Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 13:39   #61
BHPian

re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

Congrats Creta Man - Wish you miles of trouble free ownership.

Being the first Creta ownership thread you have given the TBHP mods an excellent benchmark to beat. This surely has upped the ante.

Keep updating the thread for mortals

Cheers
csateesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:54   #62
BHPian

I have recently written an ownership review and I understand how much hard work is to write these ownership reports to meet the forum's very high standards. Great work moderators.

YOU have surpassed all the expectations that I had on your ownership thread. Mind blowing details.

Congratulations once again. Welcome to Hyundai club !!!
petrolveins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 15:54   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

For all the kinds words and wonderful feedback, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
A friend was contemplating on getting the Hyundai Creta Petrol. With your review he can now make a more informed decision.
If this review helps even a little bit to anyone in their decision-making and thought processes while contemplating a new car buy, I would consider it as an achievement.

I hope your friend finds my report useful for his future purchase. All the best to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnersPride View Post
Now eagerly waiting for Naveen's report.
You and me both, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Just a thought tho': would have loved if they would have not skipped things like Leather strapped steering wheel and height adjustable seat belts. After all, 13l is no less money
Indeed!

For the money charged, they should ideally have given some more stuff. Things which I miss in my ~13L OTR Creta SX+:

1) 2 extra airbags (side),
2) Covered & sliding central armrest,
3) Electro-chromic Internal Rear View Mirror,
4) Height-adjustable seat belts,
5) Diamond-cut alloy wheels,
6) "Advanced" Supervision Cluster.

Being the second-topmost variant, the Creta SX+ has got some step-motherly treatment from Hyundai, specially when you compare with the Verna lineup (notably the S(O) and the SX).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
One question: How do you compare the highway driving / handling manners of Creta, WRT Duster?
Performance-wise, the Creta is one step ahead of the Duster. In a straight line run, the Creta would leave the Renault crossover behind.

Where the Duster excels is handling and riding comfort. The Creta is a step behind the Duster in this department. Highway driving at higher speeds is definitely more preferable in the Duster because of the road manners and riding comfort alone. If the Creta scores around 3.5/5 for it's driveability and riding comfort, the Duster thumps out a solid 4-4.5/5! (according to me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeo1984 View Post
I guess for a 13L car they should have given leather seats and a sunroof.
The competition doesn't offer it, so it was no surprise that Hyundai decided to skip it too. Maybe in the future when we have the EcoSport/Duster facelifts and one of them comes in with a sunroof, we might see Hyundai put one in the Creta facelift.

As things stand, only the Honda City offers a sunroof in this price range, if I am not mistaken. Although, the sunroof is of little utility in a country such as India, where we have predominantly dusty, hot and rainy conditions for 80% of the year.

Leather seats yes, they should have given. But considering that it is not real leather, I don't miss it. Better options from Stanley or Karlsson are available.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 15:57   #64
BHPian

Awesome review RavenAvi . Rated a well deserved 5 stars. Your writing has made me take notice of Hyundai which I have been avoiding thus far.

I am only looking at an automatic as my next car and Creta comes only in SX+, missing out on some small but significant features, the most glaring one being the omission of distance to empty. Lane change indicators and speed sensing auto lock will also be missed which seem so handy in my Swift. I have time till next year so I can keep waiting.

My best wishes to you and have an exhilarating time with Lazarus.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 16:06   #65
BHPian

Wow Wow...your details are fantastic and motivating. Thanks for sharing the details...
Have a safe and happy drive.
classicselva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 17:10   #66
BHPian

Hi RavenAvi
Incredible Detailing in Review and Ownership report indeed...Marvellous!
I booked the car, but am almost on the verge of cancelling it...because the prices just killed the initial euphoria for a 'Diesel Power' of Creta!
Your post surely makes me hold on to that cancelation plan...and I'll be so hooked up to your ownership review, hoping that would make me invest in a car worth owning next after a Civic!
cheers
Ameet.
pineapple_ameet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 17:56   #67
BHPian

Hey RavenAvi
Great Review.. Deserves more than just 5 stars..perhaps moon and sun too
How is the response of shockers over some high speed breakers? and how comfortable is the reverse without the camera input? Are there any blind spots you felt while driving? hyundai car offlate are missing the auto door lock feature. Is it available in Creta (Apologies if i missed reading this part in case you have mentioned it in the post) ?

Also I must appreciate your courage to drive a good 5-600 kms on the car just out of the showroom. Most of us like me engage in the awe and only pamper the car till at least first 500-600 kms and only then gather some courage to take it on long route. But I feel it is a good tactic to extract the best of the car and do a good running in of the engine. Keep us updated with your updates and lovely pictures. Thanks
ShankarG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 18:43   #68
BHPian

Hi RavenAvi - thanks for all the efforts you put in writing such a detailed review ! The review on AVN is good enough to put some of the technical writers to shame :-)

I will be closely following this thread to make the decision of Petrol v/s Diesel. My monthly running also expected to be around 1000 km, with occasional long high way drive. Diesel AT was in my thoughts, but the OTR price in Bangalore snuffed those thoughts.
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 19:12   #69
BHPian

Congrats
Glad to see that you stuck to your budget and chose the variant with least compromise on safety and features.

Since you mentioned that you would have wanted additional airbags which is definitely right thinking.

But have you considered installing child seat for your little one. At least this is something in your hands and should be taken with more priority.

Pardon me if my post may sound less enthusiastic but I believe we should not let any stone unturned when it comes to safety.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 20:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Wonderful car there! And such a quick and detailed ownership review. Deserves more than a 5 star review.

Wishing you lots of trouble free miles with this car. Well, got to say that the quality of the review is right up there with the best reviews in Team BHP.

Just 2 questions:

1. Is the rear suspension soft that it'll bottom out on a full load?
2. Would you have considered an S-Cross if it had a (good) petrol engine?

I like your conversation with your dad. At the end of the day, buy the car that sends your heart racing

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 4th August 2015 at 20:07.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 20:24   #71
BHPian

Congrats RavenAvi and wishing you many more happy miles with your Creta. An incredibly detailed review is what you have given us and a big thank you for that. The car looks really nice in white. Rating a well deserved 5 stars just wish I could give more. Thanks again.
swamyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 20:43   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you very much, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
I am only looking at an automatic as my next car and Creta comes only in SX+, missing out on some small but significant features, the most glaring one being the omission of distance to empty. Lane change indicators and speed sensing auto lock will also be missed which seem so handy in my Swift. I have time till next year so I can keep waiting.
Lane change indicators are present in the Creta - 3 blinks when the right lever is flipped gently once, either way.

Distance to empty is a feature which will be missed, but then most companies "tweak" this, and the more useful average fuel efficiency, according to their whim.

For instance, the Average FE indicator in my Maruti-Suzuki Swift is incorrect by more than 1 kmpl, and while the MID shows around 16.8 kmpl, the correct FE (according to the tankful method) comes at around 15.5 kmpl. Quite a big difference!

Also, my 2012 Honda City had incorrect calibration of the DTE. I have already posted details of the same in my Pegasus and Empress threads. Many a time I was rushing to the fuel station to fill up because the DTE showed less than 20 kms, when actually the fuel tank had enough petrol to go for 50-60 kms at least.

Rather than to have these "company-happy" MIDs, it's better to not have them at all.

After all, the best and most accurate way of calculating the exact Fuel Efficiency is still the Tankful-to-tankful method. Better to download the FuelLog app on your Android, maintain it regularly, and have an exact idea of what your car's Fuel Efficiency really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
I booked the car, but am almost on the verge of cancelling it...because the prices just killed the initial euphoria for a 'Diesel Power' of Creta!
Your post surely makes me hold on to that cancelation plan...and I'll be so hooked up to your ownership review, hoping that would make me invest in a car worth owning next after a Civic!
Ameet, I quite agree that Hyundai has overpriced the diesels, specially the top 3 variants. But I would still strongly suggest for you to check out the 1.6L SX Diesel.

Compared to the SX+, it misses out on some goodies, but comes with most of the features of the Creta lineup, is priced quite close to the SX+ petrol, and you can have the dynamite diesel option as well.

Do take a test drive of the 1.6L SX Diesel and check out all features on offer, before you take a final decision.

Please keep us updated on your decision-making process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
How is the response of shockers over some high speed breakers? and how comfortable is the reverse without the camera input? Are there any blind spots you felt while driving? hyundai car offlate are missing the auto door lock feature. Is it available in Creta (Apologies if i missed reading this part in case you have mentioned it in the post) ?
Shankar,

The shock absorbers and the suspension do their job wonderfully. Small speed-breakers and potholes are completely dismissed from the Creta's presence. The moderate ones do make you bounce slightly and they register their presence inside the cabin. The big ones will make you slow down, as you tackle and weave over/around them.

The slightly thick A-pillar creates a blind spot on the right side while cornering, but it's not as thick as some other cars such as the City & the EcoSport. It's negotiable and can be handled. The smaller IRVM provides limited rear vision, so I am more dependent on the large ORVMs and the reverse camera view in the HU while reversing.

Yes, no auto-door locking on speed available in the SX+. SX(O) however gets this very useful feature. I haven't enquired if this feature can be activated for the SX & SX+ at dealership level. If it is possible, I shall post an update here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Also I must appreciate your courage to drive a good 5-600 kms on the car just out of the showroom. Most of us like me engage in the awe and only pamper the car till at least first 500-600 kms and only then gather some courage to take it on long route. But I feel it is a good tactic to extract the best of the car and do a good running in of the engine.
It was a ~350 kms round trip, and what better way to test out a Hyundai with tall claims of improved suspension, handling, steering feel, highway driveability, etc., than subject it directly to the test and see if it passes. I was very curious to know how the Creta handles on the highways, since I had drove it enough times in city conditions.

Very glad to return back home fully satisfied - the car didn't disappoint, and stood by all the tall claims it came to the auto market with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I will be closely following this thread to make the decision of Petrol v/s Diesel. My monthly running also expected to be around 1000 km, with occasional long high way drive. Diesel AT was in my thoughts, but the OTR price in Bangalore snuffed those thoughts.
Go for the SX+ petrol, considering your running. You won't regret your decision. Even though it lacks a few features, the overall package makes it very worthwhile of the price it commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
But have you considered installing child seat for your little one. At least this is something in your hands and should be taken with more priority.

Pardon me if my post may sound less enthusiastic but I believe we should not let any stone unturned when it comes to safety.
Indeed.

I am in the hunt for a good option, and I hit the accessory shops for a search for the same today. This being the rainy season, most shops are not placing fresh orders.

Let me see if I can find a suitable one online, for my Princess. She deserves the best in safety, hence I have not been compromising on that in any of my recent purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Just 2 questions:

1. Is the rear suspension soft that it'll bottom out on a full load?
2. Would you have considered an S-Cross if it had a (good) petrol engine?
1. Nope. The suspension is on the softer side, but it's quite taut to hold it's own on a full load. Duly tested with my Dad, Mom & wife inside for 200-odd kms on a highway run. No bottoming out, no scraping anywhere.
2. No. I checked out the S-Cross on display at a nearby mall, and I didn't quite connect to Maruti-Suzuki's "premium crossover" as much as I connected with my Lazarus from the first time I beheld him. In my opinion, the S-Cross looks more like a stretched-out Swift with slightly better and more premium looks, inside out. If it's priced anywhere close to the Creta or the Duster, I would say it's simply not worth the price.

------------------------

Ran through my first tankful of petrol today, and the overall Fuel Efficiency for this 732-km duration came to 14.44 kmpl.

This includes almost 82% driving on highways, and 18% of in-city driving, and with the AC on almost 95% of the time (FATC set to 23șC).

I am not too bothered about FE figures, but posted the exact figure here for fellow members who might be interested in how much the petrol Creta gives, for every liter of petrol it drinks.

Quite remarkable, considering the size and weight of the car. I am quite surprised with this figure, because I was expecting around 12-13 kmpl on the highways and around 9-10 kmpl inside the city.

Let's see what the second tankful returns.

On a side note, here's a side-by-side visual comparo of my Lazarus with my first SUV love - an older-gen Scorpio:

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7321.jpg

Goes to show how much designing has evolved, from standard boxy designs of days gone by, to sleek, sophisticated and chic profiles of modern-day cars.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th August 2015 at 20:54.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 20:59   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Very well written review. The car looks great in white. Hope to get periodic updates about your ownership.

I wish Hyundai priced the top variants sensibly so that I could get the AT version. Otherwise, a very good package.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 21:55   #74
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car sir. Wish you thousands of happy miles on it. However does this mean you will be selling of the City ? Or will this or the City would be a weekend vehicle?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 03:14   #75
BHPian

Congrats Avi a.k.a Creta man! I don't think I will read our official review. Excellent write up. Please swap the present wheels with those 17 inch ones

Wishing you miles of safe and niggle free ownership.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks