Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2016, 13:12   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Sad to see the damage, but good that it is minor and shouldn't even be noticeable once repaired. What happened to the bull? I assume it took the it on its hind leg/s, so did it get injured do you know? The big heavy beasts stand on exceptionally narrow cannons, hence the question.
Hind legs and torso.

Nothing happened to the heavyset brute. It straightened back to it's perpendicular stance, swatted it's tail once, and went back into "Idle" mode without even a flinch or a "Moo!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
See if you can find shoe-glue (like shoe fix from Fevicol). These are generally more flexible than Araldite, and therefore stand up better to prolonged fatigue due to vibrations and such - for DIYs, not for the service people.
Thanks, my friend.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 00:02   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Second Free Service @ 6,719 kms on the ODO

Lazarus's tryst with the bull had made him visit the Service Center prematurely by around 2 weeks before the 2nd Free Service was due, but since it was on the anvil anyway, I had decided to avail it.

Other than the rude bash the stray beast had given him, Lazarus has remained issue-free till now (touchwood!). Other owners have complained of a host of problems (Head Units freezing up, brakes not having enough bite, ABS not kicking in, door handles sticking/jamming, steering rod issues, etc.), but thankfully I have been spared from any such issue till now.

Maybe it's because Lazarus was from one of the earliest lots of the manufactured Cretas in India - it had rolled out from the production line on 25th June, 2015 at 9:57 PM (link), nearly a month before it's official Indian launch on 21st July, 2015 - and I am guessing that there's been a bit more love, patience and effort which has gone into making my lovely steed, or maybe the Gods have been kind to me.

Either way, when my friendly SA Kamlesh from Shivnath Hyundai rolled out the service checklist to write down my requirements/issues to be tackled during the 2nd Free Service, I was pleasantly surprised to hear myself say, "Umm, I can't think of any!".

But then, I had made a mental note of a few stuff, which I added to the list.

Jobs listed:

Engine Oil & Oil Filter to be changed (asked for semi-synthetic oil),
Battery to be checked,
Air Filter to be cleaned,
AC Filter to be cleaned,
Coolant level to be checked/topped up as necessary,
Battery's distilled water levels to be checked/topped up as necessary,
Underbody Anti-Rust coating to be checked,
Suspension & Brakes to be checked & tightened as necessary,
Denting & painting work,
Some touch-up/polishing on a few minor scratches all about,
AVN map update to be done,
Washing/cleaning/polishing of the exteriors.

Skipped:

Air Filter change (no issues with pick-up or mileage so skipped),
AC Filter change (working just fine, chills in no time),
Wheel rotation, balancing & alignment (will get this done at around the 7,500 km mark at a dedicated tyre shop),
Teflon coating & polish (offered for free as a part of the Monsoon check-up),
3M Under-body Anti-Rust coating (offered at a discount as a part of the Monsoon check-up),
Interiors cleaning/polishing (unnecessary as I do a much better job than the A.S.S. boys).

I had removed all of my stuff from Lazarus at home itself, so the car was pretty much barebones when we reached the Service Center on Saturday morning.

Kamlesh got the 2nd Free Service jobs done throughout Saturday, and because the denting guys were absent, had asked me to keep Lazarus overnight with them.

Come Sunday, and the denting guys came over to do their work of fixing Lazarus's front. But this time it was the turn of the painters to go on leave (because of the Sunday), so Lazarus had to be left again so that the paint job completion could be finished earlier today.

I called Kamlesh at 10 AM in the morning for an update, and he reported back that the painters had arrived and had started work on Lazarus. It was a cloudy day today, with sprinkling and scattered showers throughout, hence Lazarus had to be left inside the paint booth to dry up completely till evening. Kamlesh apologised yet again for this and said that he would have Lazarus ready by 5 PM, by which time I could pick him up and drive back home.

I had Dad drive me to Shivnath Hyundai's Service Center in his Silver Queen in the evening. Lazarus had dried up well and was standing inside the service hangar, waiting for his turn to go under the washers' sprays.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9495.jpg

I checked on Lazarus's denting/painting sections with a keen eye, and was satisfied with the work done. The metal panel had been hammered back into it's original shape (with a bit of spot-welding, I was told), and the caved-in front bumper section had filled back up nicely, with the driver-side foglamp resting back inside it's casing quite snugly.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9497.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9498.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9499.jpg

They hadn't used Araldite to fix the broken plastics. Instead, they had gone with M-Seal. I asked if shoe glue could have been used (like BHPian VeluM had suggested above), and Kamlesh said that M-Seal is a much better sealant fix. For now, I had no option but to trust them on this. And, the quality of the fixes looked spic and clean. I have to admit that I am impressed by their work.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9500.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9501.jpg

Except for this one small misfit of the front bumper on the driver-side, everything else was splendidly done.

But then, the OEM factory finish is rarely achieved by a dealership A.S.S., so I guess I will have to live with this.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9502.jpg

But this was where the pleasantries ended.

First, I checked around Lazarus's body for the paint touchup work, and was surprised to see that none of the minor scratches had been attended to (except for one on the rear bumper where the paint had come off). Pointed it out to Kamlesh who quickly had people running around with white paint, polishes and whatnots to attend to all the scratches. In the end, they managed to cover almost all of them quite nicely except for a rather deep one on the front bonnet, which still left an outline even after getting so much attention by the paint/polishing guys. And, to my annoyance, they had left water marks on the seats from during the washing/cleaning process.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9504.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9508.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9510.jpg

Second, none of the service center people had any idea about the AVN Maps update. I had received the SMS alert from Hyundai on June 1st, but the entire Shivnath Hyundai dealership had no clue regarding this. When I asked for this to be done, Kamlesh asked a guy to come with an OBD port and a Samsung Tab for this procedure.

I was amused to see that this guy was attempting to start the official Hyundai on-board diagnostics software, and was lamenting that there was no internet support around! Very calmly, I explained that the Maps update for the AVN is done through an USB drive. Some frantic calls later, the workshop supervisor, Ghanshyam, sheepishly admitted that Hyundai had sent them 2 USBs regarding the Maps update sometime back, but since they had no idea what the USBs were for, they had duly returned the USBs back to the company!

I was promised that they would call me once they received back the USBs so that I could bring Lazarus in for the now-pending AVN Maps update job.

It was now late evening and so I asked for the bill. And here a third unpleasant surprise awaited me - they had put in mineral oil instead of semi-synthetic as per my demand, because the Service Center didn't have any semi-synthetic oil for the Creta! There was mineral, and there was fully synthetic only. I pointed this out to both Kamlesh and Ghanshyam, who again smiled apologetically at me and admitted that they had received a call from Hyundai earlier in the month for putting in semi & fully synthetic oil in the Creta ONLY, but they had not received the semi-synthetic oil yet (it's supposed to be Helix).

Not that my running was too bothered by mineral oil, but I was a bit furious that they didn't call me or bother to check with me before putting in mineral oil! Gave them a piece of my mind regarding this lapse, for which both guys apologised and offered to change the oil again when the semi-synthetic oil supply arrived. Already mad, I simply waved off their "magnanimous" gesture.

All this while, Lazarus had been driven to the gate and I was to hand over the gate pass on my exit. Suddenly I remembered something. I went back to Kamlesh and asked him if he had gotten the underbody anti-rust coating checked when Lazarus was on the ramp. He quickly called someone up and asked about it, and got a reply in the negative. Seeing my smirk and my expression, Kamlesh hurriedly drove Lazarus back into the hangar and into a ramp, and they had Lazarus up in a jiffy. The underbody was given a thorough inspection, and some areas where the coating looked thinner than the rest, they gave healthy booster doses of anti-rust sprays.

I handed over my SBI Visa card for the bill payment. A bit miffed by the end-experience, I silently drove out of the service center to head back home.

Overall, I would say that the experience this time was average. They had done a great job with the denting/painting and all 2nd Service work was done well, and except for the nonplussed reaction to the Maps Update and the dumping of mineral oil inside Lazarus's heart instead of semi-synthetic without even informing me, could have made things much better.

On a scale of 0-10, I would rate them a 6. That's what the service feedback guys are going to hear from me, when they call me up.

Bill Details:

Engine Oil (Gasoline) = Rs 971.50 (3.6 liters @ 269.90)
Filter Assembly - Engine Oil = Rs 148.30
Plug-Oil Drain = Rs 144.80
Gasket - Oil Plug = Rs 33.60
Screw Tapping = Rs 79.5 (5 nos @ 15.9)
Cleaning Material = Rs 9.00 (0.15 @ 59.80)
Windshield Washer = Rs 36.30 (2 pcs @ 18.1)
Retainer Assembly - Bumper Cover = Rs 26.10 (6 nos @ 4.3)
M-Seal = Rs 12.70 (1 pc)
Fevi Kwik = Rs 16.5 (2 pcs @ 8.3)

Body Paint Charges = Rs 1100.00
Denting/Repairing Charges = Rs 400.00
VAT @ 14.5% (on Rs 1478.12) = Rs 214.33
Service Taz on Rs 1500.00 = Rs 210.00
Swachh Bharat Cess on Rs 1500.00 = Rs 7.50
Krishi Kalyan Cess on Rs 1500.00 = Rs 7.50

TOTAL = Rs 3,417.63 (rounded to Rs.3,417/-)

(Note - 2nd Free Service Labour Charges were waived off)
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9525.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th July 2016 at 12:56.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 18:02   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Inspired by my namesake Avi aka T-BHP Moderator mobike008 and the nice way he got the correct variant badging of his lovely blue Aspire, the Blue Bombardier, with help from our own very friendly D-BHPian a4anurag, I contacted Anurag in the 3rd week of April and requested him for his help in procuring the same "+" badge for my Lazarus as well.

Now, if you might have noticed, Hyundai ships all of it's Creta SX & higher variants - SX, SX+ & SX(O) - with the same "SX" badging on the rear, just like Ford does with it's Titanium & Titanium+ variants.

There is no way of distinguishing all 3 variants by their badging alone, except for closely looking out for other distinguishing external characteristics:

- The SX comes with a micro roof antenna, unlike the SX+ & the SX(O) which come with shark-fin antennas.

- The SX & the SX+ manual come with normal, chunky Clean Silver alloys while the SX(O) (and now the SX+ Automatic) has diamond-cut alloys.

- Chrome door handles are absent on the SX, while they are provided in the SX+ & the SX(O).

Hence I decided to get the "+" for my Lazarus as well. Nothing like having the correct variant badging for my own Creta, to make it stand out among the sea of Creta SXs plying around.

Anurag contacted his MGA guys and got it ordered from the MGA store, and then the wait began for both of us.

Something or the other kept interrupting in-between - Anurag had an accident, I was out of town repeatedly, the badge arrived but came in pieces so had to be re-ordered, Anurag got busy, I was out because of my mother's surgery - and this endeavour somehow got stretched till the third week of June. Anurag finally pinged me on WhatsApp from Mumbai to give me a happy update that he had the badge with him, and he was shipping to my address. He sent me the DTDC courier tracking number on 2nd July, and I received the parcel 3 days after.

Meanwhile, I had to attend to mother who had undergone major surgery, and so I didn't have time to get the badge fixed. After the bull incident last Saturday, Anurag pinged me that night on WhatsApp again for an update on the fixing of the "+". I told him I was going to get it done once Lazarus reaches home from the 2nd Free Service and the denting/painting job.

Lazarus came home yesterday evening, and yesterday night I got the badge fixed. It was too dark to take pictures, so I clicked some during day time today.

Can you see it?
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9531.jpg

Closer view.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9532.jpg

Here it is!
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9530.jpg

Now I can proudly say that I own the Creta SX+.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9534.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9533.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9528.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9529.jpg

From below.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9527.jpg

From the left.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9535.jpg

My little Princess strikes a pose with her beloved "+".
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9536.jpg

Big thanks to D-BHPian a4anurag for making my Lazarus badging complete. Couldn't have done it without you, bro!

(And I still owe you that manual!)

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th July 2016 at 18:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 12:39   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy Birthday, Lazarus - my reincarnated Korean steed!

It was exactly a year back, that I had woken up in the morning to gaze lovingly at my newly-acquired Korean beast standing proudly in my garage, decked in ribbons and burst confetti.

I still remember the dates vividly:

21st May 2015 - Booked the Hyundai "ix25". First booking in my state and #4 in the unofficial booking list in the country. (link (The "I Booked my Car" Thread))

6th July 2015 - Tentative ex-factory prices "leaked" by my birdie. (link (Preview: Hyundai Creta)) I confused myself and the world by (stupidly) proclaiming those as ex-showroom prices.

21st July 2015 - The Hyundai Creta launched, with seemingly outrageous pricing! (link (Preview: Hyundai Creta)) Shocked, I put my ongoing delivery process on hold. (link (Preview: Hyundai Creta))

22nd July 2015 - Weighed over everything carefully, and decided to go ahead with the delivery. (link (Preview: Hyundai Creta))

28th July 2015 - D-Day! Saw my Lazarus in the flesh for the very first time. (link (Preview: Hyundai Creta)) Delivery at 2:30 PM amidst much fanfare. (link (Preview: Hyundai Creta))

29th July 2015 - First full day spent with my Lazarus. (link (Preview: Hyundai Creta))

29th July 2016 - Exactly one year, and 6,889 kms later...

So much has happened since those days and today, but the chain of events still seem very vividly real, as if all of that happened just yesterday itself.

Me and Lazarus have gone through so much in the past year, and to the credit of the wonderful Hyundai, it has not failed me at any critical moment till now:

- be it my daughter's sicknesses during pouring rains, a harsh winter, and a burning summer,
- quick, impromptu trips sometimes for as long as 600-700 kms to and fro,
- taking Dad to the docs many times past midnight in a real hurry,
- 2 nasty punctures out of which 1 healed miraculously by itself,
- 2 skirmishes which cost (rear-ended with my house's swinging gate and front-ended by a raging bull) and plenty which didn't,
and above all,
- sticking with me through the trying times when my Ma went through her major surgery about a month back.

Lazarus still feels fresh and as new as he was when he stood on the showroom floor, shining like a brand-new penny.
No seat covers, no boot mat, no front/rear bumper protectors, no added chrome, and yet, to the credit of the company, the car feels completely loaded even today.
Needless to say, I feel like our association has only just started.
There's plenty of more miles to be munched, and plenty of trysts ahead to be shared.

A big thanks yet again to BHPian a4anurag for Lazarus's early birthday gift. I had planned a few more for this day, but unfortunately I am down fighting a severe bout of chronic back pain for the past 4-5 days.

Thank you for being a part of my life, my lovely Korean companion. I look forward to another year of togetherness.

First time we saw each other - in the dealership stockyard.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_105808.jpg

Prepped and ready for delivery on the showroom floor.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_112900.jpg

Proud owner, with his equally proud steed!
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6899.jpg

Exactly one year later...
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9596.jpg

The front of his cabin.
Everything stock except the steering-wheel cover.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9597.jpg

Rear part of the cabin. Stock too.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9598.jpg

Contours still stand out handsomely even today.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9599.jpg

Rear is simplistic yet catching. I prefer this. Notice the "+"!
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9601.jpg

Next on the to-do list - carbon vinyl wrapping for the chrome strip.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9603.jpg

Ciao, till we meet again!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th July 2016 at 12:45.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 13:24   #260
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Rear is still simplistic yet catching. Notice the "+"
Happy Birthday Lazarus. Great to see her compete a year so soon and it feels like you just bought her.

The '+' is now in the right place and your Lazarus gets the real identity.

Such a small and simple thing, don't know what did Hyundai save by not giving it. Show that to your dealership and what is their reaction to it?!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 14:20   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]Happy Birthday, Lazarus - my reincarnated Korean steed!
Happy First Birthday to your Lazarus Good to know how it's been accompanying you for the last one year at all times without troubling you. It's time now for him to have a special birthday gift from you to compensate on the 2 minor bruises.

Wish you many more happy miles with the Lazarus Avinash
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 08:17   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happy Birthday, Lazarus - my reincarnated Korean steed!
Here's wishing your Lazarus a very happy birthday and hope you can celebrate many more such birthdays. So any birthday bash (outing) or a birthday gift planned for him? I was aware about the gate banging incident but not about the bull one. Also the two punctures are really unfortunate.

Here's wishing your Lazarus a healthy second year with no such untoward incidents.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 08:45   #263
Team-BHP Support

Happy Birthday Lazarus.

Got to spend some time with the Creta recently when we took it out for a drive along with the BRV. And it really showed on multiple fronts how Hyundai has improved over the years. Forget years, even taking my two year old Xcent against the Creta- there is a visible improvement in the steering calibration on the Creta even though they still have some way to go before getting it right.

Refinement, soft and comfortable back seat, nice driving position and view out of the cabin, good equipment list and safety features etc makes the Creta a very nice choice IMO. Only personal disappointment for me was the missing features that they dropped in Creta as compared to my Xcent, and the lack of Cruise control. Hope they correct both these mistakes when the facelift arrives.

PS- Even I've got a Hyundai in my garage with a missing (o) badging and only the SX.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 13:13   #264
Team-BHP Support

Methinks the car needs black seat covers. The whitish grey fabric will not age well (unless you shampoo it at every service). With kids around, liquid-proof seat covers will be easy to maintain too.

Quote:

Next on the to-do list - carbon vinyl wrapping for the chrome strip.
If you do it, you will get my . Will make the rear look understated and more European.

I thought of doing something similar for my car but dropped it later - because general public loves it. You take a vote among your friends & family and see the results.

Even many car enthusiasts love it because the chrome strip gives them something to do on weekends - keep it nice and shiny

Last edited by SmartCat : 31st July 2016 at 13:15.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 13:37   #265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
If you do it, you will get my . Will make the rear look understated and more European.
I vote for white instead of carbon fibre vinyl. Carbon will only bring even more contrast than the current chrome strips.

The below S variant's rear looks neat and clean.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-rear2.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 00:55   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a bunch, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Show that to your dealership and what is their reaction to it?!
Bet there will be plenty of oohs and aahs, and plenty of queries about where I procured it. Not sure Hyundai itself will pay any attention to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
It's time now for him to have a special birthday gift from you to compensate on the 2 minor bruises.
Not one but plenty of special gifts, Sunay. I have been lazing on that aspect. Hopefully his 2nd year with me will be more special than the 1st he's spent with me already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
So any birthday bash (outing) or a birthday gift planned for him? I was aware about the gate banging incident but not about the bull one.
Have a long planned list for him. Once I save enough and hit the festive season, hopefully they will start to roll.

About the bull incident, full details are in the previous page. Damage was minor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
there is a visible improvement in the steering calibration on the Creta even though they still have some way to go before getting it right.
First real sign of steering improvement in a Hyundai - even the Grand i10, the XCent and the Elite i20 don't have such good steering feel right now. It's still quite light at <10kmph speeds, but the way it gains weight when the car is in motion is very commendable.

Bet that's the German influence hard at work here.

Quote:
PS- Even I've got a Hyundai in my garage with a missing (o) badging and only the SX.
Good luck procuring an "O", complete with the brackets!

Quote:
Methinks the car needs black seat covers. The whitish grey fabric will not age well (unless you shampoo it at every service). With kids around, liquid-proof seat covers will be easy to maintain too.
The fabric itself is not that great, hence I didn't opt for seat covers. Plus, art/real leather covers heat up the interiors and make everyone uncomfortable during the summers. So I am waiting for the OEM fabrics to wear out by themselves before completely replacing them with a good, long-lasting set.

Plus, my little Princess is quite neat, tidy and careful. No worries.

Quote:
Indeed. I have seen it done on other Cretas and it looks really elegant.

Quote:
I thought of doing something similar for my car but dropped it later - because general public loves it. You take a vote among your friends & family and see the results.
No need of taking votes - I know I shall be severely outnumbered, possibly the only voter against chrome in my circles!

But everytime I glance at that rear, I am reminded how loud and garish it looks. Got to cover it!

Quote:
Even many car enthusiasts love it because the chrome strip gives them something to do on weekends - keep it nice and shiny
The chrome must hate me then - I don't even look at it, let alone polish it to a shine! It's usually dirty with water spots for at least 2-3 weeks before I give it a rub.

Quote:
I vote for white instead of carbon fibre vinyl. Carbon will only bring even more contrast than the current chrome strips.

The S variant's rear looks neat and clean.
True, but the white garnish makes the rear look more plainer than it already is, when viewed from a distance. The vinyl will at least add a touch of contrast to the overwhelming sea of white in the entire rear area.

I have an idea for the garnish. Let's see how the final product shapes up.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st August 2016 at 01:10.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 23:50   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Had to do a real dash to the state capital and back, over the weekend. This emergency visit was done for Mother's post-surgery checkup which was scheduled for 1 month after surgery, but we had been late to keep up with the date given by the doctors.

Left my town at 12:45 PM on Saturday and drove into the parking lot of the hotel I usually stay in Raipur at 6:15 PM.

Roads were decent for the first 30 minutes of the journey, then became really terrible all through till the mid-point of our trip (Kanker), and then turned fantastic (with bad sections) for about 1 more hour, before turning decent again till the end of the trip.

The rainy season which has kicked in from June-end has taken it's toll on the entire NH43 highway.

Maintained speeds of 60-70 kmph for most of the 5-and-half-hours, 310 kms trip, while slowing down to 40ish speeds over broken sections and the twisty Keskal ghats which had sections where the road had completely disappeared. On the smooth, flat stretches, I stretched Lazarus's legs till 90 kmph. Didn't go beyond that.

The doctors okayed mother's condition on Sunday morning, and we decided to return on the same afternoon. Left my hotel's premises at 2:50 PM and parked in my garage at 9:10 PM last night, after making 4 stops by the wayside during the return journey which were for a combined 45-50 minutes.

I again stuck to the same speeds as the forward journey, dashing through the smooth sections at 85-90 kmph speeds and then slowing down once the bad, potholed and broken roads came about. We also waded through a 5-minute thundering downpour which made visibility almost nil, but thankfully the rains passed really quickly.

The roads held at least 4-5 surprises, where I couldn't slow down and Lazarus thudded badly through the merciless, deep, longitudinal craters. Thankfully he maintained his composure beautifully and the brakes+ABS kicked in perfectly each time I applied them and we were spared from any bad moments with our steed. The only complaint I had was from excessive thudding of the wheels, which was later attributed to the excess air pressure in them when I checked the tyres upon reaching home. Apparently, the tyre pressure guy had over-inflated all 4 tyres by 2PSI each - I had asked for 36PSI, he had pumped in 38PSI!

Nevertheless, another quick, impromptu, nasty and bone-jarring trip has been completed successfully.

For those skeptics who still believe that the Creta's 1.6L petrol engine isn't a frugal unit, check this out:

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9883.jpg

I started the journey by filling the tank till the auto shut-off kicked in, and after the 620-kms round trip, the tank still shows ¼th full.

With a fuel tank capacity of 50 liters, out of which around 5 liters is in reserve, you can have a good idea of the numbers of the Creta's fuel efficiency on the highways.

ODO currently stands at 7,758 kms, as I type this.

Also, for the record, the difference between petrol & diesel prices stands at a mere 6 rupees now! (Petrol = Rs 62.70/liter, Diesel = Rs 56.67/liter)

Thinking of paying a visit to the Service Center tomorrow. The wipers have gone really bad and need to be replaced immediately, and Lazarus needs a thorough wash after his trip from yesterday.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd August 2016 at 00:14.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 22:21   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Lazarus lazily rolled past the 8,000-kms mark earlier in the afternoon today when I was returning home.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9998.jpg

The milestone has come in our 13th month of companionship.

I was neck-deep in job-related work all through August, so come the first week of September (6th Sep to be exact, last Tuesday), me and Lazarus set off for the Shivnath Hyundai dealership.

Just 2 minor jobs listed:

1) Replace the front wipers.
2) Give Lazarus a wash.

One optional job, which I was sure that it wouldn't be completed, is the updating of the Navigation/Maps section of the AVN. After much scurrying about and a couple of dozen phone calls later, to my bemused (and amused) self, they sheepishly admitted that they still hadn't received the updates yet.

Funny.

The company sends out a mass SMS (I am pretty sure it was to all Creta owners) on June 01st, saying "Free Map update is now available for AVN system in your Hyundai Creta vehicle. Kindly visit Hyundai Service to avail the same," and here we are, 3 months and 12 days later, and there's no updates for the same at the official Hyundai dealership.

And they have no clue about it, either.

Either way, I went to their accessories section and checked out the OEM Hyundai wiper blades set, issued by Mobis:

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9973.jpg

Seemed of decent quality and was reasonably priced, so I gave them the green signal. Wipers were changed in 5 minutes, flat.

I inquired about the rear wiper, and was told that it came as a complete set together with the bracket and all, which cost around 1300 rupees!

Decided to stick with it for now. It's still quite soft and has been minimally used, anyway.

Then came the washing part. I gave them strict instructions that only the outer section of the car was to be cleaned, and the interiors weren't to be touched. Since they had promised me a free wash during the second service (due to the mineral-oil bungle), it was done free of cost.

Lazarus was baked in dust, mud and grime. Too bad I forgot to take a pic before he hit the showers, because that would have made for a great "before-after" photograph-duo.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9974.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9975.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_9977.jpg

Total bill, including labour charges, came to Rs 700.

Ciao!
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 20:03   #269
BHPian

Quote:

Just 2 minor jobs listed:

1) Replace the front wipers.
2) Give Lazarus a wash.

Either way, I went to their accessories section and checked out the OEM Hyundai wiper blades set, issued by Mobis:

Attachment 1553507

Seemed of decent quality and was reasonably priced, so I gave them the green signal. Wipers were changed in 5 minutes, flat.

Since they had promised me a free wash during the second service (due to the mineral-oil bungle), it was done free of cost.Total bill, including labour charges, came to Rs 700.

Ciao!
Wiper cost: 298 + 235 = 533. Wash was free, so they charged 167 Rs for wiper change labour?
Old 21st September 2016, 20:43   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Wiper cost: 298 + 235 = 533. Wash was free, so they charged 167 Rs for wiper change labour?
Wipers were charged Rs 464.90 (Rs 259.70 + Rs 205.20).

Labour charges was Rs 130/-.

Rest were VAT/ST/SBC/KKC charges, and the price of a windshield washer pouch.

Here's the complete bill, to clarify all your doubts:

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_0023.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks