Originally Posted by BNM View Post
1. Feature wise I miss the following

a. Steering reach adjustment
b. Electronic Stability control
c. Rain sensing/auto speed wipers
d. Slidable arm rest
e. Speed sensing auto door lock.
Thank you for your prompt response

I am particularly worried about Speed sensing auto door locks; Is there a modification that can enable this at the dealer level?
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 19:22   #137
BNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Yup! I realised for the 6.5j 17 inch creta alloys 215s were the max size. So swapped back the to the sx(o) spec tyres . Bridgestone 215/60/17. By the way there was an alignment issue after getting the tyres and alloys swapped. Had to go to the Hyundai service centre to get this sorted. They confirmed that for this vehicle alignment cannot be done outside because of some particular software that only they have. You had the same issue?
I didn't any issue so far. But now that you told us about the custom software, I will get it verified. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Thank you for your prompt response

I am particularly worried about Speed sensing auto door locks; Is there a modification that can enable this at the dealer level?
Not Sure. Maybe some electronic gurus on the forum can suggest.
Old 31st October 2015, 11:06   #138
BNM
BHPian

My first Long trip in the AT

I took a 3 day trip with family to Bandipur this week and wanted to share my experiences driving the AT on the highway for the first time.

1. It was a 500 Kms round trip from Bangalore. Took 5 and 1/2 hours each side. Avg speed 51 KM.

2. Tank shows 1/2 full. But I seriously doubt that I have another 500 Kms to go. It showed only 1 bar less on the fuel meter when I reached Bandipur.

3. Road was excellent except for small stretches in Bandipur. So no real off-roading

4. Speed: The sweet spot for driving the AT on the highway is 80 to 110 KMPH. Beyond that the engine gets noisy. The review from NDTV was right to point this out. The pickup and gear shifts are effortless. I could easily pull away from vehicles which had slowed down behind me at the never ending speed barricades. I could put 1/2 km distance easily between vehicles like Swift, Logan, Etios, Ecosport to name a few, in a matter of a few seconds.

5. Braking: you really have to plan your braking from high speeds. The Mysore road is littered with barricades and you have to slow down every 5 to 10 Kms. Coming down from 100 to 20 kmph is a little nerve racking especially if you are used to controlling speeds by downshifting gears in manual shifts. The brakes bite a little late. Heard constant complaining from my wife and kid. Tried using the tiptronic but it is slow to shift and makes more noise than actually reduce speed. Not at all safe to drive faster than 120KMPH atleast for me.

6. Handling: Felt like a handful to me to weave through highway traffic. Coming from the Verna, I felt it a lot. In my Verna, I could confidently overtake and do a bit of the Fast and Furious stuff . This time my wife was Furious with me asking me why I was struggling or hesitating to overtake. Obviously this vehicle is taller and the steering is also heavier. Since the steering play is less, the vehicle tended to lurch unnaturally if there was sudden swerving. Punters won't agree but I used to enjoy that play in my Verna.

7. Ride Quality : It cruises like butter with absolutely no sound in the 80 to 110 Kmph speed range. It is very planted and has very good road manners. My daughter in the back seat was most impressed. Never even was close to touching any road hump !!! It handled the broken metalled roads very well. The Michelin tyres did well too with very little or no road noise.

8. Other points:
Didn't use the navigation maps since it is too basic compared to google maps.
Music was great because of my mods.
Missed the auto door locks sorely.
I would have felt more safe if the ESC system was present.
ABS seemed to work well in one or two places with hard barking. Would have preferred all disc brakes.
Came back, got it a good wash and installed 3M similar mats. Cost 1/2 as much of 3M but certainly look like 3M.

Best for last
Saw a live Leopard first time in my life on the Bandipur wild life safari !!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-image.jpeg  

Last edited by BNM : 31st October 2015 at 11:16.
BNM is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 02:17   #139

I beg to differ on the navigation part. I found it very useful and accurate. I tested it on the roads I knew and deviated from the set route. The rerouting was fast and accurate. I own an SX(O) variant and am not sure if there is any difference in the navigation unit. I am in middle of a road trip ( Trivandrum -> Palani -> Kodaikanal -> Trivandrum). Currently at Palani and will do the Kodai trip today

I will try to test it against Google Maps and post the results soon.

@ BNM

I really liked your red beauty with all its mods. I am planning to upgrade the speakers and add an amp and sub as per your configuration. I chose Stardust so 3M roof coating will not make a difference I guess.
Iamthe1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 09:14   #140
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthe1 View Post
I beg to differ on the navigation part. I found it very useful and accurate. I tested it on the roads I knew and deviated from the set route. The rerouting was fast and accurate. I own an SX(O) variant and am not sure if there is any difference in the navigation unit. I am in middle of a road trip ( Trivandrum -> Palani -> Kodaikanal -> Trivandrum). Currently at Palani and will do the Kodai trip today

I will try to test it against Google Maps and post the results soon.

@ BNM

I really liked your red beauty with all its mods. I am planning to upgrade the speakers and add an amp and sub as per your configuration. I chose Stardust so 3M roof coating will not make a difference I guess.
To be frank I am so used to Google maps that anything else won't do. Right from telling you to what lanes you need to stick to, it indicates even unassuming small bends on our roads. Frankly I am in awe with its accuracy. Only drawback is the battery that is drained from your phone when the location accuracy is set to high. You need to keep a charger handy.

The roof wrap wont look good on the stardust. It is a great color by itself but you have to keep it clean to look good.
Old 4th November 2015, 09:34   #141
Senior - BHPian

Did you fill up on returning to check the full to full effeciency.

Rahul
Old 4th November 2015, 14:39   #142
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Did you fill up on returning to check the full to full effeciency.

Rahul
Nope. Another week of travel
Old 4th November 2015, 16:59   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Team BHP ! - Found one last sticker
Attachment 1404741

Last Mod hopefully - HID Kit from OSRAM.
The white light from the HID now goes very well with the LED lights. Cost me 11K.
Attachment 1404742
Hi! BNM First of all Congrats for the new Creta.
HID's are looking great 👍
Could you please share the type of HID you have used (Projector) like H1,H3,H7
etc.
Does it work with the shutter or it doesn't have any shutter?
Old 4th November 2015, 18:15   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBass View Post
Could you please share the type of HID you have used (Projector) like H1,H3,H7
etc.
The headlight bulbs are 9005 and fog lamps are H27
Abhi99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 17:36   #145
j76
BHPian

Hi,

Do you have the specifications of the OEM speakers handy ? I was considering replacing the OEM speakers with like sized and same rated speakers, since I do not intend to buy an amp.

Last edited by j76 : 12th November 2015 at 17:37. Reason: removed the repitition of the
Old 13th November 2015, 16:05   #146
BHPian

BNM,

My Polar White SX (O) is getting delivered tommorrow (after waiting 110 days) @Advaith.
Wanted to check which are the must accessories I should buy from Dealer? Like OEM Mats etc ...?
Old 13th November 2015, 21:32   #147
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
BNM,

My Polar White SX (O) is getting delivered tommorrow (after waiting 110 days) @Advaith.
Wanted to check which are the must accessories I should buy from Dealer? Like OEM Mats etc ...?
First of all Congrats Naveen. I suggest you stick to OEM mats and mud flaps from the dealer. Stay away from the bumper guards and the other unnecessary accessories. The Sx(O) does not need anything extra other than beefing up the music system in my opinion.
Old 13th November 2015, 21:43   #148
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
Hi,

Do you have the specifications of the OEM speakers handy ? I was considering replacing the OEM speakers with like sized and same rated speakers, since I do not intend to buy an amp.
Here is a pic of the OEM speaker backside. It is 20 W with paper cones.

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-20151113_2135301.jpg
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 12:45   #149
j76
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a pic of the OEM speaker backside. It is 20 W with paper cones.
Thanks BNM ... is it 6 inches or 6 1/2 ?
Old 14th November 2015, 13:01   #150
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
Thanks BNM ... is it 6 inches or 6 1/2 ?
It's 6 1/2 inches.

Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report-20151114_1258201.jpg
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks