Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 18:59   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Thanks BNM. Your report helped push the decision. Took the delivery of our white SX+ CRDI auto Creta yesterday.

Luckily our Creta has come with leather wrapped steering but I still miss the seats. Loved your seats. Sadly we dont have too many options here in Goa.

By the way have you evaluated front parking sensors for your Creta or know of anyone who has?

Cheers
Vinesh
vineshpikale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 21:16   #197
BHPian

Hi BNM, Soon to be a year for you and the Red Creta. Thank you for keeping the thread updated so potential buyers are kept informed. I am on the look out for The Creta. I was thinking of the 1.6 SX(O) which I loved during the TD. But the AMT has caught my eye now. I stay in near to Sahakarnagar and work at GRTP, Whitefield.
I love to drive my current I20 Asta CRDI on the open roads but when It comes to the those traffic jams I wish I had an automatic. Keeping in mind I am not getting any younger and the Bangalore traffic is not getting any less I am leaning towards the AMT SX+. I wanted to know if you had done any long term calculations regarding the maintenance. if yes what kind of numbers came up. eg AMT regular maintenance.
Also does the regular and extended warranty cover the AMT gear box.? I plan to keep the car for 5 to 8 years. If my driving distance stays the same approx 1500km/month. I think the AMT makes sense.
Old 11th August 2016, 22:43   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Hi BNM, Soon to be a year for you and the Red Creta. Thank you for keeping the thread updated so potential buyers are kept informed. I am on the look out for The Creta. I was thinking of the 1.6 SX(O) which I loved during the TD. But the AMT has caught my eye now. I stay in near to Sahakarnagar and work at GRTP, Whitefield.
I love to drive my current I20 Asta CRDI on the open roads but when It comes to the those traffic jams I wish I had an automatic. Keeping in mind I am not getting any younger and the Bangalore traffic is not getting any less I am leaning towards the AMT SX+. I wanted to know if you had done any long term calculations regarding the maintenance. if yes what kind of numbers came up. eg AMT regular maintenance.
Also does the regular and extended warranty cover the AMT gear box.? I plan to keep the car for 5 to 8 years. If my driving distance stays the same approx 1500km/month. I think the AMT makes sense.
Hey mate,

Just a small note, the Creta has a proper AT (automatic transmission), and not an AMT (automated manual transmission) as duster and a few others have.
Insane Devil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 17:24   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hey mate,

Just a small note, the Creta has a proper AT (automatic transmission), and not an AMT (automated manual transmission) as duster and a few others have.
Yes, my mistake. I was discussing with a friend about various automatics and the AMT just stuck in head. Anyway booked a SX+ AT, delivery before the end of the month if all goes as per plan.
yajaman99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 19:28   #200
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure you will not regret your decision to buy the AT - especially considering the traffic mess at KR Puram everyday (I am sure you are using the same Outer ring road from Hebbal to Whitefield).

Based on my experience with the diesel Verna which I owned previously, I am assuming it would cost 8 to 10K per year for the 10,000 Kms service. Maybe it would cost you twice the amount since you have indicated around 20K usage.

I dont have any idea on the maintenance for the AT transmission. However in my own experience and reading a few threads on TBHP, several manual clutch assemblies have been changed on the Vernas costing 20 to 25K - this at probably 25 to 30,000 Kms.
Old 12th August 2016, 20:09   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
I am sure you will not regret your decision to buy the AT -
HI BNM, thanks for the update. Yeah since i would cover 10K in 6 months maintenance is doubled yearly. To avoid the crazy jams i take a different route which is sort of a parallel ORR. 10KM extra but minimal traffic,. With the AT I can swap between the routes. Just waiting for the delivery and start my experience with an automatic.
Old 11th September 2016, 00:49   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goan View Post
Great mileage you are getting there BNM.
We have been constantly getting 12.50 km/l and we too have clocked 3000 odd kilometres.
The dealer recently enquired with me about the mileage as prospective customers are asking them real world figures. It seems other AT owners too are getting close to 12.50 and some less.
We are barely getting 11. Hopefully we'll get to your 12.5 figure after second service. I'm assuming these numbers are for Panaji use?

Last edited by vineshpikale : 11th September 2016 at 00:51. Reason: Mis-clicked a quote+ while typing on my phone.
vineshpikale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 20:13   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineshpikale View Post
We are barely getting 11. Hopefully we'll get to your 12.5 figure after second service. I'm assuming these numbers are for Panaji use?
Yes these figures are for use in and around Panaji on weekdays, and drive to our native place 30 kms away on weekends.
I think your numbers should improve gradually.
Old 15th September 2016, 10:29   #204
BHPian

Hi BNM, quick question. my AT does not seem beep when while in reverse mode when approaching close to objects. Is this normal? I will be going for the first free service shortly so wanted to check if something is wrong.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 15th September 2016 at 10:30.
Old 17th September 2016, 03:55   #205
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BNM, quick question. my AT does not seem beep when while in reverse mode when approaching close to objects. Is this normal? I will be going for the first free service shortly so wanted to check if something is wrong.

No it is not Normal. It has to beep while any other car fitted with reverse sensors.
Old 18th October 2016, 13:29   #206
BHPian

Hi! BNM ,I also own a Hyundai Creta SX+ AT.
I'm in mood of changing halogen bulbs of my car with HIDs, Can you clarify whether i have to use Can bus ballasts or non- can bus to avoid errors if any,
What wattage is to be preferred for main headlight projector hid 35w or 55w?
Old 29th October 2016, 06:28   #207
BHPian

Hi. I am harman, a fellow owner of creta petrol automatic.

Must say your ownership report was a goldmine for me. It covered all my aspects and answered mostly all my questions, even i did my fare share in mods and try to individualise my creta from others.
My basic pull to get audio upgrades and hid upgrades was decided once i looked at yours.
Btw i am a big fan of your rims, must say suit the creta
quite wellHyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477702597.551289.jpgHyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477702622.590405.jpgHyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477702648.241074.jpgHyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477702669.144043.jpg

Have you planned any performance upgrades btw? Just curious
Harmansingh09 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 08:16   #208
BHPian

[quote=Harmansingh09;4083638]Hi. I am harman, a fellow owner of creta petrol automatic.

Must say your ownership report was a goldmine for me. It covered all my aspects and answered mostly all my questions, even i did my fare share in mods and try to individualise my creta from others.

Great mods mate! The car does look unique. What make/model alloys are those?
bharath14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 16:33   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmansingh09 View Post
Hi. I am harman, a fellow owner of creta petrol automatic.

My basic pull to get audio upgrades and hid upgrades was decided once i looked at yours.
Btw i am a big fan of your rims, must say suit the creta
quite wellAttachment 1571835Attachment 1571836Attachment 1571837Attachment 1571838

Have you planned any performance upgrades btw? Just curious
Those rear headlamps look amazing. May I ask where did you get those form and how much did they cost you?
Old 31st October 2016, 23:02   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Those rear headlamps look amazing. May I ask where did you get those form and how much did they cost you?

Hey thanks!

The taillights were bought from automarc in defence colony,new delhi but he delivers pan india.

Note from Support:
Please ensure that you use CAPITAL letters where required.
Thank you for the Support.

Last edited by bblost : 31st October 2016 at 23:39.
Harmansingh09 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks