Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2018, 22:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Red Maruti Ignis Zeta AMT is here

Congratulations & wish you a happy ownership sir..this probably is the most comprehensive review of Ignis, comes next only to the Team-bhp review.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 11:22   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the review. Wishing you many happy motoring miles.

Maruti's AMT is quirky, and is really suited, I think, for sedate driving in small towns.

I face a similar issue with my Alto K10's AMT, and have learnt to be patient, let my foot off the accelerator for a second (after initially accelerating) when I want the car to drop a gear.

Or else, I just change to manual mode when I don't want to wait for the AMT to make up it's (slow) mind, and revert back to D when I am done with my gear change.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 11:32   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on bringing home the Ignis! It surely is a looker. Its quirky in a nice way. Wishing you many happy KMs with it.

Do keep updating your experiences with the car.

Just out of curiosity, did you consider the Figo?
arijitkanrar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 13:01   #19
BHPian

Congrats on a good buy. I've driven a friend's Zeta AMT and it sure is a jack of all trades. Space, ergonomics, view from the driver's seat, music system, nothing to complain about except probably the steering (opinions might differ). Overall, I found it good.

I myself own a Tiago XZA, and I just wanted to point out (and hope you'll correct it) that the service intervals are 7,500 kms, with oil change only every 15,000 kms. My first free service cost 1,622/- (including oil change on my insistence), second free service 592/-, third free service 2,415/- with mandatory oil change, and the last paid 4th service cost 545/- but they did a thorough check-up, with a free wash included. I've driven it 27.5K kms in 11+ months and it's cost me just a bit more than 5K on service costs. I expect the 5th service at 30K should cost around 3.5 to 4K. Even with the inclusion of labor, it shouldn't cost more than 15K per year for maintenance, considering the same amount of usage.

About the service center, I agree with you. There's a lot of following-up and haggling that one has to do, but slowly I can see their attitudes changing towards customers. Still a long time before they reach Maruti/Hyundai levels I guess.

Those points aside, congrats again and wish you lots of smiles.
Vikki@Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 13:42   #20
BHPian

Congratulations and What a review; enjoyed it thoroughly. Appreciate your effort in penning down an excellent review with great attention to detail.

I like Ignis and I feel that it is good package apart from the premium pricing. It has got retro looks (front), superb engine and great after sales support from MASS. Only grouse for me is the awkward rear end design but I am sure it will grown on you after a while ( I have a Maruti Ritz and faced same problem back then and after a couple months made peace with that ugly rear end).

Also I share the same concern with you regarding under body protection in modern day cars. It is disheartening to see the ground through the engine bay and knowing that there is not even a plastic sheet to protect your oil sump and gear box from a stone or pot hole. My Elite i20 also doesn't have it; so it is a common syndrome among car makers I think.

Enjoy your car and update this thread regularly

Last edited by DrANTO : 12th July 2018 at 13:46.
DrANTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 14:20   #21
BHPian

Congratulations for getting this beautiful car, advaitlele.
This shade of red suits the car very much. Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 14:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
I face a similar issue with my Alto K10's AMT, and have learnt to be patient, let my foot off the accelerator for a second (after initially accelerating) when I want the car to drop a gear.

Or else, I just change to manual mode when I don't want to wait for the AMT to make up it's (slow) mind, and revert back to D when I am done with my gear change.
I have not driven Alto K10, but I guess it would have the same feel to what I got from driving a Celerio. I didn't find it as much a problem in Ignis, but yes, being an AMT it has its own plus and minus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
...Its quirky in a nice way. Wishing you many happy KMs with it. ...
Just out of curiosity, did you consider the Figo?
Yes, Ignis is quirky, and as noted in official review, it does have people divided in opinions. I liked the design overall with squat looks, the front and 3-quarter is the best view. Rear view is not something to boast about, but that's not my problem, that the problem of person driving behind me

I did consider Figo, but didn't TD it. No showroom nearby, and more than that, no service station nearby was an issue. MASS's omnipresence makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki@Hyderabad View Post
...I expect the 5th service at 30K should cost around 3.5 to 4K. Even with the inclusion of labor, it shouldn't cost more than 15K per year for maintenance, considering the same amount of usage.

About the service center, I agree with you. There's a lot of following-up and haggling that one has to do, but slowly I can see their attitudes changing towards customers. Still a long time before they reach Maruti/Hyundai levels I guess.

Those points aside, congrats again and wish you lots of smiles.
I quoted 5k based on what I heard from SA. The service costs are quite reasonable based on your feedback. And the 28k / 35k figure I arrived at would definitely not be as much for sure over seven years. Somewhere, with MASS I have that comfort factor and as I said in my review, I was not ready to experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
Congratulations and What a review; enjoyed it thoroughly. Appreciate your effort in penning down an excellent review with great attention to detail.

I like Ignis and I feel that it is good package apart from the premium pricing. It has got retro looks (front), superb engine and great after sales support from MASS. Only grouse for me is the awkward rear end design but I am sure it will grown on you after a while ( I have a Maruti Ritz and faced same problem back then and after a couple months made peace with that ugly rear end).

Also I share the same concern with you regarding under body protection in modern day cars. It is disheartening to see the ground through the engine bay and knowing that there is not even a plastic sheet to protect your oil sump and gear box from a stone or pot hole. My Elite i20 also doesn't have it; so it is a common syndrome among car makers I think.

Enjoy your car and update this thread regularly
Thanks for the words, yes, the photo compilation and putting words to it took almost 3 weeks. Good to know it came out well.
Couldn't agree more on the looks. I read somewhere, someone hit Ritz from outside to have that back, and Ignis from inside to correct Ritz's mistake so the looks.
I am totally clueless why the manufacturers are so lazy in putting one sheet metal or even a thick plastic underbody plate.
advaitlele is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 16:34   #23
BHPian

I was also in the market a couple of months back for a second car ; an automatic hatch to replace my 2009 i10 Magna AT. I always had a liking for Swift and did a TD of the Swift as well as the Celerio, since the Swift was not available on day 1. The AMT was a horror, to say the least. Jerking, Head Nods , what not. Good riddance to AMTs. I ended up buying another Hyundai , this time a Grand i10 AT. Low Fuel efficiency was not really a concern for me, but interestingly in my first tankful in the i10, I got a good 16 kms to the litre.
autotranny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 18:38   #24
BHPian

Congratulations! With current discounts ignis is looking real value for money. I had a recent 1000+ km long trip in the car and it was quite good in all parameters. Wind noise and tire noise is of concern above 100km/h speed. But what surprised me more is the fact that it was much stable for a lighter tallboy doing high speed and was never nervous. The tires of course played a major role. It’s becoming more fun to drive as the engine is opening up and the suspension has also become less stiff.
shebin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 09:54   #25
BHPian

@autotranny - no doubt, AMT has its own negatives, not as refined is one of them. And it has its own positives for people who share similar driving style as mine.

@shebin - indeed, Ignis is surely lucrative buy with current price point and Nexa made it sweet with good exchange price for my Alto. I never drive car in three digit speeds, not even Ciaz, so it's not a concern as such.
Old 17th July 2018, 00:39   #26
BHPian

Re: Red Ignis is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Remote key doesn’t have boot open option, nor does it have sensor. That means I have to open all four doors so that I can open the boot hatch. Why? I can’t quite get the logic behind this design.
Actually there is a small switch to the right of the boot release button on the tailgate to unlock it. You may want to open the boot to see it before you know where it is.

Thank me later.
Old 22nd July 2018, 08:04   #27
BHPian

I can thank you now
Finally, I got hands on Ignis after quite a few days. Yes, there is a small black switch, just like the one on door handle. How did I miss that?
Life is easy now.
Old 13th February 2019, 11:40   #28
BHPian

Hi Advait,
My wife is also looking for a small automatic to replace her 10 year old Zen Estillo. We had TD for Ignis AMT.

We liked the car but have one problem. Parking place for her car is bit tight. She has to carefully navigate between a pillar and one other car. Parking is 1 foot above road level (with slope). When she tried to slowly squeeze the Ignis in that tight space, every time she pressed accelerator, car jerked ahead a foot, almost hitting the other car. However soft she pressed accelerator, car still jerks ahead.

Without clutch to control, we found it very difficult to park the car. Probably, this is a matter of getting used to. But it is making it difficult to decide on Ignis (or for that matter any AMT). Have you faced similar problem? Will this ease out after getting used to? Appreciate your comments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks