Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 13:09   #16
BHPian

Re: My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Congratulations galore!! This is one hell of a choice, solid car, the best variant and an amazing deal with that.

Your VCDS knowhow (and equipment) is certainly more than enough a reason to get a VAG vehicle. The modifications look great and add good value.

By the way. Do I see something wrong in the Tail lamps? They look a bit dirty in the unlit pics. I'm sure it could be cleaned.
Tail lamps have become dull. would need some light compounding on the them to get them back to glory
Old 13th January 2016, 10:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
It was time for some update. Well apart from the 430 NM Tune o Tonics ECU update, most of the changes so far are LIGHTS oriented. More on 430 NM later, still testing the tune.
Nice Mods, NewtonMeter. Had a couple of questions:
1. Did you order the DRL resistance coupler from MotoHID? Do they ship to India? Seems to be a polish site. How was the experience ordering from them?

2. For the License Plate LED VCDS changes, can you pls provide the exact set of options that you did to get rid of the error? I have replaced the license plate bulbs with LEDs - which do not give an error in the normal circumstance where the lights are NOT switched on. However, the error comes up when I switch on the lights. Also - if I replace only 1 of the 2 bulbs with LED, then the error does NOT come up even when the lights are on.

3. For the Leaving Home lights, can you let me know the exact set of changes done via VCDS please.

Appreciate all your inputs. If you are able to speak over the phone, leave me your no. too please.

Thanks much my friend.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th January 2016 at 10:36. Reason: Removed bulk of the quoted post = helps tablet/mobile users. Please avoid SMS lingo while posting. Thanks!
Old 14th January 2016, 10:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the 12 speakers do really make a difference. Especially in the mid range. I am not sure about the 8 speaker setup, but when compared to Vento (4 speaker) setup, there were many sounds especially the high notes which were amiss in vento (no Tweeter). with the amplifier, the Bass could be a overkill but, i have found the sweetspot with my equilizer settings. Another thing i notice, i need to input the volume slightly more than the vento as i think it needs to drive the Amp with more voltage to get that punch. ( i can also step up the sound levels int he Bolero, but kept it to low levels to avoid any distorsion)

I am not sure how will you upgrade from 8 to 12 as it requires:
1. Buying the skoda Amp (if you want to keep is stock) - made by panasonic
2. Skoda swing (assuming you have that) is tuned for 8 speaker setup, so i am not sure if it can support 12.
3. Door pad housing - to host 3 speakers per door, the door pads have a different Design.
4. all the wiring.

Well, i am very sure your 8 speaker set up would sound exactly similar to a normal person, and with the VAG sound quality - i dont think an 8 speaker is in any way a "Low" end spec.

you need to take a call for bang for the buck here.
Can you tell me from where you bought the VCDS cable? I have a 2007 Skoda Laura L&K and after seeing your mods I would like to try my hand on it. Also, if you can send a link or guide me through the procedure of doing these mods. It would be a great help.
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 14:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Nice Mods, NewtonMeter. Had a couple of questions:
1. Did you order the DRL resistance coupler from MotoHID? Do they ship to India? Seems to be a polish site. How was the experience ordering from them?

2. For the License Plate LED VCDS changes, can you pls provide the exact set of options that you did to get rid of the error? I have replaced the license plate bulbs with LEDs - which do not give an error in the normal circumstance where the lights are NOT switched on. However, the error comes up when I switch on the lights. Also - if I replace only 1 of the 2 bulbs with LED, then the error does NOT come up even when the lights are on.

3. For the Leaving Home lights, can you let me know the exact set of changes done via VCDS please.

Appreciate all your inputs. If you are able to speak over the phone, leave me your no. too please.

Thanks much my friend.
1. I ordered through moto.pl but got it delievered in Poland. One of my frnds were travelling. You can drop them a mail and check. They are pretty responsive.

2/3 - call me ( i have PM you my number)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Can you tell me from where you bought the VCDS cable? I have a 2007 Skoda Laura L&K and after seeing your mods I would like to try my hand on it. Also, if you can send a link or guide me through the procedure of doing these mods. It would be a great help.

Hey ricky - i got the cable from Aliexpress. you can get the same from ebay too

just make sure you order 12.12.x version

sample link here

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...451318400_6150

Once you aquire the cable, i can certainly guide you

Last edited by newtonMeter : 14th January 2016 at 14:10.
Old 14th January 2016, 17:32   #20
BHPian

I have the vcds and have replaced the license plate lights but gives me error, also the boot light is changed to LED still there is error notification. Interiors plus parking lights and conversion to HID from normal projectors are fine. What is the vcds setting to eliminate the boot and license plate error?
Old 15th January 2016, 14:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubin21 View Post
I have the vcds and have replaced the license plate lights but gives me error, also the boot light is changed to LED still there is error notification. Interiors plus parking lights and conversion to HID from normal projectors are fine. What is the vcds setting to eliminate the boot and license plate error?
in your BCM/Cent Elec module - Find - License Plate Lighting w/o Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) [LED Lighting] - this is the byte that have to be changed
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 15:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
in your BCM/Cent Elec module - Find - License Plate Lighting w/o Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) [LED Lighting] - this is the byte that have to be changed
Great Thanks, will try to change and see what the results are. Anything for the trunk LED error? Or i just need to change the bulbs? Can you post the link for the boot LED bulbs?
Old 15th January 2016, 15:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubin21 View Post
Great Thanks, will try to change and see what the results are. Anything for the trunk LED error? Or i just need to change the bulbs? Can you post the link for the boot LED bulbs?
Trunk LED is the same as position lamps

http://www.classicaccess.com/product...-canbus-white/
Old 13th February 2016, 13:07   #24
BHPian

Hello folks

I have taken the next step in my story of mods. Here it is the stunning flat bottom steering with paddle shifters

My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K-img_20160212_221614.jpg

The build quality is top notch. I sourced it from car-equipment.net with Rohan dheman and got a very good deal. The steering came with the original airbag unit.

As mine was L&K model with mfsw already the retrofit was plug and play. The steering buttons worked out of the box. The only requirement was to activate the paddle shifters using vcds and I was good to go

I order the silver stich where as Rohan ordered a sexy red stich.

LEFT

has gear down shifter (-) with volume and multimedia switches. The ribbed roller had a fantabolous tactile feel.

My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K-img_20160212_103638.jpg

RIGHT
Has the gear up (+) with phone and voice activation controller.
Also hosts the MFD control

My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K-img_20160212_103646.jpg

Note the grooved thumb rest for sporty position of the hands

My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K-img_20160212_103643.jpg

Mix of perforated and smooth leather

My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K-img_20160212_103807.jpg

Piano finish crescent looks stunning

My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K-img_20160212_103827.jpg
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 13:42   #25
BHPian

Party trick- headlight washers

Old 13th February 2016, 13:45   #26
BHPian

The steering looks stunning!
Was the dsg oil of the car changed at 60k interval? From the pictures, I can see the odo at 69k. If so,How much did dsg oil change cost?
Old 13th February 2016, 14:37   #27
BHPian

Yes dsg oil was changed. With the annual service. Dsg oil change was 14k
Old 16th May 2016, 12:31   #28
BHPian

Hi newtonMeter,
One of my friend is looking for a used Laura. Since you own a used Laura what are your opinions regarding buying one?
He is looking for a 2010 model (L&K) within 6L.
Old 6th June 2016, 14:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Hi newtonMeter,
One of my friend is looking for a used Laura. Since you own a used Laura what are your opinions regarding buying one?
He is looking for a 2010 model (L&K) within 6L.

hi! i will strongly recommend CRDI version - pre 2011 are all all Pump Duse!!!
newtonMeter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 13:02   #30
BHPian

Hi Newtonmeter, nicely compiled review of your car. I too own an 2012 Laura L&k and iam thoroughly enjoying it. I believe to up-grade to a better car, we have to look north of 40 lacs in the new car market. You will definitely not like any car below that price bracket.
Iam planning to swap the steering wheel to the latest one with paddles just like yours. Are the paddle shifters really useful? How much will it cost me ? Please share the details regarding it. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks