Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 21:57   #31
BHPian

Re: My 2018 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivee90 View Post

The regular running of the car has been great. The odo reads 25000+KM now. Very strong FE of 16kmpl.
With a light right foot, you can easily achieve 20+ kmpl on highways. I did a mileage run once (tank to tank) and obtained 21 kmpl(approx.). By the way, did the front number plate come off the slot? Our Grand i10's number plate had come off in July 2017 while driving through a flooded street. A couple of months ago, my dad asked the nearby Maruti dealer to make one HSRP for the front. No. plate frames were also installed (MGA accessory). Wishing you a lot of trouble-free kilometers with your little hatch.

Regards
Jnan
TurboKat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 16:52   #32
BHPian

5th year update

Enjoying the car. It's been 33120 km so far. The performance of the engine is still the same with soft peppy nature. The gearshifts too remain crisp and are a treat to shuffle.

Some of the issues I faced,
1. The OEMs tire started wearing out unevenly and I replaced them with CEAT milaze.

2. Same with battery and I replaced with equivalent from SF Sonic. The battery again failed in 3 months, and it was replaced in warranty by the seller.

3. The remote key had also drained (3 times I have changed battery so far) with the spare key's RF functionality not working anymore. It works if I take it near the car and access the request switch. But something in the RF circuit of the key has conked off.

4. The weather strip on the front doors have become very soft and started peeling off. I am replacing that with an aftermarket item since I couldn't source the OEM ones. I tried buying twice from Boodmo, but they always sent the wrong part and took too long to process return.

Photos taken somewhere in Paratwada, Melghat Tiger Reserve
My 2018 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol-gi10.jpg

Service Update
I did the service at a FNG and the 40000 service cost me around Rs.4000 including Bosch semi synthetic Engine oil(Rs.900 for 3.5l can in online sale, Oil filter, air and cabin air filter (Mobis parts via Boodmo) and Bosch Wiper.

FE is consistently around 15-16 kmpl. I feel it's an okay number since I do a lot of hill driving these days. No other major niggle and car is a enjoyable commuter for the segment!

Photo from MH-MP border near Amravati
My 2018 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol-gi101.jpg

Last edited by vivee90 : 28th August 2023 at 17:02.
vivee90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 19:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
5th year update

Enjoying the car. It's been 33120 km so far. The performance of the engine is still the same with soft peppy nature. The gearshifts too remain crisp and are a treat to shuffle.

Some of the issues I faced,
1. The OEMs tire started wearing out unevenly and I replaced them with CEAT milaze.

Service Update
I did the service at a FNG and the 40000 service cost me around Rs.4000 including Bosch semi synthetic Engine oil(Rs.900 for 3.5l can in online sale, Oil filter, air and cabin air filter (Mobis parts via Boodmo) and Bosch Wiper.

FE is consistently around 15-16 kmpl.
It's great to see that you're enjoying your Gi10. It is indeed a no nonsense commuter car. If maintained properly, it will definitely keep on chugging along without throwing any tantrums. By the way, you could've opted for other tyres like MRF ZLX instead of Milaze X3s if budget was a constraint. Earlier(from 2019 to 2023 August), I had those on my Gi10 too. They are the shittiest tyres I've ever installed. Tyres create a racket right after you cross 60 kmph. Another question. How many days did it take for the MOBIS oil filter to reach your place? I had ordered one, but instead got a refund. Boodmo stated that they didn't have one in stock. Even now, the "Fulfilled by Boodmo" category isn't there. Had to procure it from a parts dealer. And regarding the FE, it's actually pretty satisfactory.

Wishing you a lot of trouble free kilometers with it.
Old 2nd September 2024, 01:34   #34
BHPian

6th year update - 37000 km done

The car feels like new albeit some visible scratches in the bumper.
My 2018 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol-screenshot-20240902-012855.png

Easy gear shifting with effortless steering meant that my wife has become a confident driver. She appreciates the car more now for the same fact.

Consistent mileage around 15-16 kmpl for a mix of ghat roads and highways. I use fuelIO and it is a great app for tracking the expenses.
My 2018 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol-whatsapp-image-20240902-01.18.26_3157c74a.jpg

Issues,

1. Water logging in the rear right tail lamp. I removed the tail lamp and drained it couple of times. I tried sealing the upper lip area but couldn't stop seepage. finally retorted to making a small hole in the bottom.

2. Last year, I only changed one side of the weather strip and now it is time to change the rest as well. But I am waiting to source the original as the ones I got last time aren't very convincing.

I noticed that the doors have a small drain hole at the bottom so any seepage doesn't lead to rusting!

My 2018 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol-screenshot-20240902-013022.png
vivee90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 01:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKat View Post
By the way, you could've opted for other tyres like MRF ZLX instead of Milaze X3s if budget was a constraint. . Another question. How many days did it take for the MOBIS oil filter to reach your place?
Sorry for the very late reply! Ya, the noise is annoying! Wouldn't buy it again. Lesson learned.

Delivery was 10 days IIRC
vivee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 06:31   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the very late reply! Ya, the noise is annoying! Wouldn't buy it again. Lesson learned.

Delivery was 10 days IIRC
If you plan to get new tyres, you can go for Yokohama Earth 1 or Continental CC6 in the size 175/65 R14. Most of the negative points of the car are sorted out with that upsize. And regarding water seepage in the taillight, I will suggest you to replace the assembly with a new one, because, the solution you have taken is temporary.
TurboKat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks