Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2016, 21:36   #211
BHPian

[quote=bharath14;4083917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmansingh09 View Post
Hi. I am harman, a fellow owner of creta petrol automatic.

Must say your ownership report was a goldmine for me. It covered all my aspects and answered mostly all my questions, even i did my fare share in mods and try to individualise my creta from others.

Great mods mate! The car does look unique. What make/model alloys are those?

Hey!
Thank you so much.
The Alloys are LS forged, they were sourced by Dawn Auto in Chattarpur,New Delhi.
Harmansingh09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 21:11   #212
BHPian

Hi BNM. You've got a great looking car there. Loved the black roof and those rims.
I took delivery of my Creta SX+ D MT a few weeks ago and it's been sheer pleasure driving it around. The one area I'm not particularly happy with is lighting and that is where I need some help from you. A few questions for you:
1. What are the bulb types used in the headlights (main beam) and fog lights in the Creta? I couldn't find this from the owners manual.
2. What wattage are your HIDs?
3. After upgrading to Osram HIDs, have you noticed any of the internal lights flickerring/ dimming when the headlamps are switched on? I had this issue after upgrading to HIDs (Retrofit Source) on my Verna
MaddyCrew is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 14:51   #213
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Great review! Just test drove the top of the line Diesel Auto and came away impressed enough to immediately book the car.

My only gripes were the lack of good seat covers for the car. Any suggestions on where I can procure the most OEM looking set?
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 07:42   #214

Hi Fellow BHPians!

I got my new Creta Petrol AT Auto about a week back. A choice I made after reading all the reviews on TeamBHP as well as doing extensive test drives across a range of Auto and AMT cars/SUVs.

To set the context, I have been longing for an AT Car to keep me sane in the terrible office going traffic of Sarjapur Marathahalli ORR, Bangalore. My Beat Petrol was seven years old and due for a replacement and my Vento TDI is five years old and great for highways. I love that car, but driving around with the family in Bangalore is a pain because of its tendency to rub its bottom against uneven roads and mountainous road humps. Also three healthy people in the back seat is not possible.

I had two options - replace my Vento and go in for a 7-seater MUV/SUV AT (Diesel) or replace the Beat with a 5-Seater Petrol AT mainly for the City. I was going through Company Lease and that had its own restrictions of engine capacity and it ruled out a 4x4. So I dropped the idea of a Diesel 7-Seater and focused on the 5-seater Petrol AT.

After checking out various options, I had zeroed in on the new Jazz. I didn't want to go anywhere near a Suzuki. I do not believe that their cars have anything close to acceptable build quality. Apologies for a blanket statement, but I have not seen an exception so far. So Ertiga was not even part of the list. I ruled out Polo GT TSI (although I loved the driving dynamics of that car) because you don't get anything much in terms of bells and whistles for the price you pay and more importantly, the service experience with my Vento has been terrible. Renault/Nissan Frog was also ruled out because...well, it looks like a frog. Practically, it was also lowest on boot space. The i20 AT comes only in the Magna variant which is a shame as I liked the i20 overall.

So having decided on the Jazz, I landed up at the showroom on a Saturday with the family in tow. It was extremely crowded as the 2017 City had been recently launched. Despite that the Sales Guy managed to find a space to park my Vento and gave us enough time and attention. While he went off the arrange for the test drive, I saw the BR-V Petrol AT. It looked good, had decent amount of bells and whistles, and was a 7-seater. I was not impressed b its looks but was impressed by its practicality. What also interested me was the fact that the same 1.5 petrol CVT does service on the City and BR-V and I had always been impressed by Honda's petrol engines.

So I ended up test driving the Jazz and the BR-V. Jazz was amazing - responded well in open stretches and was quite easy in crawling bumper to bumper traffic. The only challenge was its ground clearance.

The BR-V on the other hand had better ground clearance, taller seating position and though longer, still felt like driving a smaller car. The Engine and CVT box was a big let-down. I don't know why, but I was sorely disappointed. Hardly any response and a decidedly sluggish feeling. So we came home and debated whether we should compromise on driveability for more space and ground clearance or stick to driveability as the prime factor.

Incidentally, a few days before, I had also test driven the Tucson. It is truly impressive, but not value for money even at that segment. So I had told the sales guy it is not worth spending money on for me. On Saturday evening, after I had done the Honda visit, The Hyundai Sales guy called me and asked if I wanted to check out the Creta Petrol AT and offered to bring it home for a test drive.

So Sunday morning saw us on the Creta Petrol AT. Within 5 minutes, all my previous deliberations and decisions went out the window. The engine was quite responsive as compared to Honda's CVTs. It looked like an SUV and behaved more like a Sedan. And the family said it was more comfortable that what ever we had tried before. So, although it was more expensive than the BR-V, I was OK to give up two additional seats and better fuel efficiency in the BR-V to gain great driveability and better comfort. Looks much better too.

So two weeks later (The car arrived in three days and took a day to get registered, but the Company Lease process took 10 days), I was the proud recipient of a Sleek Silver Creta!

I am running out of time, so will continue the story later - covering the experience at the Dealer and later on the driving experience after I have driven it around for a while.

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-creta1.jpg

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-creta2.jpg

Cheers!
avinashnair75 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 13:22   #215
BNM
BHPian

Sound Byte

I had got used to a constant "Whining" sound while driving for the last 1.5 years and assumed that it came with the car's engine/AT box. It was a variable audio frequency which increased/decreased with acceleration. It was irritating at first but I got used to it. I realised as recently as this week that it is called "Alternator Whining" noise which comes out of the music system if you have not installed the proper components when you have fitted after market amplifiers and speakers.

I had an unlucky break (actually lucky) when I started hearing some intermittent static noise from the speakers even when the Head unit was off. I took it to the technician who had fitted my system originally and spent a lot of money and time figuring it out - changing the amp, replacing the RCA cables, changing the earth points, changing the Hi-Lo converter etc. I even got a ground loop insulator from the US after seeing a couple of videos on YouTube. After 3 wasteful Saturdays I was at my wits end because I could still hear the crackling sound in the speakers even after removing the RCA cables from the Head Unit to the Amplifier.

Finally after getting some leads, I went to meet Mr. Venkatesh who owns Electro Mind (Double Road, Bangalore) and showed him my problem. He quickly realised that it was the AMP problem and he traced the problem to some some faulty transistors in the driver circuit which created the static crackling sound. While installing the AMP back, he also recommended me to install his own brand of Hi-Lo Converter to the system. Since I had come this far, I had nothing to lose and asked him to go ahead with blind faith. The kit came with its own harness which would easily connect to the original harness which came with the head unit. Unfortunately the wires in my system was cut at the time of the first installation and we just had to join the wires with insulation tape. The installation was done in 30 minutes with the new wiring to the Amp. Mr. Venkatesh did the final tuning which also came with the option of controlling Bass through an external control.

My God - what a difference! The cracking sound was gone. The alternator whining sound was gone and the music sounded totally different. The 3,000 odd Rupees I spent was well worth it. My vehicle sounds totally different when I drive it now. I am really glad I went to him.

Moral of the Story: Get the right components installed the first time especially when you fitting external components and get it done by the right people !

Last edited by BNM : 13th April 2017 at 13:30.
BNM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 16:20   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks for the update. Can you share the performance of the osram hids? Also, it would be great if you post some pictures of the low, high beam and cut off. Also, how was the installation? There seems to be some a small drilling that's required on the dust cover to run the wires. Can you share some pictures of that as well and how was the entire installation (the drilling part is what am concerned of). Sorry for too many questions. I need to install this next month.
Can you give me details on where did you buy this in bangalore and who would be the best bet to get this fixed
Old 30th June 2017, 17:30   #217
BNM
BHPian

20,000 Kms Milestone

Reached the 20,000 Kms milestone last week just one month shy of 2 years. Got the 3rd and final free service done.

Details of Service Done
1. Engine Oil 5.3 L = 1370=00
2. Consumables = 194=00
3. Filter Cartridge = 1790=00
4. Filter Air cleaner = 301=00
5. Service Kit Oil = 400 =00
Total = 4859=00 Rs (total including tax)

I did the Wheel Balancing and Alignment outside of Hyundai = Rs 1200

Comments
1. No Niggles whatsoever !
2. HID lights - real boon especially in the rains
3. Michelin Tyres - Not a single puncture in 2 years ! Comfortable Ride
4. Brakes - Got used to the spongy brakes. They are good enough for city driving
5. Music System - Did not upgrade the AVN S/w. Added a Subwoofer though
6. Mileage - 13.5 to 14 Km/Ltr average
7. Scratches/Dents - None !
8. Only grouse - lack of under thigh support in the front seats !

Overall I am very happy with the Car and the maintenance costs so far.

Last edited by BNM : 30th June 2017 at 17:32.
BNM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 23:02   #218
BHPian

Great ownership thread BNM! This has been a great read to help me through my decision process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
20,000 Kms Milestone

Reached the 20,000 Kms milestone last week just one month shy of 2 years. Got the 3rd and final free service done.

Details of Service Done
1. Engine Oil 5.3 L = 1370=00
2. Consumables = 194=00
3. Filter Cartridge = 1790=00
4. Filter Air cleaner = 301=00
5. Service Kit Oil = 400 =00
Total = 4859=00 Rs (total including tax)

I did the Wheel Balancing and Alignment outside of Hyundai = Rs 1200
Do you know what the service costs would be like after the free services finish? i.e. how much would labour increase the costs by?

Also, how have your leather seats been holding up? Any wear and tear signs after 20k?
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 12:57   #219
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Great ownership thread BNM! This has been a great read to help me through my decision process.

Do you know what the service costs would be like after the free services finish? i.e. how much would labour increase the costs by?

Also, how have your leather seats been holding up? Any wear and tear signs after 20k?
I guess it will be depend on what they are going to replace in the next service at 30K. I believe there are more items that will get replaced. Overall I am hoping it will be under 12K.

Leather Seats are doing just great. Absolutely no problem. I think the biggest advantage I have is that it is parked almost 24 hours in the confines of my garage or the closed parking in the office except for the ride in between.
Old 19th August 2017, 08:34   #220

Did you do the HID change
Took delivery of SX+ Petrol AT, wanting to change to HID. Explored the OSRAM, Nightbreaker LASER, but reviews are not rave.
Does a HID change devoids the warranty ? Does the OSRAM kit have a relay ?
Sorry for the long list of questions.
Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 13:03   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesmith View Post
Took delivery of SX+ Petrol AT,
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinashnair75 View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians!

I got my new Creta Petrol AT Auto

I am running out of time, so will continue the story later - covering the experience at the Dealer and later on the driving experience after I have driven it around for a while.

Attachment 1624855

Attachment 1624856

Cheers!
Can any of you share your experience with the creta petrol AT? I am not able to get a test drive for one in my city and hence have to rely on owner's perspective. I have driven the diesel AT. But in petrol AT i want to know the low end torque of the car for city driving and also how is the mid range pulling of the car. My car will be mostly city driven with may be 50 to 60 km highway trips that too very very rarely. Also an idea of the milage of the petrol AT would be great. Thanks in advance.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 14:50   #222
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesmith View Post
Did you do the HID change
Took delivery of SX+ Petrol AT, wanting to change to HID. Explored the OSRAM, Nightbreaker LASER, but reviews are not rave.
Does a HID change devoids the warranty ? Does the OSRAM kit have a relay ?
Sorry for the long list of questions.
Thanks
Sorry Bonesmith. Its been 2 years and I have forgotten the details. I think it is Osram and it is great. A few guys told me that the light won't penetrate rain and it will be useless. But I never had a problem. Yes it does have a relay.

I am not sure about the warranties. I just go ahead with my mods based on my earlier experience and ready to take risks. So far I never had issues with any of my mods. All the best !
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 11:45   #223

Quote:
Team BHP ! - Found one last sticker
Attachment 1404741

Last Mod hopefully - HID Kit from OSRAM.
The white light from the HID now goes very well with the LED lights. Cost me 11K.
Attachment 1404742

Hi, I am looking to upgrade my stock halogen projector to HID. Wanted to know your experience so far. Was the stock lens swapped with another? Are there any glares if you are using stock lens?
Old 25th October 2017, 19:31   #224
BNM
BHPian

US Sojourn - 2017

Back from my Las Vegas trip. Got to drive the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Nissan Frontier truck, 2017 Honda CRV, Mazda CX9 and finally the Kia Soul.

Here I am with the Grand Cherokee Limited version obviously the best amongst the lot. I also had a close shave with the deadliest shooting that happened in Las Vegas Strip on 1st October while enjoying a drive in my Jeep. I was about 500 meters away from Mandalay bay on S.Las Vegas Blvd. when I saw the road was blocked with police cars and ambulances. We waited for a while thinking that there was an accident. Since the traffic had come to a complete halt, I then took a diversion on Tropicana Ave. and reached my hotel via the freeway. At that time I did not know what had happened and only came to know at midnight that the deadliest shooting in US history had taken place. Very sad incident indeed leaving 58 dead and more than 500 wounded. I thank my stars to be alive !

All this while, I kept seeing horrible videos of Bangalore getting flooded and people getting killed on the pothole ridden roads. I was dreading coming back to Bangalore after having driven on such wonderful roads. Anyway I think BBMP has done a decent job of filling up the pot holes. I am back to driving my good old Creta which is handling the roads with aplomb
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-jeep1.jpg  

Last edited by BNM : 25th October 2017 at 19:34.
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 19:57   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Last Mod hopefully - HID Kit from OSRAM.
The white light from the HID now goes very well with the LED lights. Cost me 11K.
Attachment 1404742
BNW - Would you be able to share the model information for the OSRAM HID Kit ? Is it a conversion kit or a direct replacement ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks