Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 08:11   #46
BHPian

re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

Can't we rate this 6 * Awesome review with some patiently taken snaps there. This, probably is the "official teamp-bhp initial ownership review". I checked back two times to see if it's an official review.
The way you've described the finer details and the reasons for selecting the petrol variant was impressive. Keep revving and drive safe.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 08:15   #47
BHPian

Great review! Attention to detail is fantastic. I wish you many miles of happy motoring! Really happy to hear Hyundai is making correct decisions in their handling department.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 08:59   #48

Hey RavenAvi,

Right since the beginning you were our information source for Creta- from the first pictures emerging till the launch day and that's why we call you the Creta-Man!
Congratulations for Lazarus- wish you many many happy miles of motoring! Your review was fabulous and the detailing is amazingly elaborative. Thanks man! oh, I mean Creta Man!
SmitJobs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 09:41   #49
BHPian

RavenAvi - awesome writing man I was with you the entire time on the Creta Preview thread, and you swept me along with you in your Creta love story! I'm also the proud owner of a silver SX(O) Creta now, and wish all of us proud Creta owners long and lovely years of riding ahead! Thanks man!
mr.kaybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 10:25   #50
BHPian

Fantabulous Review of the car . 5* rating doesn't justify the effort you've put in your review. For someone like me, who isn't fond of Korean car manufactures, going through your detailed description of every inch of a brand new car in the market, makes me think otherwise . Congratulations on your new drive.
RedDevil_KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 10:56   #51
BHPian

An absolutely entertaining review filled with emotions we can all relate to.

To a large extent the CRETA thread was kept alive by you so much that at one time I though you were working for Hyundai secretly .

However I also felt you unnecessarily blamed yourself too much for the pricing fiasco which we all know was not anyone fault but Hyundai. Its truly heartening to see you pick up the absolutely stunning Hyundai and hope it stays as loyal to you as you were to Hyundai CRETA during its incubation period!

Cheers mate and enjoy the ride
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 11:01   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you very much for all your kind words and wishes, team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Only yesterday I had a Creta in my IRVM while It performed a U-Turn at a roundabout while I continued straight and It did give a feel of how big it looked from the front and as it continued to expose its side when it took that turn!
Yes, Parag. The car is deceptively big for it's compact SUV size, hence it has fantastic road presence. The White shade accentuates the size factor too, much more than any other shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Petrol SX+ seems to be a good VFM option and I am kind of leaning towards the same as well. My running is around 1k to 1.2k kms per month so am trying to figure out if I need the diesel or not. If only they had an SX(O) option for the petrol as well ( those 17" diamond cut alloys have me drooling all over them!).
If you are running less than 1,500 kms per month, go for the petrol eyes closed. It's not a bad machine mileage-wise, and will award you with decent open-road performance as well.

Ah! How I wish there was an SX(O) petrol on offer as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
With such a good review in place now, Im wondering if the "Official Review" is really needed!
Thanks, Shankar!

Be prepared to be surprised. Our Team-BHP official review will be amazingly detailed and plenty of condensed, concise information will be at our disposal. If they are taking their own sweet time to chisel it out, I am sure it will be THE official review to beat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
BTW, I see the comparison you did with EcoSport petrol(1.0L ecoBoost). Agreed its a smaller engine but on paper it has more power and torque compared to the creta. How exactly is the real life difference in terms of power delivery and ride/handling quality?

The reason I ask is, in future when i go for my upgrade I need a petrol but need the turbo-blast(like the diesels) as well. So for me the turbo-charged petrols make more sense unless the NA engine is as explosive as the Etios petrol/1.5L iVtec.
Make no mistake - the turbo-charged EcoBoost petrol engine is a fantastic unit, and this 1.6L naturally-aspirated VTVT Korean heart pales in comparison to that one.

In urban conditions, both engines seem equally matched because the VTVT has enough pep to zip past all traffic and keep you ahead.

On the highways however, the EcoBoost has the edge in terms of outright power and performance. Acceleration is brisk and the 5th gear is bliss in the EcoSport. Even inclines pose no problem. It's sheer compact size helps in this matter, making it a very quick Go-Kart on wheels.

In comparison, the Creta is a heavier and longer car, so performance-wise it's not comparable to the turbocharged Ford. Hyundai engineers have fine-tuned it further to make it more fuel efficient. It pulls cleanly to 100+ speeds and can keep you happy all day, but in an outright race, I suspect the EcoSport EcoBoost will beat the 1.6 VTVT to the winning post.

The modern-gen i-VTEC has been tamed, and is not as explosive as it used to be before. These engines see re-tuning according to the fuel-economy centric populace we have around us these days. I would say that the VTVT is as good as the i-VTEC for most of the way, except for that VTEC rush beyond 130 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kaybee View Post
I'm also the proud owner of a silver SX(O) Creta now, and wish all of us proud Creta owners long and lovely years of riding ahead! Thanks man!
Congratulations once again, mr.kaybee! May you have a very pleasant and trouble-free ownership of your wonderful steed. Wishing you and your family plenty of happy (s)miles ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil_KP View Post
For someone like me, who isn't fond of Korean car manufactures, going through your detailed description of every inch of a brand new car in the market, makes me think otherwise.
Tell me about it.

If the Creta was launched 3-4 years back, I wouldn't have even looked at the car, no matter what it offered. It's amazing how these modern Hyundais have outgrown their less-illustrious ancestors, and are actually wonderful to drive. Kudos to the team who has worked hard on the basics of Hyundai cars and made them appeal a bit more to the driving-lovers among us.

Still some time before they start appealing to the enthusiasts though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
To a large extent the CRETA thread was kept alive by you so much that at one time I though you were working for Hyundai secretly.
LOL! Many people in my circle and on Facebook thought the same as well - to the extent that they kept asking me about future launches from Hyundai, and if the Genesis and Veloster were coming to India anytime soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
However I also felt you unnecessarily blamed yourself too much for the pricing fiasco which we all know was not anyone fault but Hyundai. Its truly heartening to see you pick up the absolutely stunning Hyundai and hope it stays as loyal to you as you were to Hyundai CRETA during its incubation period!
My misunderstanding of the "leaked" prices made me bitterly disappointed back then. If only I had understood the situation better.

But yes, it's a truth that Hyundai has overpriced the car in it's diesel iterations. Variant-to-variant, they could have kept the prices down to under 50,000 rupees at least, if not more.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th August 2015 at 11:06.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 11:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations RavenAvi. I am glad you chose the white color over everything else. Looks the part!

Great writeup.

A friend was contemplating on getting the Hyundai Creta Petrol. With your review he can now make a more informed decision.

Drive safe.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 11:25   #54
BHPian

Congrats RavenAvi on your new possession. It indeed looks fantastic...

And what a detailed report !! Awesome notes and one of the best ownership logs I have seen here. You listened to your heart as your father rightly said. Hope Lazarus will provide you/your family much more fantastic and safe miles. All the best and drive safe.

Rated it 5 deserving stars for absence of more.... Now eagerly waiting for Naveen's report.
OwnersPride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 11:36   #55
BHPian

awesome "review" buddy! you really do have an eye for detail. i say this after reading your honda city reviews and now this one.

congrats and good luck with your cars... cheers!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 11:56   #56
BHPian

Excellent report and pics, RavenAvi. Nice to know that you followed your heart after all! Rated 5 stars. Wishing you a long and happy and trouble-free ownership for Lazarus.
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 12:14   #57
BHPian

WoW!
have read many ownership reports, but the detailing through the pics is absolutely amazing!

Many congratulations on being the proud owner of such a beauty and many smiling drives

Just a thought tho': would have loved if they would have not skipped things like Leather strapped steering wheel and height adjustable seat belts. After all, 13l is no less money
dhall_gagan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 12:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Excellent report. Enjoyed reading the same. Thanks!

One question: How do you compare the highway driving / handling manners of Creta, WRT Duster?
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:29   #59
BHPian

Wow ..what an amazing write-up!!
Hats off to you for taking the time out and compiling such an "extensive" and detailed report.

I think that this report is going to be an amazing guide for future Creta buyers.

Keep it up!
TkyoPandaMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:34   #60
BHPian

AWESOME !!!!! What a review. All three reviews that you have given are awesome. Congratulations on your new baby. Many happy munching miles.

I guess for a 13L car they should have given leather seats and a sunroof.
alfaromeo1984 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks