Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2015, 23:23   #166
BNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepmr View Post
Thanks BNM for the excellent writeup. I have booked SX CRDI, now waiting for D Day ! Your write up is certainly helping me on deciding on the modifications.
Can you please let me know the contact person/place where you got the OSRAM HIDs installed. I am assuming the bulbs are 9005/H27.
Sorry for the late response. You are right. I got it down at SNLP pit stop. But I am sure most accessories shops do it.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 23:27   #167
BNM
BHPian

Best Mileage Report yet...
ODO reading : 3740 Kms
Trip Meter. : 746 Kms
Fuel Filled. : 52.23 Lts
Mileage. : 14.28 Kms/Ltr
Avg Speed. : 29 KMPH
(All within Bangalore city limits. A/c on all the time. Changed my route back home from Whitefield)

Last edited by BNM : 21st December 2015 at 23:30.
Old 31st December 2015, 16:30   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Best Mileage Report yet...
ODO reading : 3740 Kms
Trip Meter. : 746 Kms
Fuel Filled. : 52.23 Lts
Mileage. : 14.28 Kms/Ltr
Avg Speed. : 29 KMPH
(All within Bangalore city limits. A/c on all the time. Changed my route back home from Whitefield)
Great mileage you are getting there BNM.
We have been constantly getting 12.50 km/l and we too have clocked 3000 odd kilometres.
The dealer recently enquired with me about the mileage as prospective customers are asking them real world figures. It seems other AT owners too are getting close to 12.50 and some less.
The Goan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 17:01   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goan View Post
Great mileage you are getting there BNM.
We have been constantly getting 12.50 km/l and we too have clocked 3000 odd kilometres.
The dealer recently enquired with me about the mileage as prospective customers are asking them real world figures. It seems other AT owners too are getting close to 12.50 and some less.
I get about 11 with all Bangalore city driving and about 16 on the highway. It all comes down to the average speed. BNM's commute route lets him average 29 kmph, while my average is 17 at best. This is after 3500 kms on the odo and after completing first servicing.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 09:54   #170

Hi Goan ,

I think you have upgraded your tyres to 235/55 r17 with 7.5 j wheel. So can you please post whether do you feel any drop in power and has your dynamics improved significantly at triple digit speeds due to the upgrade?Do you feel any other significant points to be mentioned on the upgrade.Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2016, 21:34   #171
BNM
BHPian

5,000 Kms Finally !

it came a bit late due to my constant travelling (not in the creta) but finally hit the 5,000 mark today. Just wanted to share my experiences so far. Completed the first service at 2000 Kms. Engine oil level is just a tad short of the max level. No top ups whatsoever except for changing the perfume stick.

Good Stuff:
1. Happy to report "No Niggles" whatsoever !
2. Outstanding drive characteristics in the city
3. Got used to the Braking and it is actually Good !
4. Mileage consistent approx 13 KMPL in city conditions

Not So Good Stuff:
1. The 20 to 40 Kmph drive band whining !
2. Miss the auto dimming mirror, auto lock and auto rain sensing features sorely !

Nothing else but a hassle free ownership so far....
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-instasize_0203181620.jpg.jpeg  

Last edited by BNM : 3rd February 2016 at 21:36.
BNM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 19:34   #172
BHPian

Hi BNM, great report,. How would you characterise it's characteristics on the Highway and (if you've done it) on hilly roads?
Old 10th February 2016, 21:43   #173
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Hi BNM, great report,. How would you characterise it's characteristics on the Highway and (if you've done it) on hilly roads?
I have driven only about 500kms on the highway (more details on post 138 on the same thread). Unfortunately I haven't driven on any hilly roads yet.

I however saw a nice video on YouTube - Great Indian Drive from Leh to Kolkata. Seems to be a great handler under all conditions.
Old 11th February 2016, 13:32   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
I have driven only about 500kms on the highway (more details on post 138 on the same thread). Unfortunately I haven't driven on any hilly roads yet.

I however saw a nice video on YouTube - Great Indian Drive from Leh to Kolkata. Seems to be a great handler under all conditions.
I own Creta AT so I guess it is okay to answer even though the question is for BNM.

I am close to 6000 kms in about 2.5 months of which majority of kms were on highways. Have also driven up a hill on one trip. Very comfortable and confidence-inspiring ride. Only if you are driving at insane / unmentionable speeds then the braking may give you some jitters.

Regarding hills, I was never short of power and always felt in-control. While driving down from the hill, I had to even back up for more than 25 meters because the road was very narrow and a bus was climbing up. So I had to climb up in "R" mode till I could find a safe spot for the bus to pass. That could have been very tricky with couple of small turns too in the mix but Creta handled that part very well. Car and yours truly got a big thumbs up from wife after that maneuver .
sohu9 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 17:03   #175
BHPian

Hi BNM, congrats on completing 5K! I am planning on an AT for daily commute (50-60km avg/day), and as you may know there are limited options in the market.
I ve tested the AT Baleno, Jazz, Aspire, TUV AMT so far and I m waiting for the Hyundai dealer to arrange a test drive on the Verna & Creta AT. Not too keen on the VW TDIs for now. I m used to driving cars with good AT gearboxes in India and hence the benchmark is pretty high.

If I am getting the Creta, given its on-road price tag of 17 (Chennai), I would expect the gearbox not to disappoint.

You had repeatedly mentioned the uninspiring low speed (20-40 kmph) behaviour which has now become my primary concern. I would appreciate if you could compare it with the other prominent AT gearboxes that you may have driven and let me know your valuable opinion!

Cheers!
Old 18th February 2016, 20:36   #176
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath14 View Post
Hi BNM, congrats on completing 5K! I am planning on an AT for daily commute (50-60km avg/day), and as you may know there are limited options in the market.
I ve tested the AT Baleno, Jazz, Aspire, TUV AMT so far and I m waiting for the Hyundai dealer to arrange a test drive on the Verna & Creta AT. Not too keen on the VW TDIs for now. I m used to driving cars with good AT gearboxes in India and hence the benchmark is pretty high.

If I am getting the Creta, given its on-road price tag of 17 (Chennai), I would expect the gearbox not to disappoint.

You had repeatedly mentioned the uninspiring low speed (20-40 kmph) behaviour which has now become my primary concern. I would appreciate if you could compare it with the other prominent AT gearboxes that you may have driven and let me know your valuable opinion!

Cheers!
Hi Bharath,

Like you said, there aren't many cars in this category where you can compare the AT transmissions.

On the lower end you have the Verna with a 4 speed AT box and the Vento/Rapid with the 7 speed DSG. You have already expressed your dislike to the VW brand and the Verna wont do you any good either.

No automatic options on the S Cross and the upcoming Brezza also from the Maruti stables.

This only leaves you with the XUV Automatic and the new Duster AMT in a similar bracket. I haven't driven either of them.

On the higher end you have the Fortuner, Endeavor, Audi Q3 and the Santa Fe. But then all these cost 35 Lacs+.

Given all that, You can live with the Creta. It is not so bad actually. Blame our traffic and our bad road sense mostly. Insist on driving in dense traffic and see it for yourself if it makes sense.
Old 18th February 2016, 21:02   #177
BHPian

Hi BNM, thanks for your reply and great timing on that too as I have just started a new thread (content pasted below for ready reference) comparing the Creta AT to a used B class.

The XUV AT is a great suggestion but is too big for my liking, and the Duster AMT is still many months away. I also have my reservations on the dusters aged styling (love the suspension/ride quality though) and an AMT. The current hunt is to replace two cars with one - Amaze & Ecosport.

Your insights will be of great help!

======
Hey guys,

I intend getting an automatic diesel family car mainly for city commute, and had decided on the Creta AT, subject to the test drive meeting expectations.

While I was (still am) waiting for the Hyundai dealer to arrange for a test drive, I happened to notice an used Merc B Class - 2013, Diesel 110 BHP 7 G DCT, 20k km, Looks clean! Considering the popularity of the B Class, I believe I can negotiate hard and get good VFM.

Assuming the waiting period for the Creta AT is not an issue, which would be a better buy?

The Merc will be high on maintenance, warranty would expire soon, 110 bhp 2.2ltr engine is not very spirited, looks boring and possibly will have very few takers when I decide to sell it. Positives that I can think of are built quality, great interiors, leather seats, safety features, efficient engine with proven 7 speed gearbox, brand value.

I would appreciate inputs from you guys which I hope would enable me to take an informed decision!
========
Old 19th February 2016, 00:34   #178
BHPian

Quote:

The Merc will be high on maintenance, warranty would expire soon, 110 bhp 2.2ltr engine is not very spirited, looks boring and possibly will have very few takers when I decide to sell it. Positives that I can think of are built quality, great interiors, leather seats, safety features, efficient engine with proven 7 speed gearbox, brand value.

I would appreciate inputs from you guys which I hope would enable me to take an informed decision!
========
The b comes with the same engine as the c class ! A simple remap will push the b to a very respectable power figure.
If you are willing to take on the higher maintenance costs, my pick would definitely be the b class. Bargain hard, and you will definitely get a good deal on it , so resale few down years the line wont be a huge loss.
I may be biased since im a big fan of buying preloved rides.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 08:17   #179
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:

Hey guys,

I intend getting an automatic diesel family car mainly for city commute, and had decided on the Creta AT, subject to the test drive meeting expectations.

========

Bharath, if you are not too much in a hurry,you could wait till sept and take a look at the all new Tuscon from Hyundai. It's not too big not too small kind of SUV. Should come with a lots of bells and whistles, like 6 airbags, cooled seats, dual zone climate control and a better 2 litre engine. Probably at around 21 lakhs ex showroom for top spec.
The Merc diesel in the A,B and GLA are totally disappointing. I did drive a diesel GLA recently and was totally disappointed. Mercedes gear boxes aren't great either. Like BNM suggested you could look at a remap but I personally want a good output made great on a remap and not a poor output being remapped to good.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 19th February 2016 at 08:19.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 19:56   #180
BHPian

I have booked the Creta AT and looking forward to it! Chose Polar white
Managed to negotiate to get OEM Mudflaps, Cabin & boot rubber mats.

They had a stardust Dec 2015 manufactured car and offered some discount and immediate delivery, but after initial consideration I decided against it.

I wish the AT at least came with leather wrapped steering. Thats something I m considering after market. Any recommendations/suggestions?
bharath14 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed