Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 06:34   #1606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkydory View Post
Greetings Folks! I have just joined the forum and even though I have been wanting to join the forum for a long time now; I guess what really triggered it now was my confusion about a future course of action. I am in a situation where I do not know if I am being taken for a ride by my dealer.

To cut a long story short- I booked an automatic shortly after launch, on 24th of July (I understand some of you may have booked it months ago ) and I have not even been given a tentative delivery "month"; let alone a date or week by my dealer.

What I want to ask you enthusiasts is- is this normal? Is this the way it happens? Every time I ask them to give me a tentative week, they just somehow talk their way out of it. I completely understand there is a long wait, but all I need is a definite week when it will be delivered. Am I asking for too much?
!
Mate, I am in the same boat here in Hyderabad, in fact I booked much before the launch, automatic variant. I still don't have eta, a vague statement 3-6 months. The showroom guys were candid in acknowledging that if i had some connections in Hyundai things could be done faster, Which I don't. But on the brighter side, this GST thing could be worth the wait for folks in Hyderabad and Bangalore where road taxes are crazy high, and now it seems winter session it may get passed.
Old 13th August 2015, 08:05   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkydory View Post
Thanks for your replies Rajeevraj and Arjun :-)

This is Trident Hyundai- Old Airport Road Branch. The branch is headed by a guy named Roshan Sheka who promised me a definite date when it will be delivered in the first week of August, but no timeline is given now whenever I call up.

Contact Vineet( Advaith Bannegatta Road) helpful chap. +91 99-00-015470.
Old 13th August 2015, 10:19   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Mate, I am in the same boat here in Hyderabad, in fact I booked much before the launch, automatic variant. I still don't have eta, a vague statement 3-6 months. The showroom guys were candid in acknowledging that if i had some connections in Hyundai things could be done faster, Which I don't. But on the brighter side, this GST thing could be worth the wait for folks in Hyderabad and Bangalore where road taxes are crazy high, and now it seems winter session it may get passed.
Even of gst gets passed in the winter session, at least half of all the states need to ratify it in their assemblies after which parliament has to ratify it again. So it's going to take a while to implement. Don't wait for it.
Old 13th August 2015, 11:22   #1609
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Hyundai India putting Creta exports on hold, will meet Indian market demand first.

Confirmed booking numbers rise to 32,000, with 20% of those bookings for the petrol variants.

Quote:
South Korean carmaker Hyundai Motor India has deferred its plan to export Creta SUV by a few months to meet demand for the new vehicle in the domestic market. With a booking of 32,000 units, the company is adjusting its production schedules to reduce waiting period.

The company has deferred the plans to export its vehicle from September to November-December. It is not the first time that the company has reacted to market demand, earlier decided to advance the launch of the vehicle in the market by a couple of months to July.

Rakesh Srivastava, senior vice-president, sales and marketing at Hyundai Motor India said: "We are delighted. We are increasing production to reduce waiting period."

The company has already retailed about 8,000 units and produced about 11,000 units in the past couple of months. The waiting period runs from 3 months to 9 months depending on the variant and location.

Interestingly, in a primarily diesel driven market, the company has already garnered 20% bookings for the petrol variant of Creta.
ET Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 11:31   #1610
YCJ
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just saw the Creta at the local dealership. The car is really spot on but at the same time it is overpriced. Atleast they should have offered 4x4 at this price.
Old 13th August 2015, 12:09   #1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hyundai India putting Creta exports on hold, will meet Indian market demand first.

Confirmed booking numbers rise to 32,000, with 20% of those bookings for the petrol variants.
Can we attribute some of these numbers to the gushing reviews of Creta by the new owners on Team-BHP?
Shadowspy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 12:35   #1612
Senior - BHPian

I hope I have not missed it but is there any official review thread about Creta?
I cannot find it here on this thread too.
Old 13th August 2015, 13:29   #1613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I hope I have not missed it but is there any official review thread about Creta?
I cannot find it here on this thread too.

All of us a waiting for the official review. Should be out shortly.
Old 13th August 2015, 13:35   #1614
Senior - BHPian

You generally get a feel about the success of a newly launched vehicle by way of how many and how quickly you spot a newly launched vehicle on the road. By this criteria Creta seems to be a big success. I have been spotting new Cretas on the road on a daily basis. Can't say the same about Jazz and although very early for SCross, but not seen any on the road.
rrsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 14:28   #1615
BHPian

Spotted a white creta with those beautiful 17" diamond cut alloys looking like a stunning little package. The white color with black alloy rims like in the fortuner is a great combination
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 18:43   #1616
BHPian

Guys, is there a picture of the dashboard of the Creta Petrol Base model? Thinking of replacing Swift with the Creta Base and then accessorizing it (AVN)

Last edited by johy : 13th August 2015 at 18:50.
Old 13th August 2015, 18:58   #1617
Distinguished - BHPian

Weird call from Trident Hyundai (TH) today

TH: Hello. Mr Rajeev?
Me: Yes
TH: Sir you had expressed interest in the Creta?
Me: Yes I did.
TH: Do you have an old car?
Me: No, I do not have (assuming they are asking if I have car for exchange)
TH: Ok thank you. Bye.

Pretty strange. Were they identifying customers with an old car to exchange? If so, for what purpose. Or checking if I already have a car with the assumption that a first time buyer interested in Creta is probably wasting their time?
Old 13th August 2015, 19:21   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Pretty strange. Were they identifying customers with an old car to exchange? If so, for what purpose. Or checking if I already have a car with the assumption that a first time buyer interested in Creta is probably wasting their time?
Its not weird , Yesterday i received a call from Himgiri Hyundai , Delhi asking the same .Unlike you i actually got my car evaluated [a 2008 swift diesel vdi] . I plan to change my car next year though for the Hyundai Creta .

Any spelling mistakes are regretted as my laptops keyboard was fried due to my son spilling milk on it.
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 19:22   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
Even of gst gets passed in the winter session, at least half of all the states need to ratify it in their assemblies after which parliament has to ratify it again. So it's going to take a while to implement. Don't wait for it.
Would the road taxes come under the purview of GST ? My understanding was that GST is to bring in a new system in place of various states sales taxes and central sales tax (CST). If it will help making the road tax uniform in all states, that's great !

PS : May be I jumped the gun. Your intention would have been to save some money in the sales tax component with GST coming in force.
Old 13th August 2015, 19:29   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

I got the call too. It was from their exchange department and then I got a separate call from their accessories department as well. Looks like they all work independently once you express interest.
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks