Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 11:26   #121
BHPian

re: Review: 2015 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Team,

My relative is looking to get a 4x4 MT this December. It will be bought from a dealer in Chennai. Considering the floods that happened recently, could someone help me out as to what needs to be checked in the car other than the PDI that we have in the forum.

We are not sure how much the yard was impacted or where the car was at the time of trouble. Hence the apprehension.

Getting a 60K discount and a favorable interest rate. Considering the price rise in Jan and that Fortuner doesn't get offered at discount prices generally, I believe its a good deal.

Only fly in the ointment is the condition of the city a couple of weeks back.

Thanks in advance.
Toyota's plant is in/near Bangalore, if I am not mistaken - not Chennai.

Doubt that much of their vehicles have been affected - other than the actual components going into making a Fortuner - which could have been sourced from Chennai-based suppliers, of which there could be many...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 15th December 2015 at 11:27. Reason: Clarity.
Old 15th December 2015, 11:49   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Toyota's plant is in/near Bangalore, if I am not mistaken - not Chennai.

Doubt that much of their vehicles have been affected - other than the actual components going into making a Fortuner - which could have been sourced from Chennai-based suppliers, of which there could be many...
Sorry if i was not clear. My question was more into whether the car would have been affected at a dealership level. I understand that Toyota don't have a manufacturing place in Chennai but since the whole of Chennai was submerged, some precautions are necessary.
Old 15th December 2015, 12:44   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Sorry if i was not clear. My question was more into whether the car would have been affected at a dealership level. I understand that Toyota don't have a manufacturing place in Chennai but since the whole of Chennai was submerged, some precautions are necessary.
Sorry, I misread your original post. (After rechecking it now)

I would go over to the locations that you (or your relative/s) are planning to buy the car from and check it out yourself/yourselves - better to be safe rather than sorry.

Check for wet ground and water/tidemarkings in surrounding walls which would indicate flooding and/or mud/sediment/oil deposited on vertical surfaces - both at the dealership and their storage areas.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 15th December 2015 at 12:45.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 23:51   #124
BHPian

Folks,

Happy New Year to everyone. Quick bunch of questions:

1. I have the 2015 Fortuner 4x4 AT and I wanna fit a lightbar on it. Any idea of models that work best with the car and also good places to get these fixed in Pune?

2. 3d Floor mats - which ones? I have the black interiors and was wondering if I keep it all black or do a mix with beige ones?
Old 28th January 2016, 22:37   #125
BHPian

Quote:
2. 3d Floor mats - which ones? I have the black interiors and was wondering if I keep it all black or do a mix with beige ones?
Hi reevester,

I too own a 2015 Fortuner 4x4 AT and also got these 3d floor mats in it.
The ones that i got are black in colour and they absolutely suit the beast. I would personally suggest you to go with black ones.
On a different note, before fortuner i had a captiva and I had 3d mats in it also. The difference between these two was in the middle row mats. In captiva, it was a convenient single piece mat for the whole floor while in fortuner it is 2 piece for sides and nothing for centre which i found quite disappointing. Nonetheless, these are great for the car.
Old 28th January 2016, 23:19   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Folks,

Happy New Year to everyone. Quick bunch of questions:

1. I have the 2015 Fortuner 4x4 AT and I wanna fit a lightbar on it. Any idea of models that work best with the car.
May be this can do some little help

240w light
10w x24 leds cree all spot

Alibaba. Com
Cost me 9000rs +4000 rs courier charge
Custom made fittings. Tilted slightly left to avoid hesitation to oncoming traffics. Only using it on high speed highways and for off roading.
Fitted a year back with black leather custom cover.
Very happy
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2015 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic-20160125-12.22.22.jpg  

Last edited by neo_trace : 28th January 2016 at 23:23.
neo_trace is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 09:43   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
10w x24 leds cree all spot
The problem with light bars is that, even though they are labelled as spot, the throw is very limited compared to the domelights like Flyt or Ralley 4000 or Light Force.

I took my LED light bars off and put my Rally 4000s back on my Endeavour as I used to use it mainly for long distance crusing at high speeds and distance/throw was more important than spread at high speeds. But for my Thar I find the LED Light bar to be perfect as the speeds are much lower when I go off-road and on jungle tracks and spread/wide beam is more effective than spot/throw.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:12   #128
BHPian

Quote:
i own 2012 Fortuner 4x4 manual
and just completed 78000 kms on stock tyres
dealer says still i can drive on more 10000kms.
that what we call relablity...huh
Do the new Fortuners come with tubeless tires? (My salesman says yes.)

Are they radials?
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:27   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Do the new Fortuners come with tubeless tires? (My salesman says yes.)

Are they radials?
Yes, fortuner comes with both radials and tubeless tires.
neo_trace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:31   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, fortuner comes with both radials and tubeless tires.
Thanks! (Thanked you using the other method as well)

I think buying a Fortuner now to use until Ford irons out deliveries of the Endeavour is a better bet - as the resale on the F would be decent, I would think.

(Toyota now claiming to release the new one only in 2017...)

Any tips on the best no depreciation insurance for Toyota/Fortuner?

The Toyota workshop head of this dealer, now a sales lead says that any of the insurance companies plans is taken care of by them without problems...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 22nd February 2016 at 22:33.
Old 1st March 2016, 13:18   #131

30 lacs for a Fortuner is a bit of a stretch no matter how good the car might be!!! It's a good thing then that their cars are so good, it almost makes sense to buy these 'pre loved' than brand new!!

And to make matters worse, the new one coming in is going to cost even more and is quite a fugly looking one too, in my opinion.
Old 1st March 2016, 13:42   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran Mohsin View Post
30 lacs for a Fortuner is a bit of a stretch no matter how good the car might be!!! It's a good thing then that their cars are so good, it almost makes sense to buy these 'pre loved' than brand new!!

And to make matters worse, the new one coming in is going to cost even more and is quite a fugly looking one too, in my opinion.
Agreed - it's way overpriced.

I also agree with the new design, which is not great - and in addition, the new one reportedly will not have full-time AWD/4wd, so there still should be good demand for the older version when the new one is released in the market here.
Old 12th March 2016, 21:56   #133
BHPian

Just drove the same model to the yard today in Panvel via the Eastern Express Highway after crossing over Crawford Market from Marine Drive, and after reaching Thane, we had to switch to an Innova.

After that short drive, I felt my neck giving me (slight) shooting pains.

This is because the suspension is *way* too stiff - the dealer salesman stated they kept the tire pressures at 33 psi.

This vehicle had 9600 kms on the odometer, so not sure if the suspension will get any more pliant over time - anyone have feedback on this??

I knew that my Dicor had a much nicer suspension, but experiencing pain (in the neck) is not very cool...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 12th March 2016 at 21:58.
Old 27th March 2016, 17:43   #134
Senior - BHPian

One question for all the 4×4 auto box owners here.

What is the real world mileage for the 4×4 automatic both for city and highway usage?
Old 27th March 2016, 20:17   #135
BHPian

Quote:
One question for all the 4×4 auto box owners here.

What is the real world mileage for the 4×4 automatic both for city and highway usage?
Never attained a two digit figure in past 6 months of ownership of the beast, although i agree i drive with a bit of a heavy foot.

Have consistently achieved around 7-8 in city driving and 8-9 in highway driving. The figures is what the MID shows, not calculated by tank to tank method.
Piyush46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks