Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2019, 15:54   #61
BHPian

re: What do you replace a Bimmer with? Another Bimmer! My BMW 3-Series GT Diesel EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Look at the graphic that pops up when you change the modes.
"The drivetrain" is engine and gearbox highlighted.
"The chassis" is just the steering highlighted.

Does the pop up graphic on your iDrive highlight any suspension parts in bright color at all?
Will check that today and report. As iDrive in my car is of older version than the one you have in your 330i, the graphics could be different.
Old 7th February 2020, 15:07   #62
BHPian

re: What do you replace a Bimmer with? Another Bimmer! My BMW 3-Series GT Diesel EDIT: Sold!

Just got done with the 2nd servicing of my 3GT which was due since August. It was all routine stuff like, Oil change, brake oil change, wheel balancing and a simple car wash.

This time the cost was on higher side, approx. 36k. They also changed the EGR part which they claimed it to be okay during a check up almost one year ago.

However, in general the overall experience with Bavaria motors service staff was good, as always. They also have a web based system now to approve or reject proposed repair work which I think is quite useful. Pick-up and drop facility was also quite efficient and on time.

The ODO reading is around 12k kms and car will be completing 3 years in July this year. Hope to put some reasonable miles on it from next year onward.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 22:03   #63

I am contemplating on a preowned but almost new 3GT 320d and your review and ownership log has really helped me evaluate this car better. Thank you for sharing the whole evaluation, purchase and ownership experience with us.

Two things still bother me -

I am a little worried about the ground clearance. I know it is better than most sedans @165mm but given the hellish roads in Bangalore, I am still in two minds.

Also, how is the beige interior holding up? I can understand that you have not used the car as much as you hoped for but you seem to be concerned about this from the beginning and so am I.
praveenbm5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenbm5 View Post
I am contemplating on a preowned but almost new 3GT 320d and your review and ownership log has really helped me evaluate this car better. Thank you for sharing the whole evaluation, purchase and ownership experience with us.
Glad to know that this review helped.

Quote:

Two things still bother me -

I am a little worried about the ground clearance. I know it is better than most sedans @165mm but given the hellish roads in Bangalore, I am still in two minds.

Also, how is the beige interior holding up? I can understand that you have not used the car as much as you hoped for but you seem to be concerned about this from the beginning and so am I.
GC has not been issue for me so far. Have been to Mumbai multiple times and they have some real bad speed breakers but GC was enough to tackle one and all.

Interiors are as good as new partly due to less running and partly because my kids are kind enough to not soil them or paint them with crayons.

I didn't find maintaining beige interiors any different than black interiors. Hope this helps.
Old 18th November 2020, 13:56   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry about the GC of the 3 GT at all!
My non-GT 3 is able to deal with absolutely everything that Bangalore roads can throw at it. You will obviously have to slow down for bad roads, but underbody scrapes should not be a concern for you. You will only have to worry about waterlogged roads - as that is one area which BMWs are known to handle poorly, and in some cases, very expensively!
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 21:17   #66

Thank you @d3mon and @the_skyliner

The person I was hoping buy the 3GT from is delaying his decision to sell

I am thinking I will buy an almost new X1 if I cannot get that 3GT.
praveenbm5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 15:23   #67
BHPian

Having owned an all black interior Octavia earlier and a beige interior 3 series now, I find that the black interiors tend to show up dust more proactivly.
rxpaul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 06:51   #68

Thanks for this lovely and very detailed thread. Was very useful in my choosing to move from an F30 (pre LCI) to a LCI 320d GT sportline from a different city. All the explanations just made the decisions and appraisal that much easier. I was choosing between a pre worshipped 320d LCI prestige and sport line 320d GT.
hurtem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:02   #69
BHPian

Update: sold my 3GT in July of last year after just 21-22k kms on the odo. The low running was majorly due to pandemic and my frequent travel out of India in 2018-19. Sold it directly to a buyer who offered a decent price IMO.

We enJOYed 4 years with our beloved 3GT even though we couldn't drive it as much as we should have.

A couple of months later brought home a brand new Audi A6 Technology. Loving every mile on it. The best part of the car is the suspension. Bad roads don't matter no more.

Will try to post a review soon.

Here are a couple of D-day pics:
What do you replace a Bimmer with? Another Bimmer! My BMW 3-Series GT Diesel EDIT: Sold!-whatsapp-image-20210906-4.10.51-pm-1.jpeg
What do you replace a Bimmer with? Another Bimmer! My BMW 3-Series GT Diesel EDIT: Sold!-whatsapp-image-20210906-4.10.51-pm.jpeg
the_skyliner is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 21:34   #70
BHPian

Congratulations Skyliner!

That's a beautiful choice of color. For a change good to see Beemer owner upgrading to Audi.

Would be keen to hear your thoughts on picking A6 over BMW 5. Also, do share your review on handling as compared to the 2 BMW you owned.
livezero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 15:36   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livezero View Post
Congratulations Skyliner!

That's a beautiful choice of color. For a change good to see Beemer owner upgrading to Audi.

Would be keen to hear your thoughts on picking A6 over BMW 5. Also, do share your review on handling as compared to the 2 BMW you owned.
Thanks!

I will try to put a review together and post it on the forum. However, so far I can say that the suspension is the biggest upgrade that A6 offered over the earlier bimmers. The ride quality is just outstanding.
Old 8th March 2022, 16:36   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
A couple of months later brought home a brand new Audi A6 Technology. Loving every mile on it. The best part of the car is the suspension. Bad roads don't matter no more.
Congratulations again on the A6 buddy. Curious to know how it feels to drive such a powerful FWD setup car after having been through the holy grail of RWD setup and then its touring sibling.

Btw, by any chance did I pass you on the Mumbai-Pune expressway over the Christmas weekend. We were driving back from Mahabaleshwar and I remember seeing a current gen black A6 flashing its lights at our blue A4.

Last edited by manson : 8th March 2022 at 18:50.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 13:50   #73
BHPian

Re: What do you replace a Bimmer with? Another Bimmer! My BMW 3-Series GT Diesel EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Congratulations again on the A6 buddy. Curious to know how it feels to drive such a powerful FWD setup car after having been through the holy grail of RWD setup and then its touring sibling.
Thanks, manson!

It does understeer a lot when pushed hard around corners. Halfway in to the corner if you give full gas in sports mode then it will most likely understeer but it's pretty easy to correct. I admit that I miss the flawless handling of bimmers especially the 320d. It was like driving on rails. But then A6 is a different kind of fun with it's more powerful engine. GB is super smooth and on the spot with the shifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Btw, by any chance did I pass you on the Mumbai-Pune expressway over the Christmas weekend. We were driving back from Mahabaleshwar and I remember seeing a current gen black A6 flashing its lights at our blue A4.
Congratulations! Blue A4 looks hot.

It wasn't me. Mine is blue and not black and I was out with BHPians for a weekend bike ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks