Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 12:23   #106
BNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
Thanks BNM for your suggestion. I will certainly look to upgrade the alloys and tyres to start of and hold of on the Audio and Stickering for now.

Any other accessories other than floor mats from Hyundai that you purchased or would recommend.
The car is very well equipped except for the ART leather seats on the top end trim in terms of visible changes.

You can think of
1. HID lights 11k
2. Aluminum pedals if you fancy them 2k
3. 70% visibility film. I got garware done including front wind shield. 14K
4. Scratch proof film for front the and back bumpers and door corners. 250 rs/Sq feet
5. Leather seats if you fancy them

I am not a big fan of all the chrome garnishes for the tail lamps and fog lamps that are available.
Neither am I a fan of the front and back protection bumpers. Even the side step is unnecessary because the vehicle is not very tall. These seem to be the other most popular accessories. Personally none of them appeal to me but it's your personal choice.
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 12:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
4. Scratch proof film for front the and back bumpers and door corners. 250 rs/Sq feet
From where did you get this scratch proof film? Because I am sure it's not 3M because they charge a hefty amount on the PPF. Even I am planning to get it done on my XUV but due to the cost I am holding back.
Old 16th September 2015, 12:41   #108
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
From where did you get this scratch proof film? Because I am sure it's not 3M because they charge a hefty amount on the PPF. Even I am planning to get it done on my XUV but due to the cost I am holding back.
There's a guy who used to work at 3M who did it for me. He has opened his own shop on New BEL road and sources his film from Singapore. 3M charges around 550/sqft while this guy will do it for 250 if you are a good bargainer
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 13:28   #109
BHPian

Quote:
The car is very well equipped except for the ART leather seats on the top end trim in terms of visible changes.

You can think of
1. HID lights 11k
2. Aluminum pedals if you fancy them 2k
3. 70% visibility film. I got garware done including front wind shield. 14K
5. Leather seats if you fancy them

I am not a big fan of all the chrome garnishes for the tail lamps and fog lamps that are available.
Neither am I a fan of the front and back protection bumpers. Even the side step is unnecessary because the vehicle is not very tall. These seem to be the other most popular accessories. Personally none of them appeal to me but it's your personal choice.
Thanks BNM. I would definitely go for the sun film as well. Got a quote of 19K from the local 3M shop so need to find an alternative.

Regarding the alloys, I plan to order directly from Sai Mag as the prices in Coimbatore as quite high comparatively. I see that the width of 17" for Creta is 7" or 7.5". Does it matter which one I choose? I am also planning on getting the Michelin P3 ST tyres.
Old 16th September 2015, 13:38   #110
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
Thanks BNM. I would definitely go for the sun film as well. Got a quote of 19K from the local 3M shop so need to find an alternative.

Regarding the alloys, I plan to order directly from Sai Mag as the prices in Coimbatore as quite high comparatively. I see that the width of 17" for Creta is 7" or 7.5". Does it matter which one I choose? I am also planning on getting the Michelin P3 ST tyres.
Both 7 and 7.5" are fine. Go to the Michelin site, choose your tyre profile and check the wheel sizes suitable.
Old 28th September 2015, 19:32   #111
BNM
BHPian

My new Ride
This will be my new ride for the next few days in the US. The Jeep Patriot is a compact SUV and will give me an opportunity to compare it with the Creta and write a small comparison review.

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-img_20150928_065527.jpg
Old 28th September 2015, 23:05   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My new Ride
This will be my new ride for the next few days in the US. The Jeep Patriot is a compact SUV and will give me an opportunity to compare it with the Creta and write a small comparison review.

Attachment 1420652
BNM, If this car is the 2.0L with the Jatco CVT please get rid of it ASAP. It's horrible!!! Actually horrible is too nice a word.

I had a Dodge Caliber based on the same platform as the patriot with the 2.0L engine and the CVT. I went back to the rental company and told them give me anything else but not this. They started laughing and gave me a Sonata which was way better!
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 23:14   #113
BANNED

Quote:
My new Ride

Attachment 1420652
Aha! Is this where Mahindra got idea for TUV300 from? I see uncanny resemblance between the two. Even the square wheel arches.
Old 29th September 2015, 17:53   #114
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
BNM, If this car is the 2.0L with the Jatco CVT please get rid of it ASAP. It's horrible!!! Actually horrible is too nice a word.

I had a Dodge Caliber based on the same platform as the patriot with the 2.0L engine and the CVT. I went back to the rental company and told them give me anything else but not this. They started laughing and gave me a Sonata which was way better!
Thanks Vid. I looked up the specs and it is the 2.0L 4 cylinder engine. The engine is underpowered and loud, interiors are tacky with lots of hard plastics & has very poor features. In comparison the Creta AT "IS" a luxury car with great driveability.

The Irony is I exchanged this for a Sonata . One of my colleagues had difficulty getting in and out of the Sonata and I asked for a SUV at the same price point as a full sized sedan. I was told I would get a Nissan and got this instead. I was excited to see the Jeep brand and now I realize it is a piece of crap. So no point in even trying to write a comparison review. I am very busy over the next few days but will try to get rid of it at the first opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Aha! Is this where Mahindra got idea for TUV300 from? I see uncanny resemblance between the two. Even the square wheel arches.
It surely is ! But Mahindra being Mahindra overdoes the design like they did with the XUV. The Jeep looks a lot better proportioned. The rear quarter of the TUV looks ugly because of the abrupt sub 4M cutting. It's high time they fire fire that lady designer !

Last edited by Aditya : 5th October 2015 at 07:40. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 4th October 2015, 19:37   #115
BHPian

BNM, stellar review and pics.

You are a true Hyundaian! I'm also close with 4 cars out of 9 from Hyundai, including the present Creta (SXO-White)

Just a quick questions on the roof wrap - it looks awesome, though was wondering why you did not wrap the shark-fin antenna? Any issues if wrapped?
MindOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 22:10   #116
BHPian

Quote:
SECOND MILEAGE REPORT
Method: Top up to Top up
Trip Meter Reading: 643 Kms
Fuel (Lts) : 49.3
Mileage: 13.04

Driven fully in Bangalore City
AC On all the time
30 % bumper to bumper traffic
Avg Speed: 22 Km/Hr
My AT's first mileage was 10.3 kmpl measured via top up to top up and driven fully in bangalore city traffic - mostly stop and go for my office commute, AC on all the time at 24.5C. My second tank-full also looks to be similar the way it is going. It's probably my driving style, but a full 2.7 kmpl difference is worrying enough that I will bring it up in the next service.

How did you get the average speed?
Old 7th October 2015, 05:26   #117
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnWheels View Post
BNM, stellar review and pics.

You are a true Hyundaian! I'm also close with 4 cars out of 9 from Hyundai, including the present Creta (SXO-White)

Just a quick questions on the roof wrap - it looks awesome, though was wondering why you did not wrap the shark-fin antenna? Any issues if wrapped?
No issues. I just wanted it that way. Black may not be visible I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
My AT's first mileage was 10.3 kmpl measured via top up to top up and driven fully in bangalore city traffic - mostly stop and go for my office commute, AC on all the time at 24.5C. My second tank-full also looks to be similar the way it is going. It's probably my driving style, but a full 2.7 kmpl difference is worrying enough that I will bring it up in the next service.

How did you get the average speed?
Average Speed is displayed on the meter. Basically it is using the distance travelled from the trip meter and the number of hours travelled since the last refuel. My average is better because - In my 25 kms of one way commute, around 15 to 16 is done at 60 KM/HR on the ring road from Hebbal till KR Puram. From then it is crawling speed all the way to ITPB.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 05:38   #118
BNM
BHPian

Better Ride

Got a Nissan Rogue after a not so great experience with the Jeep Patriot. This one comes with a AWD, Traction control, Sport Mode and also a Reverse Camera. Drove very well in hilly twisted sections. Gonna enjoy driving it for the next 10 days

Though it is Off topic, the reason I am choosing all these Mini SUV's is for comparing the drives with the Creta.

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-rogue.jpg

Last edited by BNM : 7th October 2015 at 05:40.
Old 7th October 2015, 07:02   #119
BHPian

Try Hyundai Tucson if possible, it might match to your Creta. And the new look of Tucson is really appealing.
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 17:47   #120

Quote:
Average Speed is displayed on the meter. Basically it is using the distance travelled from the trip meter and the number of hours travelled since the last refuel. My average is better because - In my 25 kms of one way commute, around 15 to 16 is done at 60 KM/HR on the ring road from Hebbal till KR Puram. From then it is crawling speed all the way to ITPB.
Also note that the average speed will continue to come down while the car is running even if it is not in motion. Therefore if you are stuck at a longish traffic signal, say for 3 minutes, then that too will bring down the average speed. Switching off the engine however will not.
lonsharim is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed