Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2015, 23:41   #76
BHPian

Hi BNM
When I TDed the Creta I had the chance to spend some time with ICE system. Although the sound quality was decent with not much of distortion at high volumes, I thought it was lacking some bass and the volume was not too high even though it cranked up.
Do you think changing out the speakers will improve this with better bass and better volume? If yes, what type/size speakers would you recommend. If no, is the amp & sub mandatory. I'm not thinking about thundering bass but just to add some punch.
I didn't buy Creta yet but have a few questions lingering in my mind. Since you've already changed out your speakers I'm asking you this.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 07:00   #77
BNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Hi BNM
When I TDed the Creta I had the chance to spend some time with ICE system. Although the sound quality was decent with not much of distortion at high volumes, I thought it was lacking some bass and the volume was not too high even though it cranked up.
Do you think changing out the speakers will improve this with better bass and better volume? If yes, what type/size speakers would you recommend. If no, is the amp & sub mandatory. I'm not thinking about thundering bass but just to add some punch.
I didn't buy Creta yet but have a few questions lingering in my mind. Since you've already changed out your speakers I'm asking you this.
Thanks Dileep. Changing the speakers makes hell of a difference. Just changing the speakers will not help. OEM speakers have a very low wattage. If you want to install speakers with a higher wattage you definitely need an Amp to drive them - the Head unit cannot drive higher wattage speakers by itself.

If you don't intend to spend to much money, here is what I suggest. I have this setup on my i20 and it still sounds fab.

Leave the door speakers both front and rear doors as is. Get a 2 channel amp (JBL costs around 4K) in my case and install it under the front left seat. It is very compact.

Get a wooden plank for the rear and install 9" OVAL JBL 3 way speakers (costs around 3.5K).

Of course you have to rewire with RC converter and other bits which will cost you another 5K with installation included. Connect the front door speakers and tweeters to 1 channel and the rear oval speakers to the other channel of the amp. DISCONNECT the rear door speakers.

For ~12K you will have a pretty decent system which will sound 5 times better than your original OEM system. Adjust the Fader with more emphasis on the rear speakers.

If you want to try out my setup which is described in the first page of this thread it will cost around 30K.
Old 30th August 2015, 07:09   #78
BNM
BHPian

Update on Lumbar Support
As I mentioned earlier, the driver seat lacks lumbar support and anybody with back ailments will start getting back pain in the Creta.

I went back to Genous (my leather seats installer) yesterday and met Mr. BASAVARAJ and told him my problem. He being an expert quickly agreed that the seats weren't designed well on the Creta. So he decided to add some extra foam padding to resolve the problem. While doing so, some extra cushion was also added to the under thigh area.

Took about an hour's time to get it done. Result - Amazing! Good support now for both the back and under thighs. Cost 0! Thanks Mr. BASAVARAJ.
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 07:50   #79
BNM
BHPian

Aluminum Pedals
Ordered a ix25 aluminum pedal set on eBay (Singapore). Cost me 25$ USD and 20 days to ship. No drilling required. Remove the rubber cover from factory and replace with this. Brake pedal fit very well. The throttle pedal did not have a rubber cover that came off. The new aluminium pedal needed to be glued on top and fixed. But it fit well and looks Nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-image.jpg  

BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 08:33   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Thanks Dileep. Changing the speakers makes hell of a difference. Just changing the speakers will not help. OEM speakers have a very low wattage. If you want to install speakers with a higher wattage you definitely need an Amp to drive them - the Head unit cannot drive higher wattage speakers by itself.

Thanks BNM for the great explanation and info. Will take up one of the options you mentioned (depending upon my finances then) when I get a new car...whether it may be Creta or anything else.

Quote:
Update on Lumbar Support

I went back to Genous (my leather seats installer) yesterday and met Mr. BASAVARAJ and told him my problem. He being an expert quickly agreed that the seats weren't designed well on the Creta. So he decided to add some extra foam padding to resolve the problem. While doing so, some extra cushion was also added to the under thigh area.

How was the extra foam added? Was it placed under the leather seat covers? If it's not secured or pinned down to a particular area of the seat it may eventually move and slip down on continued use. Im sure this shouldn't be a problem as the quality of work in the pics say that the workmanship is top notch and he definitely is an expert. May be if you have some pics it might help to visualize.

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2015 at 18:57. Reason: Back to posts merged
Old 30th August 2015, 10:14   #81
BHPian

Congrats BNM!!! Your Red Creta is really stunning!!! . Awesome review and it has tried to change my perception over cost factor. While most of the folks termed creta as expensive by comparing with duster, terrano, scross etc your review brought dimension as you compared it with audi, skoda, fortuner etc and made us feel that creta is VFM.
I have made my mind that next upgrade will be auto after 4 years of driving manual in Bangalore. How is Creta handling speed breakers? I used to play with clutch for smooth transition over big/sharp humps by slowly releasing the clutch which helps to control speed. How are you handling the same in Creta auto? Do you observe any jerks?

Last edited by Eddy : 30th August 2015 at 12:16. Reason: Please use the team-bhp smileys only
VSRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 11:55   #82
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Congrats BNM!!! Your Red Creta is really stunning!!! ��. Awesome review and it has tried to change my perception over cost factor. While most of the folks termed creta as expensive by comparing with duster, terrano, scross etc your review brought dimension as you compared it with audi, skoda, fortuner etc and made us feel that creta is VFM. ✌
I have made my mind that next upgrade will be auto after 4 years of driving manual in Bangalore. How is Creta handling speed breakers? I used to play with clutch for smooth transition over big/sharp humps by slowly releasing the clutch which helps to control speed. How are you handling the same in Creta auto? Do you observe any jerks?
Thanks VSRK. The AT handles low speeds very well especially when you slow down for humps and need to get to crawl speed. The GC is great to handle the biggest of humps. I have explained in detail - how it drives at different speeds even comparing it to a manual in the first page of this thread under Engine Performance/Driveability/Autobox section. No jerks whatsoever. I suggest you take a test drive of the AT to get a first hand experience.

Last edited by BNM : 30th August 2015 at 12:05.
Old 30th August 2015, 18:00   #83
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
How was the extra foam added? Was it placed under the leather seat covers? If it's not secured or pinned down to a particular area of the seat it may eventually move and slip down on continued use. Im sure this shouldn't be a problem as the quality of work in the pics say that the workmanship is top notch and he definitely is an expert. May be if you have some pics it might help to visualize.
The seat was removed, extra foam was added with glue and secured as it was done the first time. It was all done under expert supervision of the owner. I tried taking pictures but you cannot really make out the changes but you can definitely feel it. It is a well done job which was done in front of me.
Old 30th August 2015, 18:06   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The seat was removed, extra foam was added with glue and secured as it was done the first time. It was all done under expert supervision of the owner. I tried taking pictures but you cannot really make out the changes but you can definitely feel it. It is a well done job which was done in front of me.

Was just reading autocar. They have clearly mentioned the seats on the lower variants are soft. They also say that it is well firmed up on the SX(O) and that the seats are firm and just right for long journeys. Anyway there is little you can do on the top spec because of the airbags.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 22:47   #85
BHPian

Turns out I cant send you a PM yet. Please could you send me one with the contact for SNLP pitstop where you got your alloys done. I also like the work on your leather seats - could you share Mr. Basavaraj's number as well ? I am talking to Karlsson as well.

Thanks !
Old 2nd September 2015, 07:46   #86
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Turns out I cant send you a PM yet. Please could you send me one with the contact for SNLP pitstop where you got your alloys done. I also like the work on your leather seats - could you share Mr. Basavaraj's number as well ? I am talking to Karlsson as well.

Thanks !
I have sent it. Check and let me know.
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:24   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I have sent it. Check and let me know.
Looks like I haven't reached the level needed to send OR receive PM's yet. Do you mind sending it using email using the 'send an email' link on my profile page ?
Old 3rd September 2015, 17:46   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Looks like I haven't reached the level needed to send OR receive PM's yet. Do you mind sending it using email using the 'send an email' link on my profile page ?
I seem to have crossed the required limit with this post . Please can you PM again ?
Old 3rd September 2015, 18:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

I love the leather wrapped wheel. Was it removed to wrap? Excellent fit and finish.
Old 3rd September 2015, 18:30   #90
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I love the leather wrapped wheel. Was it removed to wrap? Excellent fit and finish.
Thanks. Yes it was removed to wrap. Has to be removed and fit back by experts since the Air Bag is in the steering. Very nice job from Genous Leather.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks