Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2016, 18:25   #391
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Wasan Ford in Mumbai claims they do not even have a service vehicle.

Figures - given my experience with their Tata sales division!

Does anyone know if any Mumbai dealers have one to look at? I want to see the driving position, as the (current) Fortuner is downright dangerous, imo.
Old 9th January 2016, 20:34   #392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
This tyre size is also available in Bridgestone ( Duler HT).

Found them on: tyresonwheels.com
But isn't it available in india?The website is down now. I spoke to a tyre dealer, he told me those tyres are not available in india.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Isn't it 6 speed Gearbox ?
It is. But the initial gear shift is so slow, Unless you get to the 3rd gear. Which is a rare in city traffic these days. (Hyd, Banglore) I have personally driven the vehicle. I guess I'm lucky to have first hands on this car, and the gear shifting is not good for the first three gears. Another important factor everyone will know later is when in sports mode, you need to shift down for the gear to go up...i didn't find that good at all. :\

@Sknair, LMAO come on no-one would give this car a second look if it is priced at 40 lakhs. It is reaching the Audi q3 and the new BMW x1 range that way.

Note from Support: Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE+ button) when quoting and responding to two posts together. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th January 2016 at 09:40.
Old 9th January 2016, 20:45   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
But isn't it available in india?The website is down now. I spoke to a tyre dealer, he told me those tyres are not available in india.
Sorry the website was www.tyreonindia.com. just rechecked and its still showing.

Maybe it's not Made in India and imported as its not showing on Bridgestone India website.
Old 10th January 2016, 00:15   #394
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this video, And i am mighty impressed!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 10:07   #395
BHPian

Hi,
I've heard that the first few hundred cars will be completely assembled imports untill Ford starts assembling them here.Can anyone confirm this?
Old 10th January 2016, 10:35   #396
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Hi,
I've heard that the first few hundred cars will be completely assembled imports untill Ford starts assembling them here.Can anyone confirm this?
All the cars are CKU. The delay in launch is due to the flooding in chennai where Ford is assembling these kits from.

CBU is gonna cost a bomb for Ford, which is 140% duty. That will make the first 100 cars cost 50 lakh plus each. Who would buy those first 100 cars then? Please don't believe in rumours without thinking about its practicality.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 10th January 2016 at 10:37.
Old 10th January 2016, 12:12   #397

Has anyone seen/driven/test-driven the New Ford Endeavor in NCR as yet? Also, any word on whether Ford will launch the vehicle in these parts given the stay from NGT on registrations for diesel vehicles above 2000cc?
Old 10th January 2016, 23:38   #398
BHPian

The hoardings across parts of Mumbai, mention a Jan launch (despite the chennai flood), the dealers cars are to come in this week was informed. But 3.2 as mentioned on the previous page with an OTR of 40 for a FORD? Hopefully Ford will put all rumours on pricing to rest, with sensible pricing of under 25 for the 2.2 and 30 for the 3.2.
Old 11th January 2016, 06:09   #399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

@Sknair, LMAO come on no-one would give this car a second look if it is priced at 40 lakhs. It is reaching the Audi q3 and the new BMW x1 range that way.

An Endeavour and a Q3 / X1 are altogether different animals. And each will have its own customer.

For the better part of Q4 2015 as far as I know you could buy a 3 series or X1 cheaper than a Toyota Camry hybrid. Yet, each one sold to its target audience. I for one wouldn't be surprised if the new Endy is in nodding distance of 40L on road. They may choose not to do it of course but if they do it shouldn't be a surprise. After all, the existing T-Fort is 34+ on road in Bbay and this is so much more in direct comparison. A 4-5 lakh premium over the existing top of line T Fort would not be inconceivable although they could well keep it tight and stay within not more than 2 lakh over the Fortuner.
Old 11th January 2016, 14:56   #400
BANNED

^Still, Axe77 no buyer would look at FORD.. 40 lakh and above is premium plus market in india. And buyers in India 80% of them don't buy the car based on its engine, but for its brand. ford will be sitting ducks if they price this 40 lakhs OTR trust me.

existing fortuner is 32.2 without the accessories in Hyd and 40k more in banglore for the top end 4x4. Mumbai scene i do not know, may be due to octroi the price might be higher. I guess Ford cannot go past 35 lakhs for this car to get any customers now, main reason is they are coming out of a dead and buried ford endy which turned out to be the biggest flop of the entire SUV fleet in the market...come on people, Ford do not have the kind of reputation neither the customer base like TOYOTA or even Hyundai has to dictate prices. May be they could increase the pricing of this endy once it is successful rather than give a price and ask it take it or leave it..they just can't afford that anymore buddy. with the new fortuner being launched only in 2017 Ford has a fantastic opportunity to grab a big chunk of the market share if they price this perfectly than losing the battle yet again!!

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 11th January 2016 at 15:01.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:14   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

There are 6 variants and there is a significant step up in equipment and features from one variant to another. I have tried to estimate the differences between variants and the corresponding pricing steps to make price differential meaningful based on what is being added or deleted variant to variant.
  1. 2.2 4X2 MT Trend to 2.2 4X2 AT Trend --> Addition of Automatic Transmission (Add around Rs. 1.5 Lakhs)
  2. 2.2 4X2 AT Trend to 2.2 4X4 MT Trend --> Deletion of automatic transmission but addition of significant amount of 4X4 gear (Add around Rs. 2 Lakhs)
  3. 2.2 4X4 MT Trend to 3.2 4X4 AT Trend -> Major upgrade to top of the line engine and transmission (Add Rs. 2 Lakhs)
  4. 3.2 4X4 AT Trend to 2.2 4X2 AT Titanium --> Smaller engine and removal of 4X4 but addition of various Titanium level features like parking assist etc. May not be a major pricing step, I expect the pricing to be on par)
  5. 2.2 4X2 AT Titanium to 3.2 4X4 AT Titanium --> Addition of larger engine and 4X4 features (Add at least Rs. 3 Lakhs here)

To make variant pricing meaningful for the customers and recoup costs of added equipment in each variant, Ford will need to have a Rs. 8.5 Lakh price difference between the lowest and highest variants. My prediction is, the base variant will start at Rs. 22 Lakhs ex-showroom and top variant will be Rs. 30.5 Lakhs ex-showroom.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 15:29   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
My prediction is, the base variant will start at Rs. 22 Lakhs ex-showroom and top variant will be Rs. 30.5 Lakhs ex-showroom.
My prediction is that the base version (Ex Showroom) will start at 20L, if not slightly lower as a marketing gimmick to get the crowds in - this could also be an "introductory" pricing. With the top end (Ex Showroom) around 30L.

9 days to go, so our wait is not that long
Old 11th January 2016, 16:07   #403
BANNED

^And my guess would be 29 lakhs ex showroom for the high end variant. Anything above ford is surely not gonna make numbers based on their history and track record. Ford are Yet to succeed in india with a 20 lakh+ car/suv. Failed badly with both endy and mondeo.
Old 11th January 2016, 17:07   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^And my guess would be 29 lakhs ex showroom for the high end variant. Anything above ford is surely not gonna make numbers based on their history and track record. Ford are Yet to succeed in india with a 20 lakh+ car/suv. Failed badly with both endy and mondeo.
Well the Endeavour is not a failure though it might not be highly successful model. Endeavour has a good reputation in India and did sell in good numbers until Toyota launched Fortuner. I would consider Endeavour as moderately successful vehicle!
29lacs ex-showroom price Bangalore would be just perfect for the top spec Endeavour. Given that Endeavour offers more comfort and lot more equipment than Fortuner, 2 lacs premium is justified!
Old 11th January 2016, 18:54   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
My prediction is that the base version (Ex Showroom) will start at 20L, if not slightly lower as a marketing gimmick to get the crowds in - this could also be an "introductory" pricing. With the top end (Ex Showroom) around 30L.

9 days to go, so our wait is not that long
I tend to agree with you. Rs 19.99L ex showroom for the 4X2 Trend is what Ford could look at - but again, we are not privy to what exactly Ford wants to achieve out of this model. Are they trying to sell 800-1000 numbers per month ? If not, and their target is only say 300-500 numbers, they should be able to achieve that even with a slightly higher pricing.

Now on top of the above, if we bring in the Delhi judgement, Ford has to achieve whatever they target from markets other than Delhi. So will they try to go for the aggressive pricing ? They can because , unlike the Fortuner which has a history of a listed price ( which Toyota may not want to reduce lest affect the brand ), for Ford its a clean slate. So they can afford to deeply undercut the Fortuner. They should do that and then once sales pick up and if the Delhi judgement is revised, they can always start increasing prices.

Too bad I am not in the market for another SUV
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks