Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 11:15   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Hyundai's coming late to the Compact SUV Party with the Creta; Ford's coming late to the Compact Sedan Party with the Aspire.

Both the launches around the same time. The Accent Vs Ikon, Verna Vs Fiesta wars continue albeit in a different level Would be interesting to watch how both the launches are done and more importantly, how Creta Vs Ecosport and Aspire Vs Xcent plays out.

Last edited by kiku007 : 13th July 2015 at 11:21.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:16   #377
BHPian

I think the variant details are wrong here. In the engine specification picture above, if you look closely, though the engine option is mentioned as 1.4L, the displacement is 1582cc which is the same as that of the 1.6 automatic.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:26   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Brochure has incorrectly stated the same power figures for both the 1.4 and 1.6 diesels. So I think that 1.4 diesel on the SX(o) version might be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The brochure has a mistake though,or I might be wrong. The power rating for 1.4 is listed as 133 PS, which I don't think is true. Also the cc for 1.4 is wrong. Looks to me either there is a printing mistake or the 1.4 wont be made available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
I think the variant details are wrong here. In the engine specification picture above, if you look closely, though the engine option is mentioned as 1.4L, the displacement is 1582cc which is the same as that of the 1.6 automatic.

Quoting myself from 2 pages back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A bit of clarification - this info + photos is from the training booklets which were distributed to the salespersons across all dealerships about 2-3 weeks back.

While the colour palette is correct, the variants information given in the booklet is a bit misleading (5 petrols, 5 diesels, etc.).

Please wait till the official brochure reaches dealerships, for a clear idea regarding all details of the Creta.
This is NOT the official brochure, guys.

See the last photo in the set called "Elevator Pitch"? This is the Sales Training Booklet distributed to the dealership sales personnel during official Training Sessions 3 weeks back, just before the Creta Media Drive was conducted.

It has some glaring mistakes and a lot of missing information. I have access to the same for awhile now but didn't post it for this exact reason.

Please wait till the official brochures reach the dealerships. All should be cleared by then.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2015 at 11:45.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:27   #379
BHPian

One more issue with the brochure - why does the S+ variant exist if it is not to be offered with any engine option? :P
I think 1.6 petrol will be available in S+ and not SX+, could be a typo in the brouchure.

Poor work on Hyundai's part nonetheless and highly unprofessional if such things pass on to the showrooms without proper QC. Eventually sales guys end up sharing wrong or incomplete information with customers.
kanishka88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:29   #380
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Creta Brochure Leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The 1.6 litre diesel motor will be available only in the SX+ trim and will be mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox. It will produce 131 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 260 Nm @ 1900-2,750 rpm.

Attachment 1391407

Attachment 1391409

Link to news article
I don't think that's correct. Looks like its a printing mistake on the brochure.

Even though the 'engine type' reads 1.4L, 'CC' (1582) Max.power (133PS) , Max Torque (26.6 kgm) mentioned as same for both. Which means there is no 1.4L variant diesel. It will be 1.6 L only (both Manual & Automatic)
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:29   #381
BHPian

I was like this when I read this neither AT nor 1.6 Diesel in SX(O) variant and I feel pity for those looking for AT box and your wait will continue for some more time. Being a prospective customer for Creta I am bit dissapointed with the Hyundai strategy here.
SX(O) trim baffles me the most and I am sensing plugging 1.4 in top trim is only to keep cost in check and probably we can expect top trim to be priced between 13.50 to 14.50 lakhs.

EDIT: I just pray whatever RavenAvi said is true, better wait for official release.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 13th July 2015 at 11:45.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:35   #382
BNM
BHPian

It's funny why the Boot space and Ground clearance are still indicated as XXX even at this stage. These are 2 important factors for any car buyer. Wonder what is up their sleeve.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:36   #383
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is the Sales Training Booklet distributed to the dealership sales personnel during official Training Sessions 3 weeks back, just before the Creta Media Drive was conducted.

It has some glaring mistakes and a lot of missing information.

Please wait till the official brochure reaches the dealerships.
I think RavenAvi has got it spot on here!

The feature list and colour options may be correct, but that specification sheet has got lots of errors.

Since this was an early internal training material for the salespeople, I think not much attention was paid to the specification page (a possible error by the graphic designer?) Also, some information such as boot volume, GC etc. is mentioned as N/A.

S2!!!, I guess it would be better to remove that error-laden specification page (i.e. image no. 6), as it doesn't match with the previous information that was posted on the engines and their variants. Also, I think it's quite obvious that the SX(O) variant is only going to come with the 1.6 CRDi and not the 1.4 CRDi.

All the other information (apart from the technical specifications page) seems to be correct at first glance, and thanks to the anonymous source and S2!!! for sharing the same here.

Last edited by RSR : 13th July 2015 at 11:57.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:00   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Brochure has incorrectly stated the same power figures for both the 1.4 and 1.6 diesels. So I think that 1.4 diesel on the SX(o) version might be wrong.
If you review it carefully the 6 speed manual diesel clubs both 1.4l and 1.6l diesel power plants - The quoted figures are right though the 1.4l specs aren't quoted

Smart folks at HMIL have been able to present the data differently
Old 13th July 2015, 12:23   #385
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Quoting myself from 2 pages back:

See the last photo in the set called "Elevator Pitch"? This is the Sales Training Booklet distributed to the dealership sales personnel during official Training Sessions 3 weeks back, just before the Creta Media Drive was conducted.

It has some glaring mistakes and a lot of missing information. I have access to the same for awhile now but didn't post it for this exact reason.

Please wait till the official brochures reach the dealerships. All should be cleared by then.
I ALWAYS wondered how the average showroom salesman in most car showrooms turn out to be so badly informed about their own products. Turns out, its not those poor folks fault after all. They are subject to abysmally low quality "education" from the large car manufactures who should know better, and hold themselves to (at least) reasonable standards. If this is the "elevator pitch" training from the second largest car manufacturer in the country, I shudder to think what happens in case of smaller manufacturers

Last edited by Contrapunto : 13th July 2015 at 12:23. Reason: typo
Contrapunto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:47   #386
Senior - BHPian

I'm one of those keenly awaiting the launch of the Creta (with an aim to buy one if it was affordable for me).

The new price ranges that are floated around now are not favourable for me. So with a hope to check if my sales guy has any details like other showrooms, I called up my sales contact in Blr. Mentioning that these are unofficial and 'not to be shared with the customer', he went on to share the same 'north of 17L' figures that have been shared here already (again, reaffirming that the prices are not confirmed to be shared with the customer, I should take them as approximates). For the top end automatic and manual variants of 1.6 diesel. A bit upsetting for my own plans, I didn't expect Hyundai to be pricier than Duster & Terrano.

Could it be a purposeful ploy by Hyundai to share over-inflated, incorrect prices in the open, so when the actuals are revealed, customers heave a sigh of relief and come flocking to buy the Creta?

Anyway for the engine and driving dynamics I was edging on the S-Cross. Will have to wait and see. Sigh, life goes on.

Edit: I like the fact that at least Hyundai is mentioning officially that the top end trims are clothed in 'artificial leather/leather like' material. Instead of falsely claiming leather Interiors (which many manufacturers do). Completely appreciated, Hyundai.

Last edited by k_ajay : 13th July 2015 at 13:17.
k_ajay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:51   #387
BHPian

I was looking forward for an AT with the six airbags option. Really disappointed to see that the SX(o) is available only with MT :(

I cannot understand what kind of strategy is this? Hoping that it is an error with this leaked brochure or else I think the only choice in the market is the Ecosport AT.
KVNair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:56   #388
MSC
BHPian

Excellent.
As expected,the Creta has been fully loaded by Hyundai. Only grudge is that the 1.6 diesel is not available in top SX-o version.
But still most of the variants cover most of the expectations.
The only thing left is price. It has to be remembered that Hyundai has history of very good price range.
Now if Hyundai prices Creta between 8.5L for base version to 13.5 top variant, I can already see Ecosport, Duster,Safari 2x2,Scorpio and even the bigger XUV 500 in mortal threat.
Old 13th July 2015, 13:07   #389
Senior - BHPian

Ford started with their Ecosport and now the Hyundai creta and Maruti also seems to be coming up with their compact SUV.

Looks like this year would see a spike in compact SUVs.
Old 13th July 2015, 13:14   #390
BHPian

This kind of print mistake is unacceptable. Is this the genuine version of the specs? Or is it a dealer level brochure (with their own predictions from training) that often contain such mistakes.

Last edited by govindremesh : 13th July 2015 at 13:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks