Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2017, 13:18   #1846
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

We recently booked an i20 Sportz, but the family is constantly pushing towards the Creta.

Model in question, Petrol E+. It has pretty much all the necessary features for us.

The E+ does not have fog lamps, which is not only useful, but also looks good. Creta without those signature fogs looks a little bland.

However, the sales assistant was very insistent that it was impossible to get the fogs fitted on E+ as they do not have the wiring for it. Online as well, I couldnt find original/original style fogs in AliExpress or Amazon.

Is this true, can any base model/E+ owners confirm if its possible. The sales assistant probably wants to push us towards the SX+ model, which is almost 2.2lac more, and frankly very unnecessary for us.
Old 14th July 2017, 13:41   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
We recently booked an i20 Sportz, but the family is constantly pushing towards the Creta.

Model in question, Petrol E+. It has pretty much all the necessary features for us.

The E+ does not have fog lamps, which is not only useful, but also looks good. Creta without those signature fogs looks a little bland.

However, the sales assistant was very insistent that it was impossible to get the fogs fitted on E+ as they do not have the wiring for it. Online as well, I couldnt find original/original style fogs in AliExpress or Amazon.

Is this true, can any base model/E+ owners confirm if its possible. The sales assistant probably wants to push us towards the SX+ model, which is almost 2.2lac more, and frankly very unnecessary for us.
I got the Hyundai original fog lamps fitted in E+ diesel at the time of delivery in May. Costs around 6000/-. The SA is just bluffing. Try another dealership.
m8002? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 03:21   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
+1 to above. It only improves the looks of the car. You need to decide if the slight improvement in light is worth 45K.
Another thing you need to keep in mind is replacement cost in case its damaged/broken. You cannot claim insurance since its an after market accessory.
Warranty may be an issue but you can always add accessories to your insurance at an extra cost, I added an Amp and sub (value 10k) for about 500 rupees to my policy when it was getting renewed. See if your insurer allows you to opt for an extra clause in the existing policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Thank you @dextor and m8002 for your input. I believed that the projector headlight will give better output compared to normal headlamp in Creta and also it was adding to the look. I thought of getting this done outside but I was worried about Warranty. I will hold for now and will see how this performs.

For the Fog lamps, dealer quoted me 5k and for the one's which can be done outside, are they plug and play or any wires will be stripped?
The projector headlight does give out a defined beam and the cornering lamps are the best bonus feature with the projector lamps, check if you have these lamps in the lights you are looking at.

Last edited by Jag4 : 16th July 2017 at 03:26.
Jag4 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 17:45   #1849

I'm also planning to buy Creta E+ diesel. I wish to add roof rails and boot parcel tray. Did anyone get the stock roof rails installed? How is it done, what's the cost and did you face any problem due to the installation?
Old 17th July 2017, 18:11   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS1806 View Post
I'm also planning to buy Creta E+ diesel. I wish to add roof rails and boot parcel tray. Did anyone get the stock roof rails installed? How is it done, what's the cost and did you face any problem due to the installation?
Roof rails cannot be installed outside since it involves drilling ( told by accessories guy at Hyundai ).
There are some plastic ones available which are stuck using 3M double sided tape. Not sure how stable they will be on highways though.

The rear parcel tray is a ripoff at Hyundai. The whole plastic unit on both sides has to be changed and I paid 9K for it. There is no provision to fit just the tray on top. If some accessories can do it well in your city, get it done with them.

Last edited by m8002? : 17th July 2017 at 18:25.
m8002? is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 11:53   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
The OEM boot parcel tray itself is poorly implemented. Get a wooden one from your nearby accessories market instead.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 12:27   #1852
BHPian

Hello Guys, I will be taking delivery of Creta Diesel SX+ AT on Friday. Does anybody happen to have a PDI checklist of Creta lying around? thanks!

Please excuse if the list has been shared earlier.
Old 20th July 2017, 12:28   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
You can find a rought estimate of all accessories that you wish to install , at this site .

http://www.carplus.in/creta

Disclaimer : Am not associated with these people . Since I have been eyeing a creta myself , my research has led me to this site . Provides a reference for prices .
gautamkhadse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:33   #1854
BHPian

Look what I found:

Some useful tips & nuggets for owners !
BUXX is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:02   #1855
BHPian

Does anyone have any definitive idea about when will the facelift of this car going to be launched i.e. the facelift which was launched in Brazil? I am considering the car but if I know that a facelift is coming soon I can wait. Any update on this will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th August 2017, 09:25   #1856
BHPian

I drove a friend's brand new Creta. The new Apple Play interface is amazing. Much better than what I have in my 10 month old Creta. Is there any hope for existing owners? by way of a software upgrade or something.
Old 6th August 2017, 12:13   #1857
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Have a Creta SX (O) with less than 1500 kms on board. The A/c in TD vehicle was a chiller even when the temp was set at 26.5 but for some reason it doesn't seem so in my car. Having said that if it is set to less than 24.5 C it does work well

Can someone confirm if the RPM drops significantly when the A/c compressor engages ? The water drips very well when the A/c is run

Anyway am planning to visit the A.S.S to change the Engine oil and will request the folks to check it too.

But any feedback in the meantime would really be helpful.

Cheers
Old 6th August 2017, 17:29   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Dear BHPians,

Have a Creta SX (O) with less than 1500 kms on board. The A/c in TD vehicle was a chiller even when the temp was set at 26.5 but for some reason it doesn't seem so in my car. Having said that if it is set to less than 24.5 C it does work well

Can someone confirm if the RPM drops significantly when the A/c compressor engages ? The water drips very well when the A/c is run

Anyway am planning to visit the A.S.S to change the Engine oil and will request the folks to check it too.

But any feedback in the meantime would really be helpful.

Cheers
As far as improvement in cooling is concerned, just clean the AC filter. DIY guides are available in this forum.
Everytime I do it, it's made a huge difference to the cooling in my creta.
Old 6th August 2017, 17:43   #1859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post

I had compared the AC performance of my older cars in my ownership thread. Like I had mentioned, it's no way near the Ford unit. I usually keep it in 24 degrees during my morning run (comfortable - not bone chilling cold). While returning (evening/afternoon - If the weather is hot), I keep it at 22 to 23 degrees ( decent cooling - not bone chilling). For something really cool I keep it at 20-21 degrees.

And yes, water drip is pretty noticeable in the Creta. Like BHPian TorkBHP had mentioned, try cleaning the AC filter. That tends to get really dirty soon. I usually change them at very service (pretty cheap).

BTW, like I had reported in my ownership thread, the keyless door sensor is pretty much dead. Very rarely it works. Planning to give the car for service next week. Have few things to do. Will update my thread after the service.
Old 7th August 2017, 09:23   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
As far as improvement in cooling is concerned, just clean the AC filter. DIY guides are available in this forum.
Everytime I do it, it's made a huge difference to the cooling in my creta.
Thanks for the tip - Will look for the DIY cleaning of cabin A/c filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I usually keep it in 24 degrees during my morning run (comfortable - not bone chilling cold). While returning (evening/afternoon - If the weather is hot), I keep it at 22 to 23 degrees ( decent cooling - not bone chilling).

For something really cool I keep it at 20-21 degrees.

And yes, water drip is pretty noticeable in the Creta. Like BHPian TorkBHP had mentioned, try cleaning the AC filter. That tends to get really dirty soon. I usually change them at very service (pretty cheap).

BTW, like I had reported in my ownership thread, the keyless door sensor is pretty much dead. Very rarely it works. Planning to give the car for service next week. Have few things to do. Will update my thread after the service.
Looks like 22 ~ 23 is what is required for comfortable cooling and for further cooling will test it with 20 ~ 21.

Thanks folks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks