Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2015, 16:05   #301
rbp
BHPian

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-399366.aspx

Autocar review of the new Endy
Old 29th December 2015, 16:18   #302
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

There is new Endeavour lying at the Ford Dealership (Rasoolpura Junction) in Hyderabad. Any idea if they are allowing people to get a look at the car. Hope the car is reasonably priced

By the way Ecosport does look like a baby Endy, except that it has spare on the tailgate.
Old 29th December 2015, 19:29   #303
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
8) Claimed mileage is
2.2 4x2(MT/AT) - 14.12kmpl
2.2 4x4(MT) - 12.62kmpl
3.2 4x4(AT) - 10.91kmpl
i think its

2.2 4x2 MT & 4x4 MT - 14.12kmpl

2.2 4x2 (AT) - 12.62kmpl

3.2 4x4(AT) - 10.91kmpl

4x4 variants are full time 4 wheel drive, not sure how come the mileage figures are same for both 2.2 4x2 MT & 4x4 MT
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-ford.jpg  

Last edited by LionX : 29th December 2015 at 19:34.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 21:48   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

2.2 4X4 MT Trend seems to be a very well rounded variant. Most features I am looking for like leather upholstery, dual zone climate control, rear camera, ESP (important for such a high vehicle), all 4X4 features like low range gearing, terrain response management and hill descent control, responsive manual transmission (rather than a sluggish auto box), decent power and torque and ability to create WiFi Hotspot inside!

It appears as the second lowest variant in the spec sheet, so I hope it gets an advantage pricing wise as well. I hope the pricing will be 4X2 MT< 4X4 MT < 4X2 AT. If the range starts at 22 L ex-showroom and the variant above is around 24 L, there is a decent chance of wrapping it up close to 29L on road.

My Ecosport Titanium TDCI (O) is 30 months old. Absolute pleasure to own- zero issues other than some rattling here and there, service experience has been outstanding and routine maintenance costs have been quite low. Seriously considering now to upgrade within the Ford family to the Endeavor, versus going in for a slightly used BMW 3. Any advise/inputs most welcome.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 29th December 2015 at 21:57.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 09:22   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
It is the beige interior for India. Just saw the vehicle. However, the stitched leather on the dashboard is Tan Brown
Thanks!

Not to enthused about beige - too difficult to keep clean.

However, features are very promising - the question is when I will be able to inspect one on a lift to see what protection (skid plates) for the tranny and other parts is present.

Also, whether it actually has a real bumper like the Storme - unlike the Fortuner, which has absolutely no protection in the rear.

Pricing is also important - any idea of price for the top level 4x4 3.2 Titanium?

Edited to Add: Also noting that exterior blue paint not going to be offered in India!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 30th December 2015 at 09:25.
Old 30th December 2015, 09:35   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar's detailed review is up:

Drive Excerpt

Quote:
The first thing you notice as you get off the line is the effortless and light electric steering. And for a car that weighs two tonnes, the Endeavour is shockingly easy to manoeuvre around even in heavy traffic. The 2.2-litre engine, although the smaller option available, is the quicker to respond, producing 158bhp and 38kgm of pulling power. It also feels more relaxed and light on its feet at speed and in everyday city driving, the difference between the two engines is not really noticeable. That said, the 197bhp, 48kgm 3.2-litre unit does provide a lot more bite. The bigger engine is slower to pick up speed but is deceptively quick even in part throttle situations. And it really takes off as you dig your right foot deeper; the car sprints to 100kph in 11.33 sec. This places it right in between the slower Fortuner and the faster Trailblazer. The 3.2 does sound quite strained when pushed hard though. This is despite the fact that Ford uses noise cancellation (playing opposing sounds through the speakers) tech to keep out engine noise. The bigger disappointment though, is the gearbox. The six-speed automatic finds it really difficult to keep up with the engine and is often slow to react; the triptronic function does improve things though. Drive it with a patient foot, and it should be not that big a problem.

The new Endeavour is clearly aiming for the top. It is the most modern of the crop of traditional SUVs, it has the most luxurious interiors and the new steering and suspension make it a joy to drive, both at low and at high speeds. The Endeavour is also likely to deliver a lot of car for the money. Prices are expected to start at the Rs 24-lakh mark for the 2.2 litre 4x2 manual and stretch till Rs 30 lakh for the top-end 3.2-litre 4x4 automatic Titanium. What really makes it worth waiting for is the fact that it delivers a unique mix of performance, luxury and practicality. And with so many versions and options available, it's more than likely you'll find the right one for you.

Source: Autocar
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 09:55   #307
BHPian

I am actually confused now. Between Fortuner, Pajero Sport & the new Endeavour, which one offers better space for all passengers ? Is it pajero sport - best, fortuner - good, endeavour - average

Though not in comparison, Storme seems to have the largest sitting area for the front and middle row passengers.

Would like to hear from t-bhp on your opinion.
Old 30th December 2015, 10:24   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I am actually confused now. Between Fortuner, Pajero Sport & the new Endeavour, which one offers better space for all passengers ? Is it pajero sport - best, fortuner - good, endeavour - average

Though not in comparison, Storme seems to have the largest sitting area for the front and middle row passengers.

Would like to hear from t-bhp on your opinion.
I did get a chance to sit inside the car and the space is awesome. I do sit in Fortuner often and Endeavour beats that hands down. The feel is quiet plush when you sit inside an Endeavour. During my recent trip to the US, i used a Ford Explorer extensively and the feel i got in this car was almost the same. IMHO, Ford would take the pie here between the two(fortuner & Endy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

My Ecosport Titanium TDCI (O) is 30 months old. Absolute pleasure to own- zero issues other than some rattling here and there, service experience has been outstanding and routine maintenance costs have been quite low. Seriously considering now to upgrade within the Ford family to the Endeavor, versus going in for a slightly used BMW 3. Any advise/inputs most welcome.
Going for a new Endeavour would be a wiser option than a used BMW 3. The related cost of BMW maintainance will be higher than that of FOrd plus, Ford has a habit of throwing in at least 3yrs, 1lac kms warranty for almost all its new launches. If endy carries the same, it would give you a lot of peace of mind

Last edited by Zappo : 7th January 2016 at 18:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 30th December 2015, 10:35   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The bigger disappointment though, is the gearbox. The six-speed automatic finds it really difficult to keep up with the engine and is often slow to react; the triptronic function does improve things though. Drive it with a patient foot, and it should be not that big a problem.
ARAI fuel consumption figures for 2.2 4x2 MT & 4x4 MT is 14.12 Km/l - then why not a Titanium MT variant ? ( Mileage + Engine response + Features ) - would have been a great choice (Value for Money) for enthusiasts
Old 30th December 2015, 12:33   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Any updates on the release dates? Seems all things are in order expect the launch.
2nd. or 3rd. week of January, that's what I heard. Cant really vouch on the authenticity though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Are they sure if the 2.2 would come in 4x4 AT version ? Do not see that listed on Ford site as well. Source
Yep correct. As per the ford website 2.2 4x4 is only on manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Drive Excerpt

Source: Autocar
For the 2.2L, 158 BHP and 385 Nm. of Torque, is quite adequate. But for such a behemoth, it makes sense to go for a AT as our daily drive in bumper to bumper traffic. I was going through a video review, (have forgotten the name, most probably an Australian Car Magazine), and they were praising the 3.2L, for its power and acceleration unlike Autocar. I guess have to drive them to actually comment.

Are they giving MRF Wanderer A/T? -1, for that.
And again the usual Tan/ Beige interior? Why can't they think about all Black? At least as an option.
Old 30th December 2015, 15:38   #311
BHPian

The Autocar review quotes "On the Titanium trim, you get the SYNC 2 infotainment system which, in addition to providing Bluetooth connectivity and streaming, also recognises voice commands."

But as per the specs on Ford India Website, it says SYNC only. i.e. No onboard SatNav system. Can someone confirm this..
Old 30th December 2015, 17:24   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The Endy will be successful!

If priced right, it will take the market head-on.
A lil birdie tells me that Ford has a pleasant surprise for all of us....around 18L (Ex showroom New Delhi) for 2.2 4X2 MT
indusboy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 20:54   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
around 18L (Ex showroom New Delhi) for 2.2 4X2 M
That will be impossible , with new machines & plant Ford will taking huge accounting depreciation over and above raw material which in beginning will be from Thailand . Even Innova Z model retails around this price. If they are able to price this version close to 22 Lac - it will be great - my guess will be 23 -27 lac for 2,2 version and 28-32 lac for 3,2 version
Old 30th December 2015, 21:30   #314
BHPian

The way I see it the endeavour should start at 24.99 for the base 4*2 MT to 29.99 for the 4*4 AT. At this price the car will be a hit as it is in the same price range as the current Fortuner. If they price it beyond 30lakh it may go down the same path as the Santa Fe did even though it was a good car.
Old 30th December 2015, 23:25   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I agree with you on the XUV part but since it is a monocoque it has an advantage and hence I didn't bring it up in comparison.

When one will shell out 25 l + isn't it fair to expect this ? Anyway it's a good package overall for the segment. But after the lukewarm response to the Aspire I have my doubts on its success although I wish it did.
XUV 500 is the most VFM SUV available today in the Indian market! Comparing it with ford is a no brainer, But New Endy has its positives, Anyone selecting between the XUV 500 or New Endy, For them Heart might call for the New Endeavour but the XUV will always make more sense.

I too believe Endy isn't going to be a smash hit, Like say the fortuner? Unless they price really aggressively.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks