Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 08:14   #151
BNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

3rd Mileage Report

Filled up 51.7 Lts today.
Trip meter reading : 716 kms
(500 kms on Highway and 216 kms in city)
Overall mileage: 13.84 kms/ltr
Highway mileage : 14.90
City mileage: approx 12.5 Kms from previous runs.

(looks less but mysore road is no longer a highway with so many towns and blockages all over. Maybe a trip to Goa will be great )
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 08:51   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
3rd Mileage Report

Filled up 51.7 Lts today.
Trip meter reading : 716 kms
(500 kms on Highway and 216 kms in city)
Overall mileage: 13.84 kms/ltr
Highway mileage : 14.90
City mileage: approx 12.5 Kms from previous runs.

(looks less but mysore road is no longer a highway with so many towns and blockages all over. Maybe a trip to Goa will be great )
Great
I was calculating the FE for my Nanook ( 1.6 VTVT SX Petrol) after two months of ownership
I keep a track of weekly mileage and fuel filled
The odo today stands at 3688. I have till date filled 312. 2 ltrs of fuel (added 4 ltrs given by Hyundai on delivery). As per my assumption since the fuel indicator is 2 notches above the half way , there should be between 30 and 35 ltrs of fuel in tank.
So the FE approx 13.12 kmpl. Which for petrol is awesome i feel

Last edited by nkghai : 18th November 2015 at 08:55.
nkghai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 11:06   #153
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Great
As per my assumption since the fuel indicator is 2 notches above the half way , there should be between 30 and 35 ltrs of fuel in tank.
Please dont trust the fuel meter. It shows me 1 notch less only after reaching 220 Kms or so. Most often it shows 1/2 tank at the 400 kms mark. But definitely it does not mean that 25 lts is available to travel another 400 Kms.
For ex. when I filled up today, it still showed 3 notches but the tank took in 51.7 litres. So 3 notches = 4 Lts ? (assuming 55 Litres is max capacity).
Old 18th November 2015, 11:14   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Please dont trust the fuel meter. It shows me 1 notch less only after reaching 220 Kms or so. Most often it shows 1/2 tank at the 400 kms mark. But definitely it does not mean that 25 lts is available to travel another 400 Kms.
For ex. when I filled up today, it still showed 3 notches but the tank took in 51.7 litres. So 3 notches = 4 Lts ? (assuming 55 Litres is max capacity).
Correct, i also feels so.

I had also noted the odo reading at one notch only which was just before the last filling. Purposely drove till only one notch and even a few kms on one notch and then calculated, with fuel filled till that time.

At that point of time also the FE was 13.1.

As the kms keep on adding even a 5 ltr difference will amount to a kpl difference in points. So lets see
Old 21st November 2015, 09:02   #155
BNM
BHPian

TUV 3OO

Drove my colleague's TUV T8 briefly yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised with the car.

1. It does not look as bad in the flesh as it looks in pictures (I mean the Boxy looks).
2. Build quality is decent. No major panel gaps or anything.
3. Best dashboard from Mahindra so far. No animal parts or textures . Wish XUV can take cue.
4. Irritating ergonomics - window controls, door handles, seat belt retraction, seat handles
5. Driveability: superb. Torque is great. Easily pulls in 2nd and 3rd gears.
6. Refinement: can feel some vibrations during gear shifts. Gear lever also shakes considerably at times.

Overall major VFM product @ 11.4 Lacs on road price Bangalore (I believe 1 lac will be refunded as some subsidy a month from now )
Old 24th November 2015, 22:19   #156
BHPian

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Hey how's the creta holding up? The never ending rains are wrecking havoc here in chennai. When I'm driving in roads with ankle deep water I hear this grinding noise (like scraping rubber against a rough metal surface ) when I apply the brakes. It gets really loud sometimes. This common? I had a 2003 Honda Accord automatic that exhibited similar symptoms during the rains.

Should I be worried?

Last edited by vinj14 : 24th November 2015 at 22:23.
Old 27th November 2015, 23:32   #157
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Hey how's the creta holding up? The never ending rains are wrecking havoc here in chennai. When I'm driving in roads with ankle deep water I hear this grinding noise (like scraping rubber against a rough metal surface ) when I apply the brakes. It gets really loud sometimes. This common? I had a 2003 Honda Accord automatic that exhibited similar symptoms during the rains.

Should I be worried?
Luckily Bangalore has not been flooding (at least the roads I ply on) but there are huge craters all over the place. Got the vehicle vehicle wet on all days.

Definitely I too heard the grinding noise from the brakes as soon I started the vehicle and backed up from my garage in the mornings. I thought the guy cleaning the car must have splashed too much water into the discs/drums and hence the noise. But the sound disappeared after 2 or 3 kms of driving. It is really scary to hear the grinding noise on the AT to be frank because it is the last frontier.

I did not hear the sound when driving in the rains. Did you ?
Old 1st December 2015, 13:50   #158
amk

BNM, do you find the engine noisy? I got the auto; the engine is really harsh and noisy at very low revs; smooths off around the mid range then again gets very noisy. Is this normal?
Old 1st December 2015, 14:46   #159
BHPian

Quote:
TUV 3OO

Overall major VFM product @ 11.4 Lacs on road price Bangalore (I believe 1 lac will be refunded as some subsidy a month from now )
This is OT since its about TUV in this thread, but wanted to ask: what is this subsidy that you have heard about - please can you elaborate?
Old 3rd December 2015, 00:05   #160
BHPian

AMK, i too experience the same, the engine noise is higher. The fuel economy is just 12 km/l for the Auto box with 70% city driving and 30% Highway driving. I too hear that grinding noise when i apply brakes, i feel the brakes are not adequate may be i am spoiled by Skoda Superb but i feel creta doesn't give the confidence i got while driving my Duster.
Rear right power windows gets down but when i tried to close it didn't work, i took it to the dealer they said the control unit in the driver side has failed and they need to talk to Hyundai to get it checked.

Last edited by pjegadeesh : 3rd December 2015 at 00:07.
Old 4th December 2015, 13:42   #161
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
This is OT since its about TUV in this thread, but wanted to ask: what is this subsidy that you have heard about - please can you elaborate?
My colleague got the vehicle at 11.4 Lacs OTR. Since then the price has now reduced to 10.4 Lacs OTR. He was contacted by Mahindra and would be getting a refund of 1 Lac. He is not sure what they are calling it. I will update once that happens.
Old 4th December 2015, 13:55   #162
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk View Post
BNM, do you find the engine noisy? I got the auto; the engine is really harsh and noisy at very low revs; smooths off around the mid range then again gets very noisy. Is this normal?
I dont find it harsh or noisy in particular at city speeds. The noise levels are actually lesser than the fluidic CRDI Verna I had earlier. However after speeds of 110 KMPH the sound got very noticeable as I have mentioned in my earlier post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
AMK, i too experience the same, the engine noise is higher. The fuel economy is just 12 km/l for the Auto box with 70% city driving and 30% Highway driving. I too hear that grinding noise when i apply brakes, i feel the brakes are not adequate may be i am spoiled by Skoda Superb but i feel creta doesn't give the confidence i got while driving my Duster.
I definitely agree that the brakes don't feel adequate. I have stated this a few times earlier. With the absence of ESC it makes me even more nervous. But in Bangalore speeds it is ok.

The engine sounds a little higher due to the constant acceleration/deceleration especially in cities like Bangalore. You can never even go beyond 20KMPH on the whitefield road. My average mileage has been between 12.5 and 13 KMS/LTR. The average speed also has been around 20 to 22 KM/HR. I am sure no car with the exception of ETIOS Diesel will give any kind of good mileage in these conditions. I saw some recent stats that said the average speed in Bangalore has come down from 15 to 12 KMPH in a matter of 3 months. It is expected to be 5 KMPH in 2020. God help us all ! Amen
Old 4th December 2015, 16:05   #163
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
My colleague got the vehicle at 11.4 Lacs OTR. Since then the price has now reduced to 10.4 Lacs OTR. He was contacted by Mahindra and would be getting a refund of 1 Lac. He is not sure what they are calling it. I will update once that happens.
Update: An amount of 1 Lac was refunded by Mahindra.
Old 5th December 2015, 00:38   #164
amk

Thanks guys. Surprisingly after a few more miles the low rev noise has completely disappeared. I'm going to keep my ears open to check in detail.

The brakes are really strange. Like no other car I've used before. There is no bite and significant pressure is required on the pedal.
Old 8th December 2015, 12:10   #165
BHPian

Thanks BNM for the excellent writeup. I have booked SX CRDI, now waiting for D Day ! Your write up is certainly helping me on deciding on the modifications.
Can you please let me know the contact person/place where you got the OSRAM HIDs installed. I am assuming the bulbs are 9005/H27.
pradeepmr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks