Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2015, 13:25   #31
BNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahn 3779358
Many drivers i have seen do not move to neutral from D when stopping for few minutes either at traffic light or waiting for someone or something and continue pressing the brake. However, I feel it is better to shift to D, engage the hand brake and relax till it is time to go.
Thanks. I think you meant to say "better to shift to N, engage the handbrake and relax till it is time to go".

Anyway that is what I am doing. Will be glad to hear from long term AT experts.
Old 15th August 2015, 16:16   #32
BHPian

Dear BNM - Very well written detailed ownership report. Congratulations on your new car and your quick upgrades look very nice. You have mentioned about 3M 1080 Black stickers, I have a question, if we want to remove, can it be done? I am planning to do it for my white SX(O). Just want to know before getting into it.

Last edited by vanchi_s : 15th August 2015 at 16:17. Reason: Corrected Grammar Error
vanchi_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 19:52   #33
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
Dear BNM - Very well written detailed ownership report. Congratulations on your new car and your quick upgrades look very nice. You have mentioned about 3M 1080 Black stickers, I have a question, if we want to remove, can it be done? I am planning to do it for my white SX(O). Just want to know before getting into it.
Yes it can be removed but again by experts in case there is any glue residue. I have seen very expensive cars like Audi A6 wrapped in front of my eyes. So I guess we should be OK. Wouldn't advise to get it done if your car is parked in the sun for long hours during the day.

Here's a useful link
http://www.lucentwraps.com/blog/car-wrap-easy-remove/
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 20:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi BNM, the car looks fantastic with all the tasteful mods you have done! Drive Safe!

Would you mind sharing the cost of the 3M wrap and the size of the roof area?!
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 01:21   #35
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations BNM, your ride looks killer with those stunning alloys and black roof. The original 16" alloys were too boring in my opinion, the ones you have look as good as the 17" diamond cut ones on the SX(O). How I wish there was an SX(O) option with the AT as well!
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 07:34   #36
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Hi BNM, the car looks fantastic with all the tasteful mods you have done! Drive Safe!

Would you mind sharing the cost of the 3M wrap and the size of the roof area?!
I didn't ask the roof area at the time of installation. I measured it now and it is 70" x 40 " which is Approx 20 sq ft. It costed me 6K including labour.
Old 16th August 2015, 08:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Congratulations BNM. Nice review. Loved the bit on the speed wise detail on the gearbox. Does look lovely with the modifications.

A few questions,

1. Is the 3M wrap in gloss black prone to scratches/swirl marks.
2.Did you check with Hyundai if they will void warranty if you change to aftermarket alloys?Suspension et all.
3. You mentioned extended warranty? Do they have it for the auto as well? Hyundai, traditionally doe not offer the extended warranty on their auto boxes.

Also the start/stop button on my Elantra is on the right. It's in the same place as on the Creta in my I10 Grand automatic.

Looking at now booking the SX(O) in silver.

We should catch up sometime.

Three cheers for a lovely write up.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 16th August 2015 at 08:28.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 09:13   #38
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Cars like Fortuner that go into neutral at higher speeds are scary.

Rahul
You are right about the Fortuner Rahul. Yesterday I drove my friends fortuner AT and like you said, the moment you remove your leg from the throttle, the RPM meter dips to the neutral RPM speed. Very different from what you see on the Creta.
Old 16th August 2015, 09:44   #39
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Congratulations BNM. Nice review. Loved the bit on the speed wise detail on the gearbox. Does look lovely with the modifications.

A few questions,

1. Is the 3M wrap in gloss black prone to scratches/swirl marks.
2.Did you check with Hyundai if they will void warranty if you change to aftermarket alloys?Suspension et all.
3. You mentioned extended warranty? Do they have it for the auto as well? Hyundai, traditionally doe not offer the extended warranty on their auto boxes.

Also the start/stop button on my Elantra is on the right. It's in the same place as on the Creta in my I10 Grand automatic.

Looking at now booking the SX(O) in silver.

We should catch up sometime.

Three cheers for a lovely write up.
Thanks a lot Arjun!
1. 3M wrap can definitely get scratches. However since the vehicle is tall, not many people will reach up there. I don't think the swirl marks will appear like it usually appears on the bonnet based on what I have seen. Whoever washes/wipes the car has to be wary of this.

2.No I didn't check. But the dealership themselves are offering to change the alloys. So I guess it is OK.
Not the best answer but I have been using their cars for 15 years and kept adding mods. Never had to go back to them for any replacements - touch wood.

Also if you read the manual under warranty, I don't think you can even change a bulb. No wonder Hyundai has been fined 420 crores. See link below

http://wap.business-standard.com/art...2801529_1.html

3. I will double check on the Auto box extended warranty. I remember my SA saying so. Checked the manual but it does not mention about any extended warranty for all variants - it is a common manual.

SX(O) is a great option. Silver is a safe color which hides all small scratches but you may get bored after some time.

Since you are a Hyundai fan, it will be great to catch up. I can PM my mobile and email id's.

Last edited by BNM : 16th August 2015 at 09:46.
Old 16th August 2015, 12:00   #40

CRETA looks smoking hot in that RED color!

The average of 14 kmpl in city seems very reasonable given that it is rare we go over 50-60 speed.

Looking forward for your comments post your long drive outskirts which would actually throw out the differences between automatic vs stick drive.

Happy driving!
adeshsurroach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 14:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Hi BNM, your ride looks really sweet! I loved the red/ black combo. Reminds me of a hottie in a short red dress and black high heels.
I know the SUV look doesn't go with my analogy, but I can't think of a better colour combo for this vehicle. Best wishes, and enjoy your ride!
param22k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 16:50   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1402916
3. Skips on features like Auto Rain sensing wipers, Reach adjustment, Driver side mirror, Supervision Cluster and a long list of small yet useful features available in cars like i20, grand i10.
Hi BNM,
Congratulations on your new purchase. The car looks stunning in Red with Blackened roof and multi spoke alloy wheel. A small sample to showcase your taste. Wish you a lot of happy, safe and hassle free miles on this new car.

A little off topic and this curious question surfaces my mind often these days. Since Hyundai these days are known for Trend setting in offering the most VFM product, their exclusions of the ones quoted above such as ' Auto Rain sensing wipers, Reach adjustment, Driver side mirror, etc' are shocking and surprising considering the price at which creta is offered.Do you think that this is purely to keep the ex-showroom price in check or due to the confidence that has grown in them due to the lack of competition in the market with most VFM product in this class?
DieselTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 19:03   #43
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
Hi BNM,
Congratulations on your new purchase. The car looks stunning in Red with Blackened roof and multi spoke alloy wheel. A small sample to showcase your taste. Wish you a lot of happy, safe and hassle free miles on this new car.

A little off topic and this curious question surfaces my mind often these days. Since Hyundai these days are known for Trend setting in offering the most VFM product, their exclusions of the ones quoted above such as ' Auto Rain sensing wipers, Reach adjustment, Driver side mirror, etc' are shocking and surprising considering the price at which creta is offered.Do you think that this is purely to keep the ex-showroom price in check or due to the confidence that has grown in them due to the lack of competition in the market with most VFM product in this class?
I think it is purely cost cutting measures at this time. In spite of that they are a lac more than the competition. In my opinion they are testing the market response and it is astounding with 30000 bookings. My guess going by previous experience with their cars - all the features will come back in a mid life face lift or could be earlier also. When I bought the first gen Verna CRDI there was no SX on offer but within 6 months, they got a fully loaded SX version.

Last edited by BNM : 16th August 2015 at 19:05.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 09:05   #44
BHPian

Congratulations for the new car. Looks smashing in that red.

Quote:

9. 3 years unlimited warranty which can be extended by 2 more years
Just a naive question. By "unlimited", do you mean "unlimited kms"?

Wish you a many happy and stress free miles.
Old 17th August 2015, 12:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

I read somewhere that RED was probably not the best color for the Creta. Looking at these pictures, I would say otherwise!

That roof wrap, the alloys and the leather seats - all look fantastic.

Would like to know how the AT fares in terms of fuel efficiency in bumper to bumper traffic over a period of 6 months. Please keep this thread alive.

Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks