Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2024, 14:05   #2911

Re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Actually my Blaupunkt unit is history now, traded it in for a new Hypersonic 4gb/64gb Entertainment unit with licensed Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, along with a host of other features. Works well and is a pleasure to use. Some pics are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8781.jpeg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8780.jpeg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8777.jpeg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8778.jpeg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8779.jpeg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8742.jpeg  

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th August 2024 at 14:29.
Old 26th August 2024, 17:16   #2912

Re: Why I chose the Creta

The odometer on my First Gen First lot Creta 1.6 SXO CRDi shows 108,450 kms and the old lady is as sprightly as ever. The beauty of a refined Diesel mill (the old one) cannot be matched by contemporary engines on the Creta, all lower in capacity. has run through pretty much all that roads in the Bharat can throw at her, she's survived all of them and come out remarkably strong. 2 sets of tyre changes, clutch system replaced, structs/shocks replaced, always maintained at Srinath Hyundai, Oshiwara, Bombay, and she's been great value (at the price I paid back then).

My usage pattern has changed over the years, and over the last seven years its been mostly cross country drives, even through COVID years (for emergencies), city driving is limited to errands to malls/stores.

Been hearing/reading frustrating experiences of current diesel car owners with DPF issues across car mfrs, and am happy my old lady (9 years plus) Creta has not given me the need to upgrade/change, and with no resolution of DFP issues in sight, I don't feel like upgrading from my faithful and trouble free diesel mill.

Happy to hear/read ownership stories from 1st/2nd gens Creta users, especially Dieselheads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
A little (non-technical) ownership review of my Creta SX(O) Diesel MT 1.6. Manufacturing date of Dec 2015, delivered to me in Feb 2016.
====
Attachment 2581037
Paul63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2024, 07:59   #2913
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Why I chose the Creta

Correct. The new diesel engine cant match the 1.6. It's peppy and at the same time provides decent mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul63 View Post
Happy to hear/read ownership stories from 1st/2nd gens Creta users, especially Dieselheads.
Here's mine - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...esel-sx-o.html (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))

Need to update my last service details which includes clutch replacement. Shall update next week.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks