Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 13:05   #1396
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have to click some pictures for the ownership report. It's already in the assembly line.
Congrats Naveen.Raju

Please change your profile pic
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 13:10   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
I have to click some pictures for the ownership report. It's already in the assembly line. As of now, the waiting period is some 12 weeks for the top end and they have temporarily stopped taking AT bookings. More than 50% of bookings are for AT and they are unable to meet the demand. Once it's back on track, they will restart the bookings for the AT.
I found the pricing at the top not the usual Hyundai value buy proposition. Rather Hyundai is placing itself at the bottom end of the luxury car market. It will be interesting to see the what it results into.
Old 31st July 2015, 13:15   #1398
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
So many questions on the weight. Hyundai is hiding it like they plan to launch the Creta into space.
@ravenavi, wheeleij, can't we just take the Creta to a local weigh bridge?it will answer all questions. Stupid!
If Wheeleij is in the vicinity of the KR puram bridge (Bangalore) there is a weigh bridge on the service road right next to the flyover going towards Whitefield. I hope he can do us all a favour.
Old 31st July 2015, 13:31   #1399

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

These new Hyundais have come a long way in handling and riding comfort, I must admit. Although they are not in the absolute league of the Fords and the Fiats yet, but they stand up very much on their own when compared to their Japanese counterparts. Weighed steering at higher speeds, holding it's composure as well, riding comfort, high stance - all wonderful things which add to the feel-good factor of owning the Creta.
Congratulations RavenAvi for your Lazarus. I am eagerly waiting for your ownership experience. Now that you own Honda City as well as Hyundai, I was wondering if you could share your experiences comparing them both in terms of city drivability, interior quality, comfort, overall fit and finish.
quick_silver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 13:48   #1400
BHPian

Guys, just took delivery of my new Silver Fox Creta SX(O)!

Just wanted to let you know that the RTO here requires registration for every new model (unlike in other districts), and the owner of the showroom told me that the weight given to him by Hyundai is 1680 Kg; couldn't see it in writing, but the chap who had completed the formalities also confirmed this figure.
mr.kaybee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 14:07   #1401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Congrats Naveen.Raju

Please change your profile pic
Thanks dude. I shall change the picture soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
For the weight part of Creta, I was surprised Hyundai has not mentioned the weight of the car anywhere. Not on the Brochure and not even in the Manual. I was keen on knowing the Power to Weight and Torque to Weight Ratio as compared to the XUV500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This should be clear in the next few days, once the RTO formalities are completed. Will get back here in a dash with the exact figures.

But, speaking from riding experience, I would say that the Creta is in the vicinity of 1100-1200 kgs. The car feels heavy and sturdily built, with heavy doors, bonnet & boot, and absolutely no dents when the door & body panels are pressed with hard fingers.

This is a strongly-built chappy alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Regarding the weight part, I guess if anyone who has taken delivery of Creta can go to the weigh bridges that weigh the trucks on highways and get the exact unladen weight, that should help us in giving an approximate weight of car. Maybe the Mods should do it while reviewing the Creta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
So many questions on the weight. Hyundai is hiding it like they plan to launch the Creta into space.
@ravenavi, wheeleij, can't we just take the Creta to a local weigh bridge?it will answer all questions. Stupid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
If Wheeleij is in the vicinity of the KR puram bridge (Bangalore) there is a weigh bridge on the service road right next to the flyover going towards Whitefield. I hope he can do us all a favour.
A lot of confusion and statements discussed regarding the weight of the creta. Well, here's the official figure:

GROSS WEIGHT - 1790kg
UNLADEN WEIGHT - 1360kg
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 14:11   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have to click some pictures for the ownership report. It's already in the assembly line. As of now, the waiting period is some 12 weeks for the top end and they have temporarily stopped taking AT bookings. More than 50% of bookings are for AT and they are unable to meet the demand. Once it's back on track, they will restart the bookings for the AT.
How do the the car companies get their projections so screwed up? The same thing happened in the case of the Ecosport - at one time they were playing hard to get for the AT - and now there are texts coming from the dealerships imploring you to come and have a look at the readily available AT variant (I quoted a text on the Ecosport thread).
Don't these guys see that the Indian market is ready to pay for additional features/higher variants? I am sure if they had an AT version at the very top of the Creta variants - the one with 6 airbags and so forth - the bookings would still remain virtually the same.
There is a significant segment of buyers who are not the 'Kitna Milta Hai' (how much mileage) sorts - who are willing to pay for safety kit - for premium features - for all the things they remove in models before they hit the Indian market. And the auto companies, sadly, still seem to miss the point.
Old 31st July 2015, 14:26   #1403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

A lot of confusion and statements discussed regarding the weight of the creta. Well, here's the official figure:

GROSS WEIGHT - 1790kg
UNLADEN WEIGHT - 1360kg

Don't mind but can you please share the source?

On second thoughts, why don't you get it weighed so that we get an exact answer.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 31st July 2015 at 14:48.
Old 31st July 2015, 15:39   #1404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Don't mind but can you please share the source?

On second thoughts, why don't you get it weighed so that we get an exact answer.
This is from the dealer. Well, i am waiting for the RC to confirm the weight as this is not a major concern for me .
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 16:22   #1405
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
This is from the dealer. Well, i am waiting for the RC to confirm the weight as this is not a major concern for me .
@Naveen, Did you get any accessories from the showroom like mudflaps and floor mats ? If yes were they charged and how much ?
Old 31st July 2015, 16:32   #1406
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Naveen, Did you get any accessories from the showroom like mudflaps and floor mats ? If yes were they charged and how much ?
Just got floor mats but you cant really call them mats. They are wafer thin. I will be updating it to better ones soon. Maybe to the noodle mat that I had in the ecosport.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 16:46   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Hi am in north bangalore. Let me know if any weighbridge on this side and i can try and go there over the weekend.
Old 31st July 2015, 16:58   #1408
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Hi am in north bangalore. Let me know if any weighbridge on this side and i can try and go there over the weekend.
If you google weigh bridges in Bangalore, all of them are either in Whitefield or Peenya areas and one in Jayanagar. Unfortunately none in North Bangalore.
Old 31st July 2015, 17:38   #1409
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations @ RavenAvi, naveen.raju, Wheeliej, mr.kaybee, BNM and anyone else I may have missed (pardon me if I have done so) on getting (or eagerly waiting for) your fabulous rides!

I know some of you may have had doubts after all the speculation on pricing. I do believe the sources genuinely mistook the ex-factory prices to be the ex-showroom ones - it's quite understandable.

I'm glad you listened to your heart & mind, and had faith in your own abilities to judge a car & it's worth, instead of letting yourselves get swayed by hearsay and second-hand opinion (some of it by known incorrigible & pathological haters). It takes a strong soul with firm courage of convictions, superb self-assurance and solid faith in own's one abilities to follow one's heart & mind, and not fall prey to second-hand opinion & third-rate hearsay.

Wish you all many, many happy miles and delightful years of ownership!!!

And yes, "it" will always be a "she" when it comes to vehicles, ships, aircraft or similar things. It sounds linguistically odd in English (even a bit hilarious) to refer to such a thing as "him".

Nouns referring to objects by default have a neutral gender in English (unlike some/many languages where every object has an implied gender). However, when referring to them in an affectionate way, "it" always becomes a "she" and not a "he". This is true even for those individual things that have been christened with male names. Thus, even a ship with a distinctly male name (such as George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, King George etc.) gets affectionately referred to as a "she". So, it's perfectly fine for RavenAvi to refer to his "Lazarus" as a "she" when he's affectionately referring to it, as this happens to be linguistically correct.

One may think the English language is partial to the feminine gender, but it's not. Absolutely not! In fact, the English usage delves deep into the meaning of "masculine" and "feminine", instead of the shallow gender characteristics observable in living things (including humans).

Consider things that are sometimes referred to by the feminine form {such as ships, aircraft, vehicles, nature (Mother Nature), planets (sister planets), cities (sister cities) etc.} and those that are referred to by the masculine form {such as time (Father Time), the single almighty deity of monotheistic religions (YHWH, God, Allah etc.) and His antagonist (devil, satan) etc.}, and it becomes quite obvious that the English usage of attributing a gender to that which has no gender, or is beyond gender is absolutely correct in the deepest sense!

I don't want to digress any further, but when we use words like Father Time and Mother Earth, it really delves deep into the meaning of the "masculine" and "feminine" in a way that goes way beyond the mundane. I wish someone like Einstein had elaborated more on this when he came up with his famous equation. Yes, even his seemingly simple equation has loads and loads to say on this fascinating topic.

-------

@ RavenAvi: Glad to know the navigation system is a very accurate SAT-NAV unit. Which map service does it use? How does one keep the maps updated?

I wish every factory-fitted SAT-NAV unit came with an inbuilt module that would also enable it to act as a vehicle location identification device. Does this unit have some kind of provision by which it could be modified to also act as a location identifier?

Last edited by RSR : 31st July 2015 at 18:07.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 17:55   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
There's one behind Jakkur Aerodrome 5 minutes off Bellary Road.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks