Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2017, 15:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I had a switch bought from Amazon which can be fixed onto a bike handlebar. I routed the power supply to camera and LCD via this switch and fixed it on the gear lever.

Could you post a picture of the switch from the passenger side. How does the clamp look like.
I have an ugly switch for the front camera which i want to replace. Trying to figure out a new location.
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:33   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Could you post a picture of the switch from the passenger side. How does the clamp look like.
I have an ugly switch for the front camera which i want to replace. Trying to figure out a new location.
This is the switch from the other side.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170422_213119.jpg

The link for it - http://www.amazon.in/Generic-Switch-Handle-Electrical-System/dp/B01AXUVODI?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_ =oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd April 2017 at 21:34.
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
This is the switch from the other side.
Thanks. My suggestion - use a rubber sleeve between the clamp and the leather underneath will prevent the leather from getting abraded.

A small circular piece of a discarded tyre tube perhaps.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 11:26   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

My car has a DashCam that is always connected to the only 12V outlet in front. I needed another power source up front for charging phone and other stuff. I am thankful to Mr Parag Sachania for his ever informative thread of adding additional 12V socket as a DIY in his Ertiga. Brezza has only 1 blank fuse which powers on when ignition is in ON mode. I did a DIY yesterday and am pleased with the outcome.

I started by removing the glove-box, cowl around the gear lever and then removing the whole arm-rest. Then I removed the upper part of it which has the cup holders. Then the area in front of the cup holder was chosen and centre marked. Thereafter, I drilled a hole and fashioned it so that the socket fits snugly. The connecting wires of the socket were soldered and covered with electric insulation tape. Fuse box was tapped using a fuse tap and wiring done. Wires were concealed and zip tied to prevent entanglement. The body earth was taken from the screw fixing point of arm-rest. After checking its working, I fixed everything back. It's working like a charm. And I'm happy with the result.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20170423wa0005.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20170423wa0007.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20170423wa0008.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20170423wa0006.jpg

Sorry for not posting more detailed snaps as I was alone doing it and wanted to finish it off before the sun burnt me!!
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 23:07   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Birthday gift to my Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

I have always complained about the poor lights of Brezza. I am using 100/90W with relay in my WagonR and they do the job quite well. So in Brezza, I ended up upgrading the stock headlamps with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 130% for both, the high as well as low beam in stock wattage of 55W. Yes, there was good improvement in the lights, night driving was better but still not up to the mark. There was still scope for improvement. I had been following the thread about XP Micro-Fogs by Dr Naren and that on VBOC Facebook page by Dr Parvez. Then finally, I also bit the bug. During the course of research, I came to know that Xenon Planet are launching 3 inch Micro-Fogs so I waited till they said it's available. Then I ordered and waited for it. I got mine on 29th April and got them installed on 30th April during 3rd free service. I'm yet to test it completely which I hope to do this weekend, still posting snaps for reference. I'll be posting a detailed video by weekend to explain the working.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-1-off.jpg
All lights are off.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-2-drls-.jpg
DRLs on.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-3-micro-low-beam.jpg
Micro Low beams only.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-4-micro-lowhigh-beam.jpg
Micro Low+High beams

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-5-headlight-low-beam.jpg
Only Headlight Low beam

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-6-headlight-lowhigh-beam.jpg
Headlight low+high beam.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-7-headlight-hl-plus-micro-low.jpg
Headlight low+high beam plus Micro low.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-8-headlight-hl-plus-micro-hl.jpg
Headlight low+high beam plus Micro Low+High.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-9-spring.jpg
The solenoid spring that should always point upwards.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-10-.jpg
The ballast and connectors.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-11-closeup.jpg
Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-12-closeup.jpg
Closeup views of 4300K 3 inch Micros.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-wiring.jpg
Wiring as done by me.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-wiring-copy.jpg
Alternate wiring.

Sorry as I do not have any snaps of installation because it was a DIY and I was so engrossed in doing it that I couldn't click any snaps.

I can comment on it's real world improvement only after it is put to test. Lets hope that it does what its intended for. I've attached 2 wiring diagrams as it was not available anywhere nor I was getting any help from any corner regarding it.

A speacial thanks to Dr. Naren and Dr. Parvez (from VBOC) for helping me out.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 23:46   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the wiring diagram . The wiring in my setup is the alternate one as posted by you. The disadvantage is I can't switch off Micro in high beam.

How easy was the installation? Was it a direct fit or you had to some jugaad (cutting fog lamp cover etc) to accommodate the 3 inch Micro?
Old 3rd May 2017, 12:03   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
How easy was the installation? Was it a direct fit or you had to some jugaad (cutting fog lamp cover etc) to accommodate the 3 inch Micro?
Installation was easy considering it was done at MASS. I had fixed the switch earlier and wire was left loose inside the passenger compartment. I'll post the snaps of switch and working in a few days. After the bumper was removed by technician, I got down to fix the fogs. The old ones were fixed using 3 screws, I used the same screws at 2 locations and used a fresh hole for the 3rd screw. Since I was the one doing it, I checked and double checked the angle and fixation prior to any connection, being an Orthpaedician helps with screws and screwdrivers. After I was satisfied, I asked them to fix the ballast, and did the connection myself. Only help I took from electrician was to get the wire from inside the cabin to the engine bay for further connections. After everything was done to my satisfaction, I asked him to fix the bumper by locks only to see the light throw. And it appears I did OK in first try itself.

If you look closely, the fog lamp cover has not been cut anywhere except where I've fixed the DRLs. The 3inch micro fogs are perfect fit. Nothing to do to accommodate them.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 3rd May 2017 at 12:04.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 15:19   #38
BHPian

Whoa! Getting it right the first time is an achievement in itself! Congratulations doc! In the tenth picture of the projectors, the technician chopped off the ends and wired it up directly without using any water proof connectors. That's one of the things that I am not happy with the way it's setup in my car. How did you connect the bulb wires?
Old 5th June 2017, 15:39   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Whoa! Getting it right the first time is an achievement in itself! Congratulations doc! In the tenth picture of the projectors, the technician chopped off the ends and wired it up directly without using any water proof connectors. That's one of the things that I am not happy with the way it's setup in my car. How did you connect the bulb wires?
The only wiring done by technician was that for high beam connection wherein the wires were brought from inside the cabin to engine bay and then power tapped from battery and connected to high beams of Micro-fogs. Everything​ else from fixing the Micro-fogs to connecting them was done by me. The wires were connected and taped using a rubber taping and then I used plastic zip-ties to secure the ends. All other wiring was done by me using scotch-locks. No wires were spliced anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Thanks. What I meant is that if you look at the U shape area where the lights start to beam from, the one on left doesn't seem to be in line with the right and perhaps a bit tilted. It might be just the way the photo was taken, but me and many other BHPians have been trying to get that perfect in our setup
In all probability, it's because of the way snap is taken. I'll again click snaps and see if that's the case but from inside of car, it has no issues. Another thing worth mentioning is that these lights also light up the blind spots on the side of vehicle, basically something like cornering lamps but not that bright. It's better to have some light than to have none.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 5th June 2017 at 15:46.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 16:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
The only wiring done by technician was that for high beam connection wherein the wires were brought from inside the cabin to engine bay and then power tapped from battery and connected to high beams of Micro-fogs. Everything​ else from fixing the Micro-fogs to connecting them was done by me. The wires were connected and taped using a rubber taping and then I used plastic zip-ties to secure the ends. All other wiring was done by me using scotch-locks. No wires were spliced anywhere.
Can you share some pictures? In my setup they used splice connectors against the headlamp's high beam to activate the solenoid. Again not a great fan of that since it won't last. Then, they applied tape over it to try and make it water proof.

Quote:
In all probability, it's because of the way snap is taken. I'll again click snaps and see if that's the case but from inside of car, it has no issues. Another thing worth mentioning is that these lights also light up the blind spots on the side of vehicle, basically something like cornering lamps but not that bright. It's better to have some light than to have none.
Please share the pictures so that we can use it as a comparison. And yes, projectors are meant to do that exact thing... light up the area just off the road. They are such a blessing while driving. I have many time avoided problems due to seeing things ahead.
Old 5th June 2017, 16:50   #41
BHPian

@BoneCollector: In the first page you have mentioned about the footwell lights being useless. Have you tried changing the bulbs to LEDs to improve the illumination? Is it possible without affecting the warranty?
Old 5th June 2017, 16:56   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
@BoneCollector: In the first page you have mentioned about the footwell lights being useless. Have you tried changing the bulbs to LEDs to improve the illumination? Is it possible without affecting the warranty?
I'm on the lookout for their replacement but yet to find the correct ones. Some blue LEDs are available as MGA but I want white ones for practical purposes. I don't want to fiddle with the wiring. Let's see if something good comes up.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 17:20   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I'm on the lookout for their replacement but yet to find the correct ones. Some blue LEDs are available as MGA but I want white ones for practical purposes. I don't want to fiddle with the wiring. Let's see if something good comes up.
Yes, I saw blue ones from MGA as they installed the same to a display vehicle. Honestly, it looked like a dance bar or something. I think if the correct bulb can be sourced from outside, then the technician can easily fit it during any of the services.
Old 7th June 2017, 09:33   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

You fall in love everytime you look at this! 1 year 1 month young!
Attached Thumbnails
Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170607_073237_01_01.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 16:23   #45
BHPian

Thank you for outlining your thought process on the selection in such detail.

I feel I have very similar needs (to replace a WagonR, spacious seating at the back, easy egress for the elderly etc) and I too have narrowed it down to the Brezza, Ecosport and maybe Jazz.

One thing though, one killer feature on the WagonR is where one can drop the rear seats and create a lot of space esp vertically. I recently got a new medium sized cycle for my daughter and it was easy to load it and bring it home. Is something like that possible with Brezza?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks