Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 13:15   #286
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
So i have been fortunate to lay my hands on the new Ford Endeavour, 3.2 Auto 4x4 today morning.
Thanks for your review. How would you compare it to current generation Fortuner? Does it have that premium feel in terms of looks and interiors that takes it to a space between Fortuner and Mercedes GLE?
Old 28th December 2015, 15:06   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Adaptive cruise , Blind Spot , Lane Departure , traffic management channel , heated front seats - Missing - how does this matter in India presently ?
It does not matter at all, if Ford consider the same when it comes to the Endeavour pricing.

But i believe nothing wrong in expecting a Satellite Navigation on 25L + vehicle.
Old 28th December 2015, 15:10   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyPangli View Post
Thanks for your review. How would you compare it to current generation Fortuner? Does it have that premium feel in terms of looks and interiors that takes it to a space between Fortuner and Mercedes GLE?
The few things that are obvious when compared to the Fortuner, do not know anything about the Merc so not comparing:

1) Ford got better brakes.
2) The fit and finish is excellent and the amount of options on the car is much more than the current gen Fortuner.
3) Fortuner is slightly roomier than the Ford at least in the front.
4) Ford scores on all checkboxes on the ride quality compared to the Fortuner.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 28th December 2015 at 15:10. Reason: spelling
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 21:06   #289
BHPian

Quote:
The few things that are obvious when compared to the Fortuner, do not know anything about the Merc so not comparing:

1) Ford got better brakes.
2) The fit and finish is excellent and the amount of options on the car is much more than the current gen Fortuner.
3) Fortuner is slightly roomier than the Ford at least in the front.
4) Ford scores on all checkboxes on the ride quality compared to the Fortuner.
Rest assured (a) Toyota will take its own lazy time bringing Fortuner here - giving us third world zero priority get-out-of-my-big-stubborn-face treatment, (b) Toyota will be strippping Fortuner naked of all features - to align with their perception of poverty-struck third world people conveniently forgetting people give them moneybags filled with cash for buying Fortuner, (c) Toyota will price it at least 5-6L above corresponding Ford models. I wish they do and get annihilated.

If I were to spend 30 grand ones on an SUV, I will not even look at Fortuner. Endy it will be if brute is the way and Santa Fe if Lux is the choice.

Ford as a motor co is terribly under-rated in India. People who own Endy report great service, cheap repairs, and unbeatable rugged reliability. Of course, Fortuner does most stuff too but costs a BOMB for no explicable reason.
5kmiles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 22:40   #290
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely love the new Endy. But sorry to nitpick.. but the middle row still doesn't look as comfy as the Storme I had. In fact the Storme has NIL floor hump in the middle, and visually looks to have much better head room and under thigh support ( based on pictures of the middle row seat and floor height ). I could be wrong on the last 2 pts but quite sure I'm not.
Old 29th December 2015, 00:35   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Absolutely love the new Endy. But sorry to nitpick.. but the middle row still doesn't look as comfy as the Storme I had. In fact the Storme has NIL floor hump in the middle, and visually looks to have much better head room and under thigh support ( based on pictures of the middle row seat and floor height ). I could be wrong on the last 2 pts but quite sure I'm not.
Using the middle row of an XUV with acres of space and "NO" hump at all, It sure does look like a negative for the Endy, But then we can't expect everything in a car to be perfect, Can we?

Though i think the sliding row makes up a bit for it, Even the space after the third row is pretty decent. Can't comment about how comfy it is only by looking at it, Will have to wait for a test drive for that.
Old 29th December 2015, 09:11   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Using the middle row of an XUV with acres of space and "NO" hump at all, It sure does look like a negative for the Endy, But then we can't expect everything in a car to be perfect, Can we?
I agree with you on the XUV part but since it is a monocoque it has an advantage and hence I didn't bring it up in comparison.

When one will shell out 25 l + isn't it fair to expect this ? Anyway it's a good package overall for the segment. But after the lukewarm response to the Aspire I have my doubts on its success although I wish it did.
Old 29th December 2015, 12:09   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I agree with you on the XUV part but since it is a monocoque it has an advantage and hence I didn't bring it up in comparison.

When one will shell out 25 l + isn't it fair to expect this ? Anyway it's a good package overall for the segment. But after the lukewarm response to the Aspire I have my doubts on its success although I wish it did.
The Endy will be successful!

The Aspire segment where most people are concerned with FE and Maintenance costs (Ford's high maintenance perception doesn't help) is a different ballgame than a premium SUV Segment where looks and image are right up there on the top (which is why the bumpy Fortuner sells, and also the segment where the old Endy was a hot favourite once upon a time).

This is one launch I am looking forward to! If priced right, it will take the market head-on.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 13:14   #294
VKM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonya View Post
Folks, here is what I saw on YouTube. New Ford Endeavour going up in flames during a review test!
why is no one discussing & speculating about this here? the doors are supposed to unlock in case oof any untoward incident. but looks like the escape route was the boot door.
Old 29th December 2015, 15:14   #295
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Guys, just saw Ford Endeavour in a nearby showroom. Saw a 3.2 AT 4x4 Titanium. The person who showed me the vehicle told me that the vehicle will be launched in a couple of weeks. The person had a Document provided by Ford which mentioned "All-New Endeavour Key Talking Point". The top feature that they are asked to talk are listed below
1. HID/Auto Head Lamp with Auto Levelling and Jet wash
2. Front fog lamp/Skid Plates
3. Rain Sensing wiper
4. LED DRL
5. the engine has two options 2.2L(160bhp; 385nm torque) & 3.2L(200bhp & 470nm torque)
6) 3.2L comes only with a 4x4 AT
7) 2.2L comes with 4x2/4x4(MT) & 4x4(AT)
8) Claimed mileage is
2.2 4x2(MT/AT) - 14.12kmpl
2.2 4x4(MT) - 12.62kmpl
3.2 4x4(AT) - 10.91kmpl
9) Comes with a 6speed MT & AT
10) 225mm ground clearance & 800mm water wading capability
11) 18" Alloy
12) Power liftgate with anti-pinch Sensor
13) Power folding 3rd row
14) Front and Rear Parking Sensors
15) Global Open & Close (Front and Rear Windows) - First in segment feature, allows all the windows to be controlled from just the push of the button (Did not understand this function)
16) 8 Way power adjustable driver seat
17) Power Fold and Power adjustable ORVM
18) Leather Upholstery
19) Leather stitched dashboard
20) Terrain Management system
21) Semi auto parallel park assist
22) Cruise Control
23) ABS and EBD
24) ESP & TCS
25) SYNC with voice control
26) Dual Zone AC with rear AC switch and ceiling vents for 2nd and 3rd rows
27) Electric Panoramic sun roof
28) Rear view camera
29) 7 Airbags(with driver knee airbag)

Last edited by joelchandra : 29th December 2015 at 15:34.
Old 29th December 2015, 15:17   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post

Are they sure if the 2.2 would come in 4x4 AT version ? Do not see that listed on Ford site as well. Source

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 29th December 2015 at 15:26. Reason: Missed the right point
Old 29th December 2015, 15:19   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Does anyone know what the flat rectangular bumper-mounted units are on the Everest in the video - both on the front/rear of the vehicle?

Are they LED lights?

In these photographs, they show a beige interior.

Does anyone know if Ford has plans to offer the fully black (and leather seat-covered) interior - like in the South African video review?
It is the beige interior for India. Just saw the vehicle. However, the stitched leather on the dashboard is Tan Brown
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 15:24   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Are they sure if the 2.2 would come in AT version ? Do not see that listed on Ford site as well. Source
That's how the document showed. I have just uploaded the pics i have taken. Also attaching the document for a quick reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00051.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00061.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00071.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00081.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00111.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00081.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00101.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag0009.jpg  

Last edited by joelchandra : 29th December 2015 at 15:28.
joelchandra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 15:28   #299
BHPian

Quote:
That's how the document showed. I have just uploaded the pics i have taken. Also attaching the document for a quick reference.
Sorry, i did not ask you the right question. You mentioned about 2.2 4x4 AT in the following post. I do not think they are launching 2.2 4x4 AT variant.

Quote:

Old 29th December 2015, 15:33   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, i did not ask you the right question. You mentioned about 2.2 4x4 AT in the following post. I do not think they are launching 2.2 4x4 AT variant.
My Bad. There was a typo. It is 2.2 4x4 MT. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks