Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2016, 16:05   #466
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
The car is placed with Bhavna Ford at Nerul, Navi Mumbai. I guess they'll soup it up right before the launch.

Interesting that you asked, SuperFlyBoy, I didn't get to see the bonnet much from the driving position. My reference is the Scorpio, where I get to see a lot of the bonnet real estate. Maybe it's because the windshield is squatter and the seats may not be really high. Mind you, when you are getting into the car, you'll know it's a tall car. One needs to climb in.
Didn't seem very high to me when I saw the test vehicle. (As compared to my Safari)

In fact, it sits quite low to the ground.

Just kind of grossed out by the two-tone gray (masquerading as silver or metal) / (red) paint job at front/rear as well. That combined with the beige interior is really not "floating my boat", so to speak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The Chennai dealer is of the opinion that there is going to be a long waiting list, at least in Tamil Nadu. Due to the upcoming elections, politicians are expected to corner most of the allocation in Chennai through back-door methods. The Endeavor must be the ideal vehicle for campaigning in rural and hilly areas, some of which, I guess, would only be visited once in 5 years to seek votes when elections come!
I guess people will "eat up" anything new, being deprived of real quality products at affordable prices here - why wouldn't they go for a Range Rover or something of that caliber?

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 17th January 2016 at 16:09. Reason: Syntax, grammar
Old 17th January 2016, 19:23   #467
BANNED

^A politician driving a RangeRover will grab a lot of attention. (read: unwanted attention from public) As a Range Rover is 10 times more expensive than a Endy.
Old 17th January 2016, 21:32   #468
BHPian

Guys any idea what the top speed is of the 3.2 is. I tried google but unable to find the info. The speedometer is maxed out at 200 kmph. Will the new Endeavour reach 170 or not?
Old 17th January 2016, 21:42   #469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I guess people will "eat up" anything new, being deprived of real quality products at affordable prices here - why wouldn't they go for a Range Rover or something of that caliber?
The Endeavour and the Fortuner both are expected to be well under 40 lakhs. Worse case maybe touch 40.

Which Range Rover or Land Rover is available under 50 lakhs? Even the new Land Rover Discovery Sport is 47-48 lakhs ex showroom. This is the entry level one.

Sadly we don't get the same feature set as international markets for various reasons. But you have to see that the Endeavour is a huge leap vs what is there in the market now.

The current Fortuner holds the top most place for many years selling 1000+ month on month. In comparison to that the Endeavour looks like comparing an S class with a Maruti.

The 3.2L will most likely see lower numbers but I think the 2.2 MT and AT will do really well. The Trend variant in 2.2 MT will hold the value card whereas the Titanium AT 2.2 2WD will have massive appeal to urban folks who don't need the 4WD system.

The 4X4 will most likely see very limited appeal for the enthusiasts and the true adventure seekers.
Old 17th January 2016, 22:33   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Guys any idea what the top speed is of the 3.2 is. I tried google but unable to find the info. The speedometer is maxed out at 200 kmph. Will the new Endeavour reach 170 or not?

Definitely more than 170 as the Fortuner does a shade over 180 on the speedometer.

Drive Safe
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 22:42   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
^A politician driving a RangeRover will grab a lot of attention. (read: unwanted attention from public) As a Range Rover is 10 times more expensive than a Endy.
Hmm...do they really care? I gather they do, then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
But you have to see that the Endeavour is a huge leap vs what is there in the market now.
Yes, this is what I was also pointing out as far as safety equipment goes.

Toyota claims "safety", but actually does the opposite.

This vehicle is one of a very few that I have seen here that will meet Western norms - which is why it had such a high rating in the ANCAP crash testing - and they have (probably? I hope!) replicated that here in India.

Posting photographs of 2 angles of the rear bumper (driver's side) - with a *real metal crossmember across the length of the bumper cover. (The silver plastic)
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-newendeavourunderrearbumper-15jan2016.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-newendeavourunderrearbumper2-15jan2016.jpg  

SuperFlyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 22:51   #472
BHPian

Here is the mid-2015 Fortuner's rear protection. (Or lack thereof)

Having said (and shown this), I might still get one if I can get the aftermarket rear crossmember from Thailand, despite its' flaws.

Also note that Toyota doesn't even bother to place the inner plastic inserts (liners) into the wheel wheels (as does the Endeavour at the moment) to protect the steel panels - all probably in order to save money - and maximize the "looting" of the customer...
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-mid2015-fortunerrearbumpercoveronly.jpg  

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 17th January 2016 at 22:57. Reason: Clarity...
Old 18th January 2016, 09:20   #473
BHPian

Ford Everest v Toyota Fortuner v Land Rover Discovery v Jeep Cherokee | Drive Car of the Year 2015

Zenster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 09:47   #474
BANNED

Today the official pricing of the car is to be released. Isn't it? Was posted here that two days before the launch the pricing was supposed to be released.
Old 18th January 2016, 10:06   #475
BHPian

Had a quick test drive on 3.2L AT @ MODY FORD, hyderabad for around 4 kms. Coming from Ecosport AT, gear shifting is similar. No reach for steering. disk brakes on all four wheels. Lots of nice touches like auto closing trunk door. Approximately 2.2l starts around 24Lakhs and 3.2l by 32Lakhs. Only 10 vehicles are coming for them initially. Also all these are CKD kits from South Africa as per the SA.
Old 18th January 2016, 10:22   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

The 3.2L will most likely see lower numbers but I think the 2.2 MT and AT will do really well. The Trend variant in 2.2 MT will hold the value card whereas the Titanium AT 2.2 2WD will have massive appeal to urban folks who don't need the 4WD system.

The 4X4 will most likely see very limited appeal for the enthusiasts and the true adventure seekers.
I am quite sure there would be quite a lot 3.2 Titanium atleast in metro's. Panoromic sunroof would definitely attract a lot of buyers even though it would cost 4-5 lacs more than 2.2 Titanium. The tier 2 and tier 3 cities would see more of 2.2L Endeavours.
It's a good strategy by Ford by not offering Panormic roof with 2.2L, which would have otherwise cannibalised 3.2 Titanium sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Today the official pricing of the car is to be released. Isn't it? Was posted here that two days before the launch the pricing was supposed to be released.
The official prices shall be out during the day of launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank View Post
Had a quick test drive on 3.2L AT @ MODY FORD, hyderabad for around 4 kms. Coming from Ecosport AT, gear shifting is similar. No reach for steering. disk brakes on all four wheels. Lots of nice touches like auto closing trunk door. Approximately 2.2l starts around 24Lakhs and 3.2l by 32Lakhs. Only 10 vehicles are coming for them initially. Also all these are CKD kits from South Africa as per the SA.
Unlikely that the CKD units are coming from South Africa. As I know Ford is not manufacturing Endeavour yet in South Africa. If there would be a long queue waiting or not depends on the pricing. I am pretty sure that the waiting would vanish if Ford decides to price endeavour at a premium.
Old 18th January 2016, 11:48   #477
BANNED

Quote:
32 Lakhs Exshowroom? ru kidding me? That would put the car at 40 lakhs OTR. Surely they have missed the trick I'd say then. Last time they got the price right for the endy, but lacked looks and performance, this time they got the latter right and former wrong. Ford would never learn from their mistakes seems like it. In India brand matters a LOT. 40 lakhs you'd probably see 75% buyers opt for the entry level Audi q3 or merc GLA.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 18th January 2016 at 11:58.
Old 18th January 2016, 13:39   #478
BHPian

Agree on the brand value. The risk for customer is going to be high with a higher priced model from Ford since the resale value might not be as good as a Toyota (i think ecosport fares better in resale but not sure).

Meanwhile, my car lease company is still insisting that i should look at a Toyota -- he says in the worse case that i lose my job or decide to quit (during a 3 or 5 year lease, which i asked him to clarify) he says selling a toyota and settling the money would be easier than a Ford. I hope Ford considers all these while pricing the car. A friend, who is a used car dealer based out of kerala also mentions that how much ever the gadgets etc. available in the American cars, japanese cars got better resale, he was also mentioning how popular maruti and toyota are in the used car market. So, i am a little worried and confused about the choices.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 18th January 2016 at 13:42.
Old 18th January 2016, 15:10   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Approximately 2.2l starts around 24Lakhs and 3.2l by 32Lakhs.
Wow 3.2 starting from 32 lakhs for trend then titanium would be 36 or 37 lakhs ex-showroom . looks like its goodbye to my plans for purchasing my first Ford
Old 18th January 2016, 16:05   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Meanwhile, my car lease company is still insisting that i should look at a Toyota -- he says in the worse case that i lose my job or decide to quit (during a 3 or 5 year lease, which i asked him to clarify) he says selling a toyota and settling the money would be easier than a Ford. I hope Ford considers all these while pricing the car. A friend, who is a used car dealer based out of kerala also mentions that how much ever the gadgets etc. available in the American cars, japanese cars got better resale, he was also mentioning how popular maruti and toyota are in the used car market. So, i am a little worried and confused about the choices.
Unfortunately, this is a fact - and I also have to agree and sympathize with you as well, as I am in the same boat...

Since I put very low mileage on my cars, wouldn't a lease be a better option - can anyone point me to a thread/websites for auto leasing here? TIA!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 18th January 2016 at 16:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks