Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:06   #586
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
We are in the same line I think Which Figo you are going for ? I just booked my 1.2 P Trend.
Since the dealer didn't have the Figo A/T I drove the Aspire A/T. I did check out the Figo titanium in the showroom and honestly I was disappointed. Ford has killed the Ford DNA from the new Figo and that was a deal breaker for me. The build was like Maruti! What is Ford thinking?!
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:11   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
...Ford has killed the Ford DNA from the new Figo and that was a deal breaker for me. The build was like Maruti! What is Ford thinking?!
Wow, we are thinking in the opposite poles then
I had a Fiesta 1.6 and I found the new Figo interiors much better and premium overall, including the design concept. If I have to pick a hatch-back right now purely on the design part, I would prefer Figo as the 1st option. Not forgetting the other features added to it.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:19   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
have "booked" a 3.2L Titanium in Black. Have been assured an early February delivery.
Have been given this on road price calculation by my dealer:
Cost Of the Car 28,69,635
Insurance 1,31,000
Road Tax + RTO 5,74,438
Essential Kit (Floor Mat & Cargo Liner) 8,000
3rd Year Extended Warranty 20,494
Handling Charges 10,000
Total 36,13,567

I will get my own insurance and not agree for the handling charges.

Also looks like my booking got "official", I got an email from Ford with the subject "Get ready to bring your Ford Endeavour home". The email congratulates me on my new Endeavour and welcomes me to the Ford family. The email is signed by Anurag Mehrotra, Executive Director – Marketing, Sales and Service.
indusboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:41   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have been given this on road price calculation by my dealer:
Cost Of the Car 28,69,635
Insurance 1,31,000
Road Tax + RTO 5,74,438
Essential Kit (Floor Mat & Cargo Liner) 8,000
3rd Year Extended Warranty 20,494
Handling Charges 10,000
Total 36,13,567
That's ridiculous. Wonder how they arrive at such moronic insurance quotes. First year insurance with all possible add ons costed me 68 k for the 3 series with an ex-showroom price of 31L. How can they ask for 1.3L for the Ford then.

Have they agreed to knock off the handling charges?

Also the essential kit looks like a loot too. You will get great quality stuff for less prices outside.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:44   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Hello everyone,
My dealer says that if I opt for the third year extended warranty coverage,the the kilometres covered would reduce to 80,000Km i.e. its either 2years/1,00,000Km or 3years/80,000km.I feel that this is a bit odd,Can someone else confirm this?
If so then is it worth the 20,500INR? because my family's usage is pretty high,our Fortune has already clocked about 70,000Km in less than two and a half years,so for me it works out as 20,500INR for a 6 month extension in warranty.
Wow ! Standard warranty is just for 2 years ? and Extended warranty for just 1 more year is Rs20,500 ? Thats quite steep. Could you share what is the similar pricing for a Fortuner ? Given that warranties anyway come with so many riders, I wonder why Ford can't offer a 4 year 1 or 1.5 Lakh warranty ? I hope all prospective buyers consider this as well if your usage is going to be high.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:47   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Have they agreed to knock off the handling charges?

Also the essential kit looks like a loot too. You will get great quality stuff for less prices outside.
On the handling charges - I have made my decision clear to the sales rep, he is going to get back to me.

Not sure about the essential kit - I will first take a look at the quality of the stuff and then decide.
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:13   #592
BHPian

Quote:
On the handling charges - I have made my decision clear to the sales rep, he is going to get back to me.

Not sure about the essential kit - I will first take a look at the quality of the stuff and then decide.
Can you mention the handling charges and contents of the essential kit please
Old 22nd January 2016, 14:48   #593
BHPian

Quote:
I went with my heart, so Endy it is!

Checked out the vehicle in the flesh today and have "booked" a 3.2L Titanium in Black. Have been assured an early February delivery.
Which dealer have you booked with? I went ti Metro Ford and they said 3-4 months for 3.2 Titanium Black
Old 22nd January 2016, 14:56   #594
Senior - BHPian

I just received an official invitation for the Endeavour launch at Taj Residency and the cocktail dinner tonight. I am not sure of going for it because it's a last minute intimation for my schedule.

I wish if they had send the invitation atleast few days beforehand.
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:51   #595
BHPian

I went to Metro Ford on St. Marks Road on 20th and was told that they have the car on display only in Palace Road showroom. Went over to Palace Road showroom and found that the demo car has no working battery. Hence the car could not be "turned on". The display and the electrical functions like seat adjustment and rear door were not functioning.

Nevertheless spoke to a Sales person called Panduranga and he assured to call me back once they get the prices and other details. He promised to arrange a test drive but was non committal and could not commit the delivery date either. He never called back.

After a few follow up calls today to him he finally stated that the delivery for 3.2 Titanium would be 4-5 months.

Perhaps I should speak to other dealers in Bangalore as Metro Ford seem least interested in following up or committing anything.
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:20   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Which dealer have you booked with? I went ti Metro Ford and they said 3-4 months for 3.2 Titanium Black
I booked with Metro Ford, but this was earlier this month - on 6th Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Can you mention the handling charges and contents of the essential kit please
The quoted handling charges are 10K.

The essential kit contains Mats & Cargo Liner - haven't seen them, so don't know what it means and the quality of these items. Will take a call on this later.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd January 2016 at 18:00. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:54   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The quoted handling charges are 10K.
They are charging around 6250 even for a Figo, so is it not a reasonable figure for a vehicle 5 to 6 times the cost ? Just curious
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:26   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
They are charging around 6250 even for a Figo, so is it not a reasonable figure for a vehicle 5 to 6 times the cost ? Just curious
hi all,
just got the price list of SURAT.
My deep concern is , Dealer quoted 111000+18700=128700/-INR (for zero dep.) insurance for Ford endeavour which costs 32L.
Is it compulsory to buy insurance from dealer?
Even my 2013 BMW 520d had a 108000/- zero dep first insurance(which covered tyres plus alloys , loss of key ,hydrostatic locks etc.).
Whys dealer ripping us off?
How can we raise this issue to HIGHER LVL FORD OFFICIALS?
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:38   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
hi all,
My deep concern is , Dealer quoted 111000+18700=128700/-INR (for zero dep.) insurance for Ford endeavour which costs 32L.
Even my 2013 BMW 520d had a 108000/- zero dep first insurance(which covered tyres plus alloys , loss of key ,hydrostatic locks etc.).
Whys dealer ripping us off?
How can we raise this issue to HIGHER LVL FORD OFFICIALS?
Dealer's insurance always has a huge margin built in. Just say NO to their insurance strongly and get it done outside. They cannot force you on this
Old 23rd January 2016, 00:01   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
hi all,
Hello, Please do not go ahead no matter what the dealer says, Just clearly tell them you'll arrange the insurance from outside and will then forward it to the dealer for the vehicle registration, That quote from dealer is day light robbery. If they do not agree, Simply ask them to cancel the booking! I had to do the same while purchasing my XUV, the dealer had quoted me 75k for the zero dep policy, I got the same from outside for 36k.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 23rd January 2016 at 00:01. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed