

- during parking when I want to move very slowly, the car just leaps to speeds of 8 - 9 kmph as soon as I lift off the brake. Whether in Drive or Reverse. This sudden speeding requires me to press brakes which creates some shuddering / vibration in the car. Is this also your observation / Normal ? Am I doing something wrong here ? Pardon the novice question as it’s just a day and 2 Kms of drive so far. I am worried here because the car needs to be parked in a narrow slot which requires atleast 2 front and back adjustments and if it suddenly speeds up in drive or Neutral, I am worried someday it will bang the car in front.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd August 2020 at 23:12. Reason: Typo
swarnava.ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 20:33   #66

Check out this video if it helps you turn off the lock unlock sound
CHIRU3011 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:20   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post

- horrible lock unlock sound - did you or any other BHPian get any solution how to turn this off ? The whole basement resonates with the sound. I want to disable somehow.
Till date, there's no option to disable the ugly lock unlock sound, there's a trick which is useful in which you don't close the door properly and then lock the car then followed by closing the door. In such case, the car won't make any sound but this method is way too inconvenient IMO.
chiefpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Dear Rahul,

Thanks a lot for your thread, loved it and i just got my Nios Asta AMT petrol yesterday. Had read your review almost 3 times during the decision phase.
Will compile my own review thread shortly.

I have two quick questions for you if you can help

- during parking when I want to move very slowly, the car just leaps to speeds of 8 - 9 kmph as soon as I lift off the break. Whether in Drive or Reverse. This sudden speeding requires me to press brakes which creates some shuddering / vibration in the car. Is this also your observation / Normal ? Am I doing something wrong here ? Pardon the novice question as it’s just a day and 2 Kms of drive so far. I am worried here because the car needs to be parked in a narrow slot which requires atleast 2 front and back adjustments and if it suddenly speeds up in drive or Neutral, I am worried someday it will bang the car in front.
Congratulations on the new car.! Will wait for your ownership thread.

- I guess there is no way to turn off the sound. I myself have tried the methods available online (pressing lock/unlock key for 10 secs), but nothing works.

Workshop also didn't have any solution. I have made my peace with it. Plus in large basement parking it is easier to locate the car (in case you forget where you have parked).

Do let me know if you can figure out a way.

- I get what you are referring to. For first couple of seconds there's no response from the car (its for safety reason that they have built in the delay) but then suddenly it starts creeping at 7km/h speed, which at times is higher when you are in parking in tight spots. Then there is that vibration kind of feeling when you hit the brakes specially on a cold start. It is a shortcoming of this AMT.
rahul_goyal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 20:37   #69
BHPian

I am currently on the lookout for automatic hatch and was basically looking at Celerio and Wagon R. I have taken multiple test drives of both these vehicles to have a good understanding of AMT behaviour. In the meanwhile my cousin bought Nios Sportz AMT and was highly recommending it. While I was at his place I went for a short drive at night and was impressed by the overall quality and comfort that the car offered. He then offered me to take the car to my office for a day and see if I like it. I readily agreed as my workplace is almost 90 kms run with 70% city and rest highway. Below are some observations based on my drives of all these AMT hatchbacks.

1. Nios no doubt would attract any buyer who would come to a showroom and make a decision based on test drive. It can easily wow a customer looking at Wagon R segment and entice them into paying extra.
2. That cabin is just perfect. The materials, the ergonomics, the view and NVH. All far better than competition.
3. Ride is stiffer than Wagon R. Occasional sharp undulations do get transferred to dashboard and creates unwanted noise in an otherwise silent cabin. Ride comfort is overall better though.
4. I just hate the horn.
5. Most important part. The AMT. It has its own brain. I could not predict precisely when the car would upshift or downshift. With a very light foot it sometimes never shifted to 5th gear even at 55 kmph. Similarly, even with light foot it held to 3rd gear at speeds around 45 kmph. This was never the case with Maruti. Its gear changing felt more precise and predictable. The way gears were behaving in Nios, I would say that the AMT might have occasional issues for some owners in near future. Maruti has sorted this out due to more experience with this technology. The shifts are quite smooth though and most people would not bother at all.
6. The manual mode is designed to not lug the engine I guess. At 48 kmph if I tried to manually upshift from 4th to 5th gear it won't let me do that. At 55 it did.
7. Audio quality is OK. Not great. Better than Wagon R though.
8. Steering feels great to hold.
9. Hyundai seems to have some quality issues lately as mentioned in a separate post. Insulation foam was jutting out from the area where windscreen and dashboard meet. Cousin told me its from day one. It easily cathes the eye so not sure what QC is getting done. Or maybe some work done on dashboard area by dealer. Fishy. Driver side window had screeching/abrasive sound while operating.

Nios is a Swift competitor and if I overlook the AMT factor it is a VFM product. This time Hyundai has got the pricing bang on. Nios Magna AMT can be owned for 7.1 lakh on road Delhi with all applicable discounts which is cheaper than Swift Vxi AMT. And Magna has a better feature list list too. A very tempting proposition for me. The only thing I am not convinced about is AMT reliability. Overall a great car to consider in my opinion.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 11:46   #70
BHPian

Bought this as a City Juggler and till now it is delivering as promised.

Reading the comments I realise that people know about the 7-8kph crawl speed and have some issues with the same but see no mention of the second level of crawl at 17 kph. I was surious if there were any more levels which I am yet to discover. the 8 kph and 17kph crawl speeds makes this such a charm to drive in bumper to bumber traffic conditions.

Also initially you might feel that its creeping too fast to 7kph speed - but you get used to handling it. There is the brake paddle for a reason - when you are not using the accelerator, you were supposed to use the brake unless the car is in neutral :P

Also I feel the seats are really not comfortable and they do expect us to mount some covers on them to give some cushioning and curves. I am in market looking for some now. Any recommendations are welcome. I think they will go a long way in keeping the base fabric ones from looking soiled due to light color.
Old 13th September 2020, 14:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Also initially you might feel that its creeping too fast to 7kph speed - but you get used to handling it. There is the brake paddle for a reason - when you are not using the accelerator, you were supposed to use the brake unless the car is in neutral :P
I can understand your point of view here but let me elaborate.
Problem statement / Use case scenario:
I have a corner parking where one side is a wall. The cars in the front are SUVs which jot out from their own slots a bit due to their sizes.

Now when I start in the morning, I have to take a three point turn with at least 2 to 3 short forward and reverse movements.

Here lies the issue and you are try and simulate this on your car as well.

What happens is that as you step off the breaks, initially the car moves slowly but if you lift of completely there is a sudden lurge forward to get to 7 kmph.

Now if you lift slowly and keep the breaks half pressed, there are severe vibrations in the car. I was initially very worried but from the reply of others, realized that its just the AMT behaviour and specially during cold starts.
If you keep the window down, you will also hear - 'Khat' - 'Khat' sounds for frequent Fwd - Rev gear changes.

Well to be honest, on a straight line, Bumper to Bumper traffic your observations are correct and you will not realize this behaviour so much.

I feel it more because I sometimes drive my BIL's Amaze CVT and its smooth like butter off the line on cold start.

Anyways I am saving all of this for my Ownership review shortly. Just waiting to put on some more Kms to have a comprehensive view and also complete 1st service.

Quick question, I could get the car to coast in first gear at 7kmph and in second gear at around 15kmph. How did you manage to coast in other gears ?
Do you just reach the gear and them lift off accelerator ?

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 13th September 2020 at 14:47. Reason: typo correction
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 15:00   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

How does the seating position in Nios compare with say, a Wagon R or Ignis?
Old 16th September 2020, 19:59   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRU3011 View Post
https://Youtu.be/_pZwN9dI_vc
Check out this video if it helps you turn off the lock unlock sound
Has anyone else tried this? Does it actually work?
Old 16th September 2020, 20:20   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
How does the seating position in Nios compare with say, a Wagon R or Ignis?
Somebody used to Wagon R/Ignis would not complain. Its not as high as Wagon R but you would not sit down too. I would say its quite balanced with a pretty good outside view and no alarming blind spots.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 09:06   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Has anyone else tried this? Does it actually work?
I tried this. For NIOS the partial lock method works only when locking the car. It does not work when you have to unlock.
Besides my analysis of the problem is the following -
The whole reason is that in Nios, there is just one Horn so this sound is so loud and irritating. In Verna and Creta, its usually two separate horns and hence it is softer and can be turned off.

Now I am planning to talk to the service guys next month if they can do something. The best solution will be a software update to activate / deactivate this feature. Otherwise local accessory guys are always smart to figure out some 'Juggaar'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks