Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2015, 17:32   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Time for them to start shipping the demo vehicles to a few major cities and commence bookings, what's the delay ?

I am seriously looking at the Titatnium A/T 4WD option.
Old 20th October 2015, 19:18   #122
BHPian

With almost every feature been put in the 2.2 engine, I hope they are not planning to skip the 3.2 counterpart. Else, the fun is definitely out of quotient as our Team Bhp review states.
I hope they launch it with both the engines and give both transmission options in each one of them. They can even start low and price it aggressively covering right from the Rexton/ XUV 100 W10 till the Fortuner and Pajero Sport.
shreyak_ss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 19:39   #123
Senior - BHPian

Looks majestic and really hope Ford price it well like they have done it for so many of their recent launches now. Why does the silver/grey colored car looks as if there are dark black tints on it?
Old 20th October 2015, 20:07   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Am I seeing a manual gearbox and the terrain management system? This seems to be good news for several SUV lovers who want a manual + 4WD
2.2 Manual + 4WD is a good move as long as its not a full time AWD like in 3.2 Variant. I don't think its possible with terrain management system - ( i may be wrong )

I think ford should not limit it to few variants - be it Manual or Automatic

2.2 Ambiente/Trend MT would be ideal for setting the 'starting' price

Manual Transmission

2.2 Titanium 4x2

2.2 Titanium + 4x2

2.2 Titanium 4x4

2.2 Titanium + 4x4

Automatic Transmission

2.2 Titanium 4x2

2.2 Titanium + 4x2

2.2 Titanium 4x4

2.2 Titanium + 4x4

And of course the top of the line 3.2 Titanium + 4x4
Old 21st October 2015, 11:07   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am I seeing a manual gearbox and the terrain management system? This seems to be good news for several SUV lovers who want a manual + 4WD
Both the cars are wearing "2.2 6 Auto" badge. But from the interior shot , the gear appears to be like Manual, though I am not sure.
Is 2.2L+At+4x4 a possible option? As I remember this combo is not available in Thailand or Australia.
Old 21st October 2015, 14:51   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I think ford should not limit it to few variants - be it Manual or Automatic

2.2 Ambiente/Trend MT would be ideal for setting the 'starting' price
Multiple variants are good for the buyer but can be a logistical nightmare for the dealers / seller. I remember someone at Hyundai mention that the dealers complained due to an N number of options + colours available on the i20 at a time. That is the exact reason that Hyundai have limited the number of variants now. In the same context, I think Ford might offer 3-5 variants in total. My guess would be:
Ambiente or Trend: 4x2 2.2L MT + AT,
Ambiente or Trend: 4x4 2.2L MT
Titanium: 4x2 2.2L AT
Titanium+: 4x4 3.2L AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Both the cars are wearing "2.2 6 Auto" badge. But from the interior shot , the gear appears to be like Manual, though I am not sure.
How did you manage to see the 2.2 6 Auto badge on both the trucks? Silver, yes but I couldn't see it clearly on the maroon one.

Quote:
Is 2.2L+At+4x4 a possible option? As I remember this combo is not available in Thailand or Australia.
The Malaysian Ford Ranger is sold in this configuration. So, I'm sure it is possible on the Endeavour as well. Although, I don't see the point of this configuration.
Old 21st October 2015, 15:05   #127
BHPian

Quote:
...... and looks like the terrain response system dial next / below the gear shift lever
Old 21st October 2015, 15:08   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
For those who have had the experience of owning ford vehicles in India. How is the quality of service in the dealership service centres and availability of spares ?
We have had three Ford vehicles (2 Ikons, and 1 Fiesta - now Classic), and the last time I went to get the car serviced - I had no complaints!

Compared to the Toyota service: Toyota is quicker, but their service staff need to be pulled up every once in a while. Have had to wait for parts for the Corolla, or they have been unable to diagnose an issue to perfection.

Compared to Skoda: Lets not get there shall we! Skoda made us wait for replacement door rubber linings of all the things. Each visit requires a follow up visit. The one time we had to wait for Ford to send across a part, the service center was nice enough to send across a formal letter apologizing for the delay, unlike Skoda where you have to continuously follow up!

Heck the Fiesta was a gem of a vehicle! Longest we have ever kept a car for - 98,000kms when we sold it. With multiple drivers towards the end of its tenure, it did a fantastic job. Suspension lasted longer than the Skoda Laura's, Clutch lasted twice as long as the Octavia's, fewer rattles, etc.
Yes - it wasn't perfect and it did give a few teething issues (1.4 TDCi engine check light that has been widely covered, A.C. packed up in the initial days, and small issues such as power window switches and such) - but nothing that really stood out in the new wave of German competition.

It isn't a Toyota as far as reliability is concerned, but definitely above average!
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:36   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How did you manage to see the 2.2 6 Auto badge on both the trucks? Silver, yes but I couldn't see it clearly on the maroon one.

The Malaysian Ford Ranger is sold in this configuration. So, I'm sure it is possible on the Endeavour as well. Although, I don't see the point of this configuration.
Expand/zoom in the 3rd image of red Endy which RavenAvi posted. Its clear that Red color one also is an Auto transmission.
Old 21st October 2015, 15:42   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Expand/zoom in the 3rd image of red Endy which RavenAvi posted. Its clear that Red color one also is an Auto transmission.
Sure, there is a badge on the outside saying 2.2 and 6 but below 6 is 'AUTO' visible on the red / maroon car? It is clearly visible on the silver car but on the red? I'm quite sure it is not. Also, if you see the interior image of the red car, the gear lever seems like a manual. But I could be wrong.
Old 21st October 2015, 16:46   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, there is a badge on the outside saying 2.2 and 6 but below 6 is 'AUTO' visible on the red / maroon car? It is clearly visible on the silver car but on the red? I'm quite sure it is not. Also, if you see the interior image of the red car, the gear lever seems like a manual. But I could be wrong.
But why would one portray 6 speed Manual transmission? That too in a 25lac car when it can be found in cheaper hatchbacks as well.To me it is either fake badging or the gear is actually Auto!
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 17:14   #132
BHPian

Quote:
It is possible and already available in Indonesia.

http://www.ford.co.id/en/suvs/all-ne.../models#step=1

Quote:
But why would one portray 6 speed Manual transmission? That too in a 25lac car when it can be found in cheaper hatchbacks as well.To me it is either fake badging or the gear is actually Auto!
I think majority of SUV lovers prefer Manual, if available.

It could be a 2.2 6 'speed' badging for MT. Badging on AT is 2.2 6 'auto'

its indeed manual transmission on the maroon one.

The same gear lever was spotted on some spy shots from Australia. See pics from 12-19

http://www.motoring.com.au/CarGaller...tos&mode=popup

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd October 2015 at 09:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:45   #133
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 2016 Ford Endeavour has been caught fully undisguised by the Powerdrift team.

[CENTERAttachment 1429462

[/center]

PowerDrift
The badging seems to suggest a 6-speed AT with a 2.2 Ltr engine? Priced well, this should be a great alternative to the (expensive) Fortuner and the Pajero Sport as well.
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:45   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I think majority of SUV lovers prefer Manual, if available.
With regard to the big SUV manufacturers in India specifically - Toyota, Mitsubishi, Ford and I'd grudgingly add Chevy (I can't stand the trailblazer) - I wonder if they consider their market the manual loving SUV enthusiasts or the automatic loving urban businessmen. I might be off the mark on this one, but I suspect its the latter.

On a separate note, I'm an automatic guy and discussions on my preferences usually end with me being shamed for not being a 'true' enthusiast; I'm okay with that inditement, as long as I'm happy with my choices - which I definitely am !

Hoping to book the 2.2 Titanium AT on launch
reihem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 23:39   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
With regard to the big SUV manufacturers in India specifically - Toyota, Mitsubishi, Ford and I'd grudgingly add Chevy (I can't stand the trailblazer) - I wonder if they consider their market the manual loving SUV enthusiasts or the automatic loving urban businessmen. I might be off the mark on this one, but I suspect its the latter.

On a separate note, I'm an automatic guy and discussions on my preferences usually end with me being shamed for not being a 'true' enthusiast; I'm okay with that inditement, as long as I'm happy with my choices - which I definitely am !

Hoping to book the 2.2 Titanium AT on launch
Provided they price it right. Chevy anyway has got it all wrong. They are on a different tangent...they want to compete with themselves rather than others as to how fewer vehicles can be sold compared to last year. If Ford plays their cards right and launch it maybe in Jan 2016 they might also get a lot of Hyundai Creta Automatic customers coming to them as waiting period for Automatic has gone upto 8 months, and I am sure by spending an additional 2-3L customers would see the value for money in the Ford. Lets see its a wait and watch game who would want to be the true market leader.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed