Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 23:25   #31
vdm
BHPian

Hi Sourav, Let me first congratulate you on your latest acquisition. Thats an amazing write-up & a very different one altogether. The colour that you have chosen is really suiting the car & is easier to maintain it. I do have an eye on elite I20 for future upgrade. Would be following your thread closely to decide on it. Wishing you miles of safe journey in your new car.:thumbup:
vdm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 14:23   #32
BHPian

Re: Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm View Post
Hi Sourav, Let me first congratulate you on your latest acquisition. Thats an amazing write-up & a very different one altogether. The colour that you have chosen is really suiting the car & is easier to maintain it. I do have an eye on elite I20 for future upgrade. Would be following your thread closely to decide on it. Wishing you miles of safe journey in your new car.:thumbup:
Thanks mate!

I'm glad you liked reading what I wrote.

I'll keep updating this thread as and when I have updates relevant to the car.

The first servicing is due in a few days, so I'll add that update once it's done.
Old 16th July 2015, 18:31   #33
BHPian

A really refreshing review of the buying experience , we would never go through test driving so many cars as you did . Still what you have mentioned about various manufacturers and their dealerships stands true . We have been contemplating a change of our age old Alto which my dad drives & its really hard for me to get him to test drive any car , I however have zeroed upon the Jazz AT . Although the i20 is a really nice car but he wont but it since there's already three of them parked in front of our house .
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 19:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
A really refreshing review of the buying experience , we would never go through test driving so many cars as you did . Still what you have mentioned about various manufacturers and their dealerships stands true . We have been contemplating a change of our age old Alto which my dad drives & its really hard for me to get him to test drive any car , I however have zeroed upon the Jazz AT . Although the i20 is a really nice car but he wont but it since there's already three of them parked in front of our house .
Hey there fellow bhp-ian...with a very low post count

Thanks for commenting, and I'm glad to know you liked reading what I wrote.

Well, we never really considered the i20, till we realized that there was nothing in our price range that we really wanted!

Thus, the immense number of test drives

The Jazz AT should be a very good car, one can't really go wrong with it.
Old 18th July 2015, 19:17   #35
BHPian

Hey folks,

Thanks for the all the support & response on this thread. It means a lot.

Just wanted to share an update. We crossed the first 1000 kms today

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-fullsizerender.jpg

I got the car PPF'ed on Friday, added 3M nomad mats and got the underbody anti-rust coating done.

It's been raining on and off in Chennai at the moment, so the undercarriage is quite dirty. So please excuse my inability to add any images of the anti-rust coating at this time.

Meanwhile, here are some snaps of the nomad mats. They are beige in color, and really compliment the interior seat fabric lending a nice contrast!

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-fullsizerender_1.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-img_0833.jpg

The PPF-ing & underbody anti-rust treatment was done at 3M Car Care - OMR. Nomad mats also were custom fitted from the same place.

Details of that will be put up in a separate review, in the Chennai 3M Car Care thread.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 20:51   #36
BHPian

Excellent write up bro! It sounded pretty unbiased as well.

3 months back I was also in search of my first diesel hatch, and I had Punto Evo 90 HP and Hyundai Elite in the final contention. Eventually I went with Evo, but would still vouch for the interiors of i20, its simply fabulous!

Have a great ownership.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 21:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Is the Hyundai Polar White metallic or non metallic?

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
...Eventually I went with Evo, but would still vouch for the interiors of i20, its simply fabulous!

Have a great ownership.
Thanks mate!

The Evo is a fantabulous hatch! The ride, handling & looks are absolutely amazing! Congrats to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Congrats!! Is the Hyundai Polar White metallic or non metallic?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Thanks mate!

I'm not sure if it's metallic or non metallic. I'll check the docs and let you know.
Old 26th July 2015, 02:14   #39
BHPian

Hey Sourav,

That was one of the unique reviews I have read on the forum! Congratulations on the new car! Elite i20 is one of the best cars you can get in that price range!

On another note, did you change the Radio antenna by any chance? I think I saw a pic where you had a "white sparco" written antenna. The OE antenna that comes with the i20 is an eye sore comparing the rest of the package they are offering!

Anyway, happy mile crunching!
R-Six is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 16:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Hey Sourav,

That was one of the unique reviews I have read on the forum! Congratulations on the new car! Elite i20 is one of the best cars you can get in that price range!

On another note, did you change the Radio antenna by any chance? I think I saw a pic where you had a "white sparco" written antenna. The OE antenna that comes with the i20 is an eye sore comparing the rest of the package they are offering!

Anyway, happy mile crunching!
Thanks mate!

Yes I have replaced the hideous OEM antenna with the stubby Sparco one, a white one though.

Got it from a nearby accessories store for cheap.

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-sparco2.jpg
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 16:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post

Yes I have replaced the hideous OEM antenna with the stubby Sparco one

Attachment 1395667
Subtle! And light years ahead of the hideous OEM fitment. How I wish they had chosen something similar from the factory itself.

Now get that black base wrapped in White too and it should take the look to the next level!

Thanks again for clarifying. I'm sure that more i20 owners are going to hunt for these upgrades.

Cheers!
Old 2nd August 2015, 21:11   #42
BHPian

Over the past few weeks, some updates have been done.
  1. 3M Paint Protection Film on the front bumper, quarter panels, hood, rear bumper, bootlid, door edges & ORVMs.
  2. 3M Underbody Anti Rust Treatment
  3. 3M Nomad Mats front & rear
  4. Glossy black vinyl wrap on roof & C-pillars
  5. 3M CR70 sun film on the windshield and the front windows.
Also, the 1st service has been completed. There was nothing wrong with the car, so total bill amount came to Rs 0.0.

I'll just add some pictures of the roof and the C-Pillars. The car looks much nicer now, very similar to the Euro spec i20.

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-fullsizerender.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-fullsizerender_1.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-fullsizerender_2.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-fullsizerender_3.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-1.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-2.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-4.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-5.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-6.jpg

You can barely make out the presence of the sun film, only if you are looking for it.

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-7.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-8.jpg

Fooled around & fell in love! Our Polar White Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi-9.jpg

All the cosmetic upgrades were done by the highly proficient & skilled folks at 3M OMR.

PS: Please pardon my prodigious photography skills.

Last edited by sourav9385 : 2nd August 2015 at 21:19.
sourav9385 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'll just add some pictures of the roof and the C-Pillars. The car looks much nicer now, very similar to the Euro spec i20.
That's just Uber cool sourav9385 !!

I guess the only thing missing now are some really sweet projector head lights that will complete the transformation.

How much was the 3M Glossy black vinyl wrap on roof cost you. I have heard its quite steep if done by the 3M Folks.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Over the past few weeks, some updates have been done.
  1. 3M Paint Protection Film on the front bumper, quarter panels, hood, rear bumper, bootlid, door edges & ORVMs.
  2. 3M Underbody Anti Rust Treatment
  3. 3M Nomad Mats front & rear
  4. Glossy black vinyl wrap on roof & C-pillars
  5. 3M CR70 sun film on the windshield and the front windows.
Also, the 1st service has been completed. There was nothing wrong with the car, so total bill amount came to Rs 0.0.

All the cosmetic upgrades were done by the highly proficient & skilled folks at 3M OMR.

PS: Please pardon my prodigious photography skills.
I enquired at a nearby 3M store for carbon wrap on roof and C-pillars. However, I was turned down for the c-pillar due to poor adhesion on the plastic material. Any such problems in your case. Also, it would be great if you can share the price breakup for the protection film and vinyl wrap.

Btw! your ride looks super cool. Congrats.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
That's just Uber cool sourav9385 !!

I guess the only thing missing now are some really sweet projector head lights that will complete the transformation.

How much was the 3M Glossy black vinyl wrap on roof cost you. I have heard its quite steep if done by the 3M Folks.
Thanks mate!

Yes, the wrap is a bit expensive. Its 290 per sq feet plus tax. But I considered to go for it for two specific reasons.

1. It's cheaper than getting the entire roof PPF'ed at Rs 500 per sq feet!
2. While protecting the paint on the roof from bird droppings and general crap, it also makes the car look cooler

Projector headlamps will have to wait. I'm not playing around with the warranty and stuff till it officially runs out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
I inquired at a nearby 3M store for carbon wrap on roof and C-pillars. However, I was turned down for the c-pillar due to poor adhesion on the plastic material. Any such problems in your case. Also, it would be great if you can share the price breakup for the protection film and vinyl wrap.

Btw! your ride looks super cool. Congrats.
Thanks mate!

I didn't face any issues with getting the C-Pillars wrapped.

Price breakup is as follows:

PPF: Rs 500/- per sq feet.
Glossy Black Vinyl Wrap: Rs 290/- per sq feet.

Taxes extra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks