Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2015, 07:57   #106
BHPian

re: Review: 2015 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic

Current Fortuner owners & prospective Fortuner buyers:
Any thoughts or ideas on how many 4x4 automatics Fortuners are selling v/s 2x4 Fortuners?

What is the mileage variation between both variants?

For resale, which would have more valuation say in 5 years from now (4x4 automatic or 2x4 automatic)? In addition, considering the totally new version of Fortuner will be out in 2016, how will valuation hold for current automatic versions?

Insights will be appreciated.
Old 3rd April 2015, 18:34   #107
BHPian

Its been almost 3 years with my 4x4 MT Fortuner. Yes, initially the bumpy ride did bother me, however it turned out that the tires were at 47 psi! When they were settled at the recommended 30 psi it was a different story all together. Post 2011 Fortuners are coming with Prado brake disc pads and not the Innova brake disc pads. My mates have done the upgrade on pre 2011 Fortuners and there was a noticeable improvement in this part. In my region, where there are roads in interior Marathwada, Fortuner is a boon. The only other vehicle that is as tough is the Bolero - its difficult to desettle them on such roads at speed. I had an opportunity to drive AT 4x2 Fortuner for a good 300 kms and it was a boon. Mileage hovered around 13.6 as per the MID. Never got hands on a 4x4 AT. Our short trips to Rajmachi and the likes in Fortuner were a memoir always. New Santa-Fe bottomed once when I was a passenger in a friends drive on a crazy hump which is a no bother for my Fortuner. Guess it was the lower ground clearance and longer wheel base.
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:38   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Fortuner's success is also due, in large part, to the incompetence and/or unwillingness of other manufacturers to spring up an alternative. New Endeavour is taking forever to arrive. Wonder what more Ford is waiting for. These are the only two automatic SUVs available under/around 30L. Tata doesn't know what automatic means and M&M has taken a step backward by withdrawing At variant it had on older Scorpio. And I have been hearing about XUV 500 automatic since my birth.
Wonderfully put!! In fact one can extend the argument to other segments like the MPVs as well. I am unable to understand why the MPVs cannot have automatic transmissions at least as an option! Taking a step further if you have to search for the right automatic but will not find one suiting you because not all variants in a car will be offered with automatics only top but one or top spec will have it. Last but not least companies like FIAT which make good ride and handling cars won't offer automatics (and better engines like 1.6 MJD!) for fear of increasing their sales!!
Old 4th April 2015, 16:01   #109
BHPian

For all Fortuner owners, there is a peculiar "issue" which my car suffers from.
The Range on the information display does not increase even after filling it up.
The fuel gauge needle does however reach "F" but the range info stays as it is.
So much so once the range showed 23 kms even though the fuel gauge needle was at F .
I have shown this twice to the local dealer and both times they disconnected the negative terminal of the battery for 90 seconds and the range increased to 730 odd kms.
Today I filled 22L of fuel and did reset the average speed and time on the display but the range was still the same even after driving for 5-6 kms.
Since the dealer was opposite the petrol bunk payed them a visit and they did reset it by disconnecting the terminal for the second consecutive time.
I was told by the manager that they will check the issue with their demo vehicle and then get back to me.

Any pointers?
Old 5th April 2015, 13:20   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
For all Fortuner owners, there is a peculiar "issue" which my car suffers from.
The Range on the information display does not increase even after filling it up.
The fuel gauge needle does however reach "F" but the range info stays as it is.
So much so once the range showed 23 kms even though the fuel gauge needle was at F .
Any pointers?
Do you switch off the vehicle completely before adding fuel? I did not find any such issue with my 4WD
Old 5th April 2015, 15:38   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai View Post
Do you switch off the vehicle completely before adding fuel? I did not find any such issue with my 4WD
Yes, I do that always.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 12:40   #112
BHPian

Hi can anyone confirm the delivery times? In Mumbai, for black 4x4 AT, have been told 8 weeks?
Old 11th June 2015, 19:53   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by gragusha View Post
Hi can anyone confirm the delivery times? In Mumbai, for black 4x4 AT, have been told 8 weeks?
I have inquired about a Super White 4x4 AT and they said they could get it in 15-30 days. They pointed out that the time is based on the color and since Super White is common, they should be able to get it in 2-4 weeks. Other colors take more time. I can ask them about black and give you and update. This is in Bangalore BTW.
Old 12th December 2015, 20:46   #114
BHPian

Which color would have the best resale value? (Planning to sell after 11 months or slightly longer)

These are the 2 options of vehicles in stock:

Super White or Bronze Mica Metallic?
Old 12th December 2015, 21:07   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Which color would have the best resale value? (Planning to sell after 11 months or slightly longer)

These are the 2 options of vehicles in stock:

Super White or Bronze Mica Metallic?
Super white should be the easiest to sell as a white T Fortuner always has good demand. But keep in mind the new model might launch by then and hence the resale value of the current model may be affected.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 14:30   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Super white should be the easiest to sell as a white T Fortuner always has good demand. But keep in mind the new model might launch by then and hence the resale value of the current model may be affected.
Thanks - I had placed an order to buy the Bronze Mica Metallic, but now might go for the Super White.

However, there are just so many of the Super Whites driving around - might be difficult to find in one of my areas' parking lots!
Old 13th December 2015, 15:22   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - I had placed an order to buy the Bronze Mica Metallic, but now might go for the Super White.

However, there are just so many of the Super Whites driving around - might be difficult to find in one of my areas' parking lots!
I was considering a wrap - anyone have done this on a Fortuner?

What would a whole car wrap cost? None of the 3M guys that I have spoken to have done a SUV, and are quoting approximately Rs.350/- + VAT per square foot for the 3M 1080.
Old 13th December 2015, 19:57   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was considering a wrap - anyone have done this on a Fortuner?

What would a whole car wrap cost? None of the 3M guys that I have spoken to have done a SUV, and are quoting approximately Rs.350/- + VAT per square foot for the 3M 1080.

Ahmedabad 3M have done a full black matt wrap on a Fortune. The amount was in the range of ₹70-80K.

But to do a complete wrap, they kind of dismantle each and every removable part and body panel. They removed the head lights, grill, bumper, fog lamps, tail lights, side panel, bonnet, etc. I think it's not a good idea to open up the whole car just for a wrap. Especially a new car. In my opinion, the new darkish Silver colour looks awesome with those contrast g Black rims. Bronze mica is a very high maintenance colour, and white as known, is too common.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 20:11   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Ahmedabad 3M have done a full black matt wrap on a Fortune. The amount was in the range of ₹70-80K.

But to do a complete wrap, they kind of dismantle each and every removable part and body panel. They removed the head lights, grill, bumper, fog lamps, tail lights, side panel, bonnet, etc. I think it's not a good idea to open up the whole car just for a wrap. Especially a new car. In my opinion, the new darkish Silver colour looks awesome with those contrast g Black rims. Bronze mica is a very high maintenance colour, and white as known, is too common.
For the above wrap, did they also apply the wrap to the underside of the bonnet? (I would probably not do this due to the chances of heat from the engine causing the wrap to melt/catch fire.)

What about the wheelwells? (This I would probably do)

70k+ seems prohibitively expensive, but worth getting the choice of color, I guess...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 13th December 2015 at 20:13. Reason: Adding details.
Old 15th December 2015, 08:18   #120
Senior - BHPian

Team,

My relative is looking to get a 4x4 MT this December. It will be bought from a dealer in Chennai. Considering the floods that happened recently, could someone help me out as to what needs to be checked in the car other than the PDI that we have in the forum.

We are not sure how much the yard was impacted or where the car was at the time of trouble. Hence the apprehension.

Getting a 60K discount and a favorable interest rate. Considering the price rise in Jan and that Fortuner doesn't get offered at discount prices generally, I believe its a good deal.

Only fly in the ointment is the condition of the city a couple of weeks back.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks