Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2016, 08:15   #181
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

BNM,
Could you tell me where you got leather seat and steering wrapping done?. How much did it cost? and also what brand/variant?
For steering, do they have to remove something?. Is it safe to do it outside authorized dealer?
Old 28th February 2016, 18:02   #182
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
BNM,
Could you tell me where you got leather seat and steering wrapping done?. How much did it cost? and also what brand/variant?
For steering, do they have to remove something?. Is it safe to do it outside authorized dealer?
The seating and steering was done by "GENOUS". Contact person is Mr. Basavaraj. It is just behind Urvashi theater.

I was very particular about getting it done with Nappa which is the most expensive leather but I was advised against it by Mr. Basavaraj himself who said that the leather cracks up sooner that other varieties. So I went for the next best (I do not remember the exact name but it costs around 7K lesser).

Yes the Steering will be removed. But they a good job. Nothing to worry with the Genous guys. They must have done several hundreds by now (mine was the 4th Creta)

You should be able to get it for 40K.

Last edited by BNM : 28th February 2016 at 18:08.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 23:37   #183
BNM
BHPian

5 Things You should Never Do in an Automatic Transmission

BNM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 23:52   #184
BHPian

Hey. I booked a Creta AT last month and waiting for the call from the dealer now. Been using a VW Vento AT for last 4 years, so had to buy an AT only. I like driving fast, corner hard, etc. Vento hasn't given me a reason to complain and natural upgrade would have been a Jetta perhaps. But then, it's way too expensive for AT Highline. So venturing out and surprisingly against all odds liked the Creta. Found it to be stable and not have much roll over.

Reading your review and seeing issues around 20-40 km drive and brakes issue, I'm concerned. Please share if these are temporary or how they stack up against a Vento if you've driven one. How is bold quality because I don't like my cars to be squeaky and previously was unhappy with my City zx, so please share inputs on Creta and help me decide. Do I need to look elsewhere or continue with my decision. Duster has come with AT but doubt if I'll like its build quality and interiors.

Look forward to your inputs.

Mod note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th July 2016 at 13:14.
Alisiddiqui is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th March 2016, 18:06   #185
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Hey. I booked a creta AT last month and waiting for the call from the dealer now. Been using a VW Vento AT for last 4 years, so had to buy an AT only. I like driving fast, corner hard, etc. Vento hasn't given me z reason to complain and natural upgrade would have been a Jetta perhaps. But then, it's way too expensive for AT Highline. So venturing out and surprisingly against all odds liked the creta. Found it to be stable and not have much roll over.

Reading your review and seeing issues around 20-40 km drive and brakes issue, am concerned. Pls share if these are temporary or how they stack up against a Vento if you've driven one. How is bold quality because I don't like my cars to be squeeky and previously was unhappy with my city zx, so pls share inputs on creta and help me decide. Do I need to look elsewhere or continue with my decision. Duster has come with AT but doubt if I'll like its build quality and interiors.

Look forward to your inputs.

1. I have driven a Vento TDI manual. The turbo punch which pushes you back in your seat is exhilarating. This was somewhat the same with the first gen verna which was released in 2006. The fluidic verna had linear power delivery and certainly lacked the punch like the Vento or the Skoda laura even.

2. I am more of a city driver and I am not an enthusiastic driver either. So it will be wrong on my part to comment since I have not pushed the Creta AT to its limits. But the manual version seems to be a superb performer.

3. The 20 to 40 KMPH issue - it clarify it is not a power delivery issue in this speed band. It is the constant working of the gears upshifting and downshifting in dense traffic and the whining sound of the transmission which will irritate you. If you have the music system ON this wont be a bother at all. I am sure this will be the case with all torque converter transmissions (even the high end Santa Fe also behaves this way)

4. The Brakes takes a little bit of getting used to. It took me about 5000 kms and now I know how and in what distance it exactly stops. Seems a little spongy for someone coming from other cars but you will gradually get more confidence.

Hope this helps.
Old 15th March 2016, 22:06   #186
BHPian

Thanks a ton. Your response is helpful. I may not realize these to be issues having already used a torque converter. Gather that Creta's production has been ramped up and hope to get my vehicle sooner.
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:38   #187
Senior - BHPian

Hey, your review has been most insightful. Wanted to clarify a few things if you could suggest.
I am thinking of getting the petrol AT for my parents. They are moving from the old Honda City. Would like to know how easy is it to get in and out of the vehicle compared to a sedan.( Still have to take a test drive).
Also anything in particular your wife dislikes about it while driving or in general compared to a sedan.
Oh btw the seats looks fantastic.
Old 7th July 2016, 14:37   #188
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Hey, your review has been most insightful. Wanted to clarify a few things if you could suggest.
I am thinking of getting the petrol AT for my parents. They are moving from the old Honda City. Would like to know how easy is it to get in and out of the vehicle compared to a sedan.( Still have to take a test drive).
Also anything in particular your wife dislikes about it while driving or in general compared to a sedan.
Oh btw the seats looks fantastic.
It is very convenient to get in and out of the Creta. It is like walking in. Its not too tall like the fortuner which needs a side step nor is it low like the Verna or the Honda City where you need to slouch to get in.

My wife prefers driving the manual shift (her i20) which should come as a surprise . She says the head rests are not comfortable in the Creta for her height which is 5'4". Apart from that she hasnt had any qualms.
Old 7th July 2016, 15:15   #189
BNM
BHPian

The 10,000 Km Milestone:

Its been a while since I posted anything on this thread. Both the Creta and me were quietly accumulating the KMS on the ODO without any fuss or problems.

Finally got the 2nd service done yesterday. The Bill amount was Rs. 4163=00 (Oil change and Wheel Balancing/Alignment Charges).

Experience So Far:
1. No issues or niggles whatsoever!
2. Comfortable for city drives - especially Bangalore traffic !
3. Mileage averaging between 13 and 14 Kmpl

Many more miles to go....
Attached Images

BNM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 16:05   #190
BHPian

Boy ! 4163 is pretty steep for the second service, what kind of oil did they put in !

BNM,
Can you confirm if your after-market speakers fit well in the slots where the original OEM speakers were, or did you sense any clicks when the front door windows are rolled down (or additional vibrations when you close the door with the window down)
Old 7th July 2016, 19:31   #191
BHPian

BNM,
You seemed to have changed the number plates Advaith gave you. Where did you get the new ones? What is the material / style name for it?

Pls let me know.
Old 11th July 2016, 12:10   #192

BNM, Congratulations on your Creta. After reading your review, I booked an Automatic Creta without even having Test Driven it! I absolutely LOVE the car. I have driven about 23000 Kms on it till date. Extremely happy with the performance of the car even at high speeds. Just wanted to Thank you for your Review & yes... You car looks just FANTASTIC!!!
nirahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 19:34   #193
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashgp View Post
BNM,
You seemed to have changed the number plates Advaith gave you. Where did you get the new ones? What is the material / style name for it?

Pls let me know.
Yes I did. These are transparent plastic plates. A layer of silver sticker is pasted and the number is embossed on it. You just have to show the pics. Any of the standard number plate guys will do it for you.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 19:48   #194
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Boy ! 4163 is pretty steep for the second service, what kind of oil did they put in !

Just Normal Oil Rs 269 per Ltr x 5.3 Lts

BNM,
Can you confirm if your after-market speakers fit well in the slots where the original OEM speakers were, or did you sense any clicks when the front door windows are rolled down (or additional vibrations when you close the door with the window down)
Usually once you remove the OEM speakers, you need to install wooden spacers and then bolt the speakers onto them. I went an extra step and did some damping also. So no interference of any sort when the windows roll down.
Old 17th July 2016, 17:27   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Usually once you remove the OEM speakers, you need to install wooden spacers and then bolt the speakers onto them. I went an extra step and did some damping also. So no interference of any sort when the windows roll down.
Thanks, guess the shop I went to didn't do such a proper job ! I did install some damping but I think they messed up on the spacers, will have to get it redone !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks